Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MAY 2017

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 10:11 am

MAY 2017 !!

MAY   2017 Horsee10

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 10:15 am

Welcome to May 2017!  

Summer is upon us.... sunny

MAY   2017 18193110

Last edited by Ark on Mon May 01, 2017 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 11:21 am

May Day May Day.................gosh, 2017 is flying.

Neat pics ARK.................
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyMon May 01, 2017 7:10 pm

Did any of you do a May Pole dance when you were young and in school? We had one teacher who thought it was a dandy idea. I don't think we ever did get the winding sequence right, but we had fun.

Today's weather has included everything but warm. Clouds, rain, sun wind, more clouds.

I made a run to a fabric store and got the vinyl to finish making some covers for a neighbors workshop tools. His table saw spreads sawdust everywhere, so he wanted covers for the router table, sander, etc. The vinyl should make it easier to clean up.
The leftover vinyl will make a nice cover for the seat of the jet ski when it sits in the sun all day, and for my sewing machine when I don't want to put it away right after I use it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Whew. Just finished bike riding...............5 min slow, 5 min average, 5 min fast...............I'm trying to do this daily.........I'm good until Blah blahs call a meeting and then I miss...................fitting up for the mtns.

Horses are eating and happy................I had to put Swat below their eyes. They take fly masks off faster than I can put them on. I pulled manes as long manes get
tangled and braids fall out........LOL. Getting lazier in my aging years.

Temps are going up for the week and then down a bit for a f ew days...........then AZ is off to the races as heat arrives.

Speaking of races...........I need to go read about the Derby and see what's up. Friend told me a Bodemeister son is running..............

Later gators.......have a super day everyone! God bless.............
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 12:53 pm

OK. I'm just sentimental hoping for Rosie & her husband.............

I C & P'd this:

"There's Girvin, the Louisiana Derby winner in a race against time to mend a crack in his right front hoof. His 32-year-old trainer Joe Sharp, the husband of retired jockey Rosie Napravnik, is doing everything he can to heal the colt in time to saddle his first Derby starter. Girvin had a similar crack earlier in the year and responded quickly to treatment."
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 8:08 pm

I would love to see Rosie and her husband have a winner in the Derby. She's been the exercise rider for the horse, so she knows what he can do. I hope the crack gets healed in time.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyTue May 02, 2017 11:59 pm

I wonder what they use to heal cracks so quickly.  Hope it works out.
95 here today, whewwww
Like the winter temos but not these hot humid temps...i wilt.
Went to watch Harper and the other kuds in their church daycare program....mannnnn i thought hubby was going ti burst a gut, he laughed so hard...the whole program was so dang cute, and every so often one would yell out hi to mommy or daddy. Harpers classroom is only 2, they were the youngest, then up to 5. Cute and funny. We enjoyed it immensely.
GM what does alfalfa hay cost in az or in your area. We are talking next year being work kampers, and if we still have horses, just wondered.
Here in tx, a 3 stringer is 20 a bale. Idaho, a ton 20 to 22 bales is 160.
Tomorrow we get the oil changed in the truck and pick up our 90 days prescription....gettin closer to take off.
Sunny us in n.c. staying at her daughters, she loves the weather there, she is expecting great grandbaby number one in june.
Im patiently waiting to have that honor. Both grandsons have girlfriends now at least one can hope now....lol.
Kyle is going to be 24 and therin is 21...im tired of being patient tongue....but i will....sigh....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 12:18 am

CB, $12-19, depending where you buy it.......110lb bales...........some has been stored, some fresh.............
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 12:20 am

Oh, forgot..............is SUNNY going to stay in NC? I know she was making plans to move there............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 12:27 am

I dont know for sure, she thinks she will, her daughter and granddaughter r there. I hope it works out.

Hay is little cheaper there. We thought about work kamping and traveling after this year of visiting...who knows.

Sweet dreams y'all.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 12:30 am

I doubt the hoof crack is actually healed, it is probably repaired with epoxy type stuff that is slathered on and shaped to seal and support the crack.  The crack itself would have to grow out, that would take upwards of a year.  Kind of miracle stuff that can repair a cracked hoof so that a 1200 pound horse can race on it without pain!  I hope this horse gets to race.  No waiting a year for Derby horses.

Speaking of hoof problems,  Ivan is still limping.  He is better, though.  I wonder how long getting over a stone bruise takes?  

Because Ivan is gimpy,  I rode Areion today after her Lori lesson.  She and I got along much better this time.  Lori was careful to tell me how to react to some of Areion's quirks without panicking her or me.  It actually seemed to work!  It seems that Ivan has put up with a lot over the years that Areion is more sensitive about.   I have to have a lighter touch than with Ivan.  Anyway, it was a good lesson.  I didn't die.  cheers

I am glad to hear that Dawn has made it to NC! wavy It is cooler this week than it has been for awhile and next week will be cooler still. She should like that.

Tomorrow I go to the dentist to have a cap put on a molar.  Oh, joy.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 11:02 am

Another heart throb.................

Patch a one eyed bay colt running in the Derby................great looking horse.
Check him out.....................

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Ark, you're on Facebook. Did you see anything about Liz being in the hospital with kidney failure? I saw one 'notification' about that.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 3:02 pm

Sure pray not...................
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 3:08 pm

GM, i havnt seen that yet on fb, she had stroke a month ago or a stent put in, and was doing well then.

Hope all is well.

Ark, that bruise may be abcess....may gave to have professional drill into it to see....hope not.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 10:04 pm

ARK, I sent. you a pic of Eli to put here on the board.................

I've not heard a word about LIZ..............

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyWed May 03, 2017 11:34 pm

This is all I have seen about Liz on FaceBook:

"Kathleen Stoughton-Trahan
May 3 at 10:01am

Liz's daughter posted this today. We need good thoughts for Liz. ‎Libby Brett‎ to Liz Barnes

Just want to let Liz's (Mom's) friends know that she was admitted to Southlake yesterday with kidney failure. We are keeping positive thoughts of the doctors being able to reverse the damage, one day at a time. There is a long wait to get a bed so as of last night she was still in emerg admitting with others having already waited 48 hours. I will be there this morning so once I have a room number I will let you know for anyone who would like to go see her.

GRAYMARE:
 Your photo hasn't shown up in my email yet.  (10:27pm est)  As soon as it does, I will post it.

My tooth is prepared for a cap, which will get installed in three weeks.  I asked the dentist if she saw any more expensive tooth repairs on the horizon and she said no.  I hope she is right.  Rolling Eyes

Ivan was running and playing in the pasture today.  He looked very happy.  He is still limping at the trot, though.  I don't think it is bothering him quite as much as it was.  I am going to ask Daisy's farrier about it.     I had to let the horses into the upper pasture so Donnie could work with his tractor in the barnlot pasture.  The horses were thrilled to be back up there, even though they were all wearing grazing muzzles to slow down their grass consumption.

My hair is short again.  After two years of wearing a pony tail, I am now sporting a very short doo....  It will be cooler for the summer and easier to wash and dry.   I so like pony tails, though.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 12:36 am

Oh ARK.............the deadly dentist Shocked Shocked Shocked

So glad Ivan's not in pain.....he's happy, but sorry for you you have a mystery on your hands figuring it all out.

I sent the pic text...............just re sent it e mail..............sorry.

Thanks for posting about LIZ...............

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 5:43 am

ARK: OUCH the dentist. Hopefully that will be that last crown for awhile. On a good note we will be the only ladies in the old peoples home with our teeth, even if most of them are fake. LOL I have a appointment on the 31st. Praying they find nothing else to fix.

We used to mix some epoxy stuff to fix cracks on the horses hooves. It was messy but it worked well and held the crack closed.

Prayers for Liz.

Today is the National Day of Prayer for our country. Say a couple prayers, this country is in dire straights. I'm off to chapel to pray this morning.

Saturday is our Ladies tea at church. Can't wait..it is so much fun, getting all dressed up and drinking tea in fancy little cups. So unlike my cowgirl persona. LOL I should freak them all out and show up in my cowgirl clothes instead of a dress.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 11:34 am

Here he is!  Eli the helping horse! Very Happy

MAY   2017 Eligra10

Very thoughtful of Eli to fill the water trough! What a guy! cheers  I wish mine would do that.   Areion specializes in dumping water troughs so I have to refill them.

TRUDY:
 I debated just having the tooth pulled, but decided I want some future archaeologist  to have fun figuring out why all my molars are covered in metal.   Some kind of weird custom, covering teeth in metal.  Rolling Eyes    
 I do like my new dentist, a lady.  She babied me right thru the entire procedure Laughing .

It's going to rain up to 2 inches tonight and tomorrow.  We are certainly not behind on rainfall right now.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyThu May 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Look at the nice Quarter Horse fanny on that 'yella' horse.  Not only is he pretty, he's helpful too.  What more can you ask?  Very Happy

I hope we hear some good news from Liz today.

We sure aren't behind on rainfall either.  The lake is about 8 or 9 inches up from the normal.  It's been raining since about midnight.  I'm glad I got a bit of yard work done yesterday.  It's going to be a few more days before I can do any more.

It's good that Ivan is improving.  Maybe a few more days and he'll be back to normal.

I have a new mattress being delivered today.  The twins I bought last summer are junk.  The store where I bought them disappeared less than 3 months after that.  I will donate them. They aren't good for me, but maybe they will be good for somebody who doesn't have one at all.

Three and a half hours later: They came about when they said they would. Put on shoe covers to protect my floors, handled everything quickly and efficiently, AND took the old mattresses with them! I wasn't expecting that. If anybody is interested, it's Mattress Firm.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 12:16 am

Tomorrow is the big cinco..................

Everyone seems gone.......................
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 1:01 am

ELLEN
Congrats on the nice new mattress! cheers Nice of them to haul away the other ones. When we (finally) got a new fridge, Lowe's hauled away our nearly antique one. We sure appreciated that!

GRAYMARE
I bet they really celebrate Cinco de Mayo in AZ! Here Krogers has a few sales specials and a few restaurants have themed meals, but that is about it. We should do more here. What are you going to do? :dance:
Eli is sure pretty!

I spent the afternoon back at the dentist's office. The temporary crown broke and came off, so I had to have a new one made. No pain involved, thankfully. I had cottage cheese for lunch. Food didn't break it... Rolling Eyes Hopefully, this one will last until I get the permanent one.

Rain, rain.....I am supposed to have a lesson on Areion on Friday. I hope the arena drains quickly.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 5:53 am

ARK: Don't ya just hate when that happens. Two trips to the dentist in a row.

It's raining cats and dogs here again. It's a good thing for us with our water situation, after the kitchen sink nightmare, the upstairs toilet keeps dripping, George deiced he would fix it. NOT...now we are off to buy a new toilet and have a plumber install it. Oh well, always something to let us know we are alive and kicking.

Today is my bestest friend from high school birthday. He & I reconnected thru Classmates years ago and still keep in touch. Bill stopped up here a couple of years ago and George said "that's the guy you should have married instead of your crazy ex Eddie." HAHAHA

GRAYMARE: What a beautiful horse Eli has grown into. Love those shiny yella horses.

ELLEN: Congrats on the new mattress you will sleep better, we got those My Pillow pillows, I don't like mine, but I do sleep better and George says I don't snore anymore with that pillow. So I'll keep using it. I have to admit I do seem to get more sleep with it than my old water pillow.

Off to get my hair cut later today, so I look nice for the tea tomorrow, instead of the bush I am wearing on my head right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAY   2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAY 2017   MAY   2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

MAY 2017
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next