Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

July 2018

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:09 am

Ark, it must have been a fun ride. After all this time, you have two horses that can and will do what you've always wanted.

Trudy, check in when you can. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:41 pm

Good news and bad news. Good news, it's really quiet around here. Bad news, it's really quiet around here. The last of the troops left this afternoon. No extra cars or campers, my stuff is all back where it belongs. Other than needed to run the vacuum, all is in good shape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 pm

ELLEN:
 It is a shock when suddenly the house is quiet.  I bet you had a great time with the family! :dance:

We had a big thunderstorm yesterday afternoon and it knocked out our internet until just now.  It is amazing how much we get attached to that connection! affraid   The storm passed after dumping a nice bit of rain and it was clear by the time Lori arrived at 5 pm for our lesson.  The arena was a bit soggy, but had drained enough to be usable.  Both horses were in good moods and we had a nice lesson.

Areion HAS to lose weight.  Despite a grazing muzzle and reduced hay, I think she has gained more poundage.  Ivan and Daisy have both lost weight, at least some in Ivan's case.  Areion must have a much slower metabolism than Ivan.  They get the same amount of food.   Ivan burns his off with his emotions, probably.  I hate restricting food to anything.  Those big brown eyes get to me....

And I need a grazing muzzle for myself, too. Rolling Eyes

TRUDY:
 How are you doing? pirat

CB:
 Got your message, you are welcome!  Let me know if you have anymore problems with your password.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 pm

Here I is! New phone as I lost mine...yes I did! Tuesday the third we went to taco johns got tacos and ate some of them and then mistakenly (what were we thinking) left the leftover tacos in the bag and 4 dogs in the truck while we went to wal mart. Came out and we had shredded lettuce EVERYWHERE. Guess they don't like lettuce. I didn't notice then my phone had gotten knocked off the charger....we gathered up the trash and threw it in a trash can at Wal-Mart. Later parked at the truck stop waiting for my cousin who is a truck driver to stop for a visit...i couldn't find my phone anywhere. Searched the whole truck. Unless a dog ate it we figured it fell into the taco bag and we threw it away.....dashed down to wal mart and would you believe they had emptied the trash. yep.
So am now trying to set things back up and had to once again ask Ark what my password stuff was to login and once again she came to my rescue. Thank you!
Fireworks display was one of the best I've seen for mt. Home as long as I've lived here.
Our AC crapped out in the camper....100 degree days forecasted for next month....said screwy this....got a portable one for now. RV goes in shop Monday for a new slide motor. New Jack. And fix the AC. Hope that will do it.
Harry's last appt is August 19th and since we leased house thru rental agent we can hit the road. Light at the end of this tunnel...yay.
Hubby found yishi likes to run with him while he is riding his trike so he has found a way to burn some energy and behaves much better....thankfully.
Grandson Kyle's wedding is on Saturday....i guess he needs to make his own mistakes but my heart aches for him as I know he will get hurt.
Alrighty then...caught up....my life is just so exciting....yup!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:46 pm

My surgery is over,  I passed the exam yesterday at the Eye doctor, all is working well. I have officially entered the ranks of senior citizen ladies with my reading glasses around my neck on a string.  affraid I feel NAKED without my glasses, I keep adjusting them but they are not on my face.  It's weird.  Next week I go back to the eye doctor and they will do another check and I will get a pair of glasses to wear full time instead of the CVS glasses. 60 years I have worn glasses so this is very strange.  I can SEE across the room just can't read very well.

Not supposed to be on the computer very long, so I I better get off of here before George comes out and sees me.  LOL

Thanks for all the prayers...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Trudy, I'm glad all went well.  I'm sure it's going to feel really good to be able to see without glasses.  
For quite a few years, I've worn multi-focal contacts.  One lens is set for close-up to middle distance.  The other is set for distance back to middle distance.  That works really well for me.  The doc told me I can do that whenever I have to have cataracts removed - which is probably 7 or 8 years away.  

It is rather warm here today, but I've been able to just use the ceiling fan rather than turning on the AC.  That will be in action tomorrow, for sure.

Ark, I sure understand that easy-keeper thing.  In the not quite two weeks the gang was here, I know I've gained some that is going to be hard to get back off.

CB, where are you off to next after you get the camper fixed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:52 pm

Cloudy & cooler today. Instant chicken & noodles MMMMMMMMMMM

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:13 pm

It's pretty warm here today with added humidity. No chicken and noodles here today. Maybe some ice cream. uhhhh, maybe not. I ate way too much the last two weeks. I think I heard my scales groan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Trudy...thats good news. I don't think I could get usr to looking at me in a mirror without glasses.

GM...it won't be until middle of August before we can hit the how at again....stuck here until his VA appts are done.
I have appt July 31 to get some stuff injected in my hand where yoshi took me for a flying lesson at the end of his leash. The ligament to my special event finger has a large cyst NIW and doesn't want to work. It's really hard when I want to use expression and that finger won't move. What a Face Rolling Eyes
But we are just going...dont know where yet....have to go to Arizona and downsize storage unit there...then I don't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 pm

That should read InstaPot chicken & noodles.................gads.

Boy, it's good...................... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:21 pm

104 today....even with portable AC on and fans only 79 in here.
Monay we take the camper in for a new slide motor and fix the rooftop AC.
Went to Kyle's wedding...nice....but didn't go to reception. Can't leave digs here in camper in case power would go out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:39 pm

We're having
a heat
Wave... Oh boy ....102 today
. for next month hot 97 and above.
Taking RV in
For repairs tomorrow in hopes we may get out of here in August....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:58 pm

It was hot here today, but not 102°. It was about 95° with lots of humidity. I stayed in the house and gave my embroidery machine some exercise. I am making Pirkko a pouch that will hold little items she might want to have handy. It has flowers and butterflies on it in lots of cheerful colors. Got the embroidery done today. I'll make the bag tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:33 am

ELLEN:
How is Pirkko doing? Has she been to the rehab place? I am sure she will love the pouch you are making her.

CB:
That's hot. We didn't quite make 90 degrees here today, but the humidity was terrible. We had thunderstorms all around us and we didn't get any of the needed rain. It may rain tomorrow, hopefully. Our pasture is suffering.

GRAYMARE:
Are any of those fires near you? That is the scariest situation...

I cancelled my trail ride because of thunderstorms today. It must have rained somewhere, they were all around us. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:56 am

We need rain here too, but it has gone all around us.  This morning, it's overcast and 99% humidity.  

Pirkko has been at rehab for most of two weeks now.  Her speech has improved a great deal.  Physically, she is making slow progress.  They are working her 3 1/2 hours a day.  She wanted to go to a place that would make her work hard.  She got it.
Thanks for asking.

Trudy, how is it going?

A few hours later: That sucking sound I'm hearing is the grass slurping up the little bit of rain we are getting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:23 am

This morning I'm off to the eye doctor and get fitted with my prescription reading glasses.  This on and of game is driving me nuts.  It is very cool to be able to drive and see distance but it has taken all the joy out of reading anything and I read a lot or I used to read a lot.  Crying or Very sad This too shall pass.  I'm hoping they cut back on my daily eye drops today.

It certainly beats what my friend Ruth is going thru after her eye surgery so I'm trying not to whine too much.  She has a infection and has to take a month off of work.  Of course, it wasn't the doctor fault...LOL LOL  She already had a eye infection when he operated.  silent OK then....

We had some rain last night, not much but it is supposed to rain later today.  I hope so, the garden is like cement, digging up the carrots is a struggle.  I froze a bunch of beets and have some more to pick and get in the freezer. I drove for the first time since the operation to the Post Office yesterday and could see the road signs. YIPPEEEEE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Trudy, I'm happy to hear that everything is going well with your eyes.

We got about an hour of rain yesterday, some light, some heavy. It's amazing to see how fast the grass started to get green again. We'll need more for it to come back completely. Although not needing to mow is a benefit. Only the weeds are growing and thriving. Why is that?!?
A front came through last evening and cleared the air. It's been a gorgeous day with pleasant temperatures and much lower humidity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:42 pm

Well, it's hot here but but mornings are nice. Monsoons have wreaked havoc
in our area but not here at the house.

I went to Walmart today and saw an Amazon truck FULL of boxes. FULL.
Wow, Amazon sure has a BIG sale. Even my neighbors got boxes
delivered today.

That's it for now here................ cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:45 pm

OH. I forgot. ARK, there are no fires near me...........down in the valley or mtns.
It's been raining in the mtns daily. That's a good thing, for sure.
Our fire restrictions have bee reduced and the forests are open. Some back mtn
trails still closed for protection. It's pretty and green!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:39 am

Trudy glad your eyes are doin good.

We have fires around us and lots of smoke....sore throats...ugh
Got our RV all fixed ready to head out as we thought Aug 8 would be his last appt....but oh noooooo....has 2 more last one Aug 28th.....geesh Louise....another 5 weeks or more....it will be time to head for our winter snowbirds site...oh well....cant change it....go with the flow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 am

TRUDY:
You will be happier when you get your reading glasses. I had to put drops in my eyes for a few weeks, but never did wear the eye patch. I can get off the shelf reading glasses, I had the corrective lens installed for my extreme nearsightedness. I am still amazed at how well I can see. What a Face and it's been 5 years.

GRAYMARE:
I am glad the fires aren't near you. We have had thunderstorms all around us this week and haven't gotten more than a sprinkling of rain. My yard grass is crunchy. We watch the storms go by.

ELLEN:
The humidity finally dropped today, it felt great! It's been very hot and humid.

CB:
Stay cool! How are the pups doing?

Areion scared us mightily this week. She has been slowly walking and acting a bit gimpy. She is overweight and on a diet, but apparently has been scrounging more than she should. We thought she had laminitis. Today I discovered she has two cuts on her left rear fetlock and heelbulb. She threw that hoof boot off during the last trail ride and must have cut herself on a rock at the time. I found the first cut today in a fold of skin that you can't see on her fetlock when you pick up her foot. We soaked the foot in Epsom salts this evening and discovered the second cut right at the coronet band in the crevice between the heel bulbs, it was disguised by dirt until we soaked her foot. That cut looks painful. So our theory now is that she is relieving the weight off that rear foot by putting it onto the front feet and making them a bit sore. She doesn't react to the hoof pressure tester on any feet, no swelling, no heat, no faster pulse. She has been wearing her front Cavallo hoof boots with soft inserts all day and seems much more comfortable. We put some medicine on the cuts. Hopefully she will heal up very soon. Now if we can just get that weight off....

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:45 am

Gads, CB. I guess all you can do is wet your mask............Hope things settle down
fast. Stay safe.

Where are ROSE & BEECH?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:51 am

Brother, ARK. With horses, it's always something. Hope Aerion heals well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:38 am

"It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring....."
The grass is happy this morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Ellen, are you getting rain? We are getting slammed in the mtns............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Boy, the midwest had some really bad storms...............and those drownings in
Branson sure was awful. Prayers for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 2018   

Back to top Go down

July 2018
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next