Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

November 2018

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Nancy, I'm so glad you have found a good place to ride. "The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man/woman."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:22 pm

So good to have you pop in Nancy................please visit more often and tell us your horse stories........

hug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Thanks friends! I have to say, I was riding with tears of gratitude yesterday, being back in the hills where George and I started out together. Many good memories and more new trails to discover yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:08 am

NANCY LEE:
Hurray! I am so glad to hear you are riding! wavy Pekoe sounds like an interesting guy, is he gaited? Do you like gaited compared to trotting (if he is gaited)? It is nice you are getting out on the trails. It sure makes me feel better when I can do that.

ROSE:
I saw that you were interested in a ride in the Uwharrie National Forest · Troy, NC in April. What is this like? Any info on the type of ride it is? I haven't found any info on it beyond what little was on FaceBook. I think it is on the same day as the Sandhills endurance ride in SC....but not sure. How is your riding life going?

It was a pretty day today, but it looks like rain and cold is coming back on Friday. I don't think I will get to go on a trail ride this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://horsefriends.forumotion.com
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:27 am

Ark, it’s a real shame but his past owner had the gait trained out of him. Apparently sometimes people do this, I can’t imagine why. Such a pity. Would love it if he were gaited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Snow! Not much, but snow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Here too Ellen. Fortunately my little gig tonight is only two blocks away! I could walk if it weren’t for all the equipment. Maybe I should get one of those little wagon/sleds It would solve the parking problem ☺️
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:47 pm

I am trying to figure out how to get a pic of Pekoe from my phone to my avatar. Will follow up when I have time. Have to prep equipment, supper and get dressed up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:43 pm

Dread Ellen.............snow is too soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:13 am

It's only 22° this morning, but it's going to zip right up to 31° later in the day.  yippee

This evening, I'm meeting relatives in Shipshewana for a "Showdeo".  It's a combination rodeo and show.  Should be interesting.  It is an indoor facility.

Several hours later: It was a small time rodeo and show. Mediocre bulls and bull riders. Some decent barrel racers. A good trick roper. Good trick rider. A high rope act with no net. It was a good show and a fun way to spend a Saturday evening.
This was all set up for a little cousin who just turned 6 and LOVES to watch barrel racing. She had been really excited to go. Unfortunately, she got a headache that kept getting worse until she finally unloaded dinner all over seats 14 through 16, her mother, her jacket and hat, and everything near her. That happened just before the barrel racing. She missed all of it. The people around us were so nice and wanted to be helpful. Needless to say, they left early to go back to their motel.
The last word is that she is now fine and is hungry.
Too much excitement can be a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:45 am

ELLEN
Awww, poor little cousin. She must have been very disappointed. Hopefully she will get to go again soon.

NANCY LEE:
I guess you figured it out! Pekoe is very pretty! I have always liked chestnuts. Too bad about his gaitedness being trained out. Gaited horses are very popular around here. Donnie's mare, Daisy, is a TWH, but she is a strong pacer. It is hard to get her into a running walk and keep it very long. I suspect a better trainer than us would have helped. Very Happy She is such a funny mare.

It is going down to 20 degrees tonight. affraid Winter appears to have arrived. It has been cold and windy for a couple of days.

Today was a red letter day, none of the horses, pony or donkey got their grazing muzzles off today! wavy I spend half my time making sure no one is overdosing on grass. I think I have finally figured out how to keep those grazing muzzles on. It involves velcro and manes.... Very Happy I have been tinkering with them since spring. Daisy has lost some weight due to all the walking around with the grazing muzzle instead of standing around eating from a hay net. I hope Areion loses weight, too, with her grazing muzzle. She was the hardest one to figure out how to keep it on, clever mare.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:54 am

Today is Veterans Day.  If you run into a Vet, thank him for the service he or she has provided for our great country.  We are honoring 7 Vets at church today.  The Veterans Day service is always a emotional service. Taking a lot of Kleenex to share with people seated around us.

We had snow flakes on Friday and yesterday.  BRRRRRRR to early, I'm so not ready.  Gotta break out a winter coat I guess.

NANCY LEE:  How wonderful that you are getting to ride and enjoy the trails again.  Have fun for us horseless horse people.

ELLEN:  AWWWWW that is too bad about your little cousin.  I just watched the NBHA Senior rider (over 50) World Show last night on Ride TV.  Some of those horses sure could turn a barrel.  WOW and times in the 14's.
I have to stay away from the real action or I would be bugging George to get another horse.  LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:14 am

Trudy, I don't know the size of a regulation barrel course, but three of the gals last night rides of 14+.  Several others were just barely over 15.  The girl who won was from Maryland.  I thought that was kind of a long way to come for a small rodeo.  Another was from West Virginia, also a long ways.  Others were from Ohio, not very far.  
But, it was a REALLY cold night to have to be out in it.  
Some small ponds froze over.

I spent most of an hour yesterday, thinking about Liz. They were showing combined driving from the World Equestrian Event in Tryon, North Carolina. The announcers would talk about things that I remember Liz saying when she was driving Jeffie. I loved hearing her stories about Jeffie. He should have been a children's book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:12 am

Knocked me iff...wouldnt let me lig in...wont take my posts....why does this site hate me....pffftttt

Happy veterans day!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:27 pm

Keep trying CB, it might be your phone or it could be the connection in your park.

Today is very nice. It was very chilly this morning when I went out to feed. BUT,
not as cold as others. It's now 60,

I cleaned the yard, took the garbage out and was worn out by then. affraid

Everyone have a good day..............God bless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:26 am

CB, I hope you can find a solution for posting here. Are you in an area with weak cell service?

We had a little more snow last night. Not quite enough to cover the ground and it will probably melt off later.
It doesn't seem to bother the heron that just landed on the beach to fish, nor the ducks that are swimming along the shore line. The geese have been practicing their flying formations, and formation landings and take-offs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:29 am

As i travel different places i have problems getting on....changed phones....have great signal here at this park....it wont take my user and password... Says its not correct.....ill try for days on end and then poof it takes it...the exact same ones. I dont know. It use to just happen first of the month and now it can happen anytime. Ive been having problems for couple of years.....my third phone in 4 years....6th or 7th location....probably just me.....but i surely dont know what.
I think we lost some posters becuz of same problems.

Cold snap here this week....brrr.
We had a great dinner for veterans day the park did. They do a lit if activities. Been fun. We have learned how to play new board games and bocce ball and cornhole. There is a ham session on tue and weds nites to listen to. Think i need to go sit in hot tub to thaw out this morning
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:47 am

CB:
Just keep trying. There is nothing I can do about the problem other than give you different passwords and usernames. Nothing. I don't have control over how the signal gets from a device to this website. Most often the problem is just words typed wrong, capitals when there shouldn't be, or not when there should be, not spacing the passwords or username words correctly, or other things I have no idea about. I will give you one thing to try, though:

When you log in, check the box that says " Log in automatically". Then you don't have to retype in your password and username every time. It will log you in without you doing anything. That way you can't mess up the typing. If you still don't get in then, your signal is probably not good and the request to connect to the website is timing out before the connection is made. Then you just have to keep trying until your signal is better.

It is cold, rainy, muddy, messy, awful. Tomorrow will be colder, then tomorrow night we may have an ice storm coming. affraid This will pass, it is going to be sunny and 50 degrees on Saturday when I might be going to Pandapas with Ivan. I hope!
Back to top Go down
cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 am

I will check in as i can. Good service here at this rv park.

Keeping busy. There a couple good jam sessions that are good.

Got all my xmas shopping done for the alaska family. Sending it out tommorrow.

Sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:15 pm

It's cold and going to stay cold for a while. I moved the lawn tractor up to the driveway and covered it for the winter. All the winter prep I need to do is done.
I might get started on putting up my Christmas tree tomorrow. It's a 3 day project. I didn't put it up last year or the year before, so I don't want to go another year without it. I hope the lights still work.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi again. No big news here but T's knee surgery went great. Stayed in the hospital one night, had
two therapy sessions, and home we went.

Horses were waiting as usual, and said hi as we drove into the gate........LOL

Ellen, I hope you have fun with your tree.........it's very pretty when finished. It looks like you have snow today
from looking at the weather map. Have to go exercise........clean stalls, bring some more hay out...........

That's about it for now.....................bye.

God bless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:03 pm

Graymare, it's good to hear that the knee surgery went well and that he is on the recovery road.

It is COLD today, with some snow and freezing rain on the ground that did not melt off at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ark
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:29 am

GRAYMARE:
That's great news about T's knee surgery! Donnie is still taking his time about getting it done, and limping worse all the time. He has been researching different doctors and can't come to a decision. I'll tell him about T's surgery....

ELLEN:
Congrats on getting your winter stuff all done! We still have that second dump truck load of firewood to stack. It will get done, if the weather cooperates soon.

We had an icy/rainy day. We lost power for 3 1/2 hours. I watched the power guys fix the line running across our upper pasture, but I don't know what caused the problem. Those fellows worked in a bucket truck in the icy rain. With all the power outages around the country, I am surprised our problem got fixed so fast.

My sister in N.Ky had her power out for 8 hours and some cousins in Ohio may still have theirs out. It must be a huge storm!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 am

Happy WINTER.  We have SNOW and LOTS of it.  About 8 to 10 inches of the lovely white crap.  It started snowing yesterday around 11 and is still snowing.  YIKES.  Not leaving the farm today.  Made it home from Bible study just in time yesterday.  I ran into the store at 8:15 AM for cookies for the team and it was packed, there was hardly a place to park.  People were buying up all the bread, milk and toilet paper.

My SUV broke down the other day so I was driving the TRUCK.  The precious truck that I never get to drive, of course, I can't park the darn thing it is so large so I took up 2 places and dared anyone to say anything to me.  LOL  I'm an old lady driving a monster truck SO WHAT!!!!!

Ace is turning into a senior citizen doggie, he now HATES the snow, he looked at me this morning and said "what the hell, you want me to go out in that?" I had to use my George voice to get him to go out and he kept trying to turn around come back inside.

GRAYMARE:  Glad T's knee surgery went well.  They say it's a piece of cake nowadays.  I'm still avoiding it at all costs.

ARK:  Glad your power wasn't out too long.  Ours stayed on so far anyway.

ELLEN:  Have fun putting up the tree.  I love putting up the the Christmas decorations.  They make the house so colorful.

Stay safe everyone in the path of the storm...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:48 pm

WOW, big storms in the East, fires in the West, here a normal boring day. We went to physical therapy. Things are fine in AZ. ELLEN, TRUDY, & ARK, did you get a lot of snow today? Hope you're all OK.

Good grief, I have to get in gear, Santa will be coming soon.

God bless..................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:03 pm

WOW, big storms in the East, fires in the West, here a normal boring day. We went to physical therapy. Things are fine in AZ. ELLEN, TRUDY, & ARK, did you get a lot of snow today? Hope you're all OK.

Good grief, I have to get in gear, Santa will be coming soon.

God bless..................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2018   

Back to top Go down

November 2018
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next