Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 2014

Go down 
+6
Carol W
sunny 57
Rick Angell
cb
Manygatess
Indyapp
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

November 2014 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Isn't that great?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:29 pm

It's always neat to see somebody who is so in tune with the horse. It takes lots of time to build that.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:00 am

RICK:
 I love that Stacy Westfall video!  She is very talented.  Thanks!

Here is a video for all you romantics......and it has horses!

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 10:02 am

Oh RICK.  That's really sweet.  I don't know who is the star…………the dog or his family laughing.
The child is SO happy at the dog command "slide down"…………….I just love real people happenings, a perfect way to start the day.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 11:12 am

Uhaul got unloaded thursday with the help of our old neighbors, thank goodness for the help! cuz my legs screamed "charleyhorse" all night long. took uhaul back on friday and same neighborfriends helped unload fridge, washer and dryer and our bed. then saturday two other neighbor friends came and helped us put things in the sheds as rain was in the forecast. and my brother drove up for a visit, but he looked not so good, the dummy. he visited with his border collie, geronimo, and had lunch. he has decided to move up with us and is having a big auction soon. I'm glad. sunday, we just slept and took hot baths to soothe achy muscles. monday into town where we got appt to get hubbys top plate fixed, and set up a doctor appt for him and the dr. can get him referral for his new cardiologist...we r. at dentist appt now....so things r going right along. horses love being out on 40 acres, goats just want to escape into the yard! cows keep changing colors, they r just crawling between the barb strands as there rnt any breaks....interesting to see which one will come visit the pond! we plan on putting hot wire up soon, I do not like barb at all.
Well that is my catchup news! later taters!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 4:37 pm

What a nice dog! It's fun to watch them play with the family like that.

CB, it's good to hear from you and know that you are doing okay. I hope that you'll get some rest and be able to enjoy your new place. Maybe you need to wait for the right moment with the cows on your side, to repair the fencing and you'll have your own milk supply. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 12:47 pm

What is wrong with this picture taken this Wednesday morning??

November 2014 - Page 5 SwktzB

It was 71 degrees on Monday......

It has been snowing all morning, but now it is starting to mix with rain, so shouldn't last long....maybe.

CB:
 I am so glad to know you are in your new place!  Besides your brother, do you have any other relatives nearby?  What color is today's cow? Laughing

You asked about Ivan's new hackamore awhile back.  I finally got pix made of him the other day.  He seems to like it and responds well to it.

November 2014 - Page 5 XhmJ0E  November 2014 - Page 5 COAnej

He isn't blowing a bubble in that photo, there is a horse ball with handle behind him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 12:22 am

Happy thanksgiving y'all! safe travel and good food wished for all. sniff, my cows went home...they live at the farm behind us...
We had snow rain sunshine and sleet today...crazeeeee.....60 tomorrow...woohoo...
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 7:47 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

It's a very white Thanksgiving here in PA. Started snowing yesterday morning and there are still flakes flying around this morning. We probably have about 8 inches of the lovely white stuff. The first snowfall of the year is always so beautiful.

Have a blessed safe travel day to all who are traveling. Be thankful for family,friends and the grace of God today.

Rick: That Black Lab video was just too funny. That dog is just like Ace, he LOVES the snow, we took our walks yesterday and he played doggie snowplow with his head under the snow plowing a path, then we playing his favorite winter game, catch the snowball & slip and slide in the snow.

Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 9:48 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 11:00 am

Ark, stop feeding that horse bubble gum or at least teach him how to blow a decent bubble! Rolling Eyes Razz u know i couldnt resist.....mahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 3:38 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!!

Our snow has melted in the rain.  We got about three inches before the rain started.  It was pretty, but I don't mind it going away.  It has been spitting snow this morning.   We are staying home this year.  The bird is baking in the oven and we should be eating it for a week!  I do love the smells of baking turkey and fixings!

CB
 Ivan is a multi-talented guy, but does need to work on his bubble blowing! ROFL   I personally have problems walking and chewing gum, much less blowing a good bubble.... rake

So what am I thankful for?  A wonderful spouse , good health, and beautiful horses and cats.....and that no more trucks have invaded our yard.....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm stuffed bigger than the turkey was…………...wavy
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 12:21 am

The big bird will last us a couple / three days yet!!

Had both girls here at one time or other, but Charlotte left early before meal ... afraid of passing on a "bug" to her grandmother.  Jillian and Carol's Mom were here for dinner.  We are THANKFUL for family ... heard from Miss Laurie today and they were expecting 12 - 14 folk.  So...my family from NC and Calif. has had a full day!!

I am NOT going out shopping tomorrow except to get some sweet feed for Miranda. LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 1:13 am

RICK
I do some of my best shopping at the feedstore ....You aren't fooling us! You are going shopping tomorrow! Laughing

Tractor Supply has a nice sale going on, I may get a couple stall mats to convert the old goat stall to a horse stall.

All creatures got a Thanksgiving treat this evening. The horses enjoyed apples and carrots, the cats enjoyed freshly baked turkey, and the chickens enjoyed not being part of the celebration. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 1:48 pm

I got to Tractor Supply and was out of the store in less than 15 minutes wit 100lbs of sweet feed!! NO BLACK FRIDAY MADNESS FOR ME!! LOL!!

...and I completed the process today of renewing / recertification of my medical card to go wit my Commercial Drivers License. I am now required to wear glasses when driving. Have to see my eye dr. in 6 months or less about cataract(s) beginning to affect my vision. I could NOT begin to read the eye chart with left eye and now I can see!!

Love to all ... enjoy your big bird leftovers!! I'll be eating sandwiches!!
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 4:49 pm

My daughter cooked her first turkey by herself this year, it came out perfect, juicy, and flavorful, then we watched her football team get creamed she loves the 49ers but they got beat by the Seattle Seahawks a great time was had by all. I hope the rest of you had a great day with friends and family our weather is cold but the sun is shining and the wind blowing then come Tuesday we will be back to almost 80 and rain and then cold again this is winter in the sunshine state
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Nope, not me,  out on Black Friday.  I think those people are crazy.  I went twice years ago, that was enough for both my daughter and myself.  LOL………….we have a bright nice day here so I trimmed some bushes, did the stalls, played with the horses.  We have gobs of left overs that we are munching on . TL is changing the socks in his car……I just took him lunch.AND, we have some pecan pie & pumpkin pie, too.  YUM.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 7:49 pm

I don't know what makes the print go squishy like that……………….

BUT, too funny.  Terry is out changing the SHOCKS on his car, not his socks………..
Life is funny at our age.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 10:27 pm

GRAYMARE
hysterical I was sitting here pondering where TL' s car wore it's socks.  I am glad you explained that in your next post.  Now I don't have to Google that!

We went out to lunch then stopped in at Wal-Mart to see if any cheap videos were left over from the madhouse rush.  There was.  By the time we got there, it was like a normal weekend crowd. We found 4 good videos for $3.95 apiece.  Not bad.  It will keep us in entertainment for awhile. Then we went to Tractor Supply and got those stall mats on sale.  

SUNNY
 Congrats on your daughter's first baked turkey!  My first one came out like the one on Christmas Vacation: dry and leathery.  Glad her' s was much better!  I have since discovered baking bags which took all the problems away. Drool

RICK
Uh-huh.  You can buy a lot of things in 15 minutes at Tractor Supply.  I got a bunch of cat food, two Christmas presents, a couple of bags of bedding pellets, and a bag of feed.  We loaded all that up, then realized we forgot to buy the stall mats, the very thing we went there to get.  We  turned around and went back to get them.  Rolling Eyes   So what did you buy CAROL for Christmas at Tractor Supply, RICK? Very Happy

You and I have opposite driving/ eye glass issues. When I had cataracts removed from both eyes, they installed corrective lenses and gave me a paper to take to the DMV to have my license changed. I no longer need glasses to drive. Of course, I immediately forgot about taking that paper to them, so my license still says I have to wear glasses. If I ever get stopped, I will have to remember to put on my reading glasses real quick... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 4:19 am

Well I am late, but glad everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Enjoy the leftovers to the max and then make turkey bone soup.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 3:29 pm

It sounds as though everybody had a nice Thanksgiving. We all have much to be thankful for.

Beech, are you covered in snow?

I left here Wednesday mid-afternoon, drove about 40 minutes before I realized I had forgotten to take the thawed and brined turkey out of the refrigerator and put it in the car. After suppressing a couple of naughty words, I just turned around and came back to get it. (I just knew being a geezer was going to cause trouble. Very Happy ) It was up to me to fry it on Thursday morning, which I did and it turned out well.
We all ate way to much that day, like everybody else.
My cousin's wife had another turkey all thawed, knowing that we were going to yet another cousin's house for Thanksgiving Day, and there wouldn't be any leftovers. So, on Thursday evening, we buttered and seasoned it and let it sit overnight. I got it fried yesterday morning, and it was even better than the first one. She made a whole other traditional turkey meal for last evening. Believe me, she will have leftovers for a few days.
I headed for home this morning.
I came home with some ideas for Christmas presents, which I will get ordered in the next few days.
At the moment, it's just nice to sit here in my own recliner and relax a bit before I start putting everything away.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 5:55 pm

ELLEN:
  Sounds like you had a turkey-filled Thanksgiving!  Glad you made it home safely.

Here are three rascals who were happy to  not be involved in the Thanksgiving dinner.  When I bought them last spring, the guy said he was very sure they were hens.  Uh-huh.  He saw me coming.  When it became obvious that all three were actually roosters, I had to decide what to do with them.  I didn't want anyone being attacked by raging hormonal poultry.  No one wanted a rooster for their hens, although one neighbor volunteered to do them in if he could crockpot them.  Luckily, the boys have decided to be cute yard ornaments that only spar occasionally with one another and do not attack people or other animals.  They follow me to the barn every morning, have a snack of oats and catfood, then spend their day running between the house and barn.  I have a big cage in the chicken/peacock/guinea house that they march into every evening when I put them up.  I keep them separate from the tiny cochin hens and guineas, they are simply too big for romance with those little chickens. Generally they are a riot, they hang out with me while I am cleaning the barn, sitting on the railing discussing the need for better help.

Anyway, meet Larry, Moe, and Curly Joe....the former hens.  Never buy hens from a guy in the parking lot at the feed store.

November 2014 - Page 5 Pjj0ie
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 9:48 pm

Ark, too bad you couldn't call up Mike Rowe, the Dirty Jobs guy. Very Happy On one of his shows, he had to determine the boys and girls of newly hatched chicks. They said there were two ways to tell; one was to turn them upside down and look for the pertinent parts, the other was to look for something specific on the wings.
Why haven't you gotten some hens to go with the roosters? Would they fight more? Believe me, what I know about chickens, other than fried, would fit on the point of a pin with room left over.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:18 pm

ELLEN
I will probably get a few hens in the spring, just not from the guy in the parking lot. Rolling Eyes My roosters were supposed to be my new laying hens. All my old hens died and other than a couple of older tiny Cochin hens, I am out of female chickens. The little Cochin rooster really thinks he is hot stuff. He is the only rooster here with any hens. He double dog dares the big red roosters to get near his babes. I am blessed with 4 roosters crowing all day

.I was hoping to just buy three hens, but will probably have to order chicks from a hatchery and have to get 25. They only ship chicks in batches of 25. Hopefully, I will find someone to split the order with. We will be up to our eyes in eggs a few months later if I get an entire shipment!

I tried to give the roosters away, but have gotten attached to them, so will keep them. They are pretty laid back for roosters. According to a breed book I was browsing thru at Tractor Supply, the roosters are a cross between Rhode Island Reds and New Hampshire Reds and are called Red Production chickens. The hens have very large brown eggs.

Speaking of birds, we just got back from seeing the new penguin movie. Very cute! John Malkovich was the voice of the evil octopus villain, Dave. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2014   November 2014 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2014
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next