Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

APRIL 2021

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 12:59 am

APRIL 2021

APRIL 2021 Dust-b10

(I bet you think I'm kidding.... jocolor )

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 1:03 am

Happy April Fool's Day!

No jokes again this year, but things are definitely looking up over last year! Next year we will have jokes again!!! :dance:

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 5:05 am

Our wearher ia getting hotter at 90.............. Shocked Shocked Shocked

ELLEN, glad your eyes are done.............

Just checking in................. :dance:

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 10:44 am

Good grief. It's SNOWING! Not much. Just enough to remind us that winter is not giving up without a fight.

I went for my follow-up appointment this morning. All is well. Since it has only been just over 16 hours, my eye is just now getting over being dilated, and is still a little swollen. The vision will improve over the next couple of days.
I chose mono vision, so last week was the distance eye, which is 20-20 now. This one is the near vision eye.
Ark, I was very interested to see how much whiter the color white really is.
So far, I am a very happy camper and glad to have it done and over with.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 2:35 pm

I can relate to the Easter (dust) Bunnies.

I've heard about March coming in like a Lion goes out like a Lamb or maybe that's vice versa? March didn't do either this year. It came in OK and went out OK. At least OK for March in Indiana. We had a spit of snow last night and a few flakes today, but the sun is out and melted it all. Best way to describe is is EH.

Us talking about Smokey must have triggered the coincidence gods because I got an e-mail from his current partner yesterday. While he is not officially retired yet, he is no longer used on a daily basis. He is currently on Long Island in New York, but will be returned to VA when he is officially retired. Where exactly he is going remains unknown as his original partner has requested he be retired with her. I made sure his current partner knows that if that doesn't work out he is always welcome to come back to Indiana.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 3:36 pm

Indy, that's a neat story that Smokey's original partner wants him. I hope she gets him; she obviously cares about him.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 9:08 am

Happy Easter to all.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 10:55 am

Yes. Happy Easter to ALL...................

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 11:42 am

APRIL 2021 16353710

Happy Easter!!  

I seem to be having a Peep inspired year..... albino

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 12:27 am

I wonder if the yellow peeps taste better than the pinks.  Then I wonder if dragons can even tell
the difference because I think they are both the same.  Of course, a dragon may be able to taste
in a more eloquent fashion.  They might have more taste buds because of their huge mouths.Maybe
dragon breath is a sweeter expression than I ever thought.

We need some expertise and research on the subject.  In the meantime, up with peeps..........

hug hug hug

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 4:10 pm

I hope you all had a Happy Easter! I haven't eaten a peep in years so I can't help with the pink vs yellow debate. All I can remember about eating peeps is the amount of sugar in one was enough for me. The weather all week end was all inspiring for the Holiday... Glorious.

I always consider myself doing good if I'm productive on either day of the weekend. I'm rarely productive on both days. I was productive four days straight, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and this morning. It must have been because of my Rejoicing in Him that He gave me extra motivation. Friday I got some big items loaded on the trailer and taken to the scrap yard, Saturday I went to my brother's with my little farm tractor and was able to move his raised garden frame. I didn't really think it would work, but it did. He even had a couple of friends there that were able to help so it didn't take any time at all. Sunday I pulled up some volunteer trees and cut down a couple that were too big for me to pull up. And this morning the tree guys came to grind up all the tree limbs that came down earlier in the year in an ice storm along with the ones I did on Sunday. It was amazing to watch them work. I know how many hours I worked to get what I did in piles before I gave up and got a hold of them. It took them 2.5 hours total to clean up what I had in piles plus all that I did not. Well worth the cost. The horses were all locked in the round pen so the workers could move freely without worrying about leaving gates open. They were sort of interested in the big noisy tree eating machine for about a minute. Then when they couldn't con any of the guys to come over and pet them or give them treats they went back to eating their hay. Ho Hum.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 7:47 pm

Yesterday morning, I made the traditional sugar cream pie, packed a night shirt, and headed for my cousins in Ohio. I hadn't seem most of them since a year ago last Christmas. It was sooo good to see them and be with family. It was my job to do the pre-dinner prayer. I was just barely able to squeak out the words to thank God for ALL of us being there.
Then we all loaded up on all the good food that was there. If anybody left hungry it was their own fault. We visited and caught up on family news and gossip for the rest of the afternoon. I stayed overnight, and went to breakfast with them this morning.
It was a VERY GOOD two days.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 1:59 pm

GRAYMARE:
Whatever that monster eating the peeps is (Godzilla, dinosaur, dragon??), he seems to have a preference for yellow peeps.  Now it  could be that yellow peeps are easier to catch, being as they aren't as smart as the pink peeps.  Or there are more yellow peeps to start with and the odds are against them.   Or it could be that pink peeps just taste bad to the hungry beast and he prefers the sweet stickiness of the yellow peeps.  Anyway, he is welcome to my share of peeps!  They, along with those marshmallow orange-puffed  nasty candies in the fall, make my teeth cringe and my tastebuds scream for chocolate.  If a calorie is going to make me fat, it should at least taste good!

INDYAPP:
 Congrats on getting your brush and tree limbs taken care of!  We have 4 brush piles to burn if the weather ever cooperates while we are in the mood.  I never thought about getting a machine to munch them up.  

ELLEN:
 I am glad your clan could get together again!  It has been a long year.....

I had a very nice trail ride on Ivan yesterday at Pandapas Pond Park.  Ivan was in a very good mood.  We went on a loose rein most of the way, only having to tighten it to keep him from getting too close when we were behind another horse.  He doesn't like horses on his tail, but doesn't mind being on theirs.  The weather was a perfect 73 degrees and there weren't too many bikes and hikers sharing the trail.  I love this time of year when the weather is warm, things are greening up, and there are no bugs.   Very Happy

Today is Areion's 12th birthday!!   Sweet baby, sweet mare....

Happy Birthday,  BEECH!!!
It's her birthday, too!  :dance:
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 7:29 pm

Ark, I agree with you on those orange Halloween candies. I guess somebody likes them since they keep making them, but I wouldn't eat any candy at all if that's all there was.
Quite a few years ago, I knew of a junior high aged girl who ate a whole box of Peeps on the way to a soccer game. She did NOT play well. She just about "tossed" her peeps.

Now, for something marshmallow that is good... Use two Fudge Stripe cookies, toast a marshmallow and put it between the chocolate side of the cookies. A lot easier to do, and a lot better than s'mores with graham crackers and a Hershey bar.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 11:37 am

EWWWWWWWWW I hate those peeps.  Any color.  YUCK...George on the other hand loves them for some reason.  I only want chocolate in my Easter basket all the other candy just takes up space.I could hardly wait to wake up on Easter morning so I could eat chocolate and have creamer in my coffee, I always give up my 2 favorite items for the 40 days of Lent.  My freind Sharon woke up at 2 AM and went down to her kitchen and ate some chocolate.  She is much crazier than I am.  LOL  I at least waited until 5 AM.  

It's spring here in PA, the flowers are blooming and George has already been mowing the grass.  I swear he sits and watches it grow a inch and he is on that mower.  HAHAHAHA

Rick came over and plowed up the garden (the one we were not having this year), Josh moved the fence and Larry brought over a spreader of cow poop so we who were NOT having a garden are getting ready to plant a garden.

Our Easter was quiet.  Just me, George and Ace for dinner.  It worked out OK for me, just a little cooking and clean up this year.  Ace was happy, more leftovers for him.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 12:43 pm

The little Cadbury chocolate Easter eggs, the ones with the shell covers are THE BEST, and on sale 50% off now. Yummm.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 2:36 pm

One of my neighbors used to live near Shipshewana and knows all the good out-of-the-way places. This morning, she took me with her to get a special string apple pie from a little out-in-the-country bakery. The apples are cut into strings instead of slices. Then we went to the place where they make the noodles, and all kinds of other goodies. All kinds of fruit jams, honey, and lots of other stuff. The next stop was a sort of grocery store, rather like a small version of Sam's Club; pork tenderloin for $1.50 and Ghirardelli candy for $2.
Lunch was at the flea market diner; meatloaf and mashed potatoes. The last stop was E&S for a few bulk items that are better and cheaper than most grocery stores.
As we drove by some of the Amish farms there were some new foals, which I always love to see.
The weather is good, so it was an all around nice morning.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 6:10 am

I order this special chocolate from a little store that is located back around Pittsburgh, they have been making the best chocolate since I was a little kid. Always received Gene N Boots chocolate in my Easter basket it was a real treat then and still is in my Easter basket every year.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 12:07 am

I'm feeling chincey since I just eat Hershey bars with almonds. We receive specialty chocolates from the
kids for holidays etc............and appreciate them but plain old Hersheys is still good with me.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 9:16 am

Recently, I was standing in the grocery check out lane and a Three Musketeers bar just jumped into my cart. I hadn't had a candy bar in probably a year. I enjoyed every bite.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 10:54 pm

Your candy stories are killing me. I am sitting here having an Altoid peppermint. We are on a low carb diet.....sob....It's still better than those orange marshmallow peanut shaped "candies". I saw some at the store the other day, I can't believe they stay in business with all the great candy out there in the world.

I mowed our yard today, first time this year. It looks nice. Donnie chainsawed bushes and small trees that had grown up where they weren't wanted. Busy day.

We are off to Pandapas Pond Park tomorrow with Ivan! Hope he is in a good mood. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 6:16 pm

Well, today was a good one, so far. I irrigated this morning and it turned out well.

The boys are in and mad as they like being out on grass..........oh well.

Going to have a powdered sugar cookie, after all, I deserve it...............

Have a good afternoon everyone.............

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 7:00 pm

Yummmmm.....cookies.... Drool

Our ride went well. Ivan was VERY forward for the start of the ride, but after about a mile, he settled into a nice pace. The wind was blowing pretty hard and it was in the 60s, so Ivan was ready to rock and roll there for awhile. He got better. Truthfully, I'd rather have a horse who wants to go than one I have to push. My friend's horse has soooo much more whoa than go. Poor Ivan has to accommodate him. It is probably a good lesson in patience for Ivan.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 9:53 pm

Ark, I was just coming on to find out how your ride went. Glad to hear you had a good time.
I'm with you on liking a horse that wants to go forward.

Today, I charged the tractor battery, and Travis changed the spark plugs in it and the walk-behind.
With sections of pier lying all over my lower yard waiting for paint (on Friday) there isn't much mowing space. The grass isn't that tall yet, so it will wait.
My tulips 🌷 are getting serious about blooming. New ones were planted last fall so I'm curious to see how they look.

It's going to be a good week to get a few things done. 😊
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 10:00 am

I just got off the phone from spending money. Some people splurge and buy themselves clothes, or shoes, or jewelry. Me? I buy a 3 point hitch landscaping rake to attach to the tractor. Hopefully this is going to make my life much easier gathering up the smaller tree limbs and breaking up piles of horse poop in the pastures. I started looking at UTVs online last night and about had heart failure at the cost of those things. My ideal one would be one that is kind of like a golf cart with a little dump bed on it. The used ones I saw cost more than the used car Bill bought 2 years ago. I don't think I'll be buying one of those anytime soon.

ARK I think it would be fun to take Tiberius on a ride with Ivan. They sound so much alike. Two teenage boys ready to rock n roll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

APRIL 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2021   APRIL 2021 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2021
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next