Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SEPTEMBER 2022

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 2:43 pm

ELLEN:
That guy is a talented trainer. I can't imagine getting so many horses coordinated like that! Good video...
Yep, summer is over. Seems to have looked at the calendar and jumped into the next season. It has been coolish here for several days and we'll have to bring our indoor plants back inside by Wednesday. I need to repot them, not my favorite thing.

GRAYMARE:
Yep, we are whooped. We put up 130 bales of hay. I moved over 100 by myself down to the barn, then we both loaded them into the hay building. Donnie finished up baling after dark, so we tarped the whole lot and then put it in the barn the next morning. A few minutes after we finished, it rained. Good timing. We were certainly blessed with good hay making weather for two weeks. Overall, we put up 231 bales. With the spring cutting, we made just over 500 bales for the year. Not bad. I have placed an order for an additional 200 square bales to put in our barn loft, just to be sure we have enough until after first cutting next year. We use about a bale a day in the summer to restrict grass time. So yep, we are whooped! Laughing

We were basically zombies Sunday afternoon after finishing up. Now we need to get ready for rain coming off that hurricane. If it gets to us, it will be coming up from the south and that's when rain gets into the barn. It's always something.
My sister, Vicki, just had her vacation cut short in Florida. She and hubby were in Treasure Island, which is next to St. Petersburg. The governor told tourists to get the hell outta Dodge and go home. So they left at 5:30 a.m. and are in the middle of Georgia somewhere right now. They will be home either late this evening or tomorrow. They were going to stay another week.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 9:26 pm

I'm getting worried about Trudy. She never stays away this long.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 10:14 pm

Good grief ARK.  Hope your sister is home or close to it now.  The storms and fires are just out of control
My friend's cousin had to drive through a fire to get home from her vacation.  Who even thinks of those things
when they travel? I'm glad your hay is safely inside.

ELLEN, I am happy to read your dock and jet ski are out of the water.  Thank you for the film of the horses.
It was really peaceful to watch.  I don't have the patience or strength to do that.

Nelli is so sweet and I'm happy with our horses............all obedient and kind.

Everyone have a good evening

ADDENDUM: I saw parts of .Road To The Horse this weekend. Very few in the audience also. It was in
Ft Worth rather than Lexington,I think due to storms. Anyhow, the venue has changed somewhat.
It got boring at times and the contestants worked their hearts out. I learned a lot of little tricks.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 9:22 am

I finally had to give up and turn on the furnace this morning. I was hoping to make it until October. I don't like being cold.
Today, I'll give the jet ski a good clean-up and have it ready for shrink wrap.
This evening neighbors and I are going to dinner. Smile
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 12:09 am

Wow. Ian sure dug hisi heels in and creamed us............Praying for the survivors.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 12:30 am

Ian is supposed to arrive here tomorrow early afternoon and hang around until Sunday. We don't expect high winds, but up to 30mph or so. They say we will get 3 or so inches of rain. We've been getting as ready as possible. Donnie used his tractor to clear the ditches around the barn, so hopefully it won't get flooded. Since the rain is coming up from the south and the barn is south facing, we'll put up a couple of piece of plywood in front of the pony stall and the open area where Ivan and Areion hang out. They should be okay. We got groceries, a trailer load of firewood, and our Covid and flu shots. We are ready to hunker down for the weekend! Very Happy

Since we are somewhat prepared, maybe Ian will just fizzle out and go away.

Poor Florida.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 9:50 am

The power of a hurricane is beyond imagination. 50 ton boats were lifted and blown long distances before they were dropped.
And yet, people keep building in well-known hurricane areas.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 3:20 pm

We got a lot of rain, but almost no wind.  It rained all night, but today it is mostly misty/rainy.  It was more like a long rain storm than a hurricane.  We are supposed to get some more rain if it circles around and comes back, but it won't be bad.  We were ready for it, so it just didn't care to destroy us.  Very Happy  

We put up plywood in front of the barn to block any blowing rain, but it really wasn't needed.  We were very lucky!

SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 Ivanar10

Time to change the calendar.  Goodbye September,  Hello October!  Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t136-october-2022#14612
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEPTEMBER 2022   SEPTEMBER  2022 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

SEPTEMBER 2022
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3