Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AUGUST 2019

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Graymare

AUGUST 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 1:59 pm

Hey Rick & Rose...........is the big hurricane a worry in your neck of the woods?

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 7:30 pm

Sounds like everyone has had a good week. Hopefully everyone will have a fantastic Labor Day weekend too.
Glad to hear everyone is healing well. I'll get some pictures of the mini mule. With any luck I can get one of him playing with his ball. He kicks it around the yard and picks it up and carries it around.

The car problem has been corrected and it didn't cost us any additional $$$. Yeah! Now that is all taken care of we'll get a new battery in the key fob and a second key fob as a back up. And last, call someone to come tow away the old car. Maybe I can convince Bill to get rid of his old van too. Tee Hee.

ARK it sounds as if you've had much better luck using the grazing muzzle than I have on Sophie. I have not found one that she cannot get off or break. She too figured out how to rub it over her nose. When she can't do that she just steps on the edge of the muzzle and then pulls her head back until the safety velcro gives. Looks really weird to watch her do it, but it sure is effective. There are times I hate smart horses.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 9:46 pm

A younger cousin and his family drove up for the day.  I hadn't seen them in about a year, so it was good to catch up a little bit.  It was too cold and cloudy to want to swim, so we borrowed the neighbors' pontoon and took a ride.  
I'd made some ice cream, knowing that they really like it.  They made a pretty good dent in it, which is what I hoped they would do.  Smile

Now, I'm making more for a neighborhood get-together tomorrow afternoon.  If I don't show up with ice cream, I might as well not show up.  Drool ROFL

A little later:
There was something new! Not long after dark, there were about 25 or 30 pontoons all decked out with lights, parading down the lake. Some pontoons are built with decorative lights along the pontoons, but these were people who had added lots of lights all over their pontoon boats. Some had star designs, flag designs, and other ways of lighting up the boats. It was really neat to see it.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 2:41 pm

ELLEN:
I bet that was so pretty on your lake!

INDYAPP:
Well Areion hasn't figured out the stepping on the grazing muzzle trick yet. That's a muzzle killer. Areion did break her last one in the front between the nostrils. I took a dog collar, tightened it around the break, padded it with fleece, and that's what she has been wearing for the past month. Looks terrible, but works so far. Rolling Eyes

Okay, it is time to change the calendar. Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t97-september-2019#12048

or go to "Basket" and then click on September 2019. rear
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2019   AUGUST 2019 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

AUGUST 2019
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4