Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May of 2016

Go down 
+4
Rose
Graymare
Manygatess
Beech
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

May of 2016 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 12:28 am

ELLEN
Chicken & dumplings sound great!! Drool I hope your cousins enjoy the race.

CB
Good luck with the house sale.

GRAYMARE
Too hot, too early! We have been in the low 80s the past couple of days. Feels like summer. We put up 75 pretty haybales yesterday and beat the rain. wavy

If all goes well, Lori and I are taking Areion to a small local horse show tomorrow, just to walk around and see the sights. She has never been anywhere alone. She did visit that same show a couple of years ago, but had Ivan as a companion. She is probably not going to enjoy going alone....
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 9:25 am

Yes, cousins did like the house. They also enjoyed sitting on the deck in the swing. The swing is one they've all sat in a thousand times before the remodel. It is over a hundred years old.
The chicken and dumplings turned out pretty well and was all gone. It's so easy to make, I don't know why I haven't done it more often.
One cousin's son works for A.J. Foyt on the Hawkworth team, so he'll be working in the pits. They'll get to see him after the race - unless his team wins and the celebration is on.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyFri May 27, 2016 7:29 pm

Hope she does great for you.

OK, I'll share weenie with ya, but I'm putting off fillings cuz I'm such a wuss.

Rain and more rain here....ahhh well better than snow ....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptySat May 28, 2016 12:52 am

affraid affraid affraid hot today in the afternoon............

Went to Costco today and stocked up for the mtns. I don't think I'm going to keep my membership as I can find most of what I buy at Winco, minus any membership fees. Also, some prices are cheaper at Winco..........have any of you been there? I think it's only here in the southwest...............not sure.

ARK, are you & Aerion packed for the horse show?.....it'll be good for her....grow up time.

ROSE, I have itchy feet waiting for a pic of you & Inky........he has to be so cute now.

No other news.................. Sleep God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptySat May 28, 2016 9:48 am

I wish WinCo was in this part of the country. I'd sure shop there. Sam's or Costco is the only discount grocery we have around here, and both of those are so far away I only go about once every three or four months.

It's been in the mid 80s everyday this week and the water temperature has come up to make swimming more appealing. Monday it was still to cold to want to consider it - for me. Kids thought it was just dandy. It's the holiday weekend, so the lakes have come alive with boats, pontoons, and kayaks.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptySun May 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Whew! It's been a long weekend. 300 miles yesterday and 1100 today. ROFL NASCAR yesterday, Indy 500 this afternoon, and NASCAR this evening.
The winner of the 500 was a real surprise. 24 year old rookie, Alexander Rossi.
Rose, were you as happy as I was to see Truex win it? To lead all but 12 miles of 600, he sure deserved the win. I think all the other drivers were happy to see him win too.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 1:05 am

Areion had a terrific lesson yesterday with Lori. She took her first solo trip in the trailer to the local New River Valley Horse Show. She was walked all around the grounds, encountered lots of new sights and sounds, then got ridden around in the warm up arena. She wasn't entered into any classes, this was a just a 'learning to live through weird experiences' lesson. She did much better than expected! Despite the noise, people, horses, moving ambulance with flashing lights, low flying airplane, guy with a weedeater, loud intercom system, and being without a herd mate, she never freaked out or gave any trouble! Lori is in red, I am in purple. Areion is in dappled grey...

May of 2016 - Page 5 PsfDPa

May of 2016 - Page 5 QvcAe4

May of 2016 - Page 5 JZizJe

May of 2016 - Page 5 PJ5LqV

May of 2016 - Page 5 J7dI6n
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 8:17 am

I was hoping you'd post about how Areion did at the show. Looks and sounds like she did very well.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyMon May 30, 2016 9:20 pm

ARK, she looks lovely............and she might always do better without Ivan, than with him.....................she has to be herself without any antics affecting her. When she does go in classes the judge will sure see her beauty..............
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:29 am

Lori gave Areion her regular lesson today and she was really good. Warm weather brings out the best in her, it seems. Lori says Areion is ready for a beginner's dressage class, so we will be looking for one coming up soon.

Areion has been acting so mature lately. No big spooks and she is taking her "job" seriously. Donnie trimmed her feet earlier this morning and she didn't give him any trouble about it. After her lesson today, I poured buckets of water over her and she stood rock still, seeming to enjoy it. Ivan would have had a heart attack, he avoids water whenever possible.

Ivan didn't get a lesson, I am waiting until after my Wednesday doctor's appointment before riding again.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 1:13 am

Oh ARK, Aerion did so well at the show and in her pics she sure looked calm, cool, and collected.  She sure has grown up nicely.  Glad you were able to deter the escapees fairly easily and get your hay in.  Poor Zippy, he doesn't deserve all this misery!
GM, promise pictures are coming.  I finally, as in yesterday, got a simple little camera with IS (stability to account for my tremor), memory card, rechargeable batteries and charger and camera bag.  Sweet Nikki sold me her older camera setup so I can document and save Inky's growing up!  3 weeks old today and I'll have to share (with ARK's help, the short video of him getting his brand new foal halter on.  Of course James and Nikki wouldn't let me wrestle the little guy, afraid of me getting hurt.  He actually sat down on his butt after the halter was on............silly Inky!  I love him dearly!
ELLEN, I had tears streaming down my face over Martin's win!  Lord knows he deserved it!  All the teams pit crews, drivers, all congratulated him.  His girl friend has certainly been through a lot with cancer and treatment and he was beside her every step of the way.
TRUDY, you can remove Windows 10 in the add/remove programs of the control panel.  I have fought every which way to keep it from installing on my laptop!  It is treacherous!
CB, thank the Good Lord that Jaemi is doing so much better and Jeff also.  Jaemi will come around when she gets better.
Hugs all around, be back later!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyTue May 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Rose, I spent quite a bit of time on Sunday wiping tears. The ceremonies at the Indy 500 and again at the Coke 600 were very moving. When the kid won the 500, he was in tears in the car as he crossed the finish line - all but out of fuel. When he got back to the winners circle, he didn't get out of the car for several minutes, trying to compose himself.
Then, when Martin won, it was the same thing all over again. He and his girlfriend have been through so much together and are winning that battle too.
All in all, Sunday was a very good day.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 5:40 am

Hello Folks... I finally found you again. Yay!! Old computer was on the fritz and ended up getting a new one. Lost a bunch of addresses and I had no idea what the name of the forum was that this group is hosted on. Well I'm up at O dark hundred with allergy. I took new meds last night to clear my sinus, only problem is that when it says it is non-drowsy, it also means that I can't sleep if I want to. Note to self, do not take non-drowsy meds at night and do not take meds that may cause drowsiness during the day. So started playing around on old computer to see if I could bring it back to life at all to retrieve lost addresses and viola'. So I've written down the address and will inbed it in the new computer and will try and catch up on what everyone has been doing. Gosh it's good to be back. Now that I have this figured out, I need to try and get some sleep.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 8:43 am

Hi Indy! I'd been wondering where you were. I'm glad you're back.
When I'm away from home and using somebody else's computer without the "favorites", I type in 'over 50 horse friends', and that will usually bring up this website.

CB, where are you? What's going on?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 10:01 am

INDYAPP
wavy You're back! Good to see you, sorry you lost us for awhile.

ROSE
Your video on Facebook is very cute! Unfortunately, it is hosted by Facebook, not YouTube, so I can't post it here from there. I will try to get a screenshot of it this evening and post a photo. If your friend can post it to YouTube, we can link it here.

Gotta run. I have a doctor's appointment today and need to get the barn done, bath taken, lunch with Donnie in Blacksburg....first....Will change the month's new thread later...rake

Oh!

Happy BIRTHDAY, RICK!! :dance:
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 4:33 pm

:dance: Have the very Happiest Ever Birthday Rick! wavy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Happy birthday rick.
Here, just super busy, think I broke a few ribs, yeah, I know, I need the bubble wrap....going g for exrays tomorrow.
Jeff is standing, eating, so happy
Jaemi seems more at ease, getting back in stride.
Neices and families r coming tomorrow to spend time with their dad, who isn't doing so good.....its been bad month or so,

Hi to one and all, had trouble signing in again.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 11:10 pm

CB
For goodness sake.....How did you hurt your ribs? I am glad some things are getting better.....Sorry about your brother.... hug

Time to change the month here. Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t57-june-2016#7636

Or go to Basket and click on June 2016. May is now closed for business.

See ya!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May of 2016   May of 2016 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

May of 2016
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5