Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

September 2018

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:17 am

ELLEN:
It is expensive to board horses. I know I wouldn't have any if I had to depend upon boarding.

ROSE:
Oh, good. I am glad to hear the dog and his family are okay.

Our cat, ThunderPuff, has started getting mats for the first time this year. They are on his legs near his tail. I think he has gotten so big and his hair is so long there that he simply can't keep it from matting. So I use scissors meant for cutting hair to slip under the mats and cut them off. I have to wait until there is a little regrowth of new hair or the scissors won't go under the mat. Cutting his skin would be very easy and the end of ever being able to cut his hair again. I have to catch him in a mellow mood to do it.

I used to have three Angora rabbits whose hair was extremely fine and easily matted. I had a lot of practice cutting mats off of them. I once cut the skin of the white rabbit, whose name was Strawberry Cottonfuzz, and nearly threw up. The rabbit didn't flinch, but I sure did. I was extremely careful about cutting him after that. The other two rabbits were grey and were easier to see where the hare ended and the hair began. Their names were Blackberry Thistledown and Walter Cronkite. When I got those rabbits, I was told they would live three or four years. Strawberry was the last to die at nine years old. Cutting their hair got really old. No more rabbits for me, although they were extremely sweet little guys.

It's going to rain most of the day here tomorrow, Wednesday. It's always so much more fun to clean the barn and lot when it's raining..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:45 am

On the road again....finally. Got a new black tank for rv. Hope that fixes the problem. The guy forgot to hook water line vack to toilet tho and when i turned water pump on water went everywhere....before i could get back around to turn pump off i had water an inch seep everywhere....used every bath towel i had to soak it up which is 10 towels and a blanket....grrrrr was i pissed. Then when he closed the one slide he shut it on Top of my bathroom garbage can and it crushed it and one of the slide cables popped off. He didnt put the small can back into the bathroom he took it out of. What is wrong with people. Im waiting for the tank to fall off going down the hiway and poop everywhere. 3 times to fix same problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rose

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:23 am

Thank you friends, it appears I will have to catch the Midget when she's in a calmer mood and proceed with scissors and/or clippers. Say a little prayer that she doesn't try to kill me.
It seems the flooding might ease in the next couple days. It's still horrible and the Waccamaw River won't crest till tonight sometime; which is going to devastate Conway and Georgetown and all little communities around there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Praying the river doesn't crest too high............Also, glad the lab got home.
I'm worried many did not in the storms............I'm sure it's a total disaster.
I gave what I can and will do more as time passes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:38 pm

Praying the river doesn't crest too high............Also, glad the lab got home.
I'm worried many did not in the storms............I'm sure it's a total disaster.
I gave what I can and will do more as time passes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:38 pm

oops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:02 pm

Well, looks like a no shout out................

Guess everybody is under water. Hope not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:41 pm

This afternoon I spent a few hours with Pirkko while her husband went to a doctor's appointment in Ft. Wayne. She is making very slow improvement. She can stand and walk, with somebody spotting to make sure she doesn't fall. There is feeling in her right arm and hand, but no movement in her hand. She can raise her arm.

Travis and I pulled the neighbors' boat out for the winter. We'll do both the jet skis sometime this weekend. Then, all he will have of his own stuff is the pontoon. We won't take that out for a few more weeks yet. He and his family like to go for rides on any nice days.

Not too much else going on around here right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:26 am

Hello everyone.  I have survived a week from hell.  First a lady at church (who I do not know) came up to me and said "Satan has been whispering in my ear that you are angry with me".  Evil or Very Mad WHAT?????  Then she wanted to hug me, I was looking at her hands to see if she had a knife in case he whispers "stab her now".  Evil or Very Mad Very unsettling. Monday I ran into my daughters ex in the feed store and he started crying and saying "I'm sorry" over and over and hugging me. Tuesday at Bible study one of the ladies fell and fractured her shoulder, we had to call 911 and she spent 2 days in the hospital.  Thursday I had a dentist appointment OUCH, today I meet with Pastor Erik to talk about the "Satan" episode and tomorrow I have to attend a funeral service for the past commander of our MOPH chapter.

One bright spot, I went to Grandparents day with little Bailee (my son's girlfriend's, a 5 year old), her grandparents don't live around here so I went and surprised her.  She thought she would be the only kid without a grandparent at the big day.  She was so surprised to see me.  Something funny happened, she very loudly announced as we were coloring at a table with other kids and grandparents that "I remember when you took me in the woods and showed me that dead raccoon."  ROFL   The look on the adults faces was horror.  Laughing

That's been my crazy week.   
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:34 am

Trudy, you and George need to go out for a very nice dinner tonight as a reward for surviving a weird week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:04 pm

TRUDY:
Wow. I think I would keep an eye on that lady who has Satan whispering in her ear... affraid That is very strange. pale I wonder if she has said similar things to other people or has she (and Satan) just targeted you?? Yikes. You really did have a weird week. Big hug for you! (No knife in my hand...Wink )hug

ELLEN:
I am so glad to hear that Pirkko is doing pretty well. Slow improvement is still improvement. Big hugs for her.... hug Hard to believe that it is time to pull the docks out of your lake already. Where did summer go?

We met two sets of neighbors yesterday evening. Both have houses on the road that runs behind our property. One of them invited us all to her father's 88th birthday for cake and ice cream. The other couple were interesting. She was from Australia and has horses and her husband is from Britain. Lovely accents! Unfortunately she has MS and her riding horse died last year. She has a younger horse that she says is kind of wired all the time. I invited her over to meet Lori and our horses today, but they didn't come. Lori might be able to help that horse. Anyway, we liked all the neighbors on that road.

I had a last lesson on Ivan today before Lori goes to Richmond, VA on Sunday to work on the movie, Harriet Tubman. We put boots on Areion and Lori rode her. Areion was more mellow than Ivan, despite not having been ridden in weeks. She didn't limp with her boots on. We are taking her and Daisy to have their feet evaluated and trimmed next Friday. Lori will be back a week or two before Christmas if all goes well.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:05 pm

TRUDY, you're safe with God....................hope your week is better.

hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:17 am

Summer has decided to stick around a bit longer this year. There were lots of boats and pontoons out enjoying a beautiful Sunday afternoon. There were a few people even swimming. This morning is a bit foggy, but it will warm up as the day goes on. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 am

We are having a dry week, finally. Donnie has cut the hay in our upper field, Saturday, and is busy fluffing it up to get it dry in the cooler weather. That will take up the week. It will probably be Wednesday before it is baled and stored in the barn.

It's time to change the calendar...already. Can you believe October is here? Go to:

http://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t85-october-2018

or click on "Basket" and go to "October 2018".

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September 2018   

Back to top Go down

September 2018
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4