Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

APRIL 2017

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
Graymare
cb
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 5:05 pm

sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  

April 2017

APRIL 2017 Aprilf11

sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny  sunny
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 6:00 pm

Not close enuf evidently....muahauhaha!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptySat Apr 01, 2017 6:07 pm

CB:

Laughing
You beat me back here! My internet connection dropped out right after I got the photos posted. I went outside to help Donnie with the trailer brakes. It seems we need to do a little re-wiring, two of them aren't working. This is good to know before we go down the interstate where it drops 2000 feet in four miles at the VA/NC line. affraid

It is a cloudy 55 degrees here and windy. I am about to freeze outside. It doesn't take long to get used to 70 degree weather.

We have about a million things to do this weekend. We got the feedstore trip done, barn cleaned, and now the trailer is being worked on. We are going next Thursday to S.C. with Ivan and Areion, and Lori. We are going to look like the Beverly Hillbillies by the time we get the truck and trailer all loaded with camping and horse stuff. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 12:01 am

Hey CB...... you had me fooled............you can yell "GOTCHA"...........I read that this morning and never remembered today is April Fool's Day.................
Hey, WAY better than you being stuck with a stallion............ Cool
Call me Gullible. LOL. I had another Fool's joke pulled on me..........friend w mule called and said her mule colicked really badly. I totally fell for that one, also.

Oh ARK...................going on those rides is like moving.......Take everything.
Don't worry, it's fun. affraid affraid

I'm watching the final 4..............Boy, these teams are working for their wins............Really good basketball going on...........

Phoenix is crazy with concerts, huge games & attractions for little kids & families, trolleys, motels are booked.It seems bigger than the Super Bowl............The championships bring HUGE (millions) amts of dollars to our state...........

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 12:53 am

Ellen, my coggins was wrong! I just added to it....lol. he does not have gonads...he is calm and laid back....i have no idea why vet techs thought he was a stallion.?

Ark, just have fun...make sure u have your tack and your clothes....donnie could run get anything you forget. I liked the natrc rides, they provided breakfast, sandwich lunch, and dinner for a fee, didnt need much food packed. We had to wear boots, and i forgot mine once, someone loaned me a pair, usually folks r friendly.

GM, sounds like the town is buzzin!  

Hubby rewired the horsetrailer today, an all day project. I cleaned and watched perry mason...brushed the horses, shedding like they mean it finally.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 7:53 am

CB: Wellllllll you got me girlfriend. With all the crazy things that happen in your life I thought "yup that would happen only to her". HAHAHA Thanks for the laugh.

Rain rain rain and now worries about the rivers flooding. More rain next week. April showers. My tulips are trying to peep outta the ground. That snow stopped them in their tracks.

I went to a lipstick party yesterday. I'll probably never wear the lipstick I bought but gotta help out the neighbors granddaughter who is starting her lipstick business. Can't remember the last time I even wore lipstick. Gosh I'm getting old. LOL Chapstick is my friend.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Well! Last week, there were all kinds of warnung for storms, last nite, oh just some thunder storms....sure! Much worse last night, thunder and lighyning and wind, poured for sux hours straight, our yard and paddock totally floo
ded, power is out now for over 6 hours. Not one dang warning out there!
Crazeeeee!
Camper switched to gas so we r fine there, but last week we tied things down, this time my patio set is all over the yard. Buckets, anything loose....
Geesh. 
April came in like a lion.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Aha! Aoril fools on me! Our power was off at our box! Guess lightning got a little close to it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi Gang...............perfect day here................it's going to start to heat up next week so best to enjoy this cool pleasant weather.

I was just watching April the giraffe for a few minutes..........oh heavens, that's like waiting for water to boil.............here's my summary: "She looks fine." LOL.
I feel bad she can't get out at all.................the male is pacing and she is just standing basically gazing about.............I realize it's upstate NY but can't they have a big barn or something to stretch out in? Then back to stall.

Sunday news is on TV and the Peter Piper Pizza ad was on....they have two ads that are the funniest most ridiculous on TV. They do make me laugh.

OK, where is everybody?

Well, off to feed.................bye for now.................

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 11:20 pm

We had a pretty decent day today. It was mid 60s and I was able to partially open one of the sliding doors. I visited with my neighbors from Chicago for a little while and checked out what they have done on the inside of their house. It's nearly done now.
I spent some time watching the NASCAR race. Finished raveling out a sweater that I made and didn't like when it was done. I've started it again with a different pattern.

I haven't seen April the giraffe. I'll have to see if I can find her. I would think they would want her to have some outdoor time. Most zoos have huge acreage for them, even the small Ft. Wayne zoo.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 2:15 am

They said earlier that she really can go in and out into another larger area, shes not been trapped in that pen cuz others complained about it. Hope she has the baby alright.
Rain and cool today....yuck.
Tommorrow clear liquid diet, tuesday tests...yuck yuck
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 11:20 am

Sunshiny Day......birds singing....mud puddles, small ponds actually...starting to dry up. As dry as our ground gets, the rain does Not soak into it...weird but true.
Love, just loooove my beef bouillion for breakfast...yummiest stuff ever.....oh YUM!  Rolling Eyes affraid
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 11:49 am

I 'liked' April's Facebook page and it said the ground was finally safe enough for the giraffes to go outside over the weekend, but April just stood in her doorway while Oliver went outside. Our fellow Foop, Paula, lives about 30 miles from the zoo and she had 35 inches of snow in the last storm. I suspect they are very careful about the footing for the giraffes.

April is sure taking her time!

Donnie fixed the brakes on the trailer over the weekend. Some of the wiring had worn almost thru. He painted the wheels since he was there anyway. He also trimmed Areion's feet. Busy guy. I am still cleaning, organizing, and gathering stuff to take. I brushed enough hair off Trinket and Zippy to make another pony. It's going to rain all afternoon. I hope Ivan stands out in it and washes off his dirt coloring. I looked down the hill this morning and thought I was looking at Daisy. It was Ivan. He looks very palomino-ish. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...whine..........hungry.......
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 11:11 pm

Trailer lights can be the most frustrating thing I know of. Back when I had a horse trailer, it had a LOT of lights on it. Other than the very first time I pulled it, there was at least one light that didn't work every time. I always had to fuss around with them to get them going.

CB, why are you fasting?

Today was a pretty busy day - at least a lot of running around. Off to Walmart to get some additional vinyl fabric for a project for a neighbor. They didn't have anymore. Oops. So, back home for lunch, then off to another town to see if they had what I needed. They had some, but not enough. So, I'll have to combine the two different pieces to make it all work.
Talked to best friend for a long time. We don't talk often, but we make it count when we do. By that time I didn't want to thaw anything from the freezer for supper, so I went to a local place for a pork chop dinner.
By that time it was nearly time for DWTS. Several of the 'stars' I'd never heard of before this show, but there are some pretty good first time performers, and some more experienced performers who did well too. So far, the two I wanted gone are out. It will get harder after this.
I think I hear my bed calling my name.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 1:33 am

Sad Sad Sad  My Zags lost................BUT, they didn't play well, either..........
sev turnovers and missed shots.....................hey, on to baseball...........

Very windy here and will start to warm up next week........affraid
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 1:36 am

LOL, years ago when Piffy & Phoebe were pups they ate the wiring on my horse trailer.......crawled right under and tore it all up.  The had a ball, happy as larks.....What a mess..............It's actually funny now but sure wasn't then.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 7:26 am

ARK: I love that picture at the top of the forum. Isn't that how we all feel about our best horsie friends?

Busy week here in PA. Daughter Amy and grandson came down and picked up the old washer and dryer on Sunday. WOOHOO glad to see that washer go.

Yesterday George decided we should rearrange the enclosed patio. WHEW that was a lot of work, moving all his tables, 5 of them around, one of them went to the hayloft. Why do we need 5 or even 4 tables anyway? Men!!!!!

Today we are off to Lewisburg to try and get donations for the Purple Heart Convention. Hopefully that will go well. We had to have criminal checks done before we were allowed to solicit in town.

Tomorrow my new washer and dryer arrive. That will make 2 happy women, me and Amy. We can wash clothes. Funny how us girls are excited about getting appliances so we can work. LOL

Friday is our young Pastors wedding. Very excited about being invited to his wedding. It should be a lot of fun. I love to get all dressed up for weddings.

Sunday is David's 80th surprise birthday party, he will be so surprised.

Have a great week everyone...
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 11:26 pm

Ahhhhhhh...food....yum yum, num num num.....

Will get results on biopsies....later, but stretched my esopagus and ooening into and out of my pouch....maybe this will help....but i really hate these tests and the prep....yuck.

Camper goes in tomorrow to get repaired.... finally. Yes!

I am going to sleep like a baby tonight, was falling aslleep eating dinner....yawnnnnn.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 2:41 pm

It's another gloomy rainy day, with more of those days to come. Ick.

The good news is that I see some buds coming out of the tulip leaves, so maybe I'll at least have some color in the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 11:52 pm

There's a big storm system coming, sometime after midnight. Lots of rain, lightning and wind. I hope it goes thru fast and goes out to sea. We may have to travel thru the wind part of it tomorrow morning, not something that sounds very good.

It was 70 degrees today, so I washed both Ivan and Areion this afternoon. Poor Ivan's bath happened when some wind came thru. He shivered and shook, partly from nerves, but partly from wind and cold water. Poor guy. Just when his bath was over, the wind calmed down and Areion never got cold at all. She likes a good bath. Both horses look pretty good tonight. They are both in stalls, and hating it, but will roll in the mud if they get a chance. I won't get another chance to get them clean and it will be cooler the rest of the week.

We are leaving for S.C. sometime tomorrow morning, depending on the weather. We have the trailer ready to roll, loaded with horsey stuff, and just have to load groceries and whatever we plan on wearing in the morning. The dog is at the kennel, the neighbor has gone over procedures and seems ready to take care of the place.

I probably won't have wifi for the next few days. Everyone have a great rest of the week! Keep fingers crossed for a successful trip and ride for us!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 12:01 am

Ark, you may not see this until you get back, but I wish you the most fun ever, and a safe trip there and back.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 1:59 am

Good luck, have fun!

I have been sicko from my tests....man...cant eat...throw up...was freezing.....and i had to drag myself to court thus morning...the guy was arrested. Back home and in bed all day long. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 am

CB, I'm sorry you're sick and hope you feel better soon. I'm really glad they got the guy who stole all your stuff. More of those guys need to go to jail for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 11:35 am

Hi everyone,

CB, hope you feel better SOON.  I also hope your saddle thief gets convicted.  Hopefully he is caught for sev thefts.

ELLEN, hope your rain stops soon.

ARK, you go girl and have a last.

TRUDY, your party will sure be fun......and with your new washing machine your clothes will be perfect...........The washing machine is such a great invention..........

Well, pray for my friend.  A couple of days ago she was walking and fell.  She is a serious walker as she walks everywhere, literally, at least 3-4 mi per day.  She tripped, fell, and broke BOTH her elbows.
She is in two slings, can't drive, can't pull her pants down, can't shower (can't use her arms), can't reach toilet paper,  can't lift spoon to mouth etc etc and etc.  What a MESS.  Her husb is bringing her over for a therapy bath in our tub when she feels up to it.  Right now she is in horrible pain.  Also, she hit her head and has a huge cut from her glasses.  When we visited yesterday ( a couple of us went over for
a visit).  So, the girls and her husb drank  wine and we all ate snacks.
I took two choc shakes from Mickey D's.......one for her and one for me.  We have enough blah blahs to cover this so we're anxiously waiting for enough time to pass we can make jokes.  Right now it's a HUGE problem.  She eventually will be fine.  So, prayers for her, please.

God bless.  Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

APRIL 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2017
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next