Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JULY 2019

Go down 
+4
Indyapp
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2019 10:47 pm

It's been a busy day. Perfect weather. Pontoon ride. Jet ski rides. Another pontoon ride. A swim. Dinner at a nice hotel on the water. Then, watching Travis run his little radio controlled boat. Nice day all around.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 6:52 am

We leave here monday morning....Trudy if you want to get together call me 2085993259.
This will be our last trip back to PA. We hate the humidity....and with health problems...i think if we travel much will be lots closer to home.
Winter in Arizona at least where its warmer.
All the rain here lately and the trees and bushes have just taken over. Its like a tunnel going up to where i grew up. Lush and green. I guess i got use to desert....and altho i like trees its like a thick jungle.
We go to myrtle beach for 2 days and then home. Goung to have some good seafood! Yum!
We are going down i95 if anyone is close. Rose how are you doing?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 6:07 pm

Wow! I just sold my jet ski on Facebook Marketplace. As a rule, I don't use Facebook for anything, but a cousin's husband suggested it might be a good way to move it to a new home. I've had some trouble with it, took it to be repaired, and decided that while it was running well it was a good time to let it go. We listed it yesterday afternoon, and 22 hours later, it was a done deal.
As soon as I can find another one that is a four stroke instead of a two stroke (that I can afford) I'll have another one.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 10:54 pm

Big congrats ELLEN..............big kudos to your cousin for suggesting Facebook.
You will find one you like, for sure by next year or sooner............

CB, safe travels..........sorry you had problems and a death on your trip.

We're all aging, that's for sure. Two more of our friends were diagnosed with cancer this week.............

God bless..............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 11:22 am

Reunion was small in attendance with 2 funerals relatives attended....but still a nice time seeing cousins that were there. But so humid.....blah.....it was outside at a nice park.
We leave in the morning and i wonder if its cooler at the beach. When we lived at myrtle beach there was usually an ocean breeze.
Trudy...sorry we couldnt get together. Hope all goes well with court hearings.

Ellen that wasfast selling..

Ark...ride on....

Greymare...sorry about your friends
Everyone else a big yehaw
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 5:20 pm

Graymare, I'm sorry to hear about your friends. I pray they can be successfully treated.

Well, it's good news and bad news. The good news? The troops are gone. The bad news? The troops are gone.
They didn't leave without some problems. The car was hooked to the boat trailer and ready to roll. The truck was hooked to the 5th wheel camper and was ready to roll - until - they found a screw in one of the camper tires. It took one Matt, one Alex, one Butch, and two Kevins to get the tire changed. So, they were nearly 2 hours later leaving than they planned. The truck and camper are on the way to a campground about 4 hours from here. They'll get there later than they planned on.
When they leave, I only need to vacuum the floor where 8 people and one dog have tracked stuff in. They are so good about cleaning up everything before they leave.

I have spent a little while shopping online for a jet ski, one that will start reliably. Of course, newer ones are considerably more expensive, so it might be a long search. I was truly amazed at how fast my old one sold, and I do hope the new owners don't have any problems with it.
Travis let us use his jet ski while the troops were here and they had a BLAST on it. It's faster and more agile than mine.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 7:26 pm

Oh brother ELLEN, what a mess....I hope all is well and they have a good time camping. It would be too long
a trip to come to your house and then go on down the road camping. I've gotten too old. LOL

I hope you have good luck finding a new ski..............
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 9:54 pm

Well, ELLEN, I'm becoming very familiar with FaceBook Marketplace. Still looking for the perfect tractor, but that has been put on the back burner for a little while as Bill's car went kaput and left him stranded along the road while I was at work on Friday. He called me, I called a tow truck and the car is now sitting in my side yard. Now I'm looking for a car for him. He doesn't know what he wants, he doesn't know how much he wants to spend, and he doesn't know how many miles he's willing to buy. Kind of hard to narrow down the selection to go look at something. If he doesn't make up his mind pretty soon, I'm going to go out and buy something I like and tell him to write the check. LOL.

Sorry to hear the family reunion was sparse CB. I have an Aunt who was suppose to come up from Florida this week but discovered a lump on her breast and ended up having a second masectomy (?sp) 3 weeks ago and didn't feel up to traveling yet. Her first surgery was more than 20 years ago. She's 88 and I was surprised they would do surgery at her age.

Is anyone planning on traveling in the very near future? I have vouchers from SouthWest Airlines that are transferable that total almost $1,400 that I will not be able to use. (Long story.) Here is the catch, they expire October 21. All travel must be completed by the time they expire. I have 2 $300, 1 $600 and a $194 voucher that I'm trying to sell either individually or as a group at a discount. If any of you are interested, drop me a note at dadehoff@maplenet.net.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 12:49 am

ELLEN:
Congrats on selling your ski jet so fast!  We have just been looking on FaceBook marketplace this week for bookcases and Gator vehicles.  There are lots out there, but no bookcases we liked.  The Gator was interesting, though.  We found a very nice one for an incredible price.  So Donnie emailed them and discovered they were a scam.  I guess the Nigerian prince is now working on Facebook marketplace.    Rolling Eyes  

CB:
 Sorry about the deaths in your family.  And the reunion being affected.  Travel safely.

GRAYMARE:
 I am sorry about your friends' cancers.  I hope it can be resolved quickly and painlessly. Hugs to them....hug

INDYAPP:
 If they won't send you info on the I.D. numbers, beware of a scam!  Apparently tractors and Gators don't have to be licensed, but can be tracked by their I.D. number when they are stolen.  

Your vouchers make me wish we were going somewhere, thanks for the offer!

I rode Ivan with four other ladies and geldings on Saturday morning.  It was such a nice ride, the weather was good and everyone got a long great.  We may try to repeat it this coming Saturday.  I need to get in a few rides, once Donnie finally does get his knee surgery, I will be trapped for the duration.    Ivan wore a bright yellow sheet to ward off those huge horseflies.  It seemed to have worked, nothing landed on him while the other four horses all had horseflies buzzing them.  We were obnoxiously yellow, but at least not bitten.  Very Happy

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Dianei12
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 11:11 am

Ark, those horse flies would need sunglasses to even see where to land. Smile I've never seen one of those blankets, but I've sure ridden in some places where one of those would have been very welcome.

Indy, I like the last idea about the car. Laughing Go ahead and buy a car for Bill. If he doesn't know what he wants, he probably won't care what it is, as long as it goes.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 3:42 pm

I lost a friend on Sunday. The other hd euro surgery last evening and I don't know the results as
of yet.

I just love looking at that pic ARK (at the top of this page). I like the picture of you &
Ivan also...........quite a git up.

Indy & Ellen, good luck on your searches............

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 6:12 pm

GRAYMARE
 I am so sorry about your friend.  Was this the one just diagnosed with cancer recently?  And what is euro surgery?  I hope it came out well.
 That is quite a toothy smile on that horse and little girl in the photo!  I love that photo, too.  

ELLEN:
 The extremely yellow horse blanket is a lightweight sheet to make one visible to hunters and/or drivers or bikers.  A safety sheet.   I noticed flysheets for horses that were also made of a similar material, just not that color, and wondered if it would help keep the giant shark-toothed flying razor blades off of Ivan's rump while I was riding.  I already had it from a couple of years ago, just never used it.    The first test seemed to show it does help keep him horsefly-free.  Pandapas Pond has a lot of those huge horseflies.  Ivan is actually pretty good about them, but Areion absolutely freaks out over them.  One doesn't want to be on Areion when she freaks out... affraid .  So I am testing the safety sheet on Ivan to see if it will work on Areion.  
 The flymask he wore has ears, which keep the deerflies off him.  He is bothered by them, and I probably killed 10 last time we rode at Pandapas without a flymask.  
 We don't have a lot of horseflies or deerflies here at home, thankfully, but when a horsefly starts buzzing around Areion or Daisy, the entire herd comes thundering back to the barn to hide.  Those things are over an inch long and look like fighter jets with teeth.

If it isn't raining, we are going back to Pandapas this coming Saturday.  Test #2... Very Happy

Here is a photo I won't post on FaceBook...for obvious reasons...But it shows the fly whisk I made from Kazi's tail hair to also keep flies away from Ivan, I am holding it in my hand.  Ivan seemed to appreciate it.

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Leslie11
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 7:36 pm

ARK, neuro surgery...........not euro. Goofy me.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 8:24 pm

GRAYMARE:
Oh! I should have guessed that.... Rolling Eyes I hope she is doing well.

Thunderstorm rolling in.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 9:51 am

Time to change the calendar. Where did July go?

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t96-august-2019#11970

See you in August. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2019   JULY 2019 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

JULY 2019
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 50 Horse Friends :: Basket-