Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 2018

Go down 
+4
Donna
NancyLee
Ellen E
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
cb

August 2018 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 12:55 pm

I posted this yesterday or so i thought....

Happy birthday Donnie and moooooony moooooore!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 9:22 pm

TRUDY, this trailer is small, nothing to vacuuming. I'm always thrilled
when I get finished though, cuz it looks so nice...............even down
at home. Thanks for your offer. Maybe next week. LOL

Happy Birthday Donnie.............I don't know when it is but I hope
it's happy! I hope your hay gets finished before the rain.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Thanks, CB and GRAYMARE:
 Donnie has had a busy birthday weekend, and the end isn't quite in sight.  He has the lower field ready to bale and as soon as that starts, my day will get busier loading the hay into the barn.   No rain so far, we had a frightening sprinkle this morning, but it passed on by without doing any damage to the hay.   I haven't heard Donnie's prediction on how many bales he thinks we will get, but according to the photo he just sent me, it should be at least twice what we got there in May.  

August 2018 - Page 4 Donnie13

Photo hot off the i-phone.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 9:15 pm

That looks like it's going to be a nice field of hay.

Trudy, I had to have a new drivers license picture taken last November. Oh my gosh! That was terrible.

Hot and humid is back... for three days. It was a good day to get some embroidery done. I have three projects to get done in the next three weeks. If all goes well, one will be done tomorrow, the second and third will be done by the end of the week.

The lake was busy today, but as usual, everything came to a halt about 4:00. That's about the time the weekenders pack up to go home.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 7:24 am

Happy belated birthday Donnie.  Hope it was a great day.

The rain has stopped for a couple of days.  Now it's hotter than hell and the bugs are terrible, I look like I'm going north to Alaska when I walk Ace or feed the cats.  Only my face is exposed and still they managed to bite me.  Under my chin and on my eye brow.  GEESSHHHHH

The Hawaii team won the Little League Championship yesterday.  Good for them.  People were telling me what a great bunch of kids they are, so polite and supportive of each other and those around them.

GRAYMARE:  I love to run the vacuum.  I even sweep Ace and the cats.  Funny but my crazy animals loved to have the sweeper run on them.  I'll be over next week, keep the vacuum ready for me.

ELLEN:  My drivers license photo isn't too awful, I've had much worse over the years.

Off to the dentist this morning to have the place where I had the surgery last year checked out.  I'm sure it's fine, never had a problem with it but the dentist needs to inspect his work. 
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Nice looking hay.

Trudy...dentist had to make house payment ya know...lol

Taking our vamper back to get leak repaired once again....third time now....getting old. I want something else....wahhhhh. You cant have a black tank leaking it stinks and ur neighbors hate you...and parks can ask you to leave. Not good. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Skies still grey...smoky...my voice comes and goes...allergies.

H has apptts every day this week. For va stuff. Heart related. I am hopi g he will be all clear by middle of sept so we can head south. Snow here in the mts north of us.
Heard pikes peak in colorado had snow last week. Its coming.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 1:03 pm

I wish we could send some of our extra water to the west to help with the fires. Even though it hasn't rained for two days, the water level is up about 15 inches. It is not quite to flood stage, but the docks are about to start sprouting buckets filled with water to keep them from floating. If the level doesn't start to drop, it will be a bad weekend for boaters on the last summer holiday. The DNR will restrict boating to no wake no wash. I'm going to tie the jet ski to the lift so it doesn't decide to go for a stroll by itself.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2018 11:15 pm

Well the hay is in the hayloft. Donnie and I are happy with the quality of the hay, but exhausted. We did all the work ourselves. Now I have to get in some hay from other folks and finish storing it for winter. I don't want to be caught short in late winter.

Did you hear what The Farmer's Almanac said? They said we are in store for a long, snowy winter, well into spring. Another late spring, which will cause the hay to grow late again. Whoopee.

I had a lesson on Ivan with Lori this evening. Ivan was slow getting started, but his energy came up as the shade and temps improved. It was really hot. Lori rode Areion, but we discovered Areion is still having some limping problems while under saddle. I bet she is going to have to have shoes. Her feet just seem too tender for barefoot. I didn't ride Areion since we didn't want to trot on her.

It was 91 degrees today with lots of humidity. I was swimming inside my clothes. We gave Ivan, Areion and Daisy baths after our lesson to cool them off. Even Daisy, who just stood around was sweaty.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Whew! Relief from the heat! Comfortable day, and cooler night.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Today was John McCain's funeral.............we lost an honorable man, for sure.
The funeral service was really lovely. It made me proud for Arizona.

Now two more to go..............
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2018 6:51 am

It's cooler here too.  WHEW those above 90 with 90% humidity were killer days.   It's raining today but even though it seems funny to say after all the rain we had, we need a little rain.

Not much going on this week, a week of down time.  I finished scrubbing my kitchen floor yesterday.  I'm getting too told be down there on my hands and knees.  I have to do it in steps and take a day or two off in between.  This getting old & doing house work is hard work.

My dentist appointment went well.  All is good with my teeth.  I turned that into a shopping day, stopped at Staples for printer ink and copy paper and Kohl's for a new pair of Sketchers.  Love those sneakers, got them on sale too with a 20% off coupon & a $5 off reward.

Making a dinner today for one of our Pastors whose wife had serious surgery and can't cook.  He has been paralyzed since his neck surgery went awry and do a thing either.  What a nightmare for them.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 3:58 pm

I just watched Senator McCain's funeral. Wow. It was really nice. It was nice to see all the people who were honoring him....

Time to change the calendar here. Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t84-september-2018#10854 or click on "Basket", then click on "September 2018".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 2018
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4