Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OCTOBER 2019

Go down 
+3
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 10:58 am

October 2019

OCTOBER 2019 Image014
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 11:02 am

Happy October! It sure doesn't feel like fall around here, it will be almost 90 degrees for the next couple of days. Sizzle City.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 11:43 am

Happy fall season everyone! It's a lovely day here in AZ. Praying for Pirrko today.

We're having a fall party, too, next Thursday evening............yeeeehah! Everyone everywhere
is excited to have fall.

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 11:57 am

Prayers are answered. cheers Pirkko is out of surgery and doing well. The tumor was about the diameter of a golf ball.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 7:19 am

Happy October...my favorite month of the year, the trees are changing colors and the woods are ablaze with color.

ELLEN: Great news about Pinko....the hearings went well for Gemma, my son has custody of her and she is blooming, coming out of her protective shell and being a part of a family.  Who knows what that bay has seen in her short life.

Here's my funny dentist story from Monday.  Only my dentist...I went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned, always quite an ordeal for me.  Janie the office girl was telling me how she started walking and stopped eating so many sweets after the 4 of them ate 2 dozen donuts in one day, we were laughing and in walks a guy with a bag of home made cookies.  We were howling...she gave me 2 of the cookies and we were really laughing.  Who goes to the dentist and the gets sweets right before they are getting their teeth cleaned?  Dani the hygienist said "job security."   We really laughed.  I love those girls at my dentist's office, they are so funny.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 1:05 pm

I passed my dental inspection, too, TRUDY. I'm good til next year...............

YAY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 6:00 pm

ELLEN:
Hurray, Pirkko! Now get well soon! hug

GRAYMARE:
Congrats on the great toofs!! What a Face albino lol!

TRUDY:
Heck, I never even got a lollipop at a dentist's office. Hurray for dental carbs!! :dance:

Here is your photo of Baily and Gemma:

OCTOBER 2019 Gemma_10

Two very cute little people!!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 6:24 pm

AAAAwwwwwwww. TRUDY, they are darling. I am so glad things are working out.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 12:06 am

I just don't understand how anybody can neglect and abuse little kids. I'm so glad that Gemma is safe and beginning to know that she is.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 11:59 am

I got some good news today. Pirkko is doing well and will be coming home tomorrow. cheers
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 3:08 pm

YAY PIRRKO.................. ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 3:52 pm

Hurray, Pirrko! Glad you are coming home! wavy

Well guess who showed up today after 5 weeks. Our "carpenter". Full of excuses, of course. I had him work on the arena fence. He won't be doing our hay building, I have found someone else who will come in about a month. I haven't told him that, yet. He can do some fencing and odd jobs if he wants, we aren't counting on him. It's the hottest day of October recorded on this date here and the arena is a blast furnace in full sun. He roasted down there for three hours and just now left. I don't think I will hold my breath as to when he will return.

This is the last 90+ degree day this year, supposedly. I put the horses in the barn area with the fans on, it is too hot to be wearing grazing muzzles in the sun. I let them out to graze early this morning and took off the muzzles about 11:30. Daisy was sweating a lot yesterday, so I am going to give her a wash this afternoon to get the sweat off before the coming cooler weather.

Donnie met his new bone doctor yesterday and really liked him. He is the guy that the local doctors go to for knee and shoulder surgeries. The first guy would never get back to Donnie and it was just dragging on and on with him. The new guy, Dr. C, plans on Donnie to have his first knee replacement in January, after Donnie loses 10 pounds. I have lost about 13 pounds doing low carb and it will be easier with Donnie doing it, too. He will lose it twice as fast as I do. There's something not quite fair about that..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 5:34 pm

The last three days were pretty hot and humid.  Not today.  It barely made 70°, and it's going down.  Tomorrow morning will be 47°.

Last Friday, my lawn tractor decided it did not want to go forward or backward. The motor was fine, but no movement. Yesterday, I took it to the guy where I bought it used, three years ago. He called me this afternoon that it was fixed. So, I hooked up to the trailer and went after it. It will be nice to have it back so I can keep up with the leaves a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 8:16 pm

I'm always glad when things work out ELLEN...............
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 2:26 pm

I never heard back from Donna Himmelman......and my e mail was not returned.

I either had the wrong addy or something. Maybe she doesn't remember me.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 10:37 am

Not too much going on around here. The boats and docks are coming out of the water for the winter. Some people are starting to burn leaves, although only the cottonwood leaves are down now. The leaves are just starting to turn color.
Little Miss Scarlett is 8 years old today. They will have a family celebration today, and then a bigger party next Sunday.

The next three or four days should be some really nice weather, though a little cool.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Greymare...Donna is on facebook. She is doing ok.

Went to a corn maze yesterday...first one ever. It was fun!
Took grtgrdson in his stroller...he slept thru it...but got some great pics if him in the pumpkin patch! Nice family day. Kids bought pumpkins to carve.
Hubby built a tunnel over the doggie door...that helos a lot with the cold air. Its been in 30s at night with frost in the morns.
I see neurosurgeon on 16th for my back...not looking forward to that.

Ellen...good news on pirrko....
Trudy...very pretty girls
Ark...funny about your carpenter guy...id find someone else for sure.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 10:13 pm

Thanks CB.........glad to know DONNA is fine. I'm not on facebook. Your day out
in the corn maze sounded great......and the kids getting their Jack o lanterns must
have been fun.

My lands. I Scarlett that old already? Good grief. My one g son is 35. I can't believe it.

We are getting older.............

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 12:10 am

GRAYMARE:
 You have a 35 year old grandson! ClappingHands  Wow!!  Any great grandkids?

Since we didn't have kids, our chances of grandkids aren't too good.... Wink  But we have some pretty grand-critters!

ELLEN:
 It seems like Scarlett was just born.  They don't stay babies for long.  

CB:
 How is that new horse working out?  What is her name?

INDYAPP:
 Any rides since your neighborhood ride on Tiberius?  I have forgotten his breed, what is he?

Last edited by Ark on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 12:10 am

Donnie and I worked on cleaning up the carpentry mess in the arena this weekend.  It looks a bit better without tree limbs and old fence rails piled up.   It is amazing the mess carpenters make.  I think we've only ever had one who was fanatic about cleaning up his messes.  It probably took me an hour to heave all the walnuts over into the woods, the walnut tree lost several limbs due to wind and more due to trimming before the fence work began.  Walnuts everywhere.... Our dear 'carpenter' didn't come on Friday, despite him saying he would.  Rolling Eyes   Big surprise.  

We have had a gloriously cool weekend.  After all the 90+ degree days we've had, it felt great to be in the 60s.  And we got a bit of rain with more coming tomorrow.  The horses loved the cool weather, they were charging around and bucking like crazy.  I love watching them do that....just glad it wasn't when I was on one of them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Ark i would be so pe'oed at that contractor i think i would tell him see him in court for breech kf contract. You might advertise for a retired person that needs the money. It worries me that the one you have right now may be getting some money and then laying up somewhere using drugs...be carry it doesnt put you in the loop if a drug ring is busted or cops are watching him. We had that happen once except it was on base and it was OSI my dogs treed in my back yard...we were totally in the clear...guilty by association so being watched.

The horses are doing great. Willow the mare got her feet trimmed....i dont know if she ever had them done before...it was quite the lil rodeo....she cow kicks good....but she spirts nicely trimmed tosies. Gelding is responding to my voice just loose walking....hes really doing well.
We got two kitties but i cant leave them out at night so may turn into house kitties. The coyotes are rampant. All the whistle pigs have vanished...not much for them to eat.

My oldest grandkid is 26..im gettin old...26..23...18...16..13...4...and great grand is 3 weeks
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 5:17 pm

CB:
You have a bunch of grands!! wavy Congrats on the kitties, too!

Since the 'carpenter' is rarely here, I don't think we will be implicated in anything concerning him. I think he is a troubled man with problems, though. He works like a maniac, or he doesn't work at all. He texted me at 6:30 am this morning saying he was coming, then of course, he didn't. He texted Donnie later talking about his mother who was released from the hospital (yesterday) and for him to tell me. No word to Donnie that he wasn't coming. We have decided that we will work on the fence, or he can come help with it, but when it is done, so is our association with him. I have two retired brothers coming next month to build the hay building that should have been done by now. Oh, well. We wish the guy well. He will have to get his act together. There is plenty of work around here for carpenters, he can find somewhere else to work.

Rain is coming in about two hours (6 pm). I am going to put the horses up early and get ready for it. We really need the rain. They are predicting about a half inch or so. I hope they are right!

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 8:26 pm

Today brought another new adventure in life. About a week ago, I was eating some popcorn. A while after I finished, I noticed that my upper left wisdom tooth felt a little (a lot) strange. A large piece had broken out. In my whole life, I have had ONE cavity. A trip to the dentist affirmed that it needed to come out. So, off to the oral surgeon today. Needless to say, I was anticipating the worst.
He numbed it, and all I felt was one tiny prick. Hot pizza hurts worse. When the numbing was complete, it took him all of about 2 minutes to get the offending tooth removed.
And now, I have only the very slightest soreness, and hardly any swelling.
That certainly went a whole lot better than I thought it would.
My wallet was damaged more than my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 9:52 pm

ELLEN:
Wow, you were very lucky. I had to have a molar tooth pulled last summer that abscessed. The dentist surgeon stuck a needle very deeply into the back of my mouth and I actually shrieked in pain. I have never felt anything hurt so bad! My regular dentist sent me to him because she thought he would knock me out, she didn't want to do the deep needle bit. He didn't. affraid It went on for several seconds. If I ever have another tooth pulled, they WILL knock me out first.
I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled at the same time in college and that didn't hurt at all. Go figure.

We had rain all day!!! Lots of wonderful, wet rain. I don't think we have had this much rain since last spring. I cleaned the barn with the horses in it, they didn't want to go out in the chilly rain, so I got to clean the barn twice today. That's okay. It rained!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 9:59 pm

OOOOOWWWWWEEEEE ZOWIE!!! ELLEN, you're a good sport. Glad it went well. Not that you could
be a poor sport............rest and get better!!!

We have a new Mexican restaurant here and I met the blah blahs there..........oh brother,
I thought it was great and three of them gave it a thumbs down........Just shows you we're
all getting older.......years ago we would have thought it was the greatest. One of them
even complained about the chips & salsa. We're a funny group, that's for sure

I saw on the news that there is now a college degree in drone operation and flying...........WOW. A new career path that I never thought of. Our world is changing so fast I'm out of touch. Ha, I'm
in charge of manure moving............LOL

Everyone have a good evening.............

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OCTOBER 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 Empty

Back to top Go down

OCTOBER 2019
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next