Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

APRIL 2017

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
Graymare
cb
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Graymare

APRIL 2017 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 11:35 am

Hi everyone,

CB, hope you feel better SOON.  I also hope your saddle thief gets convicted.  Hopefully he is caught for sev thefts.

ELLEN, hope your rain stops soon.

ARK, you go girl and have a last.

TRUDY, your party will sure be fun......and with your new washing machine your clothes will be perfect...........The washing machine is such a great invention..........

Well, pray for my friend.  A couple of days ago she was walking and fell.  She is a serious walker as she walks everywhere, literally, at least 3-4 mi per day.  She tripped, fell, and broke BOTH her elbows.
She is in two slings, can't drive, can't pull her pants down, can't shower (can't use her arms), can't reach toilet paper,  can't lift spoon to mouth etc etc and etc.  What a MESS.  Her husb is bringing her over for a therapy bath in our tub when she feels up to it.  Right now she is in horrible pain.  Also, she hit her head and has a huge cut from her glasses.  When we visited yesterday ( a couple of us went over for
a visit).  So, the girls and her husb drank  wine and we all ate snacks.
I took two choc shakes from Mickey D's.......one for her and one for me.  We have enough blah blahs to cover this so we're anxiously waiting for enough time to pass we can make jokes.  Right now it's a HUGE problem.  She eventually will be fine.  So, prayers for her, please.

God bless.  Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 11:51 am

Oh holy smokes, GM, i dont know if i could get thru this. Are they retired or will they have to hire a nurse.  That has got to be so hard for a very active person. Give her a thumbs up from me that she will get thru this!
The thief is in jail, no money for bond. Tried to plead, but judge told him forget about it. 
Also right after had to be at peacebond hearing for neighbor, whose neighbor assaulted her and i saw it...he told the judge i threatened to shoot him, i told the judge if id had a gun in my hand i would have, he told the guy he was lucky i didnt have a gun in my hand....threw him in jail too. Guy is a tad off his rocker...i just happened to be there at wrong or right time, depending on how u look at it. Glad i could help her for sure at the time. Dont even know this man, he is her neighbor. 
Then came home and collapsed, with chills and sicko....wow. been in bed, sippin liquids....
Feel better today, but still puny.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 11:59 am

Graymare, I'm so sorry about your friend. Having been through something much less serious so recently, I can really sympathize with her. My neighbor found a plastic/rubber sleeve that I could pull on over my bandage/cast and be able to shower. It was a huge help. I know that she won't be able to clean herself, but she could stand in a shower while her husband scrubs her down and washes her hair. The sleeve I have pulled on and would have come all the way to my shoulder if I had pulled it up that far. It was a relief to have a shower and a hair wash.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 12:40 pm

My friend will make it through this fine.......right now she is in such pain.  They have a hot tub in their back yard that her husb got her in last night.  They used a TV table on the steps to rest her arms on on a pillow. Not sure how it worked but she loved the soak..............I'm going over a bit later so her husb can get out and get supplies, etc.
We'll prob watch movies................she might simply sleep.............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Orrrrr she may have to potty.....i bad!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 5:35 pm

About 4 years ago, a younger cousin was putting up Christmas lights on the outside of their house. He was 4 rungs up on the ladder, and fell. It really tore up his elbow. He was fortunate enough to have a sports orthopedist to do the surgery on him. He was in a lot of pain with that for quite a while.
I hope your friend can stop hurting really soon, and then heal fast.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 10:02 pm

CB, she didn't have to potty, she went before we got there............she has a great husband..............real life kind of guy.

Anyhow, we went for a walk.....rather than laying/sitting there in pain, a short walk was in order..............same as in hospital. She was thrilled to be out.
Then we sat under a tree in back yard with lemonades...........oh, and a Hershey Bar.............LOL. I'm sure when we left she napped..............at least she had a reason to be tired instead if sitting all day. She wanted to go for pizza. We said "no". With our luck she'd fall off the chair.........she is a lot better as she laughed her head off and made jokes about the look on an EMT face when they would show up.............then we all laughed ourselves sick...........as we left, one of the gals said "For God's sake, don't get diarrhea"..............the humor is returning.
Her arms & shoulders hurt like mad..........but her spirit isn't broken at all..............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 11:13 pm

Thats great! Love her spirit! And glad she dudnt have to peepee!

Has anyone heard from indy or beech, i see donna and nancylee on facebook.

Feeling better today, but bloated with a capitalB. Brushed red today, soring has sprung i got loads of hair off of him.
He likes to be brushed. I hung the shedding blade on the fence and was scrubbing water tub and he got it off the fence and brought it to me, dropped it in the tub. Lil chit!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 12:11 am

Graymare, I'm glad to hear that she is in good spirits and trying to fight through this. I hope she at least feels better really fast, and heals just as fast.

CB, I'm glad you are beginning to feel better too. It's so much fun when horses do cute little things like that.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 7:30 am

GRAYMARE: Prayers for your friend. What a terrible thing to have happen. Thank God she has a good husband and great friends to help her get thru the nightmare. She is really going to miss her walks.

CB: Great news they put that scumbag in jail where he belongs...both of them. Glad to hear you a feeling a little better.

We had rain rain and more rain yesterday. It rained all day and into the night. Ace & I managed to get one walk in the early morning during a short period of no rain. No rain today, but it's back to windy and cold. Come on spring.....

Trying to figure out the new washer and dryer. they make everything so confusing, so many buttons and dials. GGEESSHHHHH I did manage to wash a couple loads yesterday.

The wedding is tonight, I dug out my fancy wedding clothes from years ago and they fit. WOOHOO...my diet plan is working, didn't have to buy a new dress. Never miss a chance to play dress up.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 11:02 am

Trudy, i forgot, who is getting married? Have a great time!
Nice the dress still fit too, you go girl!

Well off to run errands. Still not deeling great, but its got to be done, ir it may result in starvation, mother hubbards cupboard is getting bare and has anyone noticed can goods have gotten smaller in size and cost the same or more?

And meat is climbing out of site! I feel for folks raising families. Obesity is going to climb cuz pasta with a little meat to flavor it is cheapest meal. Fish, chicken, hamburger which use to be a mainstay when i had kids to feed, they got tuna casserole, spaghetti, chicken noodle soup a lot!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 11:03 am

Trudy, i forgot, who is getting married? Have a great time!
Nice the dress still fit too, you go girl!

Well off to run errands. Still not deeling great, but its got to be done, ir it may result in starvation, mother hubbards cupboard is getting bare and has anyone noticed can goods have gotten smaller in size and cost the same or more?

And meat is climbing out of site! I feel for folks raising families. Obesity is going to climb cuz pasta with a little meat to flavor it is cheapest meal. Fish, chicken, hamburger which use to be a mainstay when i had kids to feed, they got tuna casserole, spaghetti, chicken noodle soup a lot!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 1:49 am

Hi..........

My friend is still doing well.....not much news there. She tires very easily, of course.............She called today, believe it or not, said "Help, I've fallen & I can't get up." Seriously, she is funny as he ll................I asked if she had her push button emergency necklace on this time. Oh boy. We are crazy. She did tell me she has to have x rays each week to be certain she is healing correctly. They "set" her arms/elbows without surgery under x ray........if she is not healing correctly she will have to have surgery. Because of her cancer and illness history she absolutely does NOT want surgery............time will tell...........pray. She said her pain levels are a bit better............certain movement of her body really hurts but perfect stillness is comfortable. I won't see her again until next week. She did say she stayed home by herself for about an hour and a half while her husband went to mass.............he goes each morning (always has). She watched TV in bed, of course and did fine. She said she dozed on & off....he's a great chef so he cooks anyhow and made a nice breakfast when he got home. She is taking very short walks, of course. Her rule is she can only go next to her house. In the morning, her husband was right next to her. She is BORED.........I told her next week we will call a bored meeting. So now I have to think something up.

Any ideas will be considered.............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 12:49 pm

Graymare, how about a game called 'Say Anything'? With your bored members, this could be a riot. Here's the Amazon link. If you scroll down to the game description, you see some sample questions and get the idea of the game.
https://www.amazon.com/North-Star-Games-200NSG-Anything/dp/B001CNS2L8

I wonder how Ark is doing on her ride?
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Catch phrase is a good game, you describe a word or phrase without using the word....think its at walmart.
Fun game, no hands needed, play in teams.
Having easter today with grand daughters, dyeing dggs, got styrofoam airplanes to play with and going on a bike ride.
Fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 10:00 pm

Want ark to get home so we can hear about her trip and how she did on ride!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 12:25 pm

HOHUM.....giving the dogs a bath today...using outside shower....going to be 90 today.
Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 1:21 pm

We finally have a really nice weekend. I even have the doors open. More boats are showing up on the lake.

However, I will be spending a couple of hours inside watching the FEI Omaha World Cup, show jumping. I love watching those big horses going over the 'big sticks'. I think this might be one of the events that will lead up to the next Olympics.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 12:07 am

GRAYMARE:
 I am so sorry for your friend's accident! Wow.  I have a cousin who broke both her wrists when she was 9 years old and couldn't do anything for herself.  It must have been easier when one was 9 and had mama to do her dirty work..... I hope your friend heals up fast!!

I am home from our ride in South Carolina!  I am sooooo tired, but very happy with the results.  This was the same ride I did three years ago and I was much stronger this time and didn't come in looking quite like death warmed over like I did last time.   Lori rode Areion, I rode Ivan.  Both horses did the 25 miles really well and got good marks on their final vet score cards.  Ivan was back to being an energizer bunny who got stronger as the day went on.  This was the best he has acted like he felt in months.  Areion cruised thru the ride and the weekend like she had done it all her life.  She is not the nervous horse that poor Ivan is.  Ivan didn't eat well until after the ride.  Areion ate like it was going out of style, then ate Ivan's leftovers, too.

Neither horse was very spooky, but we did have a couple of moments of excitement.  Ivan and I were going down an embankment toward a dirt road when a vicious, kamikaze butterfly flew out of a bush beside us.  Ivan jumped/flew to the side of the inclined path, then jumped back onto the path and caught me before I totally lost my seat.  That was my closest call of the ride.  I think Ivan was a little embarrassed.  Embarassed   Areion didn't have any big spooks, but a couple of little ones.  She was quite mellow all day.

We finished the ride and vet check with 4 minutes to spare of the 6 allotted hours.  That was cutting it a little close.  We really moved out fast the last half hour of the ride to make it to the finish line on time, and the horses pulsed down in about 4 minutes.  They are in pretty good shape.   We were rewarded with a ride t-shirt at the dinner after the ride. cheers   It's a lot of work for a t-shirt.....

We were delayed in going last Thursday due to the terrible weather and wind, so went early Friday morning when it was howling wind and blowing snow.  The first night was really cold in that trailer, but the next night wasn't bad.  The wind calmed down on Saturday and was quite good weather for a ride.  We had a good trip.  Ivan was very happy to get home and seems back to normal.  Areion just continued eating.  Rolling Eyes

APRIL 2017 - Page 2 Loridi12

APRIL 2017 - Page 2 Dianel10

APRIL 2017 - Page 2 _mg_0210

APRIL 2017 - Page 2 Loriar11

APRIL 2017 - Page 2 Lorimi10
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 12:24 am

Congrats!  Horses did great! How do you feel? Glad you had a fun time and all went well!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 12:46 am

CB:
I feel like someone beat me up with a water hose. I am sore and getting stiffer every minute. Tomorrow should be the worst day, then it will go away. My hip/muscle problem didn't give me very many problems, thankfully. I just feel super saddle sore.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 2:40 am

Hot soaks, aleve, lots of fluids, deep knee bends or get on tomorrow and ride in arena, warms up those same muscles slowly, ride short time, but it will help you and the horse.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Ark, I'm really glad to hear that you had a successful trip with nothing more dangerous than a ferocious butterfly. The pictures looked like you had a really pretty place to ride. It's nice that you have Lori to ride with you. I'm sure she had a good time too.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 11:09 pm

Ark, how ya doin...
We got the camper back on the truck today all fixed up and ready to rock and roll....now we just need to get ourselves ready to roll.
Been bike riding a lil darther each evening trying to strengthen myscles and hopefully burn some calories...hopefully.
Chicken for breakfast, tuna for lunch, shrimp and peas for dinner...serving of v8 for snack, and some 100 per cent juice for bedtime snack....trying to ge
t my veggies and.fruits...and keep carbs low.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 7:02 am

ARK: Happy to hear you had such a great ride and nothing attacked the horses other than a scary butterfly. The photos showed two very happy riders and horses.

We had the well diggers come today and check out our well. Dodged a bullet and we don't need a new well. WHEW.....locally everyone is having well issues after the almost drought of last summer and now all the snow and rain. They drained our tank and said the filter is working just fine. Changed the faucet in the kitchen on Saturday and I have water in the kitchen sink again. YEAH...

Off to the store to get supplies for Easter dinner. The kids are coming and we are having a nice big dinner with the kids, grandkids and one great grandbaby. Little Gemma. Can't wait to hold that little baby again.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 6:34 pm

TRUDY, big congrats on your well being fine. That's a HUGE relief.
Enjoy that sweet little Easter bundle....it will be a fun day.

We have no big plans for Easter. Family coming the following week.............

ARK...............great pics.........Have you recovered? OK, next time 50...............
You're doing great!!!

ELLEN, did you see the news re a gold locket belonging to a Clark from England.........it has been recovered from the Titanic.........HURRY, it might now be yours now.

CB, sounds like you're ready to go.

No News here. God bless. Prayers for all..............

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2017   APRIL 2017 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2017
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next