Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JANUARY 2022

Go down 
+3
Beech
Ellen E
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

JANUARY 2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2022   JANUARY 2022 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 9:30 pm

Yesterday, a cousin and her husband came up for the day. We had a nice lunch at a local place and the conversation wandered into furniture. They are redecorating and remodeling their house. I've been needing to get a new sofa for quite a while. The one I have is 13 years old and has not held up well. So, I suggested that we go furniture shopping.
Off we went to a really nice store in town. We had a really fun time. Cousin's husband can be really funny at times, and between he and the salesman, we had some good laughs. Ultimately, I did choose a new sofa. The floor model is a very dark leather and I'd like a little bit lighter color. They have one in shipment, but who knows how long that will take. It has power recliners on each end that lay down nearly flat. It won't surprise me if I find myself waking up in the morning with the TV still on, having spent the night there after falling asleep.

We've had two really pretty sunny days, but still cold. It's supposed to be about 40° on Wednesday, but snow will come with that.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2022   JANUARY 2022 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 10:29 am

Like ELLEN, no more snow here. It's suppose to warm up and rain, and then snow. If we get the rain it will be a frozen mess around here.

Friday evening had a fun little experience. The kiddos were over for a while and where sitting at the table eating dinner when a deer wandered into the front yard. The kiddos were able to see it out the picture window. The deer wandered out of sight. A few minutes later the deer came back into sight but it was much closer as it was following the path I snow blow around the house. It stopped and looked in the window at the kiddos and they were really excited about how close it was. The deer then continued down the path and then out of sight.

ELLEN, congrats on the new couch. Let the waiting begin. Smile

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2022   JANUARY 2022 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 8:53 pm

Indy, it looks like we are going to have a bigger snow this time. According to the forecast, it will rain and then start snowing after midnight tomorrow night.
I plan to do any necessary running around tomorrow so I can sit here and watch the snow. And then watch Travis play on the snowmobiles. He gave them a short test run this evening. (He has three of them.)
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2022   JANUARY 2022 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 10:07 am

ELLEN that sounds like our forecast too. I just wish we could skip the rain part. It's been sunny enough the last couple of days that the snow we do have is melting, but the ground is frozen so it has no where to go and the puddles freeze. With the added rain, it's going to be one giant skating rink. Oh, well. That's winter in Northern Indiana.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2022   JANUARY 2022 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 10:25 am

I am well supplied with everything I need, so I will be able to just hunker down and wait it out. They are predicting 11 inches of snow. With that much snow, the snowplows won't get here very soon. They'll be busy doing the main roads.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2022   JANUARY 2022 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 12:20 pm

TRUDY:
I hope your family is doing okay.

ELLEN:
New sofa!! Congrats! ClappingHands We will need pix, of course. I couldn't have leather....for obvious four footed reasons....

INDYAPP:
I bet the kids loved seeing that deer! I have always liked deer, one of my favorite creatures. At our old house, we lived in the woods. Once I looked out the window and there was a buck looking in the window back at me. I just about jumped out of my socks! Very Happy

GRAYMARE:
Tell us some good weather news!! We didn't get the snow they predicted the other day, only got about a half inch. That was good news....

We have spent the week taking care of Kumquat, hauling horses to get trims, and having the pony farrier here. Poor Kumquat has had a very hard week, but we may be getting past it. She is finally starting to eat a bit on her own. We have been putting baby food into her mouth for days. This morning she has eaten some by herself. Finding something she likes has not been easy. Anyway, she has kept us on pins and needles all week. Poor kitty.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2022   JANUARY 2022 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2022 12:28 pm

Time to change the calendar:

Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t127-february-2022#14077

Or to Basket, then click on February 2022

January is done. :dance:
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JANUARY 2022   JANUARY 2022 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

JANUARY 2022
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4