Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

August 2018

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:18 am

Yup another water nightmare here in PA.  Nothing bad at our place but other places are having horrendous water issues. On top of the water issues, a huge crane fell over on route 15 and closed the main road for 5 miles in each direction.  And the Little League World Series starts today in Williamsport.  What a mess.

Yesterday was a banner day for me.  Got my glasses back...YIPPEEEEE no more on and off all day long, NO more reading glasses mad search, had my hair cut.  YIPPEEEE no more barrettes holding the hair outta my face.  Now I look like someone I recognize when I look in the mirror.

ELLEN:  That is very cool about your little cousin.  Barrel racing is such fun, we always had fun times at the shows.  It does take a fearless rider.  I tried Western Pleasure and you are right it was boring...for me and my horse.

ARK:  Loved the rainbow photos.  God sends us such beautiful sights to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:35 pm

WOW, our country is suffering............people in the west have lost their homes due to fires, people in the east are losing to floods, and a lot of the country has drought.
It's a quagmire of problems. Pray for our country.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:08 pm

Volcanic action going on...fires...floods...droughts.
.makes one wonder
Relatives have water in basements
...rooves and windows leaking
...cars and campers washed away.
..roads and bridges gone...going to take lots of cleanup and flood insurance is something most dont carry
Back there
.crazeeeeeee happenings

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Yesterday we had thunder lightning very little rain and it started 10 new fires which several are still going strong so the air is bad here. Smoky so smoky cant see the foothills or mts. Guess it is worse in canada so i should be quiet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:52 pm

WOW,CB............hoping it all settles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:47 am

Where is everyone?????

Still raining here in PA.  Not as bad, but short torrential down pours every dang day.  We are getting soggy and cranky.  A friend sent me a little saying "when life gives you rain, put on your boots and play in the puddles".  That's a way of life now, or never leave the house.  It made me think of when I was a kid and me and my best friend Diane were playing in this huge mud puddle.  Boy did we get in trouble from our moms.  LOL  But what fun we were having until they spotted us.  Gotta make the best of whatever is going on.

Today is our 30th anniversary. And they said we would never make it. We certainly proved them wrong.
2 completely opposite personalities can get along. ROFL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:09 am

It's been a busy weekend. My cousin and her neighbor came up for the weekend. They arrived on Friday morning, and will be here until tomorrow. Friday, we took a good boat ride with Travis' dad in their nice inboard. There's just nothing like the sound of an inboard.
Yesterday we spent a lot of the day in Shipshewana, shopping, visiting a cheese making factory, ending with Rise 'n' Roll donuts. Last evening, we went to a lot ski show that featured a LOT of young kids. The youngest performer was 4 years old on a knee board. The rest of the kids were between 6 and 12. There were a few guys who were young adults. I was really surprised at how many young kids they had.
There was a wedding across the lake last evening. The entire lake got to "enjoy" the music for about 3 hours.
We don't have any big plans for the day today until we go ride the Dixie this evening.

Time for breakfast. Rise 'n' Roll donuts. YUM!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 am

We had a breeze yesterday and could actually see blue skies...first time in weeks...but smoke returned and my head is throbbing as my allergy meds just isnt cutting it. Ughie. Most everyone is in same boat. More people staying inside businesses are suffering. Never wished for early winter but let it snow and put at least some of the fires out.

Trudy and George..happy anniversary...30 years you are just getting each other broken in!

My cousins are trying to salvage their homes...mold is a problem now...but still have water standing in yards and in basements.crappy stuff happening. Hard to see the pictures.

I made chicken pot pie with dumplings in the crockpot...it was so good. ClappingHands

Have a great day...do something fun!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:35 am

TRUDY:
 Happy 30th Anniversary, Trudy and George!!
Did you have cake?  Very Happy   I sure hope your rain slows down soon.  

CB:
 wow.  I can't believe anyone can breathe out where you are.  I would have to leave the state.
Chicken and dumplings sound great!

ELLEN:
 What fun you have!  Your retirement sounds like a blast!   I can't believe it, but we are gearing up for Donnie's retirement.  Tomorrow we are going to a seminar at our insurance agent's about medical stuff in our future.  Donnie retires in one year and 5 days....or maybe 6 days....His birthday is this coming Friday.  I have to get a cake.

GRAYMARE:
 Spectacular photography in that video you posted!

I have been dehydrating apples all week.  Jars and jars of dried apples.  The tree is in a good mood this year.  I am going to make applesauce tomorrow.  These apples are very tart and sweet.  Drool

I rode Ivan at Pandapas Pond today.   Ivan was great.  Horseflies seem to prefer the brown horses, so Ivan got off easy.  We were riding with three brown horses.   Other than battling horseflies, the only problem we encountered was a speeding bike that came around a blind curve and he nearly couldn't stop in time.  His bike's brakes were squealing.  The front horse, named Zip, had a near heart attack, whirled and ran into me on Ivan and Lori on Tonto.  It could have been a pretty bad incident, but Tonto and Ivan didn't react like Zip did and when the bike's noisy brakes stopped, so did they.  The bike rider was fairly embarrassed to cause all the trouble.  I suspect he will be more careful in the future.  He said the only reason he stopped in time was that he saw the bright orange t-shirt I was wearing.  I may wear that more often.  We got back to the trailers with no further problems (except horseflies), and found 35 kids on bikes gearing up to go onto the trails.  whew.  Good timing. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:45 am

Hooray, Trudy! Happy Anniversary!!!! Wishing you many many more.

Ark, looks like you had a good ride. Just think how boring your rides would be if they all went perfectly with no excitement at all. You'd have nothing to talk about. Very Happy

This morning, I tried an apple tart on puff pastry. YUM! Made a terrible mess on my sheet cake pan that I only hope I can get off. Brown sugar seems to like to burn right on.

Cousin and her neighbor will be leaving today. We've had a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:17 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TRUDY & GEORGE!!! May you have many more.

Sounds like everyone had a great week end. We had great time at our community potluck and out for dinner for salmon one night. Busy busy.

CB, hope the air has cleared out there...................

Nice pic ARK........glad Donnie will retire soon. You'll love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:33 am

Nope...still breathing smoke here....i was so sick yesterday...sinuses draining...coughing...headache...finally with a breeze went out at 8 and talked to some of neighbors. Everyone is staying inside a lot. Grey and smoky this mirning again...ugh. I guess its worse other places so i shouldnt complain. If it werent for his appts we would be out of here for sure.
One more month to go. Both of us have sore throats and hacking...but we wake up every morning so thats a plus! sunny Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:22 am

We had a glitch yesterday of some sort. I couldn't get to the forum..............
we had rain here and power outages so that might have been it.

Anyhow, hi everybody.................

God bless, have a great day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:22 am

Smoke is heavy this morning...wish we could go...but have to get his appts done. Have smokers cough...but dont smoke. Sneezing...old ladies shouldnt sneeze for more reasons than one....if you catch my drift.....coughing...sinuses tap dancing across face....and we are outer edge....i pity those right in the main areas...and animals too. Even our bulldogs are coughing....

Cant wait to go....sept 22 or 23 should see us on the road...if he stays for all appts....another month of this...someone send me some "you will get thru this..vibes"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:24 am

Tia.

Has anyone bought anything from Wish? I did and im still waiting for my order.

Cant even see the sun here...but good morning all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:46 am

I have never heard of Wish, CB. What kinds of things do they sell?

This morning is the first morning that looks like fall. It's clear and bright, with a fairly strong wind, and only 65°. I'm glad to have a non-rainy day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:19 pm

Ellen..jewelry..clothing...shoes...good prices but dont know quality yet...just read reviews...seemed ti be good. Kids say they got stuff and was ok...so i tried it. If i get my order will let u know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Last evening, this site would not open, so I was a little concerned. Happily, this morning, all was well.

CB, I checked out that Wish site, but it wanted me to sign up before it would let me browse, so I didn't go ahead and look. I seem to find enough stuff to spend my money on, so it's probably a good thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Just heard on the news CB, that the air quality in Seattle is worse than Beiging
due to the fires .................buy some masks at Wally to protect yourselves.
It's sounding awful. I know you will get through this but masks will help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:32 am

Wow. The smoke sounds terrible. Just a little woodstove smoke will send me off coughing. I can't imagine what the folks out west are doing to keep from dying of it.

I never heard of the Wish company either. Let us know how it works out for you, CB.

I gave blood today. Sure wish that got less painful. They got a pint from me despite my uncooperative veins.

Donnie is trying to get our lower hayfield mowed, but discovered the PTO isn't working on the tractor. He's worked all afternoon running down the problem and thinks it is some kind of switch. He is going to make a dash to John Deere tomorrow morning to get the part. We have until Sunday afternoon, the more rain is predicted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Now, as if Hawaii doesn't have enough problems, it's flooding
out.

Holy cow.

I hope, ARK, Donnie gets your hay cut before it rains. I hope your air is clearing, CB.
AZ has monsoons now with a lot of flooding and lightening and winds. So far,
no damage at my house. It is raining every afternoon here in the mountains.
Game day this afternoon and then out to eat.

Oh, vacuuming this morning................... affraid

Bye, God bless.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Wish has a lot of good buys... But still havnt g otten my order...will let yas know.

Breezy this morning...nit as smoky right here...but skues are grey and you know sun is there jusy cant see it.

Got one of those flat antennae things and get 22 channels...i can live with it.

Harry got 2 more
appts yesterday added to his list....oh well....lemons make great lemonade...cant do anything about it.

Yardsaling saturday and cookout at kids house...then its watch tv...movies...ride bikes...walk dogs until next appt....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Ark, did the tractor get fixed? There is rain south of here that might eventually get to you.

This morning, there was a huge green rain blob on the weather map, heading this way. But, the closer it got, the more it fizzled out. We didn't get a drop. Yet. Probably later tonight.

I took a good ride on the jet ski today. It was just a little chilly to be doing about 50mph with the air temperature only being about 70°. The weekend is going to be hot again. This is the time of year when we get cool days and some really hot ones.

Most schools around here have started, so the lake is pretty quiet during the week. There will be a little more activity for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:24 am

The rain has finally subsided and we are supposed to be dry until next Friday.  One can only hope.  Everyone is mowing like crazy trying to get the grass down to manageable levels.

Had our little ladies church group picnic on Weds and The Good Lord was with us, no rain until we started to pack up to head for home and then He showed us one of his miracles a beautiful rainbow.  What a great picnic we had, played games, ate great food and a wonderful pineapple upside down cake (my favorite).  None of the trouble maker ladies showed up.  YEAH

Had my drivers license photo taken on Friday, what a pain in the butt that is, they are only open 2 days a week, I was number 2 in line at 8:20 AM and the line was growing quickly.

GRAYMARE:  I'll come down and run the vacuum for ya.  That's my favorite part of house cleaning, love to vacuum.  I have 6 vacuums, one for each job.  2 Sharks that I really LOVE, they do sweep up the dog hair.  My son always said that I run the vacuum when I am mad and I talk to myself while I am vacuuming, rather than start a fight with anyone I vacuum.  ROFL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:55 pm

I posted this yesterday or so i thought....

Happy birthday Donnie and moooooony moooooore!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   

Back to top Go down

August 2018
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next