Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

APRIL 2019

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

APRIL 2019 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Ark, the golf cart flies an American flag and a Chicago Cubs flag. ROFL

Today, is a pretty day, but not as warm as yesterday with more wind. Looks like I need to spread some fertilizer on the lower yard today; it isn't green yet.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 12:07 am

ELLEN:
Aha! So you did have a parade! lol!
The weather has been really nice here, too. It's been around 70 degrees for awhile. This is nice since we are running low on firewood, although have a ton of trees to chop up that have come down or died over the past couple of years. Yesterday we did have a huge thunderstorm while I was at PT. Other than that, it has been nice.

Our grass is already needing a trim in the yard and the horses will have to start wearing grazing muzzles soon. They won't like that much. We have been limiting their grass time so far, but as the grass grows and the hay disappears, we will have to leave them out in the pasture longer with grazing muzzles on. I hope it can wait until I can chase after them to put them back on when they manage to get them off Rolling Eyes . It takes a few weeks before they accept their fate of having to wear the things. Areion has a degree in grazing muzzle removal.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Took Ace for his annual exam this morning.  He passed with flying colors.  Praise God.  His lumps are just fatty tumors and nothing to worry about.  NO SURGERY.  HOORAYYYYY  ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands The only issue is his weight, he has gained a few pounds over last buggy summer and icy winter so we have to work on that.  She even did a thyroid test to make sure it wasn't his thyroid causing the weight gain.  NOPE just eating too much and not exercising enough.  ME too.  LOL

I have been so worried about the lumps.  Even waking up in the middle of the night praying for God to not make me have to make the horrible decision to put him to sleep today.  Thank You Jesus.  I'm not ready to let go of my best buddy yet.  The trip was stressful for all of us.  I drugged him this morning but still he paced and panted and cried.  His fear of the vet is so immense.  He has never gotten over the surgery on his head when he was a young pup.  $420 dollars later and we are good until this time next year.  I get all his shots done in one visit so we only have to go once a year. We can all rest easy tonight.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Trudy, HOORAY. I didn't realize Ace had you so worried. It seems like yesterday that he was
your new puppy. Brother, where does time go?

Everyone should be in their own parade!!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 12:26 am

TRUDY:
Good boy, Ace! I am so glad his results were so good! wavy He'll wear off that fat this summer while the weather is so nice. Very Happy

I hope I wear off my fat this summer, too! ROFL Being a slug has gotten very boring since I broke my leg. I am looking forward to cleaning the barn. I am sure Donnie is, too.... Very Happy I told the PT guy that I planned on making a land speed record in healing this leg.

Donnie is going in to see the knee doctor tomorrow, same place I have been going. His knees are feeling pretty bad with all the stuff he has been doing. He would like to keep going until fall by getting shots or something. I guess we shall see.

The barn kid's dad came today instead of the kid, who had an after school track event. I kind of wish the dad was the helper, he works fast! He's a nice fellow, we told him we could handle the barn while the kid is away, but he insisted on helping out.

Great weather today! I hung up new flags on the house and barn, both with horses on them. My kitty flag that was at the barn is completely worn out, the wind has beaten it to death.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Today is a beautiful morning, about 65, sunny and breezy. I fed cat, horses, and did stalls.
So then the neighbor was out running and stopped in with her two Aussies, one blue merle and one red merle.
The dogs were a riot. Two new human babies arriving soon, one boy, one girl. We have a ton
of kids now which are fun to see when they're out running around. The little ones
all cry when the big one run away from them. After school time is generally a fire drill. It's really
cute to watch.

Vet coming this PM for spring shots. Going to Wally this morning. Nothing else new...........
Oh, going to Mickey D's when I'm out.............

Everyone have a great day. ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Today was haircut day.  It was cold when I left here, 45°, so I put on my really warm clan sweater.  Big mistake.  By the time I got two hours south, it was no longer cold.  It was nearly 80°.  
We went to lunch, bought some new Kentucky go-fasters (sneakers), reduced the amount of hair, and came home. By the time I got back to the north, the sweater seemed like a better idea - nearly 30 degrees difference.

I heard of a new recipe for a casserole today.
1.  Take everything out of the left side of your refrigerator.
2.  Cover with crunched up potato chips.
3.  Bake.

ROFL
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 am

Ive pisted but they never appear....sigh...
We made a trip to tx to get some things from storage...spent 9 hours sitting in van horn in a real luve dust storm...no visibility and wind gusts up to 70 mph. Couldnt find a hotel or motel that would take my BIG dogs..so slept in the truck. Finally got home yesterday afternoon...we crashed...woke up turned tv weather on 90% chance rain...had to go unload stuff in storage unit here. Had a few antigues on board...couldnt get rained on. Got that done and ate and fell into bed.
Tired us and tired puppy dogs too. Yoshi weighs 130 and odie is 113. Teddy 7! And he has the 2 big dogs terrorized.
Trudy..glad Ace is alright. I know i worry about my guys too.

We will be here in az for another 2 weeks...then sliwly head to idaho where we will stay for summer....then meander back here for winter months. That is the plan.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 12:47 pm

ELLEN:
I haven't been to the store in almost 2 weeks. My casserole would consist of condiments, pickles, butter, Half&Half, and Ivan's candy corn. Covered in crunched up potato chips, then baked.... Yummy. tongue I hope to get to the store this afternoon after PT! I was going to go yesterday, but Donnie wanted to chainsaw some downed trees on our lower pasture's driveway and it was predicted it would rain today. They were right. Donnie got the trees cleaned up and picked up parts of 2 deer skeletons that were dumped down there. So today we will hopefully get to the store and not live out of the freezer this evening. Very Happy

GRAYMARE:
Have you seen the kittens lately? They must be getting up in size. I have decided to raise cats in my next life and be a professional crazy cat lady instead of an amateur one. cat Since I keep all the cats I raise, kittens are few and far between here. ThunderPuff is now 4 years old, he was our last kitten.

I am getting our horses' shots in May this year. Since I can't go anywhere with them for a few more weeks, the Coggins test expiration will be reset to a later date for next year. It tends to creep closer to the start of the year over time.

It has been so nice, weatherwise, lately. Today it is raining, but all week was really pretty and around 70 degrees. Perfect. I am a springtime fan. flower sunny flower
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 5:32 pm

ARK, can't find the kittens but Mama continues to eat well. I hope they're OK but don't really
know. Sad Sad Sad

Right now, I'm watching the new pigs at the neighbors.............they're lazy and funny. The
horses are pacing and trotting so it will be an adjustment. They stay as far away from them as
they can.............LOL

Nothing else new................

Everyone have a good day. wavy
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 10:34 am

I went with my girlfriends to see the U.S. Army Field Band and Soldier's Chorus preform last night at a local high school.  How spectacular they were.  If you ever get a chance to go and see them, make sure you do.  They were amazing. Check out their web site.  U.S. Army Field Band.com

All is quiet here, the weather is trying to turn into spring and stay there.  Ace & I are ready to begin our serious walking program although we did have to hoof it in the rain and mud this morning.  He is bummed about his snacks being cut back but he has to lose at least 15 pounds.  115 is too much even for a big dog like him.  Less snacks and more walking. popcorn

Have a great weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 10:56 am

My bulldoges go back to english massive lines and they can be 180 and up. I didnt know it would show up so much tho in yoshi....his parents were not showing it. Vet says he can grow another 6 months yet...yikes.
Sunny and in 80s here this week.
Going to get some side by side riding on trails in...and bike riding.
Have great weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 11:31 am

My bulldoges go back to english  massive lines and they can be 180 and up. I didnt know it would show up so much tho in yoshi....his parents were not showing it. Vet says he can grow another 6 months yet...yikes.  
Sunny and in 80s here this week.
Going to get some side by side riding on trails in...and bike riding.
Have great weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Trudy, about two or three years ago, the Navy Band was touring and stopped here. They were absolutely fantastic and I would go see them again in a heartbeat. I'm sure the Army Band is just as good.

CB, it's good to hear from you to know that you are doing well.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 2:41 pm

Chubby Rex joins the crowd...........When the vet asked about his weight I said "he is owned by two
retirees and we spoil him"........He said at least you're honest.........I also said that when we got him he did not beg. I said we spent a lot of time teaching him. He really laughed. LOL

Have a great day............
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Not guilty of their being overweight....they are old englisg bulldogges....they are prretty normal specially yoshi at 13p showing so much massive breeding. Odie is solid no fat rolls.....yoshis neck is 28 inches around or more...his collar is tight..his head is huge.
They both think they are lap dogs still...and are jealous over teddy who sits on my lap...hes 7 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 12:40 am

TRUDY:
 Poor Ace, I know how he feels.  I need less snacks and more walking, too.  

GRAYMARE:
 Dory, our former feral cat for 2 years who moved to the neighbors down the road for a year, then left their place a month ago, has moved back to their house.  She is skinnier, but at least is back where someone will feed her.  Rolling Eyes
 A few years ago we took Ivan to a ride and arrived just late enough that we got the worst camping spot, right next to a fence line with young pigs on the other side.  Ivan never blinked about them, although he spent plenty of time being upset about lots of other things there.  His former owner had pigs.  However, when those feral pigs showed up here a couple of years ago, only Zippy the pony was brave enough to confront them.  Zippy beat them up and chased them out of his area.  The big horses stayed as far away from them as possible.  

APRIL 2019 - Page 2 Zippyw10
Zippy the Brave watching pigs in the field.

Today was our 45th anniversary.  We decided to celebrate it later when we have more than one working knee between us.   Donnie got shots in his knees a couple of days ago, but nothing has improved  yet and he feels terrible.  I made him stay inside and I rode the lawn tractor down to the barn this afternoon when the kid showed up to clean the barn.  I stuffed haynets while he shoveled.  Donnie and I spent the rest of the day watching season 7 of Game of Thrones so we are all primed to watch the first of season 8 Sunday night.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 12:44 am

Teell donnie to try heat on low. Ive had injections in my knees and hands so many times...
Tylenol too.

Mastiff....i know how to spell it...dang it....not massive....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 3:33 pm

HOLY MOLE.. I came in from the barn and Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire..............certainly a part if invaluable
heritage................I have no words.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 3:37 pm

I saw that too, Graymare. They said they were doing some repairs and a lot of the statues had been removed. I'll be interested to hear whether or not it was accidental or intentional.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 3:58 pm

Me, too.................. Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 11:37 pm

So far, they are saying it was accidental. 850 year old dry wooden timbers ignited like kindling. There are a lot of things in that building that simply cannot be replaced.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 4:02 pm

WHEW. The 8000 pipe pipe organ was saved and The Crown of Thorns............I don't know the list.
If you've ever heard that organ played with a large alleluia choir it would stick in your memory
fondly forever.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2019 5:17 pm

I'm glad to hear that about the organ.  All I'd heard so far was that it was lost to the fire.

Yesterday and today have been beautiful days. I washed sweaters and have them hanging out on the deck railing. I also got some yard trash burned today.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 5:48 am

It's been wild here in PA.  3 tornado's touched down in this little part of PA.  One in Lewisburg, 10 miles from here, it sure made a mess and as it travel along, it went thru here too, then one in Benton and one close to Wilkes Barre.  It went thru here at 12:30-1:00 Monday morning.  I have never experienced a storm like that.  This old house was rocking and rolling.  I thought Ace was going to have a heart attack, he was shaking so badly I could hardly hold him as we sat huddled in the kitchen on the floor away from all windows.  It was a fast moving storm. He & I slept in the living room once things settled down, we were awake until about 3 AM.  Texting with Rick, he was checking up on us, what a blessing he and Karen have been to us.

Morning brought a chance to see what the damage outside.  Our apple tree was blown over, the patio huge round glass table was smashed into the lilac bush and shingles were blown off the garage roof.  I found some shingles clear down on the the other side of the horse barn.  That patio table has stood there in 50 MPH winds and never moved an inch before.  Our damage was minimal compared to some of the other places in this area. Praising God for sparing us.

Rick & Karen came over Monday morning so they could get showers and have breakfast and try to go to work.  We had power they didn't.  They only live about 2 miles from here in Potts Grove.  Their house was damaged, it tore the tree that Zack (their son who was killed in Iraq) planted as a little kid outta the ground and their flag pole.But no loss of life just tons of personal damage.  I drove into town yesterday, roads were still closed and trees down and damage everywhere. Spent the day yesterday trying to clean up all the glass from the patio table and waiting for the insurance adjuster to show up.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 10:31 am

Y old school had part of the roof off...trees down
..buildings demolished....my address was benton and i went to school in millville. Benton had some horrific damage...heard a whole farm house and outbuildings were just gone. Growing up in that area never had tornados...
Ill hum for all to heal emotionally and rebuild. Trudy..glad you guys are safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2019
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next