Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MARCH 2019

Go down 
+4
Ellen E
Beech
Graymare
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

MARCH 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 11:33 pm

Good to hear from you, CB.

GRAYMARE:
My PT went well. My therapist, Chris, was very good. I go again tomorrow and twice a week for a few weeks. Donnie has to drive me since I can't drive yet. He was handy when I had to put on a pair of shorts and couldn't get my pants off. Laughing Donnie helped me with that.

I have been riding in the back of the lawn tractor trailer to the barn in the evenings. I can load up haynets and mix up horsey feed, reducing the amount of time Donnie has to work. He says it helps. The weather has been pretty nice, no rain since last weekend! When it gets muddy, I won't be able to ride in the trailer.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 11:48 pm

Graymare, we did get some rain today, and strong wind this evening. No flooding rain though. I knew it wouldn't take long for the lake ice to disappear. The last of it was blown away this evening. We now have open water everywhere.
The pier companies are already starting to install docks. The boat lifts will come soon, now that the ice is gone. There are so many docks to install, they start as early as they can to get them done by Memorial Day.
It's good to hear that Mr. and Mrs. Shoulder are getting along okay. By the way, how is Elbows doing? It's been a long time, so I assume it is long since forgotten.

Ark, I'm glad things are going better for you. PT is a good thing, even if inconvenient for a while.

CB, are you going back to Elephant Butte area now?
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 6:56 am

CB: Happy belated birthday wishes.

ELLEN: WOW great sweater, it's beautiful.

ARK: So happy to hear you are getting your horse fix and your therapy is going well.

GRAYMARE: Send us warm weather to PA, we need it.

WOW it's 56 this morning. Spring just might be on it's way. Looking forward to nice long walks with Ace now that the snow is gone and I don't have to wear 20 extra pounds of clothing and boots.

One of our "neighbors" house burnt to the ground last weekend. What a heartbreak and they are snow birds and were in Florida when their house went up in flames.

One of the Barnabas team members is having horrific time in her life, she is 83 and has fallen for the Nigeria scam, sent thousands of dollars to a "serviceman" who is over seas. I ran into her at the bank the other day and she was crying and the teller was trying to explain what was going on with her checking account. Funny how God puts us right where we need to be at a certain time. I called her name and she flew into my arms, got her to a chair and the teller got her a cup of water. So there I was on my knees in the bank holding a crying shaking little old lady. Trying to help her get her account straightened out. What a nightmare for her. Sat a prayer for Loretta and for me to be able to help her get this nightmare outta her life.

Tomorrow we are having a huge servicemen deployment ceremony at the church. Over 500 people are being deployed in 2 services. Today we are going to set up our flags and POWMIA table with hand outs.

George had his second cataract surgery last Tuesday, he is doing great. He can see again. What a blessing!

Nothing boring about my life. It's OK I have Jesus on my side to help weather the storms.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi, I'm trying to get back on the board.............Cox is all screwed up and I can't get on.

So this is a try...............

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 8:27 pm

Gads, I'm here................And, I have no idea how I did it for sure.

TRUDY, so sorry for your friend..............I pray you can help her out of the mess.

ELLEN, Mrs Elbows is fine.............we still razz her though.

Better post this to see if it goes through............

God bless. Prayers for All.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Trudy, I feel so sorry for your friend. Those Nigerians are pretty good at scamming, especially older people. Dr. Phil has had several of them on his show, both women and men. It's really too bad that something significant can't be done about it.
It's good to hear that George's eyes are good. That should improve life for both of you.

Graymare, I'm glad to hear that Elbows is okay. How are Mr. and Mrs. Shoulder getting along?

Today, we had blue water! Smile It's been cloudy and overcast since the ice melted, so the water was gray. It was nice to see blue again. I haven't seen a boat out yet, but I expect to see one anytime now.

Ark, how are you getting along?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 16, 2019 10:58 pm

TRUDY:
I am so sorry about your friend. It was fortunate you knew her and could help her at the bank. It really is terrible that someone who is kind is being ripped off like that.
Congrats to George and his new eyes!! Cool

ELLEN:
I am doing pretty good. I have run out of the pain meds, so now can feel more when I stress my leg too much. Yesterday was one of those days Rolling Eyes . So today I stayed indoors and watched April the Giraffe have her new baby boy. Too cute. I could get into raising giraffes if they weren't 15 feet tall.... Very Happy

Tomorrow I have to go to the grocery with Donnie. Making a list just doesn't do it. I haven't been in 3 weeks and the fridge can sure tell it!

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 17, 2019 12:37 pm

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Ark, this is one time when those grocery store scooters come in handy.  You can buzz all over that store.

This afternoon, the neighbors came to my house for a little St. Paddy's Day dinner.  Neighbor Carolyn did most of the cooking.  I provided the place and a key lime cake.  We had a nice long visit and got caught up with one another.  It was snowing when they got here, but the sun was shining when they left.
My Instant Pot was a hero. She had oven roasted the corned beef for more than 3 hours, timing it for when she was going to need it. She said it would have pulled out any and all dentures because it was NOT tender at all. When she brought it over, I put it in the Instant Pot for an hour and it was so tender it almost fell apart trying to get it out of the pot. cheers Whew! Instant Pot to the rescue.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 2:30 pm

ELLEN:
I have yet to get into my Instant Pot. I used it once and it did a good job, though. I think I am just hung up on my crock pot.... Very Happy

I went to Rural King and Kroger's yesterday. I found that Rural King had a very nice mobile chair, I had to be very careful not to run into things. It had tons of energy and turned on a dime. So then we went to Kroger's and I used two of their chairs before giving up. No energy, ran out of juice before I could get to the back of the store, and I ended up sitting in the lobby waiting on Donnie to finish up the shopping. So I didn't get all the goodies I thought I would get. Kroger really needs to fix those machines! Their batteries are probably old and not taking a charge. The Rural King chair was fun, though!

We have a neighbor kid coming this afternoon to try his hand at stall cleaning. I hope he works out. He is about 13 years old and is the son of the people who have been feeding our former cat, Dory, for the past two years. If the kid works out, we have lots of stuff to pay him to do besides stalls. We have a lot of brush that needs to be piled up so we can burn it, among other things.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 6:25 pm

I just heard that Pioneer of the Nile died today. He was American Pharoah's sire. He was 13 years old. He'd bred a mare and started showing signs of distress and was taken to a top clinic there in Lexington. It has not yet been determined why he died; probably heart attack or aneurism. He was standing at WinStar.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 6:31 pm

That's a huge loss to the horse world.....it will be interesting to hear what he died of............

Between that and the race track deaths it's a terrible thing.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 7:43 pm

I swapped a couple of text messages with the gal who lives in Lexington and who does a lot of business with WinStar. I'm hoping she will text me back when she hears the cause.

I've heard about the problems at the track too. That's the part of the racing game I really hate.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 8:09 pm

I would guess ELLEN, the cause of death will be made public because Win Star and Pioneer Of The Nile are famous..........
On the other hand, if it's fishy, it will be a real mess........it will be interesting, for sure...............I'm sure your friend
wonders, too.

Boy, he was beautiful...............such a loss.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 3:59 pm

I am officially impressed with our local license branch. I walked in the door, stood for about 30 seconds before my number being called, sat down, swiped my card, and was out the door in a total of about 5 minutes! They've always been fast, but I think this was a new record. Smile
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 11:32 am

Yes, the equinox is now past and spring is officially here. Many prayers for those in floods.......Nebraska looks awful on the news.

It's cool and windy here this morning, no rain, weeds everywhere. BUT, grateful..

Everyone have a happy day.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 11:07 pm

Nebraska is having such a terrible time. I feel so sorry for the people and animals living there. I heard there were over a million animals drowned in NB and CO. Very sad.

Our new farm kid is doing a great job with Donnie! His name is Lavarian...isn't that a great name? He and Donnie are getting along very well. I am stuck in the house for the most part. I over stressed my knee a couple of days ago and have to be more careful....sigh.... My PT session went well, my PT guy is very good.

The weather has been sunny for several days in a row! :dance: It is sort of coolish, but the sun is so welcome. It was a pretty first day of spring.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2019 3:51 pm

It's always nice to see a kid who is willing to work to earn some money. And, nicer to see parents who encourage that. It will be good for both you and Donnie to have a strong young kid to help out.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 pm

It's a nice sunny early spring day and we have boats! I've seen three boats out today, the first of the year.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 12:50 pm

It's a beautiful day..........be happy. Oh, and kind.

God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 1:45 pm

There is a launch ramp straight across the lake from me. It is often a source of entertainment. Many boaters aren't all that great at loading their boats. Launching is easier, but reloading is more challenging for some of them. Is the boat lined up right? Is it far enough up on the trailer? Can it be hooked up without somebody wading in the water on the slick ramp to do it?
A few minutes ago, it appeared that a fairly new boat was being loaded. They had to run it onto the trailer three times before they got it right. There is NO wind that would complicate it.
Some of them have a hard time with backing the trailer down the ramp. This particular ramp is fairly easy to back down. I just watched another couple launching their boat. By the time the boat floated the trailer was nearly sideways. But, they had a good system. She had the rope holding the boat while he managed the car and trailer. He got in the boat and drove it away. She took the car and trailer and probably headed for their house, which means they are launching for the summer rather than for the day.
Lots of docks are being put in place for the summer now.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Hey, it provides entertainment................ Remember when you didn't know how?

I always remember we weren't born knowing how to do anything and how I struggled to get good at some things.
It all seems simple now.....................

Brother, good memories........................
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 3:22 pm

I started learning to back a trailer when I was 19. It did take me a bit to get to where that was easy. But, you're right. There is always a first time to do something and we aren't usually good at it the first time.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 4:00 pm

Oh boy. Just found a litter of kittens in my flower bed................I went and asked my neighbor if they
were hers as mothers wander..We have so many ...........anyhow, she said they weren't hers. Then the mom showed uo.
No one knows who the cat is. So now I'm stuck......................

We have a multitude of strays in our neighborhood.

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Howdy friends! Checking in while Jim is driving along Lake Ontario outside of Kingston. A very nice drive and we never tire of it. Brings back memories of childhood with loving grandparents. Spring is definitely breaking. The ice is getting quite spongy and there is little snow on the ground. Maybe the footing will be safe later this week for riding!
Big changes around our place. Mom went into a nursing home on Tuesday. Mixed feelings of course. I go at least once a day. It is only 7 blocks from our house. Today we got in the van after seeing Mom and started to drive. Nice to be able to just go. I’ll drop in to do some puzzles with mom when we get back. Interestingly enough I have started to play with a guy doing, among other things, some nursing home entertainment, so will likely be playing for Mom there. I hope that everyone is doing well
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 6:39 pm

We are finally headed to PA....slowly....but starting our journey this week.....south carolina...first stop. Hoping to see Rose...i wonder uf she will wear a witches hat...muahauhau. Will be traveling up I 95 thru nc and VA....if anyone wants to meet anywhere alo g the way give a shout.
Trudy we will be in PA probably in june.....do you know of any rv parks that will allow 3 dogs. And have cable tv hookups. I do miss my tv in the evenings. Have checked a few....either priced out of our range or no to 3 dogs. At this rate we may have to park at the truck stop. They have great satellite tv at most of
them and we have on board generator.
But in 4 days we r off...the snakes are terrifying me here. Im afraid dogs will get bitten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2019   MARCH 2019 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MARCH 2019
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next