Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 2020

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

August  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2020   August  2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2020 1:29 pm

GRAYMARE:

We checked Daisy out this morning and she is moving, and eating, just fine. She really got off easy. She could have broken her neck on that breast bar or Areion could have freaked out and hurt her. Thankfully that didn't happen and the interior parts of the trailer are removable, so we could get Daisy up and out. The lesson for us is to make sure we give Daisy time to relieve herself out in the grass and not just load her up after being worked on at the vet's for over an hour. And get new mats. If we ever get a new trailer, we will make sure all the parts on the inside are easily removable. It isn't something I ever thought much about and we were just lucky this trailer is like that.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: August 2020   August  2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 6:28 am

Karen's celebration of life service went well.  About 75 people showed up at the church.  They had to keep bringing out more and more chairs.  The church didn't expect such a turn out.  People didn't realize how many people that wonderful lady touched during her life.  Her brother gave a beautiful eulogy and her son Zach's troop leader drove up from NC to speak also.  He brought the group to tears as he poured out his heart for her.  He was with Zach when he was killed in Iraq and he and Karen have become like mother & son.  Pastor Mike (who grew up with Zach) lead the service.  The service was live streamed for those who couldn't attend.  After the service about 50 people went to Rick's house for a meal, we finally got home about 7:30 and people were still there.  Thank God the horrific storm we had yesterday wasn't on Weds.

ARK:  That was a scary experience for you and the horses.  Those darn slippery mats.  Glad Daisy is OK.  Good thing she wasn't tied.  And what a wonderful thing Areion did by not freaking out and hurting her.  Animals are amazing.

We are decompressing for a couple days trying to relax and regroup after the stress filled week.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2020   August  2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 7:23 pm

That sucking sound you are hearing from northern Indiana is the grass slurping up the 22 drops of rain we got this afternoon. That was a nice start, but we could use more. It is leading the way for some cooler days.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: August 2020   August  2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 7:30 pm

Friend and i went on a scouting expedition...we almost hit a big bear! What a sight to see...he stood up and towered over my bitty car! Fun trip.

Ark...glad your gal was ok.

Trudy...your friend was cherished by many.

Ellen...wind is blowing but no rain so far

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2020   August  2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2020 9:49 pm

TRUDY:
I bet you all are exhausted. Take good care of you and George and Ace! That sounds like Karen was a much loved woman.

ELLEN:
I would send you some rain if I could. We get so much we can't get our hay cut and baled. The hurricane remnants are supposed to come thru here during the night and early morning, but be gone by lunch time. At least it isn't going to hang around long. We need a nice high pressure cell to sit on top of us for awhile and dry out the hay.

CB:
affraid Yikes! No bears for me, thanks! I guess you didn't get out of your car and give him a bear hug.... Very Happy

We hauled Ivan to Pandapas Pond Park today. He was wearing his obnoxiously neon yellow flysheet and I don't think he ever got bit by one of those monster horseflies. My friend's horse, a dark bay TB, was attacked repeatedly. We battled horseflies for her that arrived in a swarm off and on throughout the entire ride. I gave my friend one of those flysheets a couple of years ago, she has decided it is time to use it. I think it is the worst year for horseflies at the park that I can remember.

Ivan was good today. He likes to blaze the trail. He told me three times that there were bikes coming up behind us and never got upset over anything. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: August 2020   August  2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm

A few minutes ago, i had a little knock on the door. It was the first of the three little girls, followed closely by the other two and their mother. They all wanted to tell me about their vacation to Myrtle Beach. They had a GREAT time and I could hardly hear what they were saying since they all wanted to talk at the same time. It made me laugh to see their excitement and the fun of telling me about it. Very Happy
One of them (8 years) loved the go-karts, the second one (6 years) got a hole in one at the mini golf and lost one of her front teeth and the tooth fairy found her all that way from home, and the youngest (3) jumped in the pool on her own and slid down a big circular slide.
Mom and Dad went parasailing, and Dad did the big sling shot ride. I guess that's how you celebrate a 10th anniversary.
In short, a good time was had by all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: August 2020   August  2020 - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 11:31 am

ELLEN:
Those little girls have sure grown up fast! They really had a nice vacation, that's great!

Time to change the calendar:

Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t109-september-2020#12840

or to Basket and then September 2020.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August 2020   August  2020 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 2020
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3