Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

January 2013

Go down 
+10
Beech
silverdancer
cb
Indyapp
Rick Angell
Ellen E
Graymare
Manygatess
Appy
Ark
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

January 2013 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January 2013   January 2013 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 pm

TALLYPAM:
Yep, I got seasick watching "Perfect Storm" at the theatre and had to rush to the bathroom because I was close to recycling my popcorn. My stomach was heaving along with George Clooney's boat. You have a good memory! Laughing

You must have been out of Foopville during late July and August. I came within a whisker of dying. I spent 16 days in the hospital after getting food poisoning from a taco salad served at an Actha ride by a group of 4-H kids. The food poisoning turned into a raging intestinal infection that was treated by several antibiotics. My immune system was compromised and the infection turned into TTP. This stands for thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and is a disorder where the body attacks its own blood platelets. It took a week in the hospital before they figured out what was wrong with me. My blood levels took a severe nosedive and I was transferred from the local hospital to the larger and better equipped hospital in Roanoke. There they gave me transfusions and plasma exchanges and saved my life. It was not fun. The ailment is in remission and hopefully will not return, but there is no guarantee. Then a month later I had an atrial fibrillation attack over a weekend and landed back up in Roanoke again for another couple of days. About 60 percent of TTP patients end up with cardiac complications. TPP is very rare, not well understood by most doctors, and without proper treatment is 95 percent fatal. I seem to have recovered better than most, but still have fatigue and have to be careful not to overdo or bang my head on something and cause a bleed from the bloodthinners I have to take for the Afib. They would prefer I didn't ride, but I can't give that up.

Poor Donnie and my sister Annie had to take care of our place for about 6 or 7 weeks before I had the energy to even go down to the barn. Daisy and Areion were boarded elsewhere for 5 of those weeks to make it easier on everyone. I 'do' the barn now, but that is about the extent of my energy until I take a nap, then I can do something else. The barn stays relatively clean, my house looks like a bomb went off in it. Rolling Eyes Priorities. Very Happy

So that's the lurid tale of how I spent my summer. I don't recommend it.

It is pouring rain here and has been since about 4 pm. I got the barn down just as it started. It was nice and warm, mid-60s, but now we have storms rolling thru. It will be cold tomorrow. No riding lesson again this week, but the snow is gone anyway.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: January 2013   January 2013 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:28 am

Yep, TP, our MISS ARK dang near scared the boots right off of all of us....she kept us on pins and needles....and we are so glad she is getting back to feeling better and getting to ride again. We do want to wrap her in cotton batting and bubble wrap tho! Wink

The wind has stopped, we have everything picked up outside, and the weather has turned colder tonight...everytime we open the door we can smell a wood stove...putrid smelling firewood too....ugh...I think that is why I have a sore throat.

Cinnamon wasn't lame today at all...? shrug shrug
shrug I think Saturday one of the lighter riders can take her out on the trail ride and I'll stay back with Brenna the oldest GD as she isn't crazy about riding....we'll play a game or go for a walk...I want to see if she'll stay sound with lighter rider on her...she just may have to be a kids mount. ahhhhh the trivials of owning horses....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: January 2013   January 2013 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 pm

O K.........girls' superbowl week end out......motel with shared rooms, spa, etc in LV. We're off today. I have my $20 for gambling. LMAO. See you guys Monday.

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: January 2013   January 2013 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:09 pm

ahhhhh Silverdancer I have very fond memories of your visit. It make me smile to remember taking you to Horse Expo and how much you enjoyed seeing the many many different breeds of horses that were there ........ If was a lot of fun to have you visit.

Ellen ... the boots I have ordered will not be fancy at all. There will be some stitching on the toe, but that is all. They are being built to be worn a lot ...., not just for riding. So, I don't want them to stand out in the crowd as being "COWBOY" boots. This place makes them for the Harley boys as well. The place is here in South Tucson and has been in business for a long time.

Graymare ... you girls just have a great time ... LOLOL like I need to remind you. HAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
TallyPam

TallyPam

PostSubject: Re: January 2013   January 2013 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:06 pm

ARK..Methinks I must pay better attention to my foop friends. Dang, I'm kinda glad I missed it. No Sounds like you are doing well but I'm gonna have to keep my eye on you!
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: January 2013   January 2013 - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 am

I'm going in Friday morning to have two wisdom teeth extracted and some other gum/teeth issues taken care of. Supposed to be put to sleep. It will either be that or a lip twitch!! Sad Crying or Very sad

I had 5 'things' removed from my face this morning at plastic surgeon office. That felt like 5 BIG bee stings until numbing took hold. pale

Carol continues to make remarkable recovery from her foot/toe operation. Very Happy She will drive me home tomorrow. Her 'locker bag' project has passed the 70% mark. Smile

Love to all...Rick
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: January 2013   January 2013 - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:07 am

Time to close the thread. Gotta hurry because Donnie wants his cellphone and is going to work.

So click on the following or go to Basket and click on February 2013:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t16-february-2013#1987

RICK:
Good luck! Don't let all your wisdom escape with your teeth! hug
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January 2013   January 2013 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

January 2013
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6