Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 2012

Go down 
+15
cb
sunny 57
Karen E. Teague
Beech
TWHRider
Manygatess
tuffwheelr
marknsvet
silverdancer
Rick Angell
Carol W
Indyapp
Donna
Ellen E
Ark
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

August  2012 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:30 am

BEECH
Yikes! What a scare! Smoke inhalation can get you quick. I am so glad you and your house are ok.

Cb
congrats on puppy sale!

After waiting all day they turned me loose from sick jail. Donnie and Annie are now in charge. We swung by to see Daisy and Areion on the way home and they are fine.
We got home just about dusk. There is no place like home.....

I have to go to the local office for blood work on Monday, then possibly another plasma exchange if needed. I hope not needed. Then they will take this neck port out and this nightmare will be over!
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:55 am

WELCOME HOME DIANE!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it must be wonderful to be back to your own house after your hospital stay. There is NO place like home, that's for sure. :dance:

CB: They do have Pierogies at the fair here, but they are the frozen Mrs T's, not the home made little old church lady ones. There is a big difference. Pierogies Plus makes them fresh and ships them out. Mrs. T's are OK but the home made ones are so much better. We used to make our own when my son was small and he had the hated duty of forking them. He would pout and say "fork, fork, fork, I hate these stupid Pierogies." aaahhhhh the torture our kids had to go thru growing up.. Razz

TWH: Yup, Pierogies Plus has a web sites, they make different varieties of Pierogies and other yummy items also. check out their web site. www.perogiesplus.com

Have a wonderful day everyone, we are off to take daughter Amy out to breakfast at Cracker Barrel for her birthday. Gosh those kids are getting old. Wink

Love & prayers to all....
Back to top Go down
TWHRider

TWHRider

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:23 am

Ark, you're HOME! Isn't home the most wonderful place when you've been somewhere you don't want to be! bounce bounce

Don't wear yourself out trying to play catch-up - it's not worth it What a Face

Just sit and type on your Kindle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 am

ARK, WE ARE SOOOO GLAD TO HAVE YOU BACK HOME!!!
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:37 am

Welcome home ARK. Now sit back and take it easy and get strong.

BEECH, WOW is all I can say. I am terrible at turning things on and then going into another room or outside one of these days it's going to get me. Good thing you were right there to take action.

I know nothing about perogies. As in, what are they? Other than food. I figured that out.

Rick & Snoop, you still on the road?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:19 pm

ARK, OH HAPPY DAY! So glad to hear! woohoo!! Now just take it easy and get all your strength back...I know this had to knock ya for a loop! So take very good care of yourselr! cuz u are loved very much! I'll hum that your are done with the transfers and get that port long gone!

Another hot day here...spose to be over 100 most of this week and then drop down to mid 90's for a couple of days....at least the animals get a slight break with the cooler temps at night..for a few hours anyway...by daybreak its already very warm out there tho...ugh...

Ten days will find us making our first trip to Texas....a very FAST trip down and back for us too...The kids have the fence up now and have the horse panels set up already...so ...that much work is already done. Hubby has to be back by the 27th to go back to work ...and then he will have 37 more work days before we take off with the next load and that load will be half the animals/horses/dogs. Michelle will take care of the others while we are gone on that trip. When we come back up we will be taking the next load down of horses and dogs. Then hubby will come up o n the bus to get the "BEAST" loaded with stuff and bring it down....and that's it! I figure we'll have evrything down there by first week in November...lots of trips and fixing stuff as we go. Wish us luck and HUM! We will probably need it our luck with trips!

Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:28 pm

WELCOME HOME, ARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! August  2012 - Page 3 407633263
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:21 am

so glad that you are home now you can get strong and all better just take it easy and don't over do no matter how good you feel take care and very glad you are o.k
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:52 am

I think I overdid and have a doctor appointment noonish to be checked out. Stupid me. I will pay better attention to my keepers from now on.

Ellen
Syd cant get in. Please log in as me... go to her profile...change her password. I will log out for today. Thanks. Give me a call this evening if you can. I am fine but may be out of email reach.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:44 am

BAD ARK! You need to take care of yourself Friend! I know its hard for all of us to behave and I'm terrible at it, but I hope you are back home tonight and not out of reach...I will HUM my best for you! Please be alright....

If I say pierogies are similar to an egg roll I would get tromped...but you can put different fillings in them and crimp the dough to close and then bake or deep fry...kind of a meat pie but shaped like a short fat half moon....we use to get potato pierogies...they were good! You don't see them to far away from the northeast...PA especially. Hope that helps explain better what they are. They are a favorite dish back home, and restuarants will serve them also, fairs, ...I didn't know you can order them tho. Trudy will have to share that information!

It is so overcast here...wish we would get the rain with it...skies are grey! Fire danger still high...I'll be glad when this heat wave is over! Whew..it leaves one feeling drained...I worked outside yesterday until I felt really sick, dumb me...my closthes were stuck to me, had to come in and get showered and I still felt too hot even with a cool shower, i finally ate and it didn't stay..was feeling sick all night long...having to visit the bathroom many times, change sheets several times...UGH...it was bad...I Won't do that again let me tell ya! Live and learn! Come on cooler weather give us all a break please! I'm feeling quite frazzled around the edges this morning! but managed to get everyone fed and my puppy pen all clean and spiffed...but puppies were very vocal about Mom not playing with them! I just didn't feel up to it yet...have a headache from another planet!..and bending over wasn't in my chores this morning..UGH...double UGH...gonna to take it easy as pie today!
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Ark, so glad to "see" that you are home. Take it easy girl...baby steps you know...don't over do it. Hope that you are out of the worst of it and on do firm ground.
Beech....I would never have thought of the breaker switch at a time like that...one thing is the breaker panel is down stairs where as the stove and all is upstairs...I doubt if I could move fast enough either...glad that you got it all solved on your own and had a spare micro wave on hand...it does pay to not throw everything away doesn't it.
It is raining , raining, and more raining here...raining today more serious than yesterday, and they say tomorrow is still more rain.
However Sunday the rain stops and temps move up into 80's again...we will see if the experts are as smart as they think that they think they are.
Hey we needed some rain, but really./..
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Ark, I haven't found the right place to log in, and/or don't have the user ID. When you are feeling better, you can send me whatever info I need. Of course, when you are feeling better, I won't need it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silverdancer

silverdancer

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 5:56 pm

ARK - what a relief to read that you're on the mend. It was terrifying to READ Donnie's account of your illness, never mind actually experience it all like you two went through. You are so lucky that it was identified and treated so promptly, that's about as close a thing as you'd want.
But, like others on here have said, please take it easy for a bit now you're home and it's a good idea to board Areion and her companion horse for now - You would probably only try to do too much too quickly if they were all at home, we're all the same.

I am SO impressed with Areion's loading by Donnie in the trailer! Did you really say she had never travelled in one before? Yet he got her loaded and she travelled OK? Did I read that right? What a good girl.

CAROL - yes, I was watching the SJ Olympics and saw Cian O'Connor get his medal for Ireland, he looked totally delighted. Ireland only had 2 riders entered in the Individual SJ and 1 rider in the dressage, so that wasn't a bad percentage result!
And earlier in the week, I saw GB get Gold in the Team SJ (one of their riders used to ride for Ireland!) and then also a day or so later, in the Team Dressage. What brilliant horses and riding, it was thrilling. ALSO, I was personally encouraged to hear that two of the riders in the British SJ team were 'veterans' over 50 (!- bit too late for me though!), but one of whom had broken his neck 10 years ago and had a hip replacement 2 years ago, about to get the other hip done. What a Face And there was also a Dressage rider from some other country aged 71!!! Keep on riding if you can, I say!

CB - Hope your move to TX goes smoothly, all of them! Maybe by the time you're all settled down and sorted out, I'll be back visiting my son and we can both complain about the Texas heat - but after all your wildfire experiences, I guess nearly anything will be better.

EVERYONE over this side of the 'pond' is complaining about our weather this year... 'summer'!... 'What summer?' is the comment. Apparently while I was in the USA, it rained every single day.. and it has rained almost every day since too. Not necessarily ALL day, just every day.
We are about to get a fine spell, though - 3 days without rain. Yay!

Now - time to go and watch a few more of the Olympic competitions on TV. It's all compulsive viewing, fabulous seeing athletes perforing at their peak. But oh dear, withdrawal symptoms next week, because this is the last weekend. Sad
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:33 pm

SilverD: maybe by then we could meet somewhere inbetween where you are in Texas and where we are....I love meeting foops and foopettes! I've met quite a few in person and enjoyed every meeting!

Speaking of one of my most memorable ones...Where is OL MAN? You better post Gene, I get worried when you arn't on here! Miss your jokes too!

We got a weather reprieve today..low 90's WOW! I'll take it!
Very overcast...but cooler...thank goodness, but that usually means high winds or storms, and the news just said our county is under a red flag warning for fires as lightning storms are headed this way. UGH.I'll have to keep watch on things

ARK, hope to hear from you soon! and hope it is all GOOD..

Those young horses amaze us sometimes, loading in a trailer and doing so well,....Jessi just had to load Max in her 2 horse trailer and take him to the property...she said he did GREAT! He turned a year in May and is 15.3 now....good thing Jessi likes big horses! LOL...Hubbys' mule MissyMuleyTude is close to 14 hands now...another hand and she will be taller than her Mom and she is...drum roll please....just 3 and half Months old....I can't believe how she is growing! and so is her attitude! Her Mom will go the end of the month, so MissyMT will be weaned at a little over 4 months, but she is doing fine so I think its time. We have to work with her a lot thru September to get her to load and travel well and allow us to handle her a LOT on this trip. I havn't been able to work with her like I did Max..as ya remember Max took me for a yank off my feet and I had to have knee surgery...I can't do that again...no...I can't...its taken me a few years, but I'm learning to behave myself more! rabbit Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Ok I am back. I thought I might be in the hospital again after a bad night last night. Turns out I over did things on my first day home and am ok. I am more confined to bed and will behave myself....:-)

Ellen
This website is complex to figure out where everything is. I need to be on the computer to be helpful. Sorry for sticking you with this. I think if you go to the home page and look at the very bottom of the page, you will find Admin Panel button in tiny print. Go to a person's profile page and at the bottom of it click on 'profile ' and I think you can change a password. Look to see the username spelling and case is used right. I dont have a list of passwords because a member can change it and it is private. Syd is logged out but can read posts.

CB
Gene is logged in and has been reading but may have posting problems. It has been a rough thread change.

SilverDancer
Congrats on Irelands metal!!! I have not seen a single horse event. I cant find any of them on tv. I have seen entirely too much beach bikinis though.
Yes that was Areion's first trailer ride! We have let her load herself and play around in it while being praised and given treats a few times. She thought it was a game. Daisy, her birth mother, loves the trailer and we had them both on it getting snacks together a few time
, but never confined them in it or moved the trailer. So Areion didnt expect the ride was coming. She sweated but did great...

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Whew! You're home, Ark. I was hoping to see you back this evening. You aren't used to being sick so it's easy for you to think now you are home, you'll just go back to doing normal stuff right away. It's gonna take a little while. Relax and enjoy some time off. You'll get lots of reading done. Maybe you can knit a little too.
I suspect that Administrators Panel only shows to you. It doesn't seem to be on mine. The only thing I see is "free forum support". The log in for that requires both a user name and a password.
I do have e-mail contact with Sydnee, so she can send me messages and I'll post them for her.

Obviously, you did a good job with teaching Areion to load so she went in when it was really needed.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 pm

I have troubles every month when we change over, it usually takes 4 or 5 days before I can post again...but I CAN read...don't know why!

oh well...

Glad you are home, now you be extra good and careful, you don't have to be superwoman at least for another month ok!
it is the hardest thing for us to do, slow down and watch the world go by...but just do it for awhile, K?

I just wnna know how one gets sh*t faced on just one beer...my duaghter told me not to drink stuff with caffeine so I'm having a beer...ugh...I've never acquired the taste, but I already had milk and was still thirsty..hence the one beer left in my fridge...tis gone...gotta drink it fast or it gets warm too. Hubby called me tonight and says he has same symptoms as me...diarhea and throwin' up...great...I went thru it last night and today...grrrrr....I don't think I will ever eat at Mickey D's in Boise ever again! Boy...talk about feelin pukey...and uckie on the other end... had to wash all bedclothes today...not fun...still feeling bad. I need to sweep floors and wash my dishes and then to bed. At least its cooling down a bit now...
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 am

I'm up kinda / sorta early for me and wanted to see the latest on our ARK. Good to see she's on the road to mending.

SNOOP wants to know if he needs to come "assist" ANNIE?

Anybody else floating around this morning?

Love to all....RICK & Snoop
Back to top Go down
Karen E. Teague

Karen E. Teague

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:26 am

I'm floating around this morning. With our drought I've started watering sections of the pasture to help green it up and give my little herd some better stuff to eat. I turn water on at 5am and off at 7am. Hopefully this will also keep my cost for hay down still looking for it. Hubby complains about the price each and every time I find some. He's driving me crazy on this and a few other things.

Karen
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:35 am

bbbbb...but Karen...that's OUR JOB, isn't it...to drive you crazy? Well...that along with CHOCOLATE and brownies?

We are grand dog sitting this weekend for Kid Cameron. There is some sort of "Dukes of Hazzard" activity in northern Virginia that they've gone to. It seems the boy is "eat up with" that shows re-runs. He didn't know "what" they were going to...only that Ellie would be with us for the weekend. She is a big ole loveable BLONDE lab...as sweet / gentle as can be. Snoop and I get the dog walking chores.

So...Karen...what's the latest with fires and smoke??

Love...Rick
Back to top Go down
Karen E. Teague

Karen E. Teague

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:51 am

With Prays we've made it thought. Sister-in-law did burn, but they saved the house, she lost all her out building, which means she lost all personal belongs since they were currently stored in one of the out building. We even got a tad bit a rain which helped to get the fire put out.

Thanks for caring and praying
Karen
Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Ark, we all do it...do too much too soon after a sickness hope that you look after yourself, you do not want to end up back in the hospital...sorry for the reprimand, but we care about you. Take it easy and get better soon.
Rick hope the you get along with dog sitting, I am sure that Snoope will help you with that chore. Dukes of Hazzard...yep I do remember them. lol
We are hoping to be done with the rain for a while, this is the third straight day of it...but it is only a sprinkle now ans then although cloudy and overcast.
Have a good day all
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Glad every one is getting better----CB, just change brands, taste for beer generally gets better after 30 or 40.

Snooker, I have been reading (for bout a hundred times) Battle of Custer!!! When they found Comanche with with Capt Keogh holding the rein on the arm. Indians had not moved either. This was two days later. I have heard as you have about dogs laying on a masters grave for days but do horses show that much emotion. Do I believe this just cause I want to or just what is measurable???

Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Many hugs headed your way Karen..... How awful to lose most of your stuff .... Lots of our foops have gotten close to these fires, but you are the first to have loss ..... (((( ))))
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Karen, did she have horses or other animals to get evacuated? I hope she got all of them to a safe location. "Stuff" can be replaced. I'm so sorry that she lost what she did, and I'm sure glad you are safe.

There is some kind of foam that a person can spray on a house or building that will keep it from burning for a while. I believe it I heard that it costs about $600 to protect a house. I wonder if insurance companies would help pay for that since it would prevent them from having to pay greater expense from bigger loss.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:05 pm

after we had the one fire close to us, but not the one we evacuated from, I swept my floor and in front of my swamp cooler there were black marks that I tried to sweep up and realized they were melted spots in my floor tiles...I thought it was ash at first fromthe fire, but no it was ash that was hot that actually melted my floor tiles there...I have black spots all over there..glad I didn't have any paper stored there....wow...we have been so lucky, others have not and I really feel for them, losing everything they've worked so hard for and important keepsakes..that really hurts too. I divided up my pictures from over the years between the girls and myself. I figured if one of us has a fire, we can get duplicates made of their pics to help fill that void. I even divided up our trohies and ribbons we won over the years so each of the girls had some, and keepsakes that I had from their grandparents I divided up already also....not that many, but each has a few things that were passed along. I figured I traveled a lot so divide them up and I didn't have to worry about them anymore. Some pics I had copies made so each would have the same picture...and put them in frames and gave them as valentines' day presents or easter or birthdays...made great gifts.

I am finally feeling more human today...wow...I do not like being down and out...but had no choice, had to ask for help to feed yesterday...good thing kids are fairly close....I don't like to ask for help and bother them, but I had to. I've already been out this morning to feed, so am definately doing better. ARK, you take care of yourself too! I know I'm a person that likes to care for my own animals like you do...but sometimes we just have to lay low and let others help out. So take it easy for a bit longer and get yourself all well!

have a great sunday y'all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2012   August  2012 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 2012
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next