Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

October 2018

Go down 
+5
cb
Rick Angell
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Beech

October 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 8:09 pm

I'm still here!
And fine.
And guess what's got me poking in?
Baseball!!

GM, I was faithfully watching my beloved and extraordinary Red Sox in that third game when the power went off -- in the 5th inning, I think it was, which was about 10pm here. Our lights flickered only briefly, but enough to disconnect me from my live-TV provider. (That's YouTubeTV, ARK, which you helped steer me to, and, up to now, I've absolutely LOVED it.) Oh boy, was I some distressed -- because, though I tried and tried, I absolutely could not reconnect. For HOURS I stubbornly tried, long after, I thought, there was any chance of seeing the rest of that game. At 3am, I thought, well I'll just look up the final score on the computer... and I couldn't believe my eyes: they were still playing!! 15th inning! So then I watched the last three innings unroll, agonizingly slowly and blandly, in print, on the computer: "Strike...Ball..." I went to bed only when it was over, at 4am.

Next day (THAT day, actually!!) I called Samsung, and they responded promptly and kindly, walking me through what proved to be the same procedure I'd gone through the night before, with the same results: dead end. Samsung then gave up and gave me the Google phone number (Google owns YouTube TV) which only yielded a recording directing me to their on-line printed "support" instructions. Yuk. I finally did succeed -- but don't ask me how, cause I don't really know!

So I got to watch last night's game and whoopeee!

Fifth game starts in an hour

Power went off, I think, because of winds, but I don't know for sure. We had our first frost just a few days ago, and the slightest bit of spitting snow yesterday morning.

ELLEN --About Jamie: A 71-year-old friend here saw about 5 different medical practitioners, including an ER MD, before being properly diagnosed with anaplasmosis, which is one of the tick-borne diseases. And that happened only after I did a lot of research and went with her, prepared and mouthy, to last the ER doctor. I don't advocate claiming to know more than the doctor, but all the research currently available online can help, and it most definitely did in that instance.

Well, here's one reason I don't post often: I run on at the mouth!

I love you all and still enjoy reading about all your doings.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 9:04 pm

I'm still for Boston, Beech...............Hope they can cinch it tonight. That said, that 7 hr game was a great fight.
Wow, it seemed to a delusion..............no body goes 18 innings. I kept thinking "come on guys, finish up, I'm tired".
LOL. Like I should be tired. Anyhow, Beech, it's a funny memory. Good to see you back and glad you're fine.
GO Red Sox!!!

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 28, 2018 11:13 pm

Beech, it's always good to see you posting.
I sure understand about having a hard time with getting computer things done. For the last 12 years, I have had internet and a wireless router. The router has been unsecured all this time with no problems. There are several around here who have secured systems. I wasn't worried at all. However, this past month, somebody has discovered my unsecured system and have probably been watching lots of movies. That caused my data usage to go over 400GB, contrasted with the usual 130GB. So, I decided I'd better set a password to keep unwanted users out. I have fiddled with it for hours and still haven't been able to get it done. I won't give up, but it is really frustrating.
I THINK I know who is "stealing" my data, but can't prove it. I just want to block them.

I am going to make a strong suggestion that Jamie ask to be tested for Lyme disease. I've heard of several instances where they wouldn't/couldn't/didn't check for that until after everything else was ruled out, only to find out that was the problem. NASCAR race driver, Trevor Bayne was diagnosed with MS, until finally somebody checked for Lyme. He's been fine since they treated him. Still driving.
Our own Liz Barnes' son-in-law wasn't diagnosed correctly for several years, until it was too late to reverse the effects. (Her birthday would have been a couple of days ago.)

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 10:41 am

Beech and Graymare should be very happy this morning.  Smile  There will be a parade in Boston!

By the way, Jamie was tested for Lyme disease and the results were negative. She is doing better today. Not well, but better.
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 7:13 pm

Yes, yes, ELLEN, I'm happy! And I'm hoping GM is, too. Wonderful to think that Red Sox Nation extends away out to AZ. Indeed, I was stunned at the number of Red Sox fans in LA for that game. Those guys (the players, not the fans) deserved applause. I will miss them now.

On "Lyme Disease:" If they were once seriously considering that, I'd still do the research and ask the doctors if they've considered all the other tick-borne diseases, e.g., in addition to L.D., anaplasmosis, ehrlichiosis, babesiosis, Rocky Mt spotted fever, and more, with more still emerging. The list is now long, and doctors can be forgiven if they can't keep up. The CDC's web site would be one place to start. Of course, if Jamie's getting better on her own ..... HOORAY!

A raw, rainy day here today, with the sun coming out from behind clouds just before earth turned her back on it, here, again. Was going to go grocery shopping but decided to loaf instead by the fire. Excuses end tomorrow, I guess.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Remember, Beech, I lived in RI for 10 yrs and loved going to Red Sox games..................Because they played in
the series, I was rooting for them.

ELLEN, hope you got a password for your router. Also, hope Jamie is doing better...........
viral meningitis hopefully will take it's course. Keep us posted.

Boy we had a beautiful pleasant day today.

Everyone have a good evening...............God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 8:18 pm

I helped Travis load up a boat this evening. He was telling me that Jamie isn't well yet, but is gradually making progress. Her goal is to go back to work on Friday evening. We'll see. She has an appointment with her doctor on Thursday.

Our leaves are at peak color now. One good frost will see a lot more of them on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 12:09 am

ELLEN:
Poor Jamie. I hope she gets well soon. I have heard that the tests for Lyme disease don't always tell the truth, false negatives. She could still have it.

I got bit by a tick several years ago that developed a 'bullseye'. So the doctor prescribed Doxycycline antibiotic to me to prevent Lymes disease. What she didn't tell me was that it would make me very sensitive to sunlight. So off I went to Tennessee with Ivan to an ACTHA ride while still taking the antibiotic. It was in the spring, so I was wearing long sleeves, but my hands were exposed to the sunlight. I got badly burned, blisters and lots of pain. I could feel them burning before I got back in from the 7 mile ride. So if Jamie is taking that, please tell her to cover up!

BEECH:
What luck that the ballgame waited for you to get your connection back to finish up!! wavy We have occasional problems with our tv connection when the weather is bad or the internet is down. Otherwise, we have been pretty happy with it. Very Happy I am glad your team won! ClappingHands

It looks like Halloween is going to have nice weather here, about 70 during the daytime. The kids should be happy! I always hated having to wear anything over the costume I had worked on. We never get any trick or treaters here, we aren't near enough houses to make it worth their while. So we buy candy we like and then eat it ourselves... Drool It's a good excuse to buy candy!

Donnie and I have just started watching the first season of Downton Abbey. We are slow about jumping on the latest tv fads Laughing . We were given a set of 6 seasons for Christmas a couple of years ago and it just made it to the top of the watching list. So far we have enjoyed it! We are trying to reduce how much we watch news on weekends, so a new series to watch will help. I can see why so many people liked it. What we are really waiting for is the final season of Game of Thrones......

I recently finished a book that I bet you all would enjoy. It is called "Lady Long Rider" by Bernice Ende and is about her trips across America by horseback, by herself, her horses and her dog. She mostly rides in the West, but crossed from coast to coast and back again, too. She has some interesting times and is quite a character and is no spring chicken. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 1:22 pm

Jamie is doing better today. Still feeling some after-effects of whatever she had, but is improving nicely now. She is ready to eat some Rice Krispie treats now. Drool

After about 70 years of doing the nasty chip and seal on my road, it appears they are about to pave it for the very first time. The patches have patches. There isn't even a 10 foot stretch of road without a patch. They've been doing all the prep work for most of the last week. I haven't seen the paving machine yet, so I'm not going to celebrate until I see it going past my house laying down asphalt.
It's been rougher than most dirt roads.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 7:14 pm

Happy Halloween!!

October 2018 - Page 5 Hallow12

Hopefully you will get all treats and no tricks! affraid alien affraid

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2018 10:27 pm

I had three little trick or treaters this evening, aged 7, 4, and 1. They were wound up tighter than an eight day clock. ROFL They had a great time and I'm sure with either be up all night, or will crash in 5 seconds when they go to bed. Based on my 34 years of teaching experience, tomorrow at school will be very quiet. They will have crashed and be very tired. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2018 12:18 pm

Time to change the calendar! Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t86-november-2018#11053

or click on "Basket" and then "November 2018"

See you there!

ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October 2018   October 2018 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

October 2018
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5