Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DECEMBER 2022

Go down 
+3
Ellen E
Donna
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Manygatess

DECEMBER 2022 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2022   DECEMBER 2022 - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 9:00 am

ELLEN:  Happy to hear your ablation went well and you will be feeling better.
ARK:  Congrats on your ride. You finished the year successfully.
BEECH:  What a terrible experience for you.  Us horse girls can always figure out a way to work bad situations out.

We had our own awful Christmas Eve nightmare during that huge storm.  NO WATER but only in the upstairs bathroom.  WHAT????  Couldn't figure that one out.  Our furnace is oil fired hot water, so we were pretty nervous.  Had to have a visit from the plumber on Christmas Eve morning and punch a hole in the wall.  Frozen pipes to the upstairs.  We spent the day manning a heat gun and hair dryer to unfreeze the pipes.  George had to miss the Candlelight Service at church so he would keep watch on the pipes.  When I got home after church, we started to see a small drip in the sink.  PRAYERS were answered, WE HAD WATER...Sunday I had the best shower I have ever had in my life.  All is well with the water issue.

Yesterday we had a fun experience with the temporary new mailman.  He THREW 2 packages of paper towels into the driveway.  WHAT the heck?  George just happened to be going out the door heading to the garage and saw him throw the packages.  I hear yelling and dashed outside, just in time to see him driving away quickly.  George called the Post Office and reported the guy.  Who throws boxes into a driveway???  One of the boxes broke open.  Amazon was contacted and they filed a report at the Post Office too.  They are sending a new box.    He also had another box with him that he refused to deliver.  What a JERK....the Post Office said they would send it out with someone else.  We lived here 32 years and never had a issue with our mail delivery.

Have nice last day of 2022.  We will be celebrating at our usual
9 PM celebration before we go to bed.  What a bunch of party animals we are.  LOL  Looking forward to 2023.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2022   DECEMBER 2022 - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 31, 2022 12:17 pm

I feel very lucky that I have a really good mail carrier. He brings packages right to the door hands them to me if I'm home. Or sets them next to the door if I'm not. This past year there have been lots of 📦 📦 📦 📦. I do ordering for my neighbors who don't have Prime, so the carrier gets a lot of exercise and he's never grumpy about it.
I treat him well at Christmas 🎄.

Indy, you were right. We have open water in the middle of the lake.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2022   DECEMBER 2022 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 12:13 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! May it be prosperous and healthy for all of you.

wavy wavy wavy hug
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2022   DECEMBER 2022 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 12:53 pm

Happiest of New Years!!

Time to change the calendar year. Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t139-january-2023#14822

Or to Basket and then to January 2023

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DECEMBER 2022   DECEMBER 2022 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

DECEMBER 2022
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4