Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AUGUST 2019

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 12:13 pm

Hay guys came yesterday..........I'm glad that's done............

Overcast this AM and cooler............no rain predicted.

ELLEN, any leads on a jet ski?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Graymare, yes, I have found one. It's being shipped to me. I've been a little leery that it's a shady deal, but so far, I can't find any proof that it is - and I've LOOKED and LOOKED. When it gets here, I'll tell you all about it. Could be a week or so. I'm getting excited about it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 3:37 pm

I hope it's C.O.D.............hope you didn't give any money up front...............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2019 8:10 pm

There is an Escrow Delivery Company that receives the money and doesn't release it to the seller until the buyer has possession of the item and is satisfied with it. The buyer has 7 days to decide. If the item is not what it was supposed to be, it is shipped back at the expense of the seller, and the buyer gets the money back.
I investigated everything as much as I possibly could. The jet ski is on the way and should arrive next Wednesday. It is such a good deal it made me a little, (no, a LOT,) suspicious. So far, everything looks good.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 8:53 pm

I HATE errands.........I did go to lunch and had fun, but had many make ups errands. Then I was ready
to go home, went to pick up Rex from groomer, and he wasn't finished. His groomer's daughter
had a problem in school so he got pushed to another groomer. He looks great but I had to wait
45 minutes............

So, I'm finally home, happy, & now relaxing until feeding time. Cardinals have a preseason game
with the Chargers tonight...........we're all anxious to see them. Last season was awful so everyone
is hoping for a better season..............I'm hoping for at least 8 wins with next year improving.
We'll see...................

I brought pizza home for dinner..........pizza & football.........YUMMMMMMY.

Everyone have a good evening..........

cheers cheers cheers Touchdown!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 9:54 am

Where did everybody go?
Indy, did you get a car or tractor yet?
CB, are you back in Idaho yet?
Trudy, I hope all is going better for you and your friends and relatives.
Beech, what are you up to?
Ark, are you riding this weekend? Are you still working with Lori?
Graymare, anything new in AZ?

We've had several days of really great weather. Since some schools are back in session, the lake is more quiet now. The local school system will start this week, so things will be really quiet.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 5:08 pm

I've been watching the racing from Saratoga. A few days ago, Rosie Napravnik and her husband had a winner. She and their two little boys were there in the winners' circle. The boys are about 4 and 2, I think. They did an "article" on her, showing her rehabbing race horses into show horses. She's riding and showing jumpers. I'm not sure whether they are open jumpers or hunters.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 8:52 pm

Me, too, ELLEN.....................it'salwqays fun to catch up with Rosie..........she's a champion
for sure.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 7:23 am

Hey guys, I'm still around, still reeling from the merry go round of insanity that has been happening in my crazy life.  On a good note.  Grandson Rodney(dirt bike) is back at work, Grandson Chad (face injury) is OK and healing, Grandson Jesse (motorcycle & deer) is also healing and getting ready to return to work.  The young heal up at a quick rate. 

Visited my freind Karen last night, she looks awful and is so scared.  Breaks my heart to see her like that.  George & I went to the Potts Grove Fire Hall picnic last night for dinner, took Karen's hubby Rick a BBQ chicken dinner.  He looks worn out, his boss is going to lay him off & allow him to collect unemployment benefits, so he can spend time with Karen.  What a great guy he is to do that for them.

My son Stacy & baby Gemma are doing well, except the heroin addicts are hassling him, they want the baby back.  He lives waayyyyy out and the police will never get there in time if they decided to show up.  He's afraid he is going to have to shoot someone, if they show up at his house.  What a giant mess.  You can't trust the druggies.

George & I are fine, actually doing well and getting things done around here since all our helpers are down and out, if we want stuff done we get to do it.  Just like the good old days when we bought the farm.  Just me & him hauling stone, mowing grass, spraying weeds.  Our retirement days are over, we are back to work.  

The stupid wind blew down a lot of our corn, so we have been picking and handing out corn to our friends.  Barb & Dee came over and help pick and sort, probably about 200 ears so far.  

RICK:  So sorry to hear about your nightmare.  Praying for you and Carol.  Falling down is not good for anyone our age.  That putting things back into place sounded really painful..

Praying for everyone.  It's a beautiful morning here.  54 degrees..off to feed the cats and walk Ace and get ready for church.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:21 am

Trudy … thanks for good wishes on healing.  I had a followup with surgeon's PA on Friday and was told that xrays looking good.  She showed them to us and I could readily see where the fracture in the socket was...a faint line!!  Surgery was mentioned and she said even though she worked for a surgeon, she felt that surgery should be the last thing considered in my case.  Sooooo … guess Im gonna put up with sharpe pains in the joint and that beastly sling contraption.  I go back in two weeks.

Iam having a difficult time getting that sling on by myself as well as dressing one-handed...arm has to remain hanging and little motion or it hurts. Carol helps me get sling adjusted.  I cant imagine how any ladies could get dressed using just one arm & hand.

I can't drive my Kubota lawn tractor  very well as I usually steer with my left hand.  Neighbor (cousin) mowed yard for me this week.  Grandson Cambo can do where the horse pasture was.!!

Ya'll take care and I'll see ya around Foopville!!  Love to all … Rick
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 8:23 pm

I just got caught up on what has been taking place in all of your lives lately. So much pain, both emotional and physical for many of you. I feel blessed that my problems are as small as they are. Stay strong everyone.

My tractor search is on hold indefinitely. The car search started out well, found a 2010 car with low miles and a decent price and bought that. Next day the check engine light comes on. 2010 used cars don't come with warranties. We went back to the car lot and to be fair they are working with us to figure out what is wrong. The code has to do with a sensor. They replaced the sensor. Light still comes on, same code. We will talk to them again tomorrow.

Bill back is the worst it's ever been. He's gone back to the pain doctor. Pain doctor gave him a script for some sort of pain med. I don't know what as I did not go to the appointment with him. He went to the pharmacy to pick up the meds and found out his insurance wouldn't cover the meds because he was over 65? What??!!! Pharmacy got back w/Dr. Now there is either a new script ready for him at the pharmacy or the Dr. and the insurance company came to an understanding, I'm not sure which. In the mean time Bill has been in a lot of pain. He can't sit, he can only stand for so long and laying down doesn't give him any relief either. I'm trying to coordinate the car and the dr while still working and fulfilling my tenure as President of my service club. Leading our Optimist club this past year has been rewarding in many ways, but I'm going to be very happy to pass the gaval come the end of September when our fiscal year ends.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:00 am

TRUDY
 Wow.  Your grandchildren.  I am glad they are all on the mend.  I am so sorry about your friend, how terrible.  Her husband's boss is definitely a good guy.  

INDYAPP:
 You could do what the girl on Big Bang Theory does about her check engine light:  Put a sticker over it so you can't see it.  Very Happy   Might work....
 I am sorry about Bill's pain.  I hope his doctors can get his problem solved.  

ELLEN:
   Congrats on the new jetski!  I hope it works out great and you post pix of you riding it!  

GRAYMARE:
 Speaking of washing dogs:  We seem to have a resident skunk.  It is probably the same one Shadow got zapped by last month.  It is now living under the chicken house, or in the woodshed, or the garage shed.  Who knows, but our nose tells us it is nearby and Shadow's nose keeps us worried he will find it again.  It was in the yard yesterday, I saw it, and Shadow was barking at it from the other side of the fence while he was in the pasture.   This can only end badly...sigh...

RICK:
 Well, that sounds very painful.  I am sorry your broke your shoulder.  I do know how it is to try dressing with one hand, I broke my wrist many years ago.  I could not button up my pants and walked around the house a bit exposed.  I must not have had any stretch pants back then.  Of course, I broke my right wrist, so couldn't write anything that was legible either.   But worse than that, my cousin broke both her arms at the same time and could absolutely nothing for herself.  
 Anyway, heal up  soon before someone decides they want to keep your tractor because they are having fun with it!  Very Happy

CB:
 Wherefore art thou these days?

And speaking of dogs interacting with other animals,  a friend's brother who lives over near Blacksburg (about 15 miles from here) got a dog two days ago.  This morning that dog ran into the pointy end of a porcupine!  He had 25 quills removed from his nose.  Virginia does not have porcupines.  So where did this one come from?  Inquiring minds want to know....

AND!  I was taking Trinket into the barn while talking to our possibly new carpenter's girlfriend, and found an over 4 foot long black snake slithering across the floor of her stall!  Of course I shrieked and then yelled for Donnie who was nearby talking to the carpenter.  They came running,  the carpenter PICKED UP the snake and took it away.  Ivan heard me shriek from on top of the hill and came running down to see what was happening.  The other horses continued to eat up the hill....I love Ivan....

And yes, ELLEN:  I did ride Ivan at Pandapas this morning.  We had a great time.  Ivan was in his mellow mood this morning.  He wore his horrendously yellow anti-fly sheet and no horse flies landed on his back, although one landed on his front leg below the knee.  His mellowness may have partially been because he wasn't bothered by those flying razor blades.  I did give him a pep talk, trying to convince him to be mellow today.  That may have worked, too! Very Happy We rode with four other geldings for 6 miles.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 am

ELLEN:
Forgot to answer: No, I am not working with Lori this year. She is a horse wrangler and riding trainer for a movie being made in Savannah, GA this year. It's called "Underground Railroad". She did one last fall about Harriet Tubman that is coming out this fall. She is having a wonderful time. She has wanted to get into this for several years after she did one as a stunt rider about 7 or 8 years ago. She likes who she is working for, they are based out of Richmond,VA.

My loss is their gain. I really miss riding with her.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 11:25 am

Well, the jet ski has a little set back. The seller accidentally canceled the transaction when he was checking the status. I nearly did the same thing a couple of days before that, so I understand how it could happen. We now have to wait until the refund shows up in my account before we can start over. I still WANT it. Very Happy

Ark, I'm so happy that you are getting some really good riding time. If one of Lori's movies is released, let us know so we can watch for her.

This is going to be a warm day, more humid than hot. That will necessitate the AC. Maybe rain later.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm

For those of you who have an Instant Pot pressure cooker, I just found another use for them. Corn on the cob. You can put them in the pot on the rack with about a cup and a half of water, set it to pressure cook for about 3 minutes, do a quick release, and enjoy. SOOO much less time and mess than heating a whole big pot of water on the stove.
If you are doing lots of them, cut them so they will stand on end and stuff them in there.
10 minutes from start to eating.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 10:27 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMM. Corn on the cob...........

INDY, whew........you've got a tough road right now. I sure hope Bill gets some satisfactory
help for his back. AND, that the car works out. I'll be glad for you when your stress
levels go down..............

Same for RICK & TRUDY..............

Has anyone heard from ROSE?

TL is doing pretty well and we go out for short outings.............we're worn out after 3-4 hours.
Today Walmart was CRAZY...........I'm sure set for awhile. It's so hot out right now we're always glad to get home........"be it ever so simple there's no place like home".

Later taters.............God bless.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 am

If anybody ever finds an actual cure for back pain, that person will be RICH instantly. I do hope Bill can get some relief, and that you can start looking for a tractor again.

In this area, school starts tomorrow. The buses will be running again. One of the buses is kept just a couple hundred yards from my house, so I hear it in the mornings when it goes past. Little Miss Scarlett will start second grade, and Little Miss Lilah will start Kindergarten. Little Sister Nora will be lost without them. She'll get to be an only child for a few hours everyday.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 7:22 am

Things have calmed down to a low roar around here.  We have been picking corn and delivering it to friends, the wind blew down a bunch of it so it had to be picked a little early.  Probably picked & sorted about 400 ears so far.  Maybe later this week I'll have time to get some in the freezer.

Got our first red tomatoes the other day, we only have 3 plants.  We don't can anymore or make sauce just planted enough to eat and share with friends.  

Saw a snake in the corn patch yesterday.  EEWWWWW it was just a tiny one and it slithered quickly away from me. Thank goodness...not a snake fan.

The grandsons are are healing and back to work, the young heal quickly.

Pastor Brandon said something at church on Sunday that resonated with me in his sermon "We must remember this" "I am not God and I have NO control what is going on around me, let go of it and let God handle the outcome."  The control freak inside of me is trying...but it is very difficult for me...I'm a fixer...LOL LOL

Keeping all my Foop friends in my prayers...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 7:06 pm

Trudy, I'm glad to hear that things are settling down a bit. Your pastor is right. We get caught up in thinking we can control everything and we can't. We just have to relax and let God show us what He has in mind.
A friend of mine has a phrase that she repeats to herself when she can't do anything about a situation. "Not my problem. NMP"
I'm not a fan of snakes either. We don't have many of them in this area; although, I'm sure there are a lot I don't see.

One of my neighbors has grown some really nice tomatoes and has been nice enough to share with me. There is nothing like a fresh garden-grown tomato. Another neighbor had bought too many ears of corn, and shared some with me. My two favorite summer foods... tomatoes and corn.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Oh boy, today was a hot one.............cooler now. The humidity is way down though so it
seems cooler...............it's summer in AZ. The horses ran to their showers........LOL.

My friend came over and we went to lunch.............mmmmmmm, Mexican food. Then we went to an end of summer
sale. Ha, that was a bust. I was too cheap to part with my money.

So, I'll just keep wearing the old shorts...............

Glad TRUDY that things have settled down a bit..........

Hope everyone is safe.......

God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 1:28 pm

School is back in session here. So, it's back to "friend sitting" on Friday evenings with the girls. Scarlett is back into being the teacher, and insisting that the other two follow her orders, no matter what she has to do to make that happen. Needless to say, the other two have their own opinions about that. But is it pretty funny to see little Nora putting her hands behind her back to get ready to travel according to teacher Scarlett's orders. With Scarlett, it's pretty obvious what her teacher does with the kids.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Yesterday was overwhelming. I went to the mountains to retrieve our personal belongings
out of the trailer. So, I spent 10 hours in the truck in addition to clearing out the trailer.
It was a 15 hour day...............BUT, the good news is, it's done.

Then this morning I irrigated.............the horses are in and mad. LOL, they love being out.

So, all and all, I'm whooped and on the couch with Rex on his bed in the den..........
I'll probably snooze on and off................

Wishing a good day for everyone!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 7:07 pm

The lake adventure for the day: A neighbor couple who are weekenders, were not here and it RAINED yesterday. Boy, did it rain! Their rowboat with a motor on it was just about to sink. It probably had 300 gallons in it. The boat wouldn't have been a big deal, but getting the motor dried out is harder. Not impossible, but more time consuming.
I tried to pull some of the water out with a large water gun/squirt gun. It was like trying to tear down a mountain with a teaspoon. One of the other neighbors has an electric pump and once it was plugged in, it got all the water out in about 10 minutes. He is today's hero.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 12:35 am

ELLEN:
Well that was very nice of you and the neighbor to save the boat and motor from sinking! You are a good friend to them. We sure need the rain here, thunderstorms keep going around us and our grass is dry and crunchy. Hay is going to be pricey this year. Our upper field is not growing well at all. We may not cut it and just use it for pasture this winter. The lower field is doing much better, it runs along the creek and it is wetter down there. We have to cut it soon.

GRAYMARE:
That had to be a little sad to leave your fun campsite behind. I hope you get to go to Alaska next year. We need pix of your horses! It has been a long time.

I heard from ROSE a day or two ago. She responded to a facebook photo I posted. She said she was getting stronger every day, her internal stitches didn't heal as they were supposed to, and she expects to be riding again in a month.

I rode Ivan on Saturday at Pandapas pond. Butter didn't melt in his mouth! Sometimes I think he acts like the perfect horse just to keep me guessing what he will do next. Laughing He wasn't anxious or jiggy, he was a relaxed trail horse. I do wonder if he might have ulcer problems occasionally. I gave him his evening mash meal before we left early in the morning. I have been giving him some before leaving for some time, but this time it was his full evening ration. He was a happy camper all day. He gets a warm, wet mash of alfalfa pellets mixed with unsweetened beet pulp and a handful of grain. There's as much water in it as pellets. It may sooth his stomach.

It has been in the 90s all week. I am over hot weather for awhile! Some 70s would be very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 am

I'm glad to hear that Rose is getting better and that she expects to be riding again soon.

Rick, how is your shoulder doing?

Ark, that looks like such a nice place to ride. Ivan has learned his job and is exactly what you've been working towards for so long. Work and perseverance does pay off.

I have a cousin and two of her friends are coming up for the weekend, so I have a few things I need to do, like making ice cream. They'll be bringing food with them, and one of them is a great cook. Not just good, but great.

One of my neighbors planted 4 tomato plants that have been prodigious producers. They are supplying the whole neighborhood with tomatoes. Love those big beefsteak tomatoes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

AUGUST 2019
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next