Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JULY 2022

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 6:21 pm

July 2022 !

JULY 2022 Fergus10

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 6:41 pm

And Happy Birthday, CANADA!!

Ivan and I are up to 77 miles in our quest to do 100 miles in 100 days Virtual Tevis Cup challenge ride.  We went on a 5 mile trail ride yesterday, which helped the numbers a lot.  It was fairly warm, 85, and Ivan was so mellow that I wondered whose horse I was riding.  The only bad thing was the deer flies that would occasionally swarm Ivan.  I had him wearing his anti-irratating fly outfit and that helped considerably.  A flywhisk helped, too.  We looked like a mobile caution sign in our bright yellow, but were fairly comfortable.  The two horses we went with were both friends of Ivan's and I am sure that was helpful with his attitude, too.  One is the old guy who was thought to be retired, but made a remarkable recovery over the winter.  Boaz is incredibly slow and Ivan seems to know it and trys to keep from moving too far away from him.  Ivan can be sweet.

We gave Ivan a bath last night and he seemed to actually enjoy it!  Like I said, I wondered whose horse I had.... Wink

JULY 2022 Dianei15
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 7:33 pm

Ark, you're doing great. Keep up the good work.
And, thank you for keeping the board going.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 12:16 am

ARK, fireworks don't bother the horses......they aren't real near us any more.
Our city has now made it difficult to shoot them off..........as is a police violation with
helicopters flying over the house.

Everyone have a great evening..........

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 7:37 am

WOW it's July...where did June go? Happy July 4th (almost) everyone. Things have settled down (sort of) here in PA.  Dee is all moved and settled into her new apartment.  It's a nice senior citizen community and so far she likes it there.  The drama of the move is over.  HOORRAYYYY

ARK:  Congrats on the good job you and Ivan are doing, ride on for us horseless girls. Nope, we didn't plant a garden this year.  Too much work for us old folks. We actually took the entire fence down and gave it to our neighbor who is supplying us with fresh veggies in exchange for the fencing for her garden.  So far...she has brought us, lettuce, cukes and radishes..nothing like home grown veggies for salads.  Bev is young 62...she is retiring this month and has a lot of time on her hands.  

Another miracle for little Ashley.  She is HOME from the rehab center and back in her bedroom.  She was sitting on the patio and enjoying fresh country air for the first time in over 120 days of being hospitalized.  Praise God..

This will be the first July 4th I won't have to worry about Ace and the stupid fireworks.  Hard to believe he will be gone a year already on the 30th.  Now I just have to worry about George but I don't have to drug him, just turn the TV up.  Combat Vets and fireworks.  Not a good thing...we have 3 combat vets in this neighborhood. It rained last night so we won't have to worry too much about the idiot neighbor setting the woods on fire with his stupid fireworks.  

Have a safe and happy July 4th.  God Bless America the land of the Free...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 8:50 am

Last night the lake filled with boats and pontoons.... LOTS of them. The highlight of the evening was a neighbor's adult son standing on the end of their dock with his trumpet playing "God Bless America".
They were a little late getting started, about 10:10. Once things got going, there were lots of pretty colors and big booms. Then, I think the fire to set off the fireworks got a little out of control and I thought the party might end with the sinking of the barge. LOL So, the fireworks ended a little earlier than expected.
It was a nice party anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2022 10:10 am

It's a very quiet morning. Most of the celebrating happened Saturday night and a little bit Sunday night. My cousin and her friend left this morning. They have to work tomorrow. Her friend has a husband and three 28 year old horses, along with other assorted farm animals to tend to.
It's going to be HOT and HUMID today. Chances for rain every day for the next week, which is a good thing. We need the rain.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, USA!!!
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 3:07 pm

Hello all,

Where has the year gone?  The utility company came and took the guide wire down.    They decided it wasn't
needed after all. Shocked

I talked to the tractor people today and the bill to fix the brushhog is more than what I paid for it, but still less including what I paid for it than to buy a new one. I really got a good deal on the mower when I got it. Oh well. Since I am not mechanically inclined enough to fix it myself, (unlike someone who just fixed her tractor who shall remain nameless. Very Happy ) I will pay to get it back in running shape. Also, my new tractor is on the road from Atlanta and should be in Indiana soon. Hopefully they will have the mower fixed by the time the tractor gets there and they can deliver everything at once. Doing a happy dance here!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 5:30 pm

Indy, it looks like we might get enough rain this week so you'll have something to mow with your new and repaired equipment. Smile
It started raining here about 4 AM and didn't stop until after 11. You could almost hear the grass slurping it up.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2022 9:14 pm

Whew, the 4th is over............We had one one hundred year old at our bell ringing ceremony
up in Greer. I was so sorryI couldn't attend but it was filmed so it was like I was there.

INDY...........good going. Can't wait ti it all gets there..........

ELLEN, watch the grass grow........

ARK, only 23 more miles......You can do it.

Everyone have a good evening..........
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 9:52 pm

Well I guess everyone is busy......

I've seen on TV Ellen's area got strong rain and her grass is really nice & green. I hope you can
now mow again Ellen.......My SIL's grass is so thick it's hard to mow.

I'm assuming everyone is fine and just busy...............

Everyone have a good evening............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 10:55 pm

We have gotten quite a bit of rain in the last couple of days, although none today. The water level is up about 6 or 7 inches. Yesterday morning, I looked out and saw that the jet ski was floating off the lift. I got down there before it left town and rode it back on the lift and cranked it up higher.
We are supposed to get more rain tomorrow. I'll mow again on Saturday.

Indy, did your tractor make it here from Georgia yet?
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2022 9:48 am

The tractor is in Indiana, but the bucket got left behind. Tractor is going to stay at the store until the bucket arrives so all is delivered at once. Hopefully mower will be fixed by the time the bucket shows up so everything can be delivered at once. Currently waiting on parts for the mower. In the mean time the pasture continues to grow. Both the tractor and the mower will get a good work out by the time they get here. With my work schedule probably won't be until next weekend at the earliest now.

The neighbors finished moving out last night. They had a few bigger items that wouldn't fit in their vehicles and camper that we brought over to my place until they get back to pick them up. Also ended up with a few totes and big boxes of last minute small stuff that we ended up stowing in the horse trailer. It will be safe and dry until they get organized. They are building a 'barnomidium" and will be living in a little camper until it is finished. I'm not sure where they will put themselves with all the stuff they have packed in the camper that she feels they need. I think a lot of it will end up in their storage unit before too long. Ended up helping them for about 3 hours and got to meet the new neighbors who came to get the keys. I wish them luck. They have been great neighbors.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySat Jul 09, 2022 12:58 pm

INDYAPP:
Sorry your great neighbors moved away. That's always sad. I am not sure I would like living over my barn. I wish it was closer to the house, 300 feet away, but having spent some time waiting on babies to be born and living in the loft for up to 9 days, I find a separate house a bit quieter. My goats used to drive me crazy with their collar bells ringing all night. Very Happy I used to know a couple who had llamas that built their home in the barn loft. Llamas have a strange urine smell that floated up to their apartment..... I guess you can get used to it, though.

GRAYMARE:
Yep, been busy. ThunderPuff has a bladder issue going on and we spent some time at the Vet School hospital. He seems better, but getting his prescription diet has been a pain. Rolling Eyes I am still fixated on getting that 100 miles done and the weather hasn't helped. It's been very hot and we've had a lot of thunderstorms nearly every day. I have a week left to get 12 more miles done. Yesterday I hand walked Ivan for 2 miles in the arena. Riding is much more fun, but being a higher target for lightning didn't seem to good of an idea. The storm was nearby, but not on us. It finally went south. Ivan has been spooky in the late afternoons, so I hand walked him a mile the other day, he was good, then got on him for the second mile. The new neighbors decided that was a good time to burn a brush pile....sigh.....I ended up walking half of that mile, too. The new neighbor's father is living with them right now and he walks around their back yard, which ajoins our fence. Ivan thinks he is a bear or something. The last 10 miles have been rough. My riding partners are either sick, having surgery, or don't want to get a little too warm, so I haven't had anyone to ride with lately. Rolling Eyes

ELLEN:
I am glad your jetski didn't make its escape!!! Do you have your name painted on it?

TRUDY:
We played our tv a bit loud on the Fourth and our dog, Shadow, didn't seem to have the same problems with the fireworks this year. He only came up to me once and looked me in the face like he was worried we were under attack. I never saw the first firework, didn't go outside, but could hear them well enough. That's great news about Ashley! She really has had some miracles happen. I hope she continues to recover!

Well, the barn won't clean itself. Guess I should get busy.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 12:00 am

Sure hope you make it ARK..............You're so close.

cheers cheers ClappingHands ClappingHands

Everyonne have a great evening.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 1:20 pm

Ark, I don't have my name painted on the jet ski, but the legal ID numbers are on it.  The registration is in the glove box, so it wouldn't be any trouble to find me.  
Too many people don't put their names on pier sections, water toys, and other things that float.  So, when there is a flood there are things floating all over the place and they have to go look all around to find them.

By the way, how is Donnie's boat building project coming along?

You're getting close to that 100 miles.  You can do it!

Trudy, I was so glad to hear that Ashley has beaten all the odds and made it home.  Praise God!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 10:39 pm

ELLEN:
 Nice new avatar!    You look very speedy! wavy
 Donnie is still researching materials, how he wants to build it, and gathering tools.  He has reorganized his little office, gotten a new monitor for his computer to work on drawings for the boat, and is SLOWLY cleaning out the shop where he will build it.  So.... not much progress as to actual building, just preparatory stuff.  He does have to complete a couple of things in the house before he can start it.  

INDYAPP:
 Is your land flat?  Since you are in Indiana, I am guessing it mostly is.  Mowing is so much nicer on flat land.  Half of ours is flat, the other half is sloping.  The flat part is easier.

GRAYMARE:
 Got in 2 more miles today.  It has rained for the past 24 hours, and of course, Ivan rolled in the muddiest spot he could find.  It would take me as long to clean him up as to just walk him in hand for 2 miles, so that is what I did this evening.  We now have a bit over 92 miles towards our goal.  bouncy   Less than 8 miles to go!!

Muddy Ivan:

JULY 2022 Muddyi11
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 10:51 pm

Ark, thanks for changing the avatar for me. It took me two and a half years to get around to getting a photo of the new jet ski. In this picture, I am happily breaking the speed limit - for about a hundred yards. This lake has a 10 mph speed limit, but I wanted to show some fun, so I cheated a little bit.
8 miles is nothing. You can easily do that. One good trail ride will fix that right up.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2022 8:04 am

ARK: Way to go...You can do it girlfriend. 8 miles is a drop in the bucket.

ELLEN: Have fun on the water. It's a great place to be in the heat of July.

Hardly any fireworks this year. The people who started all the issues moved away and the other people had the police called on them last year so all was quiet here.

I took George over to visit Ashley last week. He was shocked..She was all dressed up in a dress and had makeup on. She came downstairs and we had a great visit with Ash & her dad Jeff. One of the ladies in my Barnabas group said to me "if I didn't know you so well when you tell the news about Ashley I would think you have lost your mind." Of course I said "oh I lost my mind years ago but Ashley has had a true miracle." Thanks everyone for your prayers for Ash.

We had our big Freedom Fest at church on Saturday, it was packed. Christian entertainers, food trucks games for kids and adults and fire works. Yesterday we continued the celebration with Outdoor church service. 14 people were baptized..it was HOT & sunny but I had on enough sunscreen 70 for at least 10 people and I didn't get sunburned. After the service we were served hot dogs and Rita's Italian Ice. A great day..both service rolled into one and our sister church attended too.

Have a great week...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 6:39 pm

This has been a perfect summer day. Bright and sunny, about 80°, with a nice breeze. Doesn't get any better than that.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 10:29 am

The horses made me laugh this morning. We've been having beautiful weather the last few days. This morning is sunny, air is calm, dew on the grass, etc. Very peaceful. I'm carrying the horses buckets of grain and opening the gate to enter their pen and I hear the horses cantering towards me from the side pen. Very unusual. Usually it's more of a stroll and we'll meet at the barn door. I look up from unlatching the gate to see this wild turkey running like mad across the area in front of the barn with Tiberius hot on his tail. Literally. Tiberius is chasing the turkey and Lily and Monster are chasing Tiberius. Just as Tiberius is about to catch the turkey, the turkey flaps his wings and takes flight. He flies about 100 feet clears the fence and lands in the back pasture. I know turkeys can fly, but I've never seen one fly that far. Turkey Lurkey decided he wasn't going to out run the horse so he better resort to plan B. Tiberius was very pleased with himself for chasing the turkey off and the Monster and Lily just wanted breakfast. Sophie didn't care. The whole thing lasted about 10 seconds. I wish I had a video of it.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2022 12:09 pm

Animals are a lot of work, so it's good when they can make us laugh now and then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySat Jul 16, 2022 2:33 am

Tonight is so beautiful outside..........the moon still is as bright as a reading light even tho it's two
nights after the full moon. It's been cloudy since Monday night.

Still hot here during the day.............

Hope ARK got her miles in............

Indy, you go girl.........I'm glad your weather is good.

Everybody stay well and happy.........
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 12:39 am

GRAYMARE:
 We finished the last little bit today!  We are finally done.  It took us the entire 100 days to do the 100 mile Virtual Tevis Cup ride challenge.  It was fun.... a lot of work to make sure it all got done, but still fun.  

JULY 2022 Crossi11
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 EmptySun Jul 17, 2022 12:48 am

That's so cool ARK...............You're a champion in my book!!!
Congratulations!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JULY 2022 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULY 2022   JULY 2022 Empty

Back to top Go down

JULY 2022
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next