Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JUNE 2021

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Graymare

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 5:53 pm

I met with a friend yesterday that now has blue & purple hair. I couldn't believe it. Her husband died a few years ago
and she also has a tattoo in a heart with his name on it. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't believe it.
How people change. She's still a really good friend just time has changed her. She said she is going to buy a cabin.
I asked her who would help her take care of it. She, of course, said "I will". Her children are married and out
of state. I got up the nerve and asked her if she had a boyfriend.........she said "sort of". I then asked her
if it was serious and she said,"I think so". We then chatted about that and I told her to not think about
marrying him...........I don't know where it will all lead but she did say "if I get married, I will have two
of the same tattoos, one on each arm." She's 74. It all sounds too fishy for me.

It's not so hot today and rain is predicted for tonight. Boy, Seattle is sure burning up..........as is the Northwest
in general. Our weather has made a drastic change.

More later.............

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 6:24 pm

Graymare, you are right to be suspicious.  Years ago, one of our teachers had been "an old maid kindergarten teacher" for more than 30 years.  Suddenly, she had a boyfriend.  He started out being nice to her, and then proceeded to take as much as he could get before she finally told him to get lost.  
Maybe you can get your friend to pay for a background check on him.  It doesn't cost very much to do that, and it's easy to do.

This morning was hot and HUMID. This afternoon, a storm blew through and took the heat out with it. The next few days should be a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 6:58 pm

ELLEN, I. mentioned a background check. She looked at me like I had four eyes. I did call
the blah blahs, and they said "he's a really nice guy"..................They all live in Scottsdale so
I won't really get dragged into it. BUT, it is just too fishy..........He's only lived out here for
a year. SO. I'm going to keep my nose out of it for now.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:16 pm

I hope she's right about him. I can understand how she would like having somebody around to share life.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 11:27 pm

I just saw an ad on TV.......marshmellows with chocolate in them..............I think they were called
Puffs with chocolate. Not sure but I will find them.............

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: !!!   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 10:55 am

I just love 93% humidity.  NOT!!!

Two and a half hours later: It is POURING!!!! It was raining so hard I couldn't see across the lake. Then, it paused, took a breath and hit again. According to the radar, it's going to do that for the next three hours.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 5:40 pm

ELLEN, you can keep your rain. It's been overcast, hot, humid and otherwise uncomfortable today, but so far no rain.

I hope for the best for your friend GRAYMARE. Some women (and I suppose men too) just cannot live on their own and look for a mate. Sometimes it works out. Hopefully it will for her too. I never understand why some women feel they need to marry to feel complete. It's completely possible to have a long-term relationship and NOT be married.

I've had a head cold for 4 days now. I've been taking Tylenol Severe Cold and Flu tablets and they help. However, I'm having real trouble with words. I can't come up with them, nor do I know what they mean I'm blaming it on the decongestants. LOL. I've just watched a training webinar that I have no idea why I need this information they were training me for. It sound like a lot of blah, blah, blah, BIG Buzz Word, blah, blah, blah. Acronym (that I can't figure out what it stands for) blah, blah, blah. Go TEAM! ???
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 8:31 pm

Ellen and Indy...............send rain!!!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 9:22 pm

Graymare, I wish we could send some of this water your direction. We had two big toad-stranglers today. The water level in the lake came up by at least 5 or 6 inches. Even though I had the jet ski cranked up almost as high as it would go, when waves came in it was bouncing. I got to it before it decided to go wandering around. Cranked it up another couple of inches to the maximum, and then tied it to the lift again. Unless the water recedes a little bit overnight, I'll probably be down there tomorrow tying the dock to the support posts and crossbars.
IF the weather forecast is right, we MIGHT be done with rain for a few days. I HOPE.

Indy, I'm sorry about your cold. I hope you can get it gone FAST. It probably won't help now, but as soon as I think I might be getting a cold, I start taking Zi-Cam. I've headed off a few colds that way.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 3:33 pm

INDYAPP:
 Sorry about your cold.  One of the few nice things about wearing masks this year is that neither of us got a cold or flu.  Hope you recover quickly!

ELLEN:
 We are in the middle of a thunderstorm as I type this (2:30 pm).  We need the rain, it has been hot and muggy, but not much rain here for a few days.  My horses are all standing out in it, of course.  

GRAYMARE:
 Those sound like tasty marshmallows!  
 So how did her blue and purple hair look on her?  Did she get a good dye, or is it a hot mess.  I have seen both lately.  I hope she has found the new love of her life, and not a scam artist.

Happy July 1st, Canada!

Time to change the calendar.  Go to:  https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t119-july-2021#13584
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2021   JUNE 2021 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

JUNE 2021
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4