Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 2018

Go down 
+4
Donna
NancyLee
Ellen E
Ark
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 12:15 am

August 2018

August 2018 37859410
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 12:19 am

I love puns, Laughing

Welcome to August! I think....where is the summer going so fast?

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Trudy's dog, ACE !!   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 9:25 am

:dance:  TRUDY's dog, Ace, on his 9th birthday!   :dance:

August 2018 Acetru10

:dance:    :dance: :dance: :dance:
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 10:02 am

CB:
How is Harry today?

Here is the mustang that won the Haggin Award at the Tevis Cup endurance ride last weekend.  (I misspelled Haggin in the earlier post.)  

August 2018 38184710

This photo was taken a few years ago with a different rider as they were going over Cougar Rock.  Good horse!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 1:04 pm

Ark, I hope you are starting to feel a lot better. While it didn't erase the last two weeks of misery, at least your dentist was apologetic for not getting you in when it started.

That photo of the Haggin winner is an outstanding photo, and an outstand horse. It makes the horse look like he's part mountain goat.

Happy Birthday, Ace. Smile

Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Howdy all   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 6:57 pm

Prodigal foop checking in....   Hope you are all well and happy.  It's been a long hot summer here and we've been hibernating indoors, worshipping the air con.  Hoping that August will bring some nice cooler days.  

Life is generally around Mom, but also we have been having some renovations done.  Our basement is nearly finished, and we will have a garden shed built, a new roof and laminate flooring to replace the floors in Mom's two bedrooms.  Of course, after 14 years here, the appliances started to go all at once too.  LOL  So we have been forking over lots of money, and hoping that there isn't anything else to be replaced.  I think we can count on the new changes to do us till we move out of this house, somewhere around 5 years from now, I would think.

What else... our dog Bardi is getter older, as they all are, eh?  She has pancreatitis, and we almost lost her about a month ago, but she has bounced back pretty well, I must say.

The two annual bluesfests that we attend are coming up in August.  Jim will go the whole four days each time, and I will go for one night.  I've arranged for my brother to come and be with my Mom for that long, both times.

Going to a Baha'i "summer school" this weekend..kind of a retreat, for study on various subjects.  Jim will stay with Mom. It's here in Lindsay, so I am home for some of the day and the nights.

Okay, I'm going back to read some of your posts now!
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 8:23 pm

Prodigal foop checking in.... Hope you are all well and happy. It's been a long hot summer here and we've been hibernating indoors, worshipping the air con. Hoping that August will bring some nice cooler days.

Life is generally around Mom, but also we have been having some renovations done. Our basement is nearly finished, and we will have a garden shed built, a new roof and laminate flooring to replace the floors in Mom's two bedrooms. Of course, after 14 years here, the appliances started to go all at once too. LOL So we have been forking over lots of money, and hoping that there isn't anything else to be replaced. I think we can count on the new changes to do us till we move out of this house, somewhere around 5 years from now, I would think.

What else... our dog Bardi is getter older, as they all are, eh? She has pancreatitis, and we almost lost her about a month ago, but she has bounced back pretty well, I must say.

The two annual bluesfests that we attend are coming up in August. Jim will go the whole four days each time, and I will go for one night. I've arranged for my brother to come and be with my Mom for that long, both times.

Going to a Baha'i "summer school" this weekend..kind of a retreat, for study on various subjects. Jim will stay with Mom. It's here in Lindsay, so I am home for some of the day and the nights.

Okay, I'm going back to read some of your posts now!
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 8:26 pm

aaargh ... not sure how I double posted. Tried to delete one but couldn't
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 8:40 pm

Hi, Nancy! It's always good to see you here! I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you, other than the appliances fizzling out. I was thinking that mine are now 10 years old, so it wouldn't be a surprise if one or more of them decide to retire. I hope they don't for a while yet, at least not beyond repair.
It's good to know that Bardi is still doing okay too.
It can be very confining to care for an aging parent. I'm glad you are finding ways to still do things you enjoy.

Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi ELLEN!
Yes, Miss Bardi is 11 years old and other than the pancreatitis, doing well.  She still rules the household, albeit  with a gentle paw.  

I read that you had a big family shindig there recently.  Sounds like the usual family fun for you.  So nice that you get to enjoy each others' company.

Was recently remembering camping with you in the deluge by Lake Erie.  We got a van in January, partly for Mom's comfort, partly for camping in.  Don't know how much we'll be doing of that but it is there for when we get to spend a night or two away.  The big tent we had on that trip, we gave this year to our neighbours who have three little girls getting to the camping age.  We haven't been using it, so we thought they could.  They were pleased.

Getting a little needed rain tonight.

Nice to see your note!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Nancy, I'm chuckling to myself about that tent. I hope it is better water proofed than it was that night. It was definitely a soggy night. If I remember right, you two wound up sleeping (well, sort of) in your van because the tent was too wet.
That was a fun get-together.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: HAPPY FRIDAY MORNING   August 2018 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 6:50 am

Basketball Basketball

Good Morning All. I finally found the reply button, glad I asked Ark instead of giving up. It is hidden in there Ark but here I am.

It was a year in June since Jack died and the past year has been a learning curve for me. I have always been the domestic engineer here and paying for things to be done is not new to me but he was the financial banker. I must say he had everything in place for me to take over the reins and I have a great investment banker that is on the ball. I will be fine.

Staying alone was never a problem for me either. John, our son, insisted that I get a security system right of the bat as he was worried about people knowing about all the guns Jack had and would break in. My security system is really Fergie, my poodle. She is very alert to new sounds, lol.

I have missed all of you and think of you often. Ark, I do see on FB and can keep up on her activities. Ellen, love the picture of you on the water, you are still going strong and enjoying your house.

The weather here this summer has been so very hot and humid but after the lousy spring that we had I swore that I wouldn't complain, no matter how hot it got. So very dry I have to keep watering my plants and finally took them down from the fence this past week and put them in the shade to recover. They were getting burned to a crisp.

I have had a lot of company this summer. The fact that I go to the gym in the a.m. and then for tea with the girls, do errands in town and then home, my day is half gone. Can't believe how fast the months are going.

Have to get my breakfast so will stop for now. I have no idea how many on on this forum anymore. Roll call please. I don't want to miss anyone.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 10:11 am

Rick and Mr. Snoop are still here and read daily … just not posting much. Enjoy keeping up with those that still show up and share a bit.

We've had just enough rain this summer to keep grass growing and then this last week it seems like its been a daily deluge of a shower. My lawn mowing tractor has become my almost daily activity.

Take care and behave ... SNOOP will still report it if you don't !!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 12:55 pm

H had a va appt yesterday so i valiantly drove thru the smoke and walked a mile from parking lot into appt. Stayed fir oart if it and then i left for him to have evaluation wLjed a mile or 2 back to truck where the digs were in ac chewing on bones. I git list and turned around....its big complex. Then H shiwed uo and dic wanted me to come back in....WHAT! So waljed anothe mile...i had blisters on my soles...i had worn cheapie pair if flips...then walked back to car...drove it to er parking lot to pick up hubby who was exhausted...drove home...stopped to walk dogs...walked dogs twice after we got home...was in bed at ten and out at 10 o 1...ii swear. Blisters hurt....skin us tough on bottom of my feet and they wont pop...about the size if nickels...i look like im drunk when i walk i wobble around on my feet.
Next week 2 cardiology appts....ill wear my old comfy sneakers...learned my lesson! They want to put pacemaker in....so we will be here while longer.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 12:57 pm

Donna and Nancylee goid to see you both....have missed you both.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Thanks CB, it good to be in touch again. I miss all the good old days on here. Stinking hot and very humid, no rain for weeks. Have to go to a visitation of a friend soon and her funeral tomorrow. Not fun stuff, she was only 60.

Later.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi Donna! It's good to see you back. I hope you'll be here more often. It sounds like you are adjusting to the next stage of your life. What are the girls doing now?
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 12:00 am

Hi everyone. Wow, it's great to see so many here. You've been missed for sure
Donna and Nancy. RICK, too. At our ages life doesn't change too much
and we're just all very lucky.

I'm in the mountains right now and out of the heat. Matter of fact,
this afternoon I got caught in a severe rain storm (Rain was horizontal).
I finally got home, stripped and put on two sweatsuits. Good grief I got cold.
I can tell I'm old....................LOL

Glad everyone is well, for sure. Hope to see you more often.

CB, hope your feet get better and that Harry is OK.

Ace looks SO sweet......Happy Birthday ACE!

God bless. Prayers and gratitude to ALL.

Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Sat. a.m.   August 2018 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 8:04 am

GREYMARE, so good to see you on here. I haven't heard from you for a very long time but think of you often. Every time I open a special drawer I see a CD that I had bought for you a very long time ago. The music is still the same but the group has changed over the years. I will get it to you, i promise.

Went to the funeral home last night, it was a visitation for a friend of mine. She was only 60 and has battled cancer for a very long time. Such a sweet woman.

Foggy again here this morning. We haven't had rain for weeks and weeks, just fog but that makes it cool at night so you can sleep.

Heading out to the farmers market after breakfast so had better get my giddyup going here.

Later.

Donna
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 9:52 am

I think someone has pulled the plug on my giddyup and go....

Going to go to yardsale and trip to wunnerful wunnerful wal mart....then back to camper to kick back. Spise to be cooler next 3 days...in 90s instead of 100s. That will be welcome.
H is doing good...but we see cardiologist..8th and 9th....

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 10:25 am

DONNA and NANCY LEE:
So good to see you posting here again!! You have been missed!

DONNA:
I am so sorry about your friend. 60 sure doesn't seem very old to me anymore.
You really have done well after Jack's passing. Getting your new poodle was such a good idea, too. I don't think I could ever be happy without a cat or dog in the house with me. (Although this morning when I got out of bed and stepped on a hairball my thoughts weren't exactly the same.... Rolling Eyes ) Have you seen Tommy Girl in recent times? How is she doing?
I do tend to post a lot of pix on FaceBook, but honestly, I talk more here than there about what is going on with my life that matters. FaceBook is a bit too open to the world and all one's 'Friends' are not necessarily friends...if you know what I mean. I don't post health problems, for instance, but really tell most everything here, LOL. (Poor folks here!) So if you want the nitty-gritty in my life, you have come to the right place! affraid

NANCY LEE:
That Bardi should still be a puppy! That is the worst thing about pets, they don't live as long as us. I wish I had gotten our collie, Shadow, as a puppy. He was already 5 years old when we got him and now that I really love him, I am sorry I missed those years.
I am sure it ties you down and is a lot of work sometimes, but I am so glad you are able to take care of your mom and that your brother helps out occasionally so you can get away. Her life has to be so much better than so many you see whose family have forgotten them.
Are you still playing with a group? Or by yourself...and I mean music, of course. Laughing

GRAYMARE:
I am so glad you are out of that terrible heat! wow. And fires on top of that. I don't know how anyone lives in CA or AZ this summer. The mountains are sure pretty in AZ. You should show us some pix! Very Happy

CB:
wow. You need to move out of that heat. I hope you get to soon. Hopefully Harry will heal up soon.

ELLEN:
Any good recipes for banana bread? I find I have bought too many for my soft food/tooth problems and now they are getting a bit ripe. Banana bread sounds good. Drool

TRUDY:
Hope Ace had a very happy birthday! I am going to have to dig thru Shadow's papers and find his birthday. I know it is in April, but don't know the date. Your renovations of your house sound very good. Since we built this house, we did it on one level since we weren't getting any younger. We will have to make a small ramp for one step someday, but that is about it. Donnie is thinking of finally getting his knee fixed, so I am glad we don't have to do more than that to get him around the house.

My lack of tooth is getting better! I am no longer on a narcotic. I find I wasn't very good at that, it made me sick, although I sure didn't have any pain....anywhere. I forgot about that hip joint until yesterday when I stopped taking the drug. It was kind of nice. The jaw no longer feels like someone hit me with a baseball bat. I am good to go! The rain has let up, so I may take Ivan to Pandapas tomorrow for a small ride with a friend. Areion isn't limping now, thankfully, but she won't be going for awhile until we know she has healed up. She and I are both on a diet.

On a happy note, Daisy looks wonderful! She has lost a ton of weight and looks so pretty in her summer blondness. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 2:10 pm

Ark, sorry I can't help you with the banana bread. I'm not much into breads like that. If you go to cooks.com, there are probably a bunch of good recipes there.
I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better, and your horses are doing well too.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 7:41 am

Hi Donna & Nancy Lee.  Good to see you back on the forum.

More crazy times here.  The transformer on the power pole blew up the other night.  BOOM off went the power.  Dinner was just finished so we thought oh well we will just eat dinner then fire up the generator.  Then there was someone pounding on the front door (a door we NEVER use).  OH OH run outside and it's a couple from our church who live on the next road, They were driving by when the transformer exploded and caught fire.  WHEW...life savers...they called 911 and I tried to get the power company on the phone what a joke.  Automatic phone system.  Finally we called a friend who works for PP&L and he said "oh you'll have to send a email if you can't get thru on the phone".  WHAT?????  Fire and no power and I have to send a email.  The fire didn't last long, a guy from the fire dept showed up and left.  I sent the email and they replied in about 15 minutes and sent 2 trucks out.  Fixed the issue is about 2 hours and things were fine.  Dinner not so much.  Cold fish and baked potatoes.  YUCK..  Oh well nothing serious happened.  Another fun day in the neighborhood.

The chair lift is in and working,  It's a little slow for me, kinda like riding up the big hill on a roller coaster. It keeps George from falling down the steps and when I get to the point where I can't get up and down the steps I'll be happily riding it also.

Ace is not so happy about it, he doesn't do change well and watching dad ride down the steps on a chair freaks him out a little.  He gets anxious and paces around when the chair is in operation.

ARK:  I have a great pumpkin bread recipe if you would like that I'll send it later after church.

Have a blessed day everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 2:35 pm

A few minutes ago, my next door neighbor called and told me to come their house. So I put on some shoes and headed out the door. It was a happy surprise to see another neighbors' golf cart with Pirkko sitting in it. They had rigged a strap around her to keep her from tipping out, and were going for a ride. She was happy to be out and about. We were all talking and laughing and really glad to see her
I am so thankful that the people who moved in next door to them two years ago are such nice people. They help out in a lot of ways, including a seat belt on the golf cart. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:55 pm

Rose, did you see Chase Elliot's first win? It was a great finish. He proved he can race with the big boys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

August 2018 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August 2018   August 2018 Empty

Back to top Go down

August 2018
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next