Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

April 2016

Go down 
+3
Manygatess
Graymare
Beech
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

April 2016 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 12:29 pm

ARK, your field trip made me really laugh............that could be on Saturday Nite Live. Yes, I found Mama again........well Rex did. He just sniffed.......she never hissed or anything, lifted her paw to smack him. I called him & he ran right to me. So, she's on the Miller animal welfare program.............until she moseys over to the neighbors...............we'll see.

ELLEN, Francis has all new mule tack, new trailer, and is off somewhere every day..............yesterday to her riding lesson............this is a riot!

Hope you & Harry are getting better CB.............

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Tanks, but we have a code in our nodes. Ugh...I know it will get better..,but right now we just want to go back to bed, which is just what we did...fed the critters and that was it.
Blaaah.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 1:57 pm

CB. Boo hiss spring cold!! Get better fast!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Oooo. YUK! Hate colds. Kick it quick so you can play with Daisie.

TwoDoorsOver Neighbor and I moved some firewood from my yard to his wood pile. He brought his lawn tractor and the little cart. We loaded it up three times. Easy job and just a little of the wood is gone. Smile
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 10:03 pm

Sad news here......we lost little Grettel today......she's had cancer for quite sometime and daughter had to put her down today.........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 11:33 pm

Ohhhhh nooooo. I'm soooo sorry! Crying or Very sad She was such a cute puppy. I was glad that your daughter had her to love.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 11:55 pm

That is so sad about Grettel, I am very sorry. How old was she?

hug

CB
Thorry about the code in your nothes..... Get well, thoon!!! (You wouldn't believe how hard it was to type that sentence. Auto-correct fought me all the way!) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 1:50 am

I hate auto correct.. Its bullshit with capital b.
Sorry to hear about grettel....its tough to make those decisions, but we do it with love and heartache. I need to be out there working Daisie, need to keep her going at least lightly....but when ya have trouble mustering up energy to go potty, not safe to be around horsie feet....grrrrrr, ugh, cough, hack....bad dark mood, I tell the dogs don't do anything to pizz your mama off today....they stayed out as today was in 70s...we slept....had some dinner...back to bed, pup sleeps in the bed....bad habit, but he whines to go out, so wakes us. He weighs 25 pounds now at 10 weeks. My life has gone to the dogs...
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 8:05 am

Hi guys. My computer has been at it again. GGRRRRRRRRRR Now it's bouncing emails back to people saying "Manygatess isn't accepting any email with WORDS". WHAT?????Shocked Wendy called me and we had a good laugh but I'm really ticked now.

Oh well, more important things to fuss over. Daughter Missy was in the hospital, she won't listen to anyone and signed herself out and went home. She needs to be in rehab with her MS and other health issues she has going on.

The garden is on it's way, we planted 198 potatoes and my friend Barb came out are we planted her carrots, lima, and beets yesterday.

My Purple Heart Tulips are up and looking good. I had to put garden flags all around them to keep whatever was eating them away. All the other tulips are long gone, they ate every dang one.

CB: Sorry to hear you are sick, not much worse than a spring or summer cold. YUCK Good luck with Daisy.

ELLEN: As a kid we went on a school field trip to Pittsburgh, my friend Billy's sister took the trip as a good time to run away from home and go to California. What a mess that was. She still lives out there.

GRAYMARE: We have new kittens too. 4 of them. LT who usually is the worst mother cat ever, is actually taking care of this litter. She usually pops them out where ever, walks away and leaves them lay. We were down to 4 feral cats.

If you don't hear from me you know I have deystroyed my computer. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 12:29 pm

Just a suggestion for a weekend breakfast.  Use Krusteaz Belgian waffle mix and make pancakes with it instead of waffles.  It puffs up and makes a lighter pancake.  Just love Krusteaz products.

This afternoon, there has been two chainsaws, a wood splitter running, and 4 guys gradually making a dent in all that wood that's been lying on my yard. There is still quite a bit to go, but it's getting better. I got the second pile of trash wood burned. There'll probably be one more burn pile to do.
Then the next task will be getting the yard back in good condition. When the trees fell they gouged big holes in a few places.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 10:17 am

Sounds like things are getting gone ELLEN.

Francis is fine. Houston is fine. She realizes all this excitement takes a lot
of energy. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sometimes I can find Mama cat & kitten, sometimes I can't..........BUT, LOL, the food is always gone............

Lilly howled sev times after Grettel's death. Very interesting. They sure know.
She came over to play yest with Rex and seemed to be happy with him.....she followed him everywhere. It was cute. It's such a huge adjustment after the loss of a dog. People that don't live in the dog world don't get it.

Everyone have a good day.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:15 am

Travis' uncle and aunt were here yesterday and helped with the tree work. We were talking about pets. Uncle was saying that they had to make the decision for their dog. He freely admitted that he and younger son cried all the way home from the vet's. He said they won't ever have another dog because he just can't take losing them anymore. It's really really hard.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:46 am

Damnitallanyway!!!! Lost a 4 paragraph post AGAIN! Gunner will be coming home here next weekend.............be back later rake
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 1:30 pm

GM, so sad about Grettel, sad for the entire family and Lily obviously. All animals feel loss and grief, at least from what I've witnessed. Damn cancer and the almighty dollar which limits a cure. Someday, we all pray! Sad

CB, you and Harry need to get rid of these Springtime colds, they are just miserable and hard to whip! Daisie needs your attention, get well!

ARK, I will be visiting you within the next month, any weekend better then others? I'm borrowing my friends truck so I can carry the cart. I'll be treating you and Donnie to lunch whatever day we choose. I'm so excited about this new endeavour and welcoming Gunner. He has totally changed my mind about mean, stubborn, evil minded minis! His previous owner has probably a dozen or more minis, stallions, mares and yearlings and they were all in-your-pocket sweet! One yearling filly would have followed Robin to the moon and back! cheers

Thank ya'll so much, prayers and positive thoughts have worked, and of course Robin's hard work, she completed her first sale............and 3 more leads she is working on!!!! :dance:

BBL, hugs all around!

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Rose's New Cart Horse: Gunner!   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 7:01 pm

ROSE's new steed:  Gunner!!

April 2016 - Page 5 YfZ5v7

wavy  And a mighty good looking guy he is!  wavy
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 8:17 pm

ROSE:
 Gunner looks really great!  A very sturdy guy.  He should be able to pull a cart easily.  I think any weekend except May 14th is good for us.

Ivan and I had a very nice ride at Pandapas Pond Park with our neighbor down the road, Jenny, and her chestnut Arabian gelding, Weedie.  The horses got along great and Jenny and I seem very compatible, too.  Neither of us wanted to go fast, me to save my hip joints, Jenny because she is bringing Weedie back from some kind of injury to his hip or back or hock or something.  He looked good to me, I didn't see him having any problems.  We rode about 5 miles at a fast walk.  Weedie set the pace, so hopefully he didn't re-injure anything.  If he didn't, I suspect we will go on several rides this summer. Very Happy

Pix, of course!

April 2016 - Page 5 P6hkAG

April 2016 - Page 5 HcY3bt
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 8:42 pm

We r trying to get rid of the colds, man, we have been down and out crawling around to feed critters and ourselves, mostly drinking fluids, soup, tea and toast, all we can muster...feeling bad.,get so dizzy, our heads sing....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:12 pm

Rose, I sure hope you have an absolute ball with your new little guy. Horses all have that same lovely horsey smell, no matter how big or small they are.

Ark, looks like you had a really nice weather day for a good ride. We had a good day for working on some logs. They didn't get as much done as I'd hoped, but there is progress. It all got moved away from the area where my dock goes, and a path to get to it. I'm hoping they'll get the dock in soon.

CB, it sure seems like this cold is lasting a long time. Hope you can get it gone pretty soon.

Two years ago about now, there were two dogs across the road. One of them was old and the owner did the right thing for him. That left one dog. For about three weeks after, that one barked and howled almost constantly - driving all the neighbors crazy. The owner didn't know she was doing that because she only barked when she was left home alone. When I had a chance to talk to her, she told me the dog had eaten a rug. I suggested that she give her a toy filled with peanut butter, which she did. That really helped. Yes, dogs do grieve.

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 12:00 am

ARK, thank you, as usual. Gunner is a really handsome boy but presently he is a little too chunky, not in this pic, but now after winter. He has to lose about 10-15 pounds of tummy weight (me too for that matter) or he will look like a preggo mare in harness and not suitable for any showing if I choose.

ELLEN, I sure don't envy you having to get all that wood cleaned up, you don't have a fireplace I guess? Living on lakeshore has some drawbacks but still the best homesite ever in my opinion. Did you watch today's race? Can't believe Carl actually moved Kyle out of the way!!!! bounce But glad he did. Junior came in 13th, but no biggie, he'll bounce back. Boy Chase sure made some brave and hairy moves with the 24 car.

Hey ARK, meant to mention, you and Ivan sure have some wonderful pics for a Memory Book. Ya'll look really good! I will make sure to mark off the May 14th weekend.

CB, you and Harry need to work harder to chase those colds away!!! Miserable I know!

Later gators!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 8:52 am

Rose, I saw the race and was glad Carl nudged him out and won. It's only a matter of time until Chase wins one. He's going to be really good. So is Kyle Larson.

I don't have a wood burning fireplace, but Travis has a wood burning stove in the barn where they often watch football and hockey games. He also likes to work on things during the winter. That's why he and his family are cleaning up the wood.
When I was rebuilding this place I thought about a wood burning fireplace, but finally decided on a gas one. That turned out to be a good decision.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 4:12 pm

Hubby coughed so hard today he lost his teeth! I would have thought it funny if I weren't triyin to do same and mine r attatched....pftttt....omy, feeling puny.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 10:04 pm

Anybody home..... ome......me.....e? (echo in big empty room)

Tonight was pizza night with the neighbors, although I chose to have fried chicken instead. Not only does the hotel have great pizza, their fried chicken is outstanding too. I have lunch for the next two days in my refrigerator. Drool

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 11:39 pm

We can breathe once more but we sure have sore ribs from hacking....still not great, but a bit better. About time. We were really down, to point we r wondering about selling everything and traveling. We feel old and decrepid. This really took a toll on our spirits and we r looking at it as a wakeup call. We need to be closer to kids, so we could have help when needed, when u r so sick, can't fix food, no one to call, crawl out to feed animals, it scares ya. We have decisions to make, we know that for sure.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 11:56 pm

Glad you're on the mend CB & Harry.........but, yes, it is a reality that we are all older now......and with age, comes the reality that independence won't always be our choice...............BUT that's still a long time off. My friend's dad is 97, still at home, walking daily, and goes out to see the horses everyday. He lives at her house but he is still independent.............can't drive as his vision is very bad with macular degeneration. He still cooks............oh boy. He always has a little job of some sort.........Amazing, really............
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 1:14 am

CB
Hope you are feeling better.

ELLEN
That restaurant sounds great!

GRAYMARE
That fellow sounds like he is doing pretty well.

I went for a 2 year check up today at the dermatologist that removed the skin cancer on my neck. No problems! They really look you over.

Ivan and i had a good lesson yesterday. I think he was happy to be working in the arena and not out in the woods somewhere like he was the day before.. We actually did the slow collected trot we have been working on for weeks! Finally....He was Mr. Lazyboy. Or maybe I was. At any rate, it was our best effort yet. I rode Areion a little after her lesson. She was on her game, too. Maybe it was the 80° weather...

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 10:12 am

I've had front door open while weather is nice to get fresh air in, I just didn't realize its so dusty out there which is now coating everything, ack. Time to clean house. Yoshi, bulldog pup has found things to chew we didn't know we had! Our back yard looks like a war zone. He likes playing out there, and is coming along on house breaking pretty good, considering us not being on top of things. He is a sweetheart, just like odie. He will get neutered the end of may. Storms were heavy, but not serious. I wonder if our bodies r having hard time coping with the moisture here. The dust from the road is bad also....everything is green, but we r on a road to the lake, and lots of traffic. Or if we caught this from brother or hospital germs. Bro doesn't like rehab nursing home, but I think he realizes he is really sick finally....well, housework awaits me, and since its to wet to now maybe can con hubby into helping, lol thanks for good thoughts for us. I'm beginning to see light....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2016   April 2016 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

April 2016
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next