Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2017

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

February 2017 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Sounds yummy ELLEN.

I'll bet you're glad to be home CB...........

Where are Rose, Beech, Indy, & everyone?

Rain on & off all day..........glad for all the free water.  I never thought about the gift.....we are swamped and it seems it's over now.........
The barn bums are loving the extra hay........cheers
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 1:28 am

CB:
 Oh, good! I am glad you are home.   When is your next trip?  Laughing  

GRAYMARE:
 Free water is good.  Too much free water might be a little hard to deal with....;-)    We are in a delightful period of non-rain, snow, ice, or anything very wet right now.  I have enjoyed the lack of mud.  Somehow, though,  Ivan and Areion manage to find the one place where the dirt must be a bit moister than the rest and roll in it.  I am not sure why I give them baths.   We have a nice creek running thru our property that we have considered pumping water from onto the lower pasture if we get into another drought.  The creek has never gone dry, so far, even in the worst of our droughts.  It's a pretty creek with an unfortunate name,  Neck's Creek.  I have no idea how that came about.  We have about 1500 feet of it running behind our barn and separating the house and barn from the lower hay field.

ELLEN:
 That sounds yummy!  That pressure cooker is a handy item.  

Shadow didn't get kicked today.  I kept an eye on Cactus when Shadow was in the area and no one was threatened.  Hopefully yesterday's incident was just a "Welcome to the Club" initiation and that will be the end of it.  I did see two of the outdoor cats tell Shadow to move on, and he did.  Shadow actually did better today than he has in the week we have had him.  He came when called from across the field a couple of times.  He took treats when he came when called, so maybe I can inspire some food motivation.  He also played with the ball with the rope on it!  I think he is learning how to play with toys.  We were in the barn area for several hours this afternoon and he didn't try to leave the area at all and came to me for hugs.  Donnie was trimming Zippy's feet while I cleaned the barn.  Shadow was very good.  Donnie still hasn't found a different name that we can agree on.  His name may stay Shadow.  I suggested Dex, Tex, Mex and Rex, but he didn't quite get into them.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 11:33 am

Slept around the clock a full 13 hours.....my usual is 6 hours, ill bet that says a lot of how tired we were.
Now we clean out old camper and get it sold....the fun begins. 
Next trip is to pa to see harrys sisters and brother and some friends. I think in may, and then back to idaho in june for a campout. And then be sloths traveling here and there aimlessly and enjoying seeing new places. But very slow traveling.....none of this have to get back stuff where we get worn out.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2017 10:37 pm

Once up and moving, went to bank, went to lowes, went to grocery store, came home and put ant killer granules down, sprayed weeds thru the entire yard, cleaned horse tubs, refilled, put a small fence around our tree as horses decided they liked the taste of it, and as hubby brought basket loads over for me to put away....am too tired to poop!  Have my pjs on and ready for a long winters nap, except daytime temps are 65 thru 90 this next week, so thinking spring is here.
Yegads, i is beat....sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 12:04 am

Today, I decided to go to Sam's in Fort Wayne. Called a friend and we decided to meet at a commercial baking supply store. I was sort of interested in looking at some cookie cutters. Her job was to tell me 'you don't need that'. She was not successful. Worse yet, she bought some too. I bought five. Now, I just have to make the cookies to try them out.
The store itself was impressive. They have just about everything anybody could want for baking decorative cakes, cookies, and candies.
We had lunch and visited for quite a while. I went to Sam's and came home. It was a fun day and the weather was great. 65°.

CB, you must be worn out after all you did today.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 12:25 am

ELLEN:
Sounds like a fun day! What shape cookie cutters did you get?

CB:
You are a busy bee! After a trip like you had, I would be too tired to move for a week.

GRAYMARE:
Still raining? I think if winter returns here we are all going to scream. Spring has sprung a month early. It was 72 degrees here today! sunny sunny

I spent a lot of time outside with the horses and Shadow. After cleaning the barn, I played with Shadow for awhile. He is getting better about playing and actually ran from the upper field to me at the barn when I called him. He was a very good pup today. I have been running Ivan and Areion around the arena every day to get some exercise. Ivan can go on for a long time and barely get warm. Areion gets hot much faster. She got a bath after her run. She didn't even have a halter on, she likes a bath. She is getting stronger with the exercise. Lori said on our last ride that she could tell Areion was stronger than she had been earlier.

Ivan did a funny thing during the ride on Saturday. We crossed a fairly wide stream. Both horses were splashing around and Ivan reached down and picked up a tree branch out of the water. When it dripped and wiggled a bit, he startled and dropped the branch. That's the first time I have seen him pick something up out of water.

Today I reserved two pipe corrals at the Sandhills, S.C. endurance ride in early April. If Areion continues to improve, we will take her and Ivan. If she doesn't get strong enough to do a 25 mile ride, Lori's mustang, Tonto, will go. Tonto won't do the official ride, he will just go for Lori to ride around for fun. I am hoping the corrals will be a happier place for Ivan than the barn stalls were three years ago. He hates being locked in a stall. Now I just have to get myself in better shape.....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 2:33 pm

I got one very large flower cutter, probably 5 inches across. One smaller shamrock, and one that is the state of Indiana, and a set of 3 little bitty flowers. The little ones are more for cutting fondant than cookies - I think. I sure don't know much about it. But, I'll have fun trying.
I'm going to bake a Texas sheet cake and cut out the large flower, then ice it and TRY to paint it. We'll see how that goes. I'm not too hopeful.

Sounds like Shadow is going to learn to come to you as he bonds more with you. I'm sure the sick older lady didn't play with him very much. She just loved him and loved having him near. He did his job with her, and now he will do his job with you.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 7:37 pm

Maybe others arnt posting, becuz like me it takes 3 or r times before a post replies, i just lose them when i hit send.  Grrrrrr.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 11:01 am

I haven't had any trouble posting, but I think Rose has had some problems.

We have had such a nice string of weather lately. I'm not going to like it if it goes back to normal cold for February. My tulips are coming up like crazy.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Record high tomorrow here, 90 degrees. Ooolala! Gonna be a heat wave! Had to run ac daytime, heater at night.....

Well another day of cleaning out the old and finding room in the new....one day we may get it done...

My right knee is still so swollen, caused bruising ....owie....doc says i sat too long traveling....but we stip often between getting gas and potty breaks for us and the dogs. Ive had injections in my knees, but wowzer they both throb. My husband asked about me riding and she just laughed....not sure what that meant.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 4:14 pm

CB:
 Sorry about your knee pain.  Donnie has to be careful about sitting too long, too, or his knees hurt.  There is nothing I can do to make your posts come thru.  Your device and server may be having connecting issues.  Since only you and possibly ROSE have these issues, I suspect it is your local or regional connections dropping before a post can go thru.  Whatever it is, this website can't cure the problem.  

ELLEN:
 The cookie cutters sound cute!  I collected a few cookie cutters over the years, mostly goat shapes, but never actually used them to make cookies.  The flower shape cookies would be fun to decorate.
  Is your neighbor, Travis, disappointed in the lack of winter for riding his snow mobile?  

It is cooler here today, 53 degrees,  and lightly raining.  I got the barn clean between  raindrops.  Tomorrow will be warmer and then Friday it will be in the 70s!! wavy   Donnie is taking the day off and will be hauling the horses, Lori, and me to Foster Falls on the New River Trail.  We plan to ride about 12 miles at a decent pace.  We will see how Areion does at that distance.    Our riding lessons for the past 3 weeks have all been on the trail.

This is how I glamourously get on Ivan.  He is short, but I am shorter.... Wink

February 2017 - Page 5 Gettin10

Thankfully, he will sidle up on just about anything to let me on!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi all.  It's gorgeous here today..  I'm stripping the walls in the family room of everything & I'm painting next week.  Prepping is harder than the work.  I got an itch to change the colors so better get it done before a case of the lazies sinks in...........I'm far enough along now that I can't change my mind.  Ha, that works.  Call me NUTS.

Isn't that the way everyone gets on a horse ARK?

I was going to the Arabian Show today & then the stallion auction tonight.  My friend got sick and she was the one buying at the auction.
I just don't want to drive clear across town.  I've been a million times in 33 yrs, worked the judges office, etc. so not much can be new.  It is a lot of fun to see...........maybe Friday for a different sale.  I like to keep in touch with blood lines and what they monetarily bring in.  BUT, it's Scottsdale and we all know it's inflated.

Nothing new...........just working along and cooking in my Instapot.

Gd bless.  Everyone have a good evening.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 5:51 pm

I think there were others that lose posts too, but i will just plug along.

Gm i would love going to auction...miss having so many to choose from like when we were in mo. They do have a few but it is quite a ways to drive, 2 to 5 hours.

Ark have fun riding the trails. What does donnie do with his extra time...lol

Trudy, has the weather gotten better.

Ellen, ill bet you have been knitting up a storm....

Well, back on my head.....
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 11:07 am

Sunshiney daaayyyyy! Spose to be record hi today...am glad for ac!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 4:19 pm

Nothing much going on around here. It's 63° today and tomorrow, then it gets cold again - typical for February. I just hope my tulips will survive. They decided it was time to pop up out of the ground, about 3 inches.
Yes, I have been knitting and finished a sweater I'd been working on. I have the yarn to start another one. But, I'd better be checking my supply of baby blankets. There are three babies arriving this summer. For one of them, I'll have to knit another Christmas stocking.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 10:17 pm

Hey, Rose!  Did you see Chase beat all the big boys in the Duel?  He did a great job to hold all of them off at the end.

@!#$%$^^&( I thought Jr. was going to win the 2nd Duel. He led all but about 3 or 4 laps of the whole thing. I really wanted Jr. to get it.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 8:34 am

I'm BACKKKKKKKKKKKK...no Internet for days on end. Finally after many phones calls I finally spoke with someone who actually helped me. We did have a outage but it was fixed days ago. The woman said that our phone line showed no connection. I jiggled the wires around and VOILA we have Internet. YIPPEEEE

It's going to be 71 here today. Heat wave for sure. People are walking around without coats and next week they will all be sick when the cold weather swings around and come back. LOL

CB: If you are having so much knee trouble, riding may not be an option. My ortho doctor gave me a big warning years ago. "Stop riding or you will be making a new friend when you are older, Johnny Walker and not the good Johnny Walker either." He wasn't kidding and since I am such a wimp and sure didn't want a knee replacement, for once in my life I actually listened. My knee hardly hurts any more and I haven't had a shot in it in years. I did buy one of those Tommy Copper knee braces for days when I have pain. They do work really well.

ARK: I also thought that is how everyone mounts their horses. LOL I always thought how cool it would be to have my horse lay down so I could just hop on.

ELLEN: I have some fancy cookie cutters. They are hanging on my wall as decorations. LOL Never even have touched cookie dough.

Have a great Friday...I'm off to catch up on my email.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 8:49 am

ELLEN, I was screaming for Junior to win!  Darnit!  I think he's going to have a great season Very Happy   Yep, I saw what young Mr. Chase did, he sure had great timing, proud of that child.  Jeff was also!

Thankfully my colonoscopy is today so I will be ready for Daytona on Sunday!  I haven't had FOOD since Wednesday evening and can't even have coffee this morning.  None of my friends or even my sweet daughter would talk to me yesterday, something about my less than sunny disposition.  Drinking a gallon of Colyte will do that for you pale Sure hoping this procedure will give some answers to my stomach/digestive problems.

ARK, loved your  riding and horse pics.  Don't feel bad about your mounting activity, I do the same and durned if Cross isn't growing taller daily.  His dam is 15.2 and i was sure hoping he'd stay under but it isn't looking good.

Guess I'd better shower and get ready to drive to Columbia............bbl, hugs
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 4:20 pm

Rose, i have one in april, both endo and colon...ugh....but only have to prep once, hate that! Hate being hungry....good luck on urs.

Trudy, you are right, my knees arnt great, i jyst wanted to ride one more year. Most if swelling has gone away from the trip at least....we wont be traveling as long and steady in the future. We have our camper on the truck, can stop often....like turtkes with their homes on their backs. Jaemi is going to help us find good homes for the horses this fall....sigh....its time....but will get a few rides this year yet.

Happpy birthday, Ark!

Grdson kyle is coming to visit before he ships out....im happy about the visit, not the shipping out.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:45 pm

Oh gads TRUDY........I'll bet you were so mad to simply jiggle the wires..................I had that happen years ago,  think in about 2000.
Brother.

Hi ROSE........great to see you.  Hope your colonoscopy went well today and you are home eating and eating all  your fave's...........

ELLEN, you will be busy.............affraid
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:58 pm

CB.  Forgot.  I'm glad for you your grandson is coming to visit.  We didn't know he was being deployed.  Where is he going? Sure will be hoping for the best for him.

Is SUNNY doing well with her physical therapy?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 10:54 pm

Gm, he isnt allowed to tell us....ill worry about him, that i will.

Old camper is cleaned, new one has a spot for most wverything.....hubby is going to put new bathroom paneling in the old bathrrom and recaulk around the tub and its ready to go. Am putting it on craigslist and abilene horse site and tge thrifty nickel paper. Hope it goes soon.

Tomorrow we watch harper while big kids go to tatoo convention in town, im sure they will all come home with a new one.  Dinner on the grill and an early breakfast for kyle to head back. Sad....but will be supportive.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 12:36 pm

What a difference! Yesterday was 65°. This morning, it's 31° and trying to snow, along with some wind. I hope the warmer days don't stay away too long.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 12:44 pm

31 here at the homestead this AM.  Now, 8:20A with sun up 38.
That's Arizona. The sun is always hot in AZ, not nec the temp.
It will be about 60 today...........

I'm continuing room destruction for painting....I'm almost finished.
Painting next week.  Then adding some new ideas.  That's the fun part.

Have a great ride today, ARK.  Hope Donnie and Atta Boy have fun, too.  We call Rex:  Preacher Man (friend named him that) and Atta Boy, all the time, plus T Bone, Awesome, Happy Boy, Trezz (Treasure),
Squire, Lucky Chance (we're the Lucky part) and anything endearing we think of.  Seriously, he answers to any or all.  He's a true shepherd so we also call him Shep.

Going out to the computer store with TL as he is headed for a new one. I will look at TV's and console stands.  We don't know what we want yet, just checking prices and sizes.  I'm taking my trusty tape measure. We may not get anything.  Well, we definitely won't get a TV today.

The bath tub is in.  Now plumbing hook up, electrical, & tile to come
tomorrow.  TL is doing the plumbing and elec is in, just needs to motor hooked up.  One of SIL's friends is doing the tile next week.

CB, since Kyle's deployment is "secret" we will all pray harder. Our country is struggling, for sure.

That's it for today folks......cheers

Everyone have a good day.......God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks,  CB. Very Happy

Our "new" old trailer is the first one I've had that the fenders where good to climb up on.  It is a marvel to me to use as a mounting block... Laughing

I spent all day yesterday with the horses, Donnie and Lori.  We went on a 12 1/2 mile ride on the New River Trail in an area with only one bridge.  Those bridges are kind of a pain since we have to get off the horse and get back on.  No trailer fenders to climb on out there in the sticks.  We did the first 5 miles in one hour, so 5 mph.  We did the last 7 slower since there was more gravel and Areion wasn't wearing boots or shoes.  Areion did really well!  She was calm all day and wasn't too tired at the end.  Ivan was a fire breathing dragon the first mile, but calmed down after that and was good for the rest of the ride.  He is such a pill when he goes into dragon-mode.  He expends too much energy on his emotions then and seemed draggy toward the end when he shouldn't have been.  He is worse about it when Areion is along, I think he worries about her.  Hopefully he will get over that.

Anyway, the ride showed that Areion's physical condition is getting better and we are going to keep working on her going to the 25 mile ride in SC in April.  It was a beautiful blue sky day, mid-70s and a light breeze. Ivan's winter coat made him a bit warm, but Areion's shorter coat didn't seem to bother her.  It was a good ride after Ivan calmed down.  We had the trail almost to ourselves.  sunny    Today I feel like I could sleep all day, but am basically fine after yesterday's ride.  

Our neighbors are taking us out to dinner tonight to celebrate Donnie's degree completion!  Is that nice or what?

February 2017 - Page 5 Birthd10
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Rose, are you watching the Xfinity demolition derby? I guess it's because there are so many rookies, but they are crashing all over the place and taking out a LOT of cars in the process.
I wonder what's going to happen tomorrow in the big race.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February 2017   February 2017 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2017
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next