Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May of 2016

Go down 
+4
Rose
Graymare
Manygatess
Beech
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptySun May 01, 2016 8:36 pm

May  2016

May of 2016 Rosepo10
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptySun May 01, 2016 8:41 pm

Well here we are in May. The sun is shining after a night full of rain. I spent a lot of time helping Zippy and Daisy shed some hair. I have enough hair collected from them to stuff a sofa. It was supposed to rain all day, but didn't. We have had a very pleasant 75 degree afternoon. sunny

Welcome to May.....and shedding season! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptySun May 01, 2016 9:52 pm

Happy May................

ARK, do we have secret guests now? When I changed to May, it showed 1 member, me and 4 guests.....................

I thought you closed the board to outsiders.................wondering..........
who are the guests?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptySun May 01, 2016 10:09 pm

Do we have security leaks now?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 12:32 am

GRAYMARE
Actually anyone can read here if they find us, it has always been that way. They show up as "guests". Sometimes registered members will log out and read and only log in to post. Those who occasionally ask about their passwords have logged out and later couldn't remember their passwords when they wanted to post. I have never blocked anyone from reading here, but have blocked a lot of spammers from registering as members who could then glean info from our profiles and such. There are also "bots" that roam forums from Google and who knows where that show up as "guests". Ads that reflect our conversations come from them picking up key words.

So nothing has changed. You just caught a bunch of guests at one time. Some guests are just nosy folks, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 1:27 am

Gunner is a headliner!! Wow! Even though Zippy has Cushings, does his hair come off easily when you brush him?

Do ya'll remember Lynne Beard from Cawtaba, NC? She has adopted a mini appy pony who drives. With Gary still suffering many affects from his stroke 5 years ago, little Nelson is such a nice reprieve from her caregiving. She often just sits out in the barn watching Nelson and his companion goat. She has said that one of the straps that hold the shaft on the harness has ripped. I told her ARK, that you had a strap that had broken also and you knew where it could be stitched up. She had to put down her last elderly horse a couple years ago so Nelson is certainly good for her.

Talk later, hugs all around!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:31 am

Happy May everyone.

ARK: It was 41 here yesterday with blowing wind, lots of rain and down right nasty weather, it felt more like November than May, In the crazy world of gardening; there is nothing we won't try to protect our plants although I have never heard of using plastic forks before. The deer around here would probably eat the forks or stomp them into the ground. My tulips seem to be holding their own since they opened.

I hope it wasn't my crazy computer that lead anyone to the forum when it was doing all those crazy things. It seems to have settled down in the last week.

GRAYMARE: We have quite a few trees than need cut down, wanna come and help? Something is killing the Elm trees around here this year. Some little weird bug.

CB: How are you and Harry feeling. Getting over that nasty stuff yet?

Off to visit with son Kevin this morning. His in-laws are in town and we like to visit them when they drive up from Pittsburgh. Gotta run..

Have a great Monday everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 3:12 pm

I'm back, with less hair and a sack of Amish candy.  Drool   There is a little store that is run by the Amish and they have a HUGE assortment of old-fashioned candies.  Couldn't pass up all of it, so three little bags came home with me.  Cinnamon balls, chocolate stars, and chocolate covered toffee.  LOVE that toffee.

We just hung out, watched the Xfinity race on Saturday and the Sprint Cup on Sunday, and ate lasagna.  

Rose, what did you think of that Sprint Cup race.  Those guys spent the whole race acting like it was the last 10 laps.  Frankly, it is absolutely amazing what NASCAR has done to keep the drivers safe.  They hit the wall and each other at over 200 mph, drop the window nets, and walk away completely unhurt.  Although, I'll bet Danica is a little sore today, as is Chris Buescher.

Cousins have redone their screened back porch, adding real windows and a low wall so the raccoons can't tear through the screens and break in, like they have done before.  With all the new windows open, it is a very pleasant place to hang out and watch the birds and squirrels.

By the way, I was probably one of the guests. I did check in here but didn't have my password to be able to sign in.

It's always good to get home, too.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:00 pm

I am having probs with ads, they block my reply box....don't ask me...I couldn't begin to figure it out. We r feeling better, hubby is doing much better, and I'm still dragging..but not hacking. We went for a drive on some county dirt roads nearby and saw lots of Amish out in buggies, lots of Amish farms on this one road and we always look at their horses as we go by, but we stopped and stared at one farm cuz the pastures were filled with camels! Camels!!
I think Sunny's appt is the 14th for seeing her surgeon, wishing her good vibes.
Our auction will be in September and we r hoping the house sells before then...we r making plans....ahhhh well, hubby said he wasn't going to haul all this stuff again, have to downsize again....lots to keep us busy.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 8:13 pm

CB, you're actually moving again?! Where to this time? For me, moving is a form of high torture.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyMon May 02, 2016 9:00 pm

I am having probs with ads, they block my reply HBbox....don't ask me...I couldn't begin to figure it out. We r feeling better, hubby is doing much better, and I'm still dragging..but not hacking. We went for a drive on some county dirt roads nearby and saw lots of Amish out in buggies, lots of Amish farms on this one road and we always look at their horses as we go by, but we stopped and stared at one farm cuz the pastures were filled with camels! Camels!!
I think Sunny's appt is the 14th for seeing her surgeon, wishing her good vibes.
Our auction will be in September and we r hoping the house sells before then...we r making plans....ahhhh well, hubby said he wasn't going to haul all this stuff again, have to downsize again....lots to keep us busy. Yes we r, health issues raising ugly heads for us both, getting closer to Jessi for now.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 12:11 pm

CB, I'm really sorry to hear about your health problems. Being nearer family will be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 3:28 pm

CB, make sure you are logged in every time, the ads become a pain when you aren't for sure logged in. Sorry health problems are forcing you to move again, but will say having family close for times of illness and injury is VERY important!
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 5:18 pm

ARK, sent you an email to invite Lynne Beaird to our group, she was huck........ something or another on our very ancient AMMI. I really think she would love us and we certainly would enjoy her. I'll let her bring us up to date but want to mention this so might make understanding easier. Gary, hubby, is a veteran and he suffered a serious, life threatening stroke 5 years ago and she is his total caregiver. Welcome her please!

ELLEN, I watched both races this weekend, and am so very thankful for NASCAR's safety measures. Although, like you said, Chris, Danica, and Matt most certainly had to be sore! Geez, seemed like Matt would never finish flipping and rolling. I'm okay with results cause Kyle didn't win!!!!! Nope, still despise him!

GM, whats going on with the Frankie/Francis saga? Update please!

CB, what health issues are ya'll facing now, need help?

TRUDY, glad tulips and puter are both doing well now!

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 5:39 pm

Rose, Kyle Busch is a little better now than he used to be, but I'm still not a fan. I think he has finally grown up a little bit, but he can still show a spoiled brat attitude now and then. The best I can say about him is that he really is a great driver.

Today started out cloudy and drizzly, then later we've had a mix of blue and gray sky. It's about 65 now, which is nice. I went to vote, then the grocery, and then came home and mowed the yard. All those puffy dandelions are gone - for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyTue May 03, 2016 9:45 pm

CB
I don't know how you do it. Have you found a new place to move near Jesse yet? I sure hope it works out for you and Harry!

ROSE
Zippy sheds, but slowly. He is still shedding while Trinket and the big horses are about done.
Just send Lynn the link to the forum and have her register, the tab next to the Log In spot.. I can approve it then.

Nice day here, except for a thunderstorm. Caught the herd out in it. Soggy ponies.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyWed May 04, 2016 12:27 pm

Having great weather here. Going thru things, really downsizing as we found a tagalong camper we would like to get, then we can move when Jessi is transferred. If she goes overseas, the other kids get us near them, lol. I don't like the cold but we just need to be near kids I think. I do miss them, much more than I thought, and with a camper rv, we can travel a bit for now.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 10:17 am

As for the down-sizing, it is amazing the amount of stuff we can get along without. I still have a few useless items, but very few. Having a small house discourages the accumulation of extra stuff.

I sure wish this perma-gloom would go away. It's been cloudy and drizzly for days and days.

Indy App, you are the one who coined 'perma-gloom'. Where are you?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 11:16 am

And so it begins...took some tack we didn't need to sell, looked at the horses, ahhhhh, there was a 31 inch white made with a tiny Lil white colt mini, can we say ahhhhhh! Gosh, they were cute. We left after tack sold as I'm still not feeling up to par, no energy at all, pfffft. Today we work on camper part of the horse trailer, downsize there too of all the stuff that is stuffed in there. And then advertise the horse trailer. Bluey is due to have her pups on the seventh, egads, puppies thrown into all this, but oh well. Vet will spay her this time!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyThu May 05, 2016 6:27 pm

Oh, CB, I can't imagine having to move as much as you have! My heart goes out to you.

Yes, cold and raw and wet here, too, with not much change expected before Monday --though we need the rain badly.
I have a fire going in the woodstove right now, and it feels good!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 12:11 am

BEECH
We have a fire in our woodstove, too. It has been a perma-gloom day here, also. (I like that word Laughing , ELLEN.) It rained all day, the horses got soaked to the bone, and Kazi and Daisy started shivering this evening. It is 45°. We put light blankets on them. That's the first time I have ever seen Daisy shiver and Kazi hasn't since she was pregnant in 2004 and didn't grow a winter coat. They have both shed their winter coats and weren't ready for this cold rain today. I can't stand to see them shiver!

ROSE
Where is Gunner located? I bet you can't wait to have him home!

CB
You are a stronger person than me. I dread the day we have to move again. Are you going to sell your horses?

Donnie and I are watching a series called "Bosch", about a police detective in LA. If the main character had a North Carolina accent, he could be RICK's twin brother! It's on Amazon prime shows.

RICK
When are you taking off for Scotland? Must be soon...

Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Oops, I've got to amend that weather report! The sun -- the SUN!! -- came out late this morning -- so now I've got a wash out drying on the line.

And, oh dear, it looks like I might have to drag a lawnmower out of the cellar soon. Eeeerrrrgh....

Ellen, are you still scootering? Golden Girl, my Reflex is now ready to go, having been tuned up and inspected.This year, I trailered it (alone and a little nervously) the 22 miles to the shop for that (because last year it broke down five miles from home on my spring maiden voyage, before I had it looked at), and while I was waiting there for it, I fell into conversation with a fellow old-timer who, it turned out was driving a late-model Bergman 400. I looked that over and drooled some over it as he tooled out of there -- but also decided that I'm better off, now that I'm flirting with Old Age, with the smaller and lighter 250 Reflex. (I did take some comfort from deciding that that old-timer definitely looked older than I do, though he turned out to be nine years younger....) That big, slick Bergman sure looked nice, though, and I thought of you.

When I told my new/old doctor, whom I love (I'm guessing he's only about 48, and I've returned to him after about 4-years with another doc), at least in part because he drives a motorcycle (and a bicycle lots, too),that I was thinking of giving up the big scooter, he said, "Why?" and I said, "Because I'm three weeks into my xth [you can fill in the blank] year!" to which he responded, "SOOOO???" I love it!

Little scooter, my Honda Ruckus, is in the shop, as is the golf cart that I call my poor woman's tractor, 'cause I use it to tow around tools, manure, leaves, logs and the like in a good-sized trailer. Now it's time to balance the checkbook. Double Eeeeeergh......

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptyFri May 06, 2016 7:45 pm

Beech, I'm really glad to hear that you are still motorcycling. Mine needs to have some work done to it. I'll get it loaded on the trailer and take it to the shop and let them give it a good going over. Then, I'll be back riding again.

Today has been a really nice day. Made a grocery run, went to Lowes for some cable to make the railing for the new part of my deck, went to Menards and got new dock boards to replace the ones the tree fell on. Then, I spent the whole afternoon watching the horse races, including the Kentucky Oaks. I was disappointed to hear that Songbird had a low grade fever and was scratched a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking forward to seeing her run again.
Rachel's Valentina, the last foal of Rachel Alexandra, was favored, but she didn't do well at all.
Tomorrow is the Big One. Guess where I'll be. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptySat May 07, 2016 1:16 am

We went out to dinner with a cuz last night to Springfield brewing company and got to sample their beers they brew. I found them all to bitter for my taste, had dinner and talked for four hours, got home and knew bluey was in labor..,first puppy arrived at 3:30 and I kept watching, dozing, waiting....at 8 I called vet, took her for an xray....no more puppies! One Lil black and white piebald male with Lil tan cheeks and eyebrows.
Tomorrow we will go to a rendezvous, buckskinners, and lots of venders....then the next 4 days heavy rains,.,
Sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 EmptySat May 07, 2016 10:06 am

CB
Congrats on new puppy! wavy As an only pup, he will sure get a lot of loving!

ELLEN and BEECH
You ladies are a inspiration, zipping around on your motorcycles! :dance: Have fun now that riding season is here. cheers

We are having a pretty day today, lots of sunshine sunny . Lots to do in that sunshine......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

May of 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

May of 2016
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next