Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 2012

Go down 
+15
cb
sunny 57
Karen E. Teague
Beech
TWHRider
Manygatess
tuffwheelr
marknsvet
silverdancer
Rick Angell
Carol W
Indyapp
Donna
Ellen E
Ark
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny 57

August  2012 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 12:26 pm

well, today is D day for us if Kent's brother doesn't talk to the park manager before the end of business today, the park is turning over our debt to the lawyers and they will try to forclose on this place for being behind on condo fees we have been talking to the manager but at this point we are out of time his hands are tied he knows the situation but can do nothing more what is bad is that Kent ownes this place out right does not owe money on it but because we live in a park we have to pay condo fees and they can take this place away from Kent even though his family have owned this lot since late 70's it will be a shame but at this point our hands are tied unless S.S.I comes through we will be homeless cross your fingers for us
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Sunny, I am hummin' as loud as I can for you and Kent to get things straightened up financially and talking to the condo managers or what ever...geeesh, they must be blood suckers to want the fees even though they do not own your dwelling....they gotta know that every one is hurting right now.
Ark, good to see that you are home and trying to let someone else look after the work. It is not easy to let someone else come in and take over when you have to sit back and watch them from your chair...sure it sounds nice to relax but I know it has to be annoying.
CB safe trip, drive sensibly or at least make sure that Harry does. I will be on the road myself from this coming Tues on till mid Sept...so not sure how many times I will be able to come in for a vist and keep track of y'all The further north I go the less chance of getting any computer sigs.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:09 pm

ARK...Yep...still driving. In fact...I drove by your Carilon Hospital today when I went through Roanoke.

OK...NOT upset with boss...but due to "circumstances" beyond his control, I sure got "jerked around" this week and quickly remembered one of the reasons "why" I retired two years ago. I'm afraid its too late to be any different this coming week...but I've "growled" for an easier (on me) week for week AFTER this coming. I'm going to "lean" on him a bit more to hurry up and "replace" me. I'don't know if he's tried yet. At least he's NOT calling me 3 - 4 times a day "checking in". THAT used to bother the beejeebers outta me. Oh well..

RANT NOW: WHERE the *^&&^% do people get the idea about texting while driving. Even worse than that, I saw (last week) someone had a laptop computer OPEN in their lap while driving and fingers working on the keyboard....all while driving 70-75mph on highway. I wanted to blow my airhorn, but afraid the )&*(^*& idiot would be scared into an accident. FOLKS...Its NOT safe on the highways!!

Carol is working on her 2nd trip for this year....Oct. 23rd for 11 nights...cruise off the coast of Italy and ?? One of the librarians here is going with her. I chose NOT to go. Carol is already planning on "retiring" "3-13-13" (her so called lucky number combination) after 30 years at the hospital. This cruise is her "last before retirement" trip!!

Love to all...Rick and Ole Snoop!!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:47 am

Man Rick, I wouldn't let her retire, she'll never be home! LOL and I agree with the texting and typing etc....I am guilty of talking on my cell phone but more states are passing that law now...sooooo...I stick it in my bra and put it on speaker...no one knows they are talkin' to my teeties...LOL....I had to say that! Blame it on the heat! Whew...had a very uneventful trip to NV and the puppies slept all the way. They were really good babies. I hope the whole trip is uneventful except for good stuff...but we know how I travel on a wing and a prayer....

Y'all take care...I'll post when I can....the pups and I are going to the park tomorrow as its too hot here in the camper to stay here....no ac....so we will get out and let the world see the babies...maybe sell one or two ....hopefully!
They are sure getting attached to me and they are 8 weeks old tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:46 am

CB: I think your cell phone idea is great. You are being "hands free" and THAT is the important thing. My handsfree thing is a headset that is connected by wire. (Never could get a wireless I liked) and I have been known to stick the phone in my shirt pocket while talking.

IMHO, there are two/three problems with hand held: (1) it interferes with your perifereal vision on that side (2) lots of people...and it seems women especially...can't just talk without hand jestures and that means NO hands on the steering wheel. (3) I need to keep one hand on steering wheel and use the other hand on gearshifter. That's kinda hard to do when holding a phone to your head.

Safe journey!!

Rick
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:38 am

CB, I sure wish you the least possible eventful trip, with all of you arriving in Texas being totally bored with the trip.

Silverdancer, isn't it nice when you can just enjoy the ride and not worry about being unseated every time a butterfly sneezes?

Sunny, I sure hope and pray that something will work out for you, and fast.

Okay, gang, I'd like some feed back on the website I sent - good, bad, or indifferent. Is it too long? Not interesting? Boring? We'd like to know what you think so it can be made better?

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 1:36 pm

ok, what website? HUH? I'm a dunce....but a clueless dunce at that! and I am not sure there is any help for me!

Well, today the tipouts get put in, and the hitch in the truck and things shifted from this big camper to the truck camper hubby will need for next 6 weeks, and early in the morning we should be hooked and ready to roll ....yay...this will be a very quick trip. I have the pups advertised in texas and here in NV too....but things are slow...have 4 left out of 9 and one of those I am keeping...so really only 3 left. They are 8 very cute weeks today...

Hot here already today...whew....the dogs and I will be heading for the park this afternoon...it will be too hot in here for sure. Well, hubby just arose from his slumber so guess we'd better get with the program.

Have a great weekend y'all!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:11 am

CB
Travel safe (for Goodness sake )!! I hope Texas is everything you want it to be.

Sunny
How did it go?

Ellen
Did you design the website? It looks pretty good to me. This is your best friend, right? Looks like she is going to launch some pretty good books!

I went grocery shopping with my keepers today. Walmart and Krogers never looked so good.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:29 am

Thanks, Ark. No, I didn't do the website; her son-in-law did it.

It must have felt good to feel well enough to go out and do something. I'm so happy that you are getting better.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Ark .. sounds like you are headed in the right direction ...just don't overdo it.

Eileen ... have fun on your vacation.

CB .. Happy trails .... travel safe please.

Sunny .. thinking positive thoughts for you guys.

Have a great day gang.
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Carol, thanks for the "journey hums" lol will leave here on Tues some time and will be bringing my laptop with me, but who knows when or where I will be able to use it. I will when I can.
Rick I know what you mean with these idiots that think that they can do more than one thing at a time when really they can barely manage thing at a time I nearly got creamed in a head on when the idot was making a turn onto the two lane that I was on (not a busy streat by any means) and she was on my side of the road, coming my way, and talking on the f**king phone...of course no cop with in 50 mile radius. She did make it back onto her side before she hit me and never gave me a moments notice, acted like she was driving like a sober person...geeweesh...good thing that she could not read my lips.
Talk to you all when I can find a signal.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:10 pm

thanks to the president Kent got denied S.S.I. and medicade so at this point we are screwed the park has already turned over the condo fees to the lawyer he will fight it but we don't have the time to do it with no income and no job we have no way to pay our bills, I am paying all that I can but I only get so much that is why we are living together because neither of us can afford to live seperate and Kent is in no condition to work, he hasen't even recoverd from his stroke and he has no way to see a doctor to get his insulin so he is at risk of another episode of ketoacidosis which almost killed him back in March, his sugars are running in the 300 to over 500 range and normal is up to 120 he is sick and can't even see a doctor as we don't even have gas money to get there, and we have exhausted all possibilities of help from any of the orginazations that help because he is a single man with no children at home or parents over 65 that he is caring for the state won't help him and have told him so and even if we put me down as somone he is caring for that is dissabled it won't count as he is not certified to do so, believe me when I say that we have written our congressman and the newspaper and t.v. no one thinks that it important to help with, the state of Florida is so bad about all this because this is a snowbird and tourist state, even at this point if a lawyer helps it is going to be to little to late we have about 45 days, Kent's brother so far has not helped out and the worst thing is that this place is in his name as part owner so he in the long run will have to pay all the attorney fees and monies due and in the meantime they are going to take this place from him and even if he pays all due the place is goneKent has lived here since late 70's my truck will be paid off in November and I am going to try to find a travel trailer that my truck can pull so that we will at least have a roof over our heads, I am going to fight to the bitter end and force them to force us out if we can't get it settled before they take this away. sorry for the venting we are both so frustrated and afraid.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Dawn, that would scare me to pieces. Big prayers going up for you and Kent that somehow things will work out.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Car Keys

Several days ago as I left a meeting at a hotel; I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down. I was looking for my keys.
They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.

Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.

My wife has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition.

My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them.

Her theory is that the car will be stolen.
As I burst through the door, I came to a terrifying conclusion.

Her theory was right. The parking lot was empty.

I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen.

Then I made the most difficult call of all, "Honey," I stammered; I always call her "honey" in times like these.

"I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen."

There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard her voice.

"Idiot", she barked, "I dropped you off!"

Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."

She retorted, "I will, as soon as I convince this policeman I have not stolen your car."

Yep, it's the golden years
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Now that was the unvarnished truth!!!!!! Been here, done that, and have a tattoo. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 am

((((((((((SUNNY))))))))))
I am so sorry for what you are going through.

Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Sunny, I am hummin' for ya girl...and Kent too. It sounds like a very scarey situation. Hang tough, there has got to be a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere. I wish you the best.
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:51 pm

thank you all for your support, it helps to know that there are people that care about you and Kent and I are grateful to have friends like you I will keep you informed on what is going on and I am still hoping for the best
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Clara asked me to post for her as her notebook is out of battery she will post when she gets it charged they are on the road slow going as it is hot 110 and the truck is getting hot so they are going slow thay are just past Las Vegas and are going to drive for awhile more then stop for the night all is well just hot the pups are doing great and they expect to get to Texas late Tuesday or early Wednesday morning
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:50 pm

SUNNY, Hugs from here. I'll keep you and Kent in my prayers.

I think I've told you all this before. SAPP and I donated a character, er horse, to the United State Park Police in DC a number of years ago. I try and stay in contact with his human partner. Just found out that Smokey and 9 of his barn buddies will be heading out to Charlotte to help with crowd control at the Democratic Convention. I prefer not to talk politics, but how cool is that?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Indy, that is VERY cool! Such a nice boy he has turned out to be.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 pm

Indyapp
That is definitely cool!! I wonder if the horses will be seen on t.v.?

Sunny
Thanks for the CB update. Wow...te heat sounds terrible.

I went down to the barn yesterday and today. I am getting a little stronger every day. Ivan and Kazi dont know what to think about the new stranger visiting them...Donnie and Annie dont like me down there so I mostly just visit the horses and pull burrs off of them. I dont think it will take the 3 months to a year to get my strength back like they said..
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:10 pm

Ark, as long as your body and blood are healing well, I think you will surprise them with how quickly you get back to normal. You were a lot stronger than most women your age when all this started. All that barn work and riding put you in a lot better shape. I'm really glad to hear that you are able to do more and more.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:19 am

Indy .. that is cool!!!! would be fun to see them on TV!!!!

Ark ... you are doing good and I predict sunny you will beat their numbers by a bunch!!!! Just be careful and don't overdo it.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Rick, where are you? We haven't seen you much lately. How much longer are you going to drive?

Any word from CB? They should have gotten to their place in Texas by now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 2012
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next