Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2020

Go down 
+2
Ellen E
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 12:15 am

JULY 2020

July 2020 18671010
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 8:22 am

What a great picture! Love both of them.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 10:39 am

Awwwwwww. That's darling.............we need cute and loving.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 2:39 pm

There was a blue lives matter rally yesterday in boise and a group we have joined called no riots in idaho...were there...wish we could have been...but we dont move like we use to...im not sure what the motorcycle groups club names were....but they along with citizens armed kept the peace. Four of blm people started pushing around an older couple...lady using a walker....now that didnt go over well....they were picked up and literally handed over hand over heads right out of the crowd and the motorcycle clubs formed a barrier and those four couldnt get back into the mass of people. We older members can do food runs and keep water going unless we want to be in the thick of it....being on side lines is ok with me...but we are still armed. What would we do without the police to help when we need them. It would go back to being range wars.
I really thought those 4 hoodlums were very brave taking on an old couple like that....knocking the walker out of her hands. Grrrrrrrrr.
I hope this settles down before we start traveling. Last night I25 was shut down by protesters....come on. It has to stop. I think this group can protest...but not destroy property...injure or kill...loot...im afraid i may not be able to get my truck and trailer stopped in time. I would be in fear of my life if i did.
Ok off my soap box.
Just wanted to let yas know what ive been up to

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 4:46 pm

CB, I think most people agree with you. Protesting is okay. Rioting, destroying, terrorizing is NOT.
I saw that some people from Seattle are moving to Boise. One guy is moving his business to Texas or Arizona.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 pm

Those are cute photos, aren't they? Very Happy I liked them, too.

GRAYMARE:
I heard the virus is really getting bad in AZ. Any news from your area? I hope you and TL are safe!!

I was at a doctor's appointment in the local hospital today and I asked the nurse how many cases of the coronavirus were in that hospital. She said she didn't think there were any, although the hospital's system which covers the Roanoke region, too, has about 30 or so cases hospitalized. There are other cases, just not bad enough yet to be in the hospital. That's good news for our area, but I suspect things are going to get much worse. Lots of people running around without masks despite the governor's mandate that they be worn in public. I cannot understand why those people are willing to risk everything like that.

ELLEN:
Are they going to have fireworks over your lake this weekend? It's going to be hot here, no rain in sight. Luckily we don't have to worry about making hay for awhile, so the weather can do what it wants! Very Happy (Like we can change it!)

CB:
How's your poor mouth healing?

Barring problems, I am going riding on Ivan at Pandapas this Friday morning! Between making hay, rain, more rain, and sloppy trails, I haven't been riding at the park since June 3rd. Hopefully things will get better now. I was supposed to go yesterday, but caught a little stomach bug and didn't want to become a spectacle, so didn't go. I'm well now. Very Happy We will go riding on Friday!

wavy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 8:59 am

There will be fireworks across the lake on Saturday evening. The guy who does them has always paid for all of it himself, but this year he started a go fund me page and was able to recoup all of his expenses. I'm sure there will be lots and lots and lots of boats and pontoons out on the lake, from all the lakes in this chain.

I was supposed to have a couple of gals here for the weekend, but their plans fell apart, so one of my cousins and his family will be here for the day on Saturday.

Our county fair has been cancelled for this year, but one of the food vendors is having drive through fair food at the fairgrounds today. Five of us are going to go see how much non-healthful food we can consume. ROFL We'll pick up our food, then go find a park in which to eat it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 11:03 am

Ark...i was doing pretty good...but yesterday i was swollen up loke a cjipmunk...inside of my cheek is puffed and it hurts the whole side of my face...so back to dentist this morning so i can get more antibiotics....im low in spirits right now. Going on 4 months with pain and discomfort.i know there are others worse off...i shouldnt bellyache....but affraid rake
Wish me luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2020 3:47 pm

This video show what we can do when we're 80. It's really a nice show.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nr9KrqN_lIg
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptySat Jul 04, 2020 10:03 pm

A cousin and his family came up today.  He and his older son rode up on their crotch rockets while his wife and younger son were in the car.  We swam for two or three hours, then came to the house to drip dry before ordering a pizza.  
Cousin and younger son "tested" the jet ski and declared it good.  LOL  
They just left for home.

All the boats and pontoons are gathering in the lake for the fireworks that will start in about an hour.  Everybody on the lake is already in a party mode and it is rather noisy.  
It was really hot earlier, but a quick summer rain came through and cooled things off, so it will be a great evening for a 4th of July party on the lake.

i have neighbors who have a son who plays trumpet professionally. He just stood on the end of their dock and played 'America the Beautiful'. All those people out on the lake who were being noisy quieted in an amazingly short time and gave him good cheers. It was sooooo cool!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptySun Jul 05, 2020 11:34 pm

ELLEN:
I saw that video the other day, and have it saved so Donnie can watch it. Wow, that guy's talent is amazing!

We didn't go anywhere to see fireworks, but saw plenty from my barn. We were surrounded by three good sized displays, and could see and hear the reflections off the clouds from the town of Radford's show. It was kind of like Armageddon. I was in the barn area with the horses while Donnie was with the dog in the house. The horses did fairly well. Daisy and Ivan were concerned and nervous, but didn't run or freak out. Areion did the best, she just ate hay and watched the show. She was the one I thought would be most nervous, but nope. The dog was stuck to Donnie like glue. We survived it. Rolling Eyes

I had a nice ride with Ivan on Friday at Pandapas Pond Park. He was very good even though he had plenty of energy. It was really hot, but not too bad under the trees. I rode with three ladies, all had geldings.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday!

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 6:49 am

Happy heat wave.  WHEW it is HOT here in PA.  In the middle of a heat wave.  Thank God for A/C.  George & Ace struggle with their breathing in the high humidity.

Our 4th was quiet except for the crazy neighbors.  3 nights of fireworks and me sleeping on the couch next to Ace.  His fear of fireworks is overwhelming.  I'm afraid to give him and tranqs since his breathing is already labored.  George says it's me that causes Ace to be nervous, I'm anxious cause George is anxious (combat wounded) that in turn makes Ace anxious.  It's a lose lose situation.
PTSD all around in this house.

I had my checkup after the eye surgery yesterday.  All is well.  I didn't need to get new glasses.  HOORAAAYY

Today is my hair cut day.  I've been counting down the hours and holding my breath that crazy Wolf doesn't lock down the hair salons again before I get there at 9:30.  I'll look like my old young self again.  ClappingHands I'm going to wash that gray right outta my hair.  Gray hair and freckles just don't go well together. ROFL

My freind Karen is on hospice care.  So sad for her and Rick.  He brought her to church on Sunday.  Her balance is really bad, she has been falling a lot and is starting to hallucinate things that aren't there.  The cancer is attacking the nervous system in her brain.  Rick was here on Saturday and was crying.  

ARK: Your trail ride sounded like a good one.

CB:  praying for your teeth issue.  Mouth pain is the worst, it overwhelms.

ELLEN: Your July 4th sounded like a whole lot of fun.  The trumpet player was the icing on the cake.

GRAYMARE:  How hot it is in AZ?  

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 11:19 pm

Trudy...i hope your friend has good days for awhile.

Well here we are in nv...second blowout so we are in the little town alamo where harry was life flughted to vegas 17 months ago. Yep same lil podunk town. We are camped in the only rv park....lil store...tire shop...chesters chicken in the store....post iffice...fas pumps..thats it. Having tires delivered from vegas tomorrow.
We are fine...in the park...safe...with ac....it was 100 today. My bidy feels like its a wrung out sponge....and then i drink and drink....
Hope everyone is ok.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 4:43 am

Trudy, our heat & monsoon season is here, highs about 110...........my SIL said her area is hot & humid about 98 with
very high humidity..........in northern IL. Prayers continue for Karen and that she's comfortable.

CB, glad you're safe and both well.........hang in there.

We're just swimming and going to PT...............it's all good so far.

hug hug hug

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyWed Jul 08, 2020 11:21 am

It's been really hot here too. We've had a lot of 90° days. If I want to do anything outside, it has to be done in the mornings. I think we'll get a few days of relief starting on Friday before it goes back up again.
After a busy boat week last week, this week is much quieter. Yesterday morning, I took a ride and mostly had the lake to myself. There were a few fishermen out, but no other high speed boats or jet skis. Very Happy I love it like that.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 6:38 pm

Hot here, about 90 degrees and humid all week and will be next week. I haven't ridden Ivan, but did give Areion a much needed bath yesterday. She looked so pretty..... until she took a nap in some poop overnight. Oh, well. She enjoyed her bath and her mane and tail look really nice. Daisy gets the next bath, then probably Trinket. Ivan doesn't care if he ever gets another bath, he is anti-water for the most part. He got a mane and tail bath last week and a rinse after our ride, so at least part of him looks nice. Areion is easy to give a bath to, she enjoys it and gets treats for doing things like turning on the forehand so I can get to the other side. Trinket puts up with anything, so she is easy. Cactus Jack thinks water will melt him like the Wicked Witch of the West and has never in his life had a full bath. He only got used to flyspray this past year. He will be 23 years old on July 16th, so I suspect bathing will never be conquered. He does like to be brushed, though.

After all the rain we had before we baled our lower field and didn't think it would ever stop, we could actually use some rain now. It's a bit dry. There is a thunderstorm floating nearby right now, maybe we will get a little.

Yesterday after Areion's bath, I was trying to get her dried out before letting her loose in the barnlot, where she would probably roll in the dirt. So I collected Ivan and Daisy and had them moving around the arena for awhile. Daisy gets tired fast, so she went to stand in her corner pretty quick. Ivan and Areion were moving around really nice together at my direction, so I walked to the far end of the arena and beckoned them to follow me from where they were standing at the front of the arena. Ivan came charging up (he knows what he gets treats for), then Areion trotted up to me, too, from across the arena. I turned around, told them to trot beside me back to the gate. Ivan got on my left, Areion got on my right and we trotted across the entire arena. I said whoa, slammed on my brakes and all three of us stopped instantly together. They did it so well, and did it together! I was proud of them.....and gave treats to them all. Drool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2020 6:57 pm

Made it to n. M. Only time we were out if our truck or rv was to use gas pumps or walk dogs....were never within 6 feet if anyone. Stayed to ourselves and in our rv.
This campground is chock full of campers tho. Near elephant butte lake and atv trails.
Tired and hot.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 12:04 am

Ditto, CB.....................112 here late this afternoon.

affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 1:11 pm

The deck is DONE, and it is beautiful. It has enough stain and water protection to last at least a couple of years. The coating is still a bit damp, so I'll get pictures when it's completely dry to walk on.

We have had a break of a few days from the heat and humidity. It will be back later in the week, but I'm sure enjoying the gorgeous days now.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 9:53 pm

I'll bet you're glad that's done, ELLEN...................It's always good when a project is complete........Now you can rest and enjoy your
summer............how's your weather?

It's hot here in the afternoon, but that's Arizona............The sun is over the trees so shade is present. The neighborhood
cats are gathering for a place to gather for the night.........it varies from day to day as to how many are around.

The horses are gorgeous eating the grass..........of course, I'm prejudiced!

Everyone have a great evening.................
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 10:19 pm

ELLEN:
Hurray for finishing your deck! Now come do our arena fence and hayshed! We are going to have to get that done before winter. Now we need pix of your deck. And maybe the lake.... The nice, cool lake.....

GRAYMARE:
Yikes. AZ is really hot. I don't know how you stand that heat. It was about 88 degrees here today, but felt better than before because the humidity wasn't too bad. We had a big thunderstorm overnight, lots of lightning, but it felt good afterward.
How is your neighborhood doing with the virus? I keep seeing AZ on the news about it.

We had a stray dog show up today. I think he is a pitbull cross, but is fairly small and very friendly. The neighborhood is trying to find out where he belongs, no one has seen him before, but he is well fed and healthy. He came into our barnlot while we were working at the barn. The horses mostly ignored him, Cactus Jack tried to kill him. Then Daisy went after him. I had to lock Cactus up until we could get the dog out of the field. There is no tying the dog up, he slipped right out of a collar I put on him and then out of a rope we tied around his neck. His head is smaller than his neck. He tried to get into our house, scared the daylights out of our cats, and is very apparently someone's dog. I hope someone takes him home, I hate to see him go to the pound, but we won't keep him. The neighbors are working on it.

I am going riding at Pandapas Pond tomorrow!! I hope Ivan is in a great mood. He has been so good that last few times we have gone, I hate to break that streak! It's been too hot to ride much.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 1:16 pm

ARK, We are doing well in the hood so far................our state of Covid 19 is terrible. We opened way too soon.............
Now each city requires masks..........the governor is ignorant to the horrible problem. Fortunately, in our hood
the citizens are very responsible and careful..........

So far, so good.

I hope you find a home for the dog..............
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 11:51 pm

Ivan was in a very good mood today.  He seems to be continuing his streak of very good behavior and attitude that he has had all summer.  I rode with just one person today for a bit over 6 miles.  It was so nice and cool under the trees.  The cicadas are all gone, no noise from them.   I guess they will be back in 17 years.  

As we were on our way back to the trailers, about a mile and a half out,  Ivan chipped a back hoof.  He let me know by hopping a bit.  I got off to check his feet and he stood like a statue while I worked on it, even though I wasn't holding his reins.  I tore off the flapping chip and Ivan seemed happier and didn't hop anymore.  The farrier is coming next week and Ivan's rear feet are a little long.  Donnie had rasped his fronts and we put on boots, but we didn't put boots on his rear feet.  I guess we will do that next time.  Ivan got home, rolled around a bit, and ran off to have some grass.  He is fine.

July 2020 Ivanto10
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2020 5:40 am

ARK:  Love seeing the photos of you & Ivan on your trail rides.  Hope you find a home for the dog. I HATE people who throw animals away. Someone just threw a cat with kittens out here last week. Just what we need more cats that we can't catch.

ELLEN:  Congrats on getting the deck finished.  Great job. 

Our weather has calmed down, the heat has moved away and cooler air has moved in for a few days.  I'm out on the patio this morning and it's 63 with low humidity.

There was a deer out in the yard snorting just now.  Ace answered him/her with a good morning woof.  

We have been busy planning a celebration of life for our freind Karen before she passes away.  This Friday we are having a small BBQ in her honor on the farm.  Probably about 15 people.  The cancer is really attacking her and her time is short.  We are still praying for a miracle.  She is at peace knowing she will be reunited with her son Zach who was killed in Iraq in 2005.  Her faith is so strong.

The virus has slowed down here in our county although we had a guy in our Purple Heart chapter than had it, was hospitalized and is now home and fine.  No one in his family caught it from him.  

Stay safe and healthy...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2020 10:53 am

Last week a neighbor couple got a baby Basset puppy. Looking for an excuse for a get together, another neighbor and I decided we should have a baby shower for the puppy. It was hot, so we had it in Kathie's garage, which is nicely air conditioned, and big enough to spread out. She got a cake and put pink streamers around the garage. I made ice cream.
Puppy owner arrived from across the street and started looking around. It was funny to see the light dawn on her that it was a baby shower. She went right back to get the puppy, who went right to work checking out everyone's shoe laces, untying some.
We talked and visited, ate ice cream and cake, and enjoyed one another's company for a couple of hours. The "shower" was a success and puppy went home with some new toys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

July 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: July 2020   July 2020 Empty

Back to top Go down

July 2020
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next