Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

June 2018

Go down 
+3
Graymare
Rick Angell
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
cb

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 9:12 pm

So thankful, trudy, everyone was ok.
My jaemi pulled people out of a car and house that were overcome by a major break in a gas line, she has been sick for a few days, breathed too many fumes in. Pulled five kuds to safety, she and another guy oulled grdma if kids and guy from car that hit the mobile home so hard it flipped it iver off blocks.
We r camped at fam camp on base, leased our.house. this really nice big motorhome, 4 slides, cuztom seascape paintjob camped across from us. This morning they did kaundry, the girls were told to air dry the bras, 4 teens, they mived a wire rack in the street, didnt want dirt getting on bras, hung 30 bras, flowery, lacey racey ones on the rack. I had to laff. Mom came and was mortified. Other neighbor said he enjoyed his coffee this morning!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2018 10:34 pm

How is Pirkko doing?

Boy, got a lot done today..............cleaning shed, separating clothes to keep & give away.

Enjoying the peace and serenity of evening with a cool breeze.

God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 3:22 am

Pirkko definitely had a stroke, but no brain bleed. Her speech is very slurred and it is difficult to understand her, but the mind behind the words is strong. Her BP is near normal now, and she will be on a mid level blood thinner. I'm not sure when, but she will be going to stay at a rehab facility in Ft. Wayne for a few weeks. They had three choices of rehab places. The one that works patients the hardest is the one she wanted to go to.
It is sounding more promising.
Thank you for asking.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 am

Harry has been fortunate to get to hospital quickly with his strokes and the new meds now work fast, but his memory was affected even with that med.
I hope she can get the help she needs to enjoy life fully. Im not sure what a mid levrl blood thinner is? Harry is on blood thinner, but havnt heard a level.
Revelie just went off...every morning at 730...lol. always up walking dogs so it doesnt wake us. Bennies of camping on a base fam camp. We will be bere unyil he sees cardiologist and he gets his hearing aid.
Not much happening. Nice to visit eith other campers.
There is a dtorage lot gor campers and boats inside a locked gate next to us. I swear i hear someone singing in one of those campers, my dogs all growled...it was an eerie sound..... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 12:21 am

ELLEN:
Pirkko sounds like a strong woman who will recover. Good that she is going to the best rehab place.
I love blue herons! We see one or two of them off and on all year. I think they fish in the creek that runs thru the middle of our property, or at least pass us by as they are going to the New River a couple of miles away. They look like prehistoric creatures.

TRUDY:
Yikes! I am so thankful you didn't get hurt with that big truck. affraid I bet your nerves were shot for the day. Cookies. You need cookies..... hug

CB:
Are you in Idaho now? I have trouble keeping up with your travels. I have a friend who camped at a military base down in southern Florida a few years ago. She said it was so pretty and very reasonable to camp at. She and her husband spent quite a bit of time there over one winter.

GRAYMARE:
Come clean my closet now, please! I just found my Seal Suit in a drawer in my closet. I lost it for two years. It being black didn't help. Of course I found it during 90 degree summer days, not in the middle of a very cold winter.... Rolling Eyes

Good news: Donnie is off work until the Monday after the Fourth! wavy He and the neighbor are going to install the horse trailer's brakes on Saturday. The neighbor is a 20 year old young man who used to help us put up hay. He is 'into' restoring old trucks, cars and tractors and has been for years. He was driving an old truck he got going when he was about 12....not on the state roads, of course. He works full time now at the local semi-truck factory.
It will be great to have the trailer working again. I have been stuck at home with the horses for weeks.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 6:54 am

ARK:  Luckily we had coffee cake in the van and nothing happened to it, we chowed down on it before Bible study. Still praising God for saving us, what I thought was a hole is actually a culvert and we would have flipped the van had we went down into it.  Her van is a big handicapped van with a ramp on the side, the weight would have flipped us over.  WHEW  The van passed inspection at the garage nothing happened underneath.  We  were worried about that since it seemed to be running funny after the incident.

While our day was blessed another friend of mine fell and broke her hip.  OMG today her and another friend are both having surgery for broken hips.  OMG  STAY ON YOUR FEET EVERYONE!!!!

I gotta get some younger friends.  HAHAHAHAHA

We are washing the big red truck this morning and getting her ready for the 4th of July Veterans Parade in Lewisburg tomorrow.  It is always such an awesome parade with a B52 fly over.  The Purple Heart sign is loaded on the trailer and ready to go.  Karen & Rick the Gold Star mom & dad are riding with us in the parade.  It's going to be the hottest day of year so far.  We'll be wishing for the rain we had a couple a years ago.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 1:56 pm

TRUDY, sounds good. Hopefully the heat will be ignored due to excitement
of the crowd. Hope your friends are up & about soon.

We are having a bell ringing where each veteran and service man/woman
is called by name and thanked for service. A retired senator is key speaker with a BBQ to follow. We sing Americana music and have a good time.

Looking forward to the big day...............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2018 11:01 pm

The latest on Pirkko is that there is some slight improvement today. They will take her to a good rehab facility either today or tomorrow. Thank you for asking about her.
It's been about 5 years ago that I took her to Barb O'Day's to ride Spago. She was 78 at the time. Her mother was a horse lover, but Pirkko never had any opportunity to be around them. I think she would have loved them too. Spago was a big 16.2 Hanovarian. It would not have surprised me if Pirkko would have backed out of getting on. Nope. Not her. She marched right up the mounting block steps, followed all the instructions, and enjoyed about 15 minutes of being on a lunge line. She even trotted briefly. She was so proud of herself and told everybody she knew what she had done, and had pictures to prove it.
I was very grateful to Barb for helping it happen.

The heat is back. 90s with humidity. Good swimming weather. The relatives start coming tomorrow. They will be coming and going for the next two weeks. My freezer has potential meals, and will have ice cream in it tomorrow. Knowing the ones coming tomorrow, I'll probably be making ice cream again in a few days. Drool
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 30, 2018 10:16 pm

It has been HOT and humid all day. A family of 5 cousins came for the day. We swam, rode the jet ski, and ate ice cream and cookies. It was a good day.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 12:53 am

June 2018 - Page 5 Rickjo10
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 11:40 am

ROFL Good one, Rick.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Not feeling too rich here, RICK! ROFL

Time to change the calendar. Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t82-july-2018#10666

or click on "Basket" and then on "July 2018".

:dance:
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

June 2018 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2018   June 2018 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

June 2018
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5