Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

June 2017...Summer time!

Go down 
+4
Manygatess
cb
Ellen E
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 11:43 am

Yep it was a gas to see it up close, we laughed...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Having the job of driving that truck could be a pretty nice job.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 12:17 am

Would be a fun job, kids and adults would love to see it i think.

Relay for life is this weekend in the park...going to help with that. 

Waiting on an answer on our third offer on a manufactured 3br 2 ba on 5 acres....should know tomorrow.....first 2 fell thru....keeping my fingers crossed.

Sweet dreams.  Trudy we want to hear about convention....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 12:19 am

I saw the potato truck.  That is some spud!! affraid   That should keep MacDonalds in fries for a long time Laughing .  
That potato truck would go along with the Oscar Mayer hotdog mobile really well.  Drool

I didn't ride Areion yesterday.  Lori rode her and Areion was a pill.  She may be in heat.  She doesn't show it except by being irritable.  Areion actually reared with Lori on her.. rear   Not a good thing.  After Lori worked a good sweat on her, Areion may reconsider doing that again.  I decided to live another day and not ride her then.  She will be in a better mood later.  Only three more L-O-N-G weeks until Ivan gets his x-rays to clear him for riding.  In the meantime, he is running around with no limp and having a fine time. Rolling Eyes   I am having Ivan-withdrawal pains.  

I did ride today, though, just not on my horses.  Lori invited me to ride a young Rocky Mtn mare named Kashmir that she is training.  What a sweet little horse!  In 5 miles we had two very minor spooks, both related to what Lori's horse, Tonto, was doing.  Then at almost the end of the ride, we had a fairly major spook.  A female deer was standing beside the trail and not moving.  We got closer and closer, and the deer just stood there and looked at us.  It was kind of like waiting on a train wreck you know is going to happen.  We got up even with the deer when Chase, Lori's boxer, finally saw the deer standing there and took off after it.  The deer jumped and ran,  both horses jumped and started to run.  Lori stopped Tonto really quickly and Kashmir dove behind Tonto and was fine.  No one lost their seat.  Both horses calmed down immediately and we continued on our way.  whew.   I really liked Kashmir.  If I were in the market for a horse and Kashmir was available, I would seriously consider her.    She has only been on two or three other trail rides and did great.

June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 Dianeo10
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Ark, while we always like riding our own horses best, it's good to ride others now and then. Glad you had a good ride.

Today is a GORGEOUS day. About 75°, just a slight breeze under a bright blue sky. A few days ago I contacted my weed eater guy. His son has been working with him for about 4 years. The kid (19 or 20) is working on his own now. He really tries hard to do a good job. I hadn't heard when one of the other of them was coming, and it didn't matter when they came. The 'kid' came this morning. It took him a couple of minutes to get to work because he was sooo excited to tell me that he and his girlfriend had a baby three days ago, and brought him home last night. He put in some good effort to do all that I wanted done and did it well. I paid him well and sent a knitted baby blanket home with him. Smile
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Nice to hear of a proud dad....

My oldet gson is engaged....they have never met in person yet....just on line....i find it strange.....

Good job staying on there, Ark. Glad you had a good ride. 

Still waiting....they have until 6.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 7:09 pm

I was even more impressed when he told me he was doing most of the getting up and down and changing messy diapers. The mommy had to have a C-section and is obviously very sore, so he took over doing what needs to be done.

After all the scamming I've heard about with online dating, I'd be very suspicious. I hope he's not sending her money. So often those kinds of things lead to Nigeria. Dr. Phil has done several shows about that with people who are old enough to know better. Even when he proves to them that it's all a scam to get their money some of them won't listen.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 9:16 pm

Katrina, the fiancee is living with kyles mom and dad....kind of weird....but she seems ok.  Kyle comes home in 6 months where they can meet.....ill keep yas posted, i find this scenario very interestin.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 10:21 pm

That sounds a lot better. Kyle's parents are getting to know her so they might be able to make a good judgment of her.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 6:28 am

WHEW glad that is over with for another year. The convention went really well this year, everyone seemed to get along well. The woman who caused the issues last year didn't even come this year. I took the ladies shopping at the little fancy shops in Lewisburg, they had a blast and were shopping fools.

The flower table went well, Linda & I had 2 helpers this year to place all the flowers for the Purple Hearters that have passed during the year. 54 of them this year. It's such a moving tribute. I can usually hold it together until the guys start standing up and saluting for their chapters deceased members.

6 of our church vets came and sang on Monday night. They sang some religious songs and then did some military songs. Mark played America the Beautiful on his guitar. It was amazing. People were on their feet singing and clapping.

This Saturday is the Relay for Life. My friend Barb and I am are going to walk for my niece Patty and nephew Jack. I'm going to make luminaries for them too. My feet are really getting a workout this month, good thing I have a couple pair of Sketcher sneakers, they are wonderful sneakers.

Poor Ace spent his time alone for 4 days, with me dashing in and out a couple times a days. One day he gathered up the toys we were playing with, took them to his bed and layed down on top of them and refused to play with me. LOL He was so mad at me. He was a happy pup when George pulled in. He really missed dad and stuck to him all day and is still following him around. Such a spoiled old doggie brat.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 12:33 pm

Awww, poor doggie, he really missed yas....
Sounds like it was beautiful and fun convention.

We did addenum on contract, now have to wait til one o clock....arghhhhhhhh.....

Im just gonna go kill something...i have no patience....none!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 1:45 pm

Liz seems to be getting better. She is home and mobile with a walker and back to communicating again, grateful for her daughter and son helping her through it.

Animals do miss their families and have interesting ways of showing it. "You leave me alone, and I won't play with you. I'll take my toys and go home."

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Sellers agreed to addenum...their agent let our agent know...they still have to electronically sign contract and fax it our agent....then its sent to the va lender for final stamp...already approved for the loan amount.......g, until its signed ill be that one vulture who wants to kill something instead of being patient and waiting for something to croak....

Oh boy....i think ive gained ten lbs.

We finally got scooter titles today....yay....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 9:27 am

CB, is it finally all signed sealed and delivered?
Glad you got the titles for the scooters.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 9:46 am

Contract signed!  Now for va appraisal....if that flies we have a manufactured home, 3 br, 2 ba, living room, family room, 1692 sq ft...on five acres with trees....trees are scarce here, so the shade will be welcome. Sagebrush we gotz plenty in the high desert.

We are a 5 minute drive to hospital and walmart....but we will travel too, leaving jaemi in charge...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 8:38 pm

Tapwrit just increased his stud fee by winning the Belmont.  Hollywood Handsome's jockey got to find out what it was like to ride bareback for a little ways.  The horse took a few odd steps and he lost his right stirrup and then his left.  It looked for sure like he was going off to the left, but he managed to get in the middle again and started trying to pull the horse up.  It took a while, but he got it done.  The horse had a small cut on the back of one knee, nothing serious, and the jockey didn't fall off.
Even though Mike Smith didn't win the Belmont, he didn't go home exactly penniless.  He won 5 races today.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 10:23 pm

ELLEN:
Well darn, I forgot the race was today. I snoozed right thru it. Rolling Eyes I am going to catch it on YouTube to see that guy hang onto his horse!

TRUDY:
Congrats on surviving another year of all those activities!! cheers It is very nice of you to help put that on. I bet they all appreciate it.

CB:
You bought yourself a house? Or is this for Jaime? Are you making a home base for your travels? Congrats on the house! Trees are nice.

I had a very nice lesson on Areion yesterday! wavy She was in a great mood, the weather was perfect, we were on the same page. :dance: It was fun. Very Happy

Today Donnie fixed the plugged up refrigerator drain and installed the broiler coil in the stove's oven. I will not tell you how long I have waited on that! Having that dissertation done is starting to pay off..... bouncy
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 6:21 am

It rained yesterday morning right when we were getting ready for the Relay For Life, it didn't last long and by the time I got to town it had stopped. So we walked me, Barb, Amy, Bobbie and Jessie. It was nice having a few people with me this year. I walked 4 miles on the track. 2 miles for Patty and 2 for Jack. Then we headed home around 10:30 before it got too darn hot. I have 17,570 steps for today. 7.83 miles. WHEW I was bushed. It was my best step count & mileage ever. I'm excited. I usually do about 6500-8000 steps daily and walk between 3 and 4 miles. I got 4 black beads, 1 for each mile.

I made luminaries for Patty and Jack. Too bad I didn't get to see them since they were not setting them out until 9 PM and I was fast asleep by then.

ARK: I read the book A Dog's Purpose, it was a heartbreaker, I had to put it down a few times to wipe away my tears. I'm sure I could never watch the movie.

CB: Congrats on buying the house.

I'm resting my tootsies today.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 12:13 am

It's hot! It's been hot all day and it still hasn't cooled down tonight. The AC will get some exercise for the next few days. So will the jet ski.

Rose, did you see Blaney win his first race today? I thought it was fun for Brad to interview him when he got out of the car. All the drivers seemed to be happy for him to win his first one. I know they all like the Wood Brothers.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 12:32 am

Who is dotallen? Is that dottie in ca?. Saw her on today, but no post from her. She was a member.

The house has to pass va inspection...so we arnt in the clear yet....keeping fingers crossed.

Rainy and cool here today, hi was 62...chilllly.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 9:42 am

CB
DotAllen is our old friend Dottie from California and formerly Idaho.
She was trying to get registered and I logged on as her to make sure the password worked. You may have seen her name pop up while I was doing that.

TRUDY
I read that book, a Dog's Purpose, and found parts incredibly sad, too. It does have great insight into the life of dogs. I haven't seen the movie, yet, but plan to see it. I gave the book to my sister, Annie, and she loved it enough to read it twice and she liked the movie. The book reminded me of 'Black Beauty', which really got to me when I read it as a kid.

ELLEN
Hot here, too. No lake in my backyard to play in, unfortunately.... Laughing . Have fun on your jetski!! We need pix.....

It is still up in the air as to whether I get to ride Kashmir at Pandapas today. Lori has offered me a ride IF her client who is scheduled for a lesson today backs out, which she does frequently. Today is the only day this week they aren't calling for rain. A nice ride would be fun.

Ivan's vet contacted me to change the appointment date for Ivan's x-rays another week out. He called Ivan's injury a "splint lesion", the first time I heard that term. He said it will take weeks to slowly bring Ivan up to speed, after the appointment. Ivan has been bouncing around here, not limping. I hope he doesn't re-injure himself. Try keeping an Arabian still who is not feeling any pain.

Stay cool today! sunny

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Oh no, bad mr. Vet....
Hate waiting for anything.

We have inspection on house tommorrow evening and then va appraiser
.............wait, hurry up and wait.....

Rainy and chilly damp cold here today ....someone needs to turn sun back on

I thought that might be that dottie, ark....but wasnt sure.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 6:10 pm

ARK, I forwarded you a pic on my phone, hope you got it. Want to introduce everyone to Cadillac Jack! Earned his name because he has a slow beautiful jog and the prettiest lope I've seen lately. He is a certified Mounted Patrol horse. I test rode him yesterday (without stirrups) yep, you read that right, I was that confident and comfy. Between Robin and my best friend Lori, they have convinced me that at my age and physical ability I need a been there, done that horse. Cross and Inky are for sale. Jack is a 12 yo paint. He has a perfect headset, jog, lope, for a western pleasure horse, though I will not be showing. Let me know if you get the pic please.
ELLEN, yes, I saw and cheered for young Blaney, esp since he passed Harvick who I am not fond of. Looks like Junior is going to end his driving career on a dismal note! That's so sad. Glad you are finally able to enjoy the lake. Did you buy a new machine and are learning new software.
TRUDY, you have been super busy. So glad everything went well and know you, and pup too, are exhausted. Hope you can rest up.
CB, okay, I thought ya'll were going to be nomads for awhile. What's up? Are you purchasing a home base or what? So do you now have the scooters titles now? VA can sure be slow at times and like you I hate, hate waiting.
RICK, I am very sorry I missed you birthday, I hope it was the best one yet!
ARK, I know you are so ready to have Ivan back under saddle. If I had lifted 144 bales of hay and placed/tossed I'd be incapacitated for 2 weeks, or at least one, or maybe the hospital. LOL Cool Crying or Very sad
Now, some advice from anyone please. Jack has and is being ridden in a Tom Thumb bit and Robin tells me that is a very harsh bit and I read that it could be if handled incorrectly. What do ya'll think.
See how long my posts get when I haven't posted in awhile???? Sorry
Back to top Go down
Beech

Beech

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 6:16 pm

ELLEN - That heat that's over you is over us now, too. 91 degrees and humid, with warnings to the elderly to go easy because air quality is bad. It takes a while to register on me that that means ME, 'cause I can't get past the notion that I'm somewhere in the neighborhood of 27 going on 11 --though I never need much persuasion to loaf.

So I'm lolling in the recliner in my living room, where all the shades are drawn and an oscillating fan is mercifully delivering a periodic little breeze. That worked well yesterday after a cool night, but not so well today because there was little cool air to trap this morning. Good thing I'm not where you folks get really hot -- though that can happen here, too.

About the wildest drama I can report here is that, early on Memorial Day weekend, my dog Lucy chewed up my debit card -- which led to an accretion of errors that had me tearing my hair out this morning. At about the same time that the debit card died, the lawn mower did, too. So I took the lawnmower apart, discovered what was wrong (I think), and found a place on the Internet where I could get the needed parts. But I couldn't order them without the debit card (by choice, I have no credit card) and the bank, which has already charged me for a new card, hasn't yet delivered it -- is, in fact, now 4 days beyond the 10, max, they said it would take. Picked up the phone this morning to call the bank and the phone, provided by MetroCast, was dead. Dug out my cell phone to call MetroCast and began the "Press 1.. Press 3...Buy This, Buy That ... We're The Greatest ...Next Available...blah, blah..." process. FINALLY got a voice to whom I revealed all my most closely-held identifying numerical secrets, plus my mother's middle name and the size of my big toe, for which he told me that they'd been having "problems in the area" and were "working on it." Shortly thereafter the other phone worked again, I reached the bank (more "Press 1...Press3...etc), and was told (very kindly and sweetly, I have to admit) that I probably wouldn't be getting the card for another 5 DAYS!!!!!! %$#&*#@!!! "Will you come mow my lawn?" I asked. I don't think he laughed. Ha Ha

Not at all big among problems, I realize. Just what's cluttering up my mind at the moment.

I'm thinking that a breezy evening scooter ride may be in my very immediate future. I need milk.

CB Are you settling in Idaho? I'm confused.

ARK: Did you go for that ride?
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 7:09 pm

ROSE:
The photo hasn't arrived yet in my email box. Did you get the right address: Arkazivan@gmail.com
If it is off your phone, it is big and my email server may be just taking their sweet time sending it. When it arrives, I will post it.
I think a been there/done that horse is a wonderful idea! I should have had that thought years ago! ROFL Think of what I would have saved in training fees, breeding fees, living expenses, etc., etc..... But I have to admit, I did want to try building my own horse. I hope this new guy works out perfectly for you! He sounds good. If he doesn't work out, check out Rocky Mtn horses. They are gaited and very amiable. The one I rode last week, Kashmir, is only 3 and acts like she has been in training forever. She has been in training for 6 weeks. Areion and Ivan have been in training for years.....

BEECH:
There you are! I have missed you and ROSE!
Nope, I didn't get to ride Kashmir. After killing myself to be ready on time, the ride fell thru. The other client apparently showed up instead of cancelling. She got bucked off her QH last week and Lori thought she would be too sore to think about a ride. Guess not. So no ride for me today. It's a beautiful, if hot, day here today. It's supposed to rain periodically the rest of the week. I have to get to the point that I can ride Areion without supervision if I plan on many rides this summer. Unfortunately, we don't quite understand one another yet.
I think Ivan misses working. He followed me across the arena the other day when I was readying it for an Areion lesson. I didn't know he was there until I turned around and he was right behind me. He is such a sweet fellow. He may just be missing the abundant snacks that go along with his lessons, but I like to think he misses working with me. Laughing
Sorry about your lawn mower problem. I am impressed you can fix it yourself, though! Too bad about your bank card. I hate messing around with banks.

Donnie got a big load of sawdust to unload in the barn. Guess I should go help him...or hide...or something. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Wow! Rose and Beech on the same day! That's great! Smile

No, I didn't get a new machine or even new software. The software is hard to figure out. For just stitching designs that are already digitized, it's easy. But if I want to turn my own designs into stitch designs, that a whole different thing. Of course the company wants me to continue to upgrade about every two years to the tune of about a thousand dollars. Nope. Not gonna do that. So, I'll just keep plugging away with friends to see what I can get figured out. As much as I like my Viking machine, the company does a terrible job of educating on the software. They don't seem to realize they would sell more of it if there was more instruction.

It is really hot here, 95° on my deck at 7:00 in the evening. This morning I got out and went for a good ride on the jet ski. That was great! It was the first time I'd been out on the water this year. Monday morning is a good time to go. All the weekenders are gone, and those on vacation aren't up early. I had the big lake all to myself except for two fishing boats.

The heat is going to be around until at least next Monday, although it will be slightly better the next few days. The swimming is great!

Rose, the idea of a been-there-done-that horse is a really good idea. It's possible to get hurt with any horse, but a lot less likely with an older more experienced one. It's much easier to relax and enjoy the ride.

Beech, have you seen the portable AC units? They plug into a wall outlet in any room. Way less expensive to buy than a central AC. They won't do the electric bill any good, but would make you more comfortable.
I can't believe your bank is making you wait so long for a new debit card. I had my card hacked a couple of years ago. I did drive to the bank to get the new card, but I was back in business in less than 24 hours, and it didn't cost me a single cent.
You might consider a PayPal account. The seller never has access to your information. I use PayPal anytime I can when I buy online.

What can you teach Ivan to keep his mind busy while he's laid up? Can you work on slow ground work?

My neighbors had a little misfortune yesterday. I saw the grandson and his dog go out in the rowboat with a small outboard motor. A little while later, I saw him being towed back with no motor. Apparently, it fell off somehow. It was a borrowed motor. Somebody didn't get it clamped onto the boat well enough. The area where he lost it is VERY weedy. The odds of finding it are very slim. I think it might be a rather dangerous place to dive for it.
Around the lake, there is always somebody who will help, but they also should have had a pair of oars in the boat.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 2017...Summer time!   June 2017...Summer time! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

June 2017...Summer time!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next