Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

November 2018

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: November 2018   Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:17 pm

November 2018

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Happy November! And remember: the Christmas noose is tightening... santa

The above photo was just something pretty to look at. The horse, of course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi.........no trick or treaters last night. There was a church party down a ways, over by 8:30P.

So. All is well. Horses are fine. Our weather cooled off some more last night, 48 this morning.
It's going to be about 75 today.

Cleaning...................need I say more?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Cool photo, Ark. Smile

I am sitting here enjoying the benefit of trick or treating. My neighbor made some caramel corn, more than needed for kids. I usually don't like it, but the stuff he makes is GOOD! Freshly popped corn, and homemade caramel.

It has rained ALLLL day. They were supposed to pave the road today. Yeah. Right. Paving this road has been put off for nearly 70 years. I won't believe it will done until I see the asphalt on the road.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:59 pm

No trick or treaters here either, which is good since we forgot to buy any candy to give out.  They would have had to be given Ivan's candy corn.  He wouldn't have appreciated that much.

I finally got a little ride in yesterday on Ivan!  I hadn't ridden since Lori went off to work on a movie set, a month.  Ivan never forgets anything, he was good.   I tried on a Neon Yellow hip cover on him, one made for trying not to be shot during hunting season.  Ivan wasn't too thrilled about it, but got over it pretty fast.   I took it off before I rode since the wind was howling and I didn't want any unexpected dismounts while no one else was home.  Then my dear neighbor (who climbed on her roof and shook a big tarp while I was trying to have a lesson once) decided to mow the walnuts to death in her yard.  She kept slinging walnuts at her outbuildings that would hit like gunshots.  Ivan took that fairly well.  I bet she wonders why her mower doesn't work half the time.  Rolling Eyes   Anyway,  Ivan did well and we are ready for the trail ride we are hopefully going on this Saturday....if the creek doesn't rise, etc., etc.....  

ELLEN:
 When we lived at our old place, the road was bumpy and pothole laden, so cars crept down it.  Then they fixed it up really nice, widened it and smoothed it out.  It became a raceway.  I missed the old bumpy road.  Good luck with your road!! Hopefully the traffic won't get worse.

We are going to have rain tomorrow all day (Friday), but the past couple of days have been really nice and warm.  It was sunny and 70 yesterday, today it is cloudy and very windy, but still almost 70.   I painted my soon to be tack closet all white and now can add some colors to it.  It's about 3x3x6 feet and too big to bring into the house, so I have to work on it on dry and fairly warm days.  I look forward to having it in the barn!  I am going to paint the door with some kind of design, but the rest of it will be plain. I look forward to getting it off my porch.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:08 pm

Ark, I have thought about speed increasing with a smoother road. Thankfully, there aren't any little kids around to be in the road at the wrong time. Although, there are lots of people who walk for exercise. This lake area doesn't have straight roads, so there isn't much time to build up a head of steam. There was one rude guy who thought it was great fun to ride his quad at top speed past here, but I think he might have moved. Haven't seen him in more than a year. Everybody who lives here are more reasonable.
It isn't supposed to rain tomorrow, but I'm not sure it's going to be warm enough to lay asphalt. The high will only be about 40°.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:02 am

Happy November.  Can ya believe it is November?

No kids trick or treating here either.  All the local kids are grown up, we are a neighborhood of senior citizens or nearly senior citizens.  Had about 1,000 kids at church trunk or treat.  Fun time.

ELLEN:  When they "fixed" our road it turned into the Daytona 500.  The road is once again in bad shape but it hasn't slowed the idiots down.  They beat the carp outta their cars flying down the washboard that used to be a nice road.

I finally finished scrubbing the mold off the front porch.  WHEW what a mess that was.  We never have had mold on the house until this wet nasty year.  I had to use Greased Lightening to kill the mold.  It was close to 70 degrees with NO wind or rain.  People were walking their dogs and riding bikes past the house yesterday.  I tried to get them to change places with me but no takers.  ROFL

Veterans Day parade tomorrow.  The truck is washed looking good and ready to go to the parade.  Today we are putting up the Veterans Day display at church.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:54 pm

They actually did it! They actually paved our road this morning! Even if it does cause people to go faster, I will be so glad to not have to dodge potholes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:34 pm

Well, the talk around here is daylight savings time. So, how many of you want to stay on in all year long?
I would think all of you, but just wondering. We, here in AZ don't go on it except for one county up on the Rez
bordering Utah. Interesting debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:00 am

Until just a few years ago, Indiana stayed on one time for the whole year. Then, the powers that be decided we needed to be on New York time. That means that for a lot of the year we are on the FAR west side of the time zone that makes no sense, and we are on sort of a double daylight time. By location, we should be in the Central zone, rather than Eastern.
I think that changing the clocks twice a year is kind of a silly thing to do. Obviously, I am one of few who thinks that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:29 am

The fall daylight saving time day is my least favorite day of the year. I really dislike it. I wish we would stay on whatever it is right now. One kind of good thing is that the change is later in the year now than it used to be and the change back is earlier than it used to be. It feels like summer has arrived, no matter what the temps, when daylight saving time changes in the spring to give us an hour of daylight longer in the afternoons. I am an afternoon person. Stealing my daylight in the afternoon is cruel and unusual punishment.

CB:
Could you send me Dawn's address? I would like to send her a card. For those not on FaceBook, her roommate who she lived with for 18 years has died. Very sad for her....

I am taking Ivan to Pandapas Pond for a 5 mile trail ride tomorrow. It is going to be muddy, it rained quite a bit this afternoon. We are going with Ivan's friend, Noble, who he loves. Noble is a 28 year old TB and mostly just walks. Noble has one eye, a very nervous rider, and doesn't spook. A good ol' horse.

Donnie trimmed Ivan's feet this week and we are ready to go somewhere! Ivan was very good in the arena when I rode him a couple of days ago, he should be fine.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:54 pm

This is my personal data from 4 friends in the east.......they all want to stay on daylight savings.
They all have horses and barns...............
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:12 am

I don't know who makes the decisions on Daylight saving time.  Obviously, not horse people.   It takes me months to change all my clocks and watches.  Then it changes again. Rolling Eyes

Ivan was very good on our ride yesterday at Pandapas Pond.  No spooks, no issues.  It was a very pretty day, but also very chilly and windy.  We went anyway.   I grabbed my most un-photogenic, ratty sweatshirt as I was running out the door, thinking it was going to warm up.  It didn't.  I didn't freeze, but didn't win any beauty contests.... Laughing

Back to top Go down
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:27 am

Sorry i dint have her address since she has moved. Ill try to get it tho.
No trick or treaters in the rv park either. Most are retired that reside here.
Hate it gets dark so early....ugh.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:35 am

Dawn emerson
395 cherry road
Hayesville nc 28904

She will be having hard times without kent and his disability check. Im not sure what her plans are at this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:52 am

I always thought some of the fall rides were the best ever. The weather was cool, the horses crunched over dry leaves, and with less foliage, you could see farther through the trees. It looks like yours was a super nice ride.

I'm sorry to hear about Dawn's roommate. I hope she'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:54 pm

Ditto...........so sorry to read about Dawn's roommate.....I wish her the best.

God bless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:34 pm

I don't know about you guys, but VOTE and then shut up about it. I'm so sick of our country
bickering and arguing, I'll be relieved when it's over. United we stand, divided we fall. We're in BIG trouble.

Remember when we were God fearing Americans and were respectful to one another?

I tried to think "what happened and what is the root of our problems?"................
Holy jamole I just cried.....................

God bless America!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:57 pm

I really sick and tired of all the ads. Both sides have put out some truly atrocious ones. Somewhere along the way, the idea of accepting a fair loss, has gotten lost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:57 am

Howdy all! Just checking in. Have been riding different horses lately. Still riding Ruby but no longer part boarding her. I am able to go with my girlfriend to ride there by the hour, which enables Marianne to go with me a couple times a month. Meanwhile I have managed to get a part board in the area where I used to ride George. Gorgeous terrain and lots of miles of trails. The horse there is an aged Rocky Mountain gelding who is quite a nice horse. The boarding stable is well run and owned by a woman who I rode with occasionally back about 30 years ago. She was good enough to offer Pekoe to me. I am so grateful to be able to get back into riding again and get back into the hills and forest where I can breathe again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:01 am

I want to wish the best for the future for America and hope that everyone can work together to make a healthy happy life for all. Much love from your Canadian friend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Thanks, Nancy for your kind comment. I am ONE American who wishes to reciprocate that sentiment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:11 pm

Last edited by NancyLee on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Oops! That was supposed to be a smiley
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Nancy, I'm so glad you have found a good place to ride. "The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man/woman."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   

Back to top Go down

November 2018
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next