Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

APRIL 2019

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

APRIL 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 10:31 am

Y old school had part of the roof off...trees down
..buildings demolished....my address was benton and i went to school in millville. Benton had some horrific damage...heard a whole farm house and outbuildings were just gone. Growing up in that area never had tornados...
Ill hum for all to heal emotionally and rebuild. Trudy..glad you guys are safe.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 am

Y old school had part of the roof off...trees down
..buildings demolished....my address was benton and i went to school in millville. Benton had some horrific damage...heard a whole farm house and outbuildings were just gone.  Growing up in that area never had tornados...
Ill hum for all to heal emotionally and rebuild. Trudy..glad you guys are safe.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 am

WOW Trudy................Thank God you're OK but sad for those that had bad damage. All
weather patterns have changed drastically. I'm sure it was very scary for you. I was in a
tornado once in 1965 on Palm Sunday. 11 were killed and houses just down the street
were just gone..............It will take you time to get over it emotionally, let alone cleaning up
and rebuilding in your area. Hugs and prayers all around.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 12:02 pm

Trudy, I'm so glad you only had minor damage. Have you seen the newer pheromones that help with stress in dogs and cats. My cousin works at a vet clinic and says they've had success with those.
We had a little bit of wind the other day, but nothing dramatic.

Graymare, were you in Indiana in 1965? Russiaville, Kokomo? We had some really terrible tornadoes on Palm Sunday that year. It's even known as the Palm Sunday tornadoes.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 1:58 pm

No. Visiting my brother in Illinois.............
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 2:59 pm

TRUDY
OMG, I am sure glad you are okay. Tornadoes are nightmares. I hope they can replant the tree that your friend's son had planted, or take cuttings from it and make a new one.
We had big winds, but no damage other than tree limbs down here. I heard some folks lost power, but we didn't.

GRAYMARE:
You are right about it taking years to get over a tornado emotionally. In April 3 and 4, 1974, 300 tornadoes went thru from south to north, hitting lots of places. I heard one go over the dormitory I was in at college and it demolished a town up the road from us in KY. I had nightmares for years afterward and wasn't directly hit myself. I can't imagine how hard it is on people living thru a hit. Coincidentally, high winds knocked Donnie off his bicycle at that time, he ended up with stitches on his eyebrow and lots of bruises, 10 days before we got married. He had half an eyebrow in the pix... affraid
Where we live now never had a tornado in recorded weather history until about 4 years ago. Tornadoes have shifted their region. One hit about 15 miles from here. Usually the mountains protect us from them, but not any more, it seems.

Pretty day here today and the last few days!! Donnie is feeling better, his voice is returning and his knees are finally feeling better after his injections. He is out on his tractor today, cleaning up the lower pasture from downed branches and such. I went to my new dentist today and really liked them! It is a community dental and medical office and must get some kind of government funding. I had a check-up, cleaning, 4 bite wing x-rays, and an all around x-ray. It cost me a total of $61!!!! The last time I had the all around x-ray, it cost me $350 by itself. This place just opened recently, I am glad I changed dentists! What a Face Donnie is changing to them now, too.

I need to get the horses brushed, they are shedding like crazy. Poor Daisy looks like a big itch. Ivan and Areion seem to be getting their hair off by rolling, but Daisy's shed hair is sticking with her. Dealing with crutches and horses isn't that easy, so this year the poor horses have had to shed themselves out.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 3:06 pm

Ome of my family are devastated and so sad to see damage. What a mess.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 pm

Good grief CB............so sorry. We all have a sadness for those in the tornado...........
sure wish the best to work for them.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 7:06 am

CB:  That's right, I forgot that your family is from over around Millville and Benton.  Theirs was the worst of the 3 or 4 tornados that touched down around here. 

I took a drive into town on Tuesday, OMG roads were closed, trees down everywhere, a piece of an old barn roof was hanging on the power lines with parts of it in the windows of a house across the street in Potts Grove.  Some people are still without power.  Our damage was nothing compared to what others are going thru.

The insurance adjuster showed up and inspected the garage roof, he even gave us an allowance of $500 for the apple tree.  Who knew an apple tree could be worth so much???  We were shocked.  That covers our deductible.

Funny story, my grandson called while I was vacuuming up the grass shards.  He asked what I was doing and I said "I'm sweeping the grass with the shop vac."  He said "WHAT???  Is pap pap there?  Maybe I should talk to him about what you are doing".  LOL  No I haven't lost my mind yet...I explained it to him and we both had a good laugh.

He was bummed about the apple tree, he told me how he remembers picking apples and feeding them to the horses when he was a little kid.  One for each of the horses and one for him.   It's wonderful that he has such good memories of hanging out on the farm.  Made me smile.

Today is the good bye brunch for our favorite pastor, he is moving to Canada to become a professor at Kingswood College in Sussex.  We will miss him, it's hard so let him go.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 6:05 pm

Trudy, I guess this is another instance of proving that "things" aren't as important as people. Nobody was hurt. Things can be replaced, sometimes better than it was before. I'm glad your insurance guy was fair and prompt with you.

It's been raining on and off all day, with a little more to come. It's making the grass nice and green, and my tulips are almost ready to bloom.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 1:47 pm

It's going to be hot here this afternoon.........SO I'm already caught up with my work and finished.
I don't ride anymore as I haven't for about 3 weeks. Every time I think about it it seems too
much work. Maybe in the fall I'll get back at it............surely not in the heat. All I do is love them
for now. I keep up with feet every 6 weeks and vet twice a year. Vet was here yesterday and
said if she dies, she wants me to take care of her two retired horses. I laughed as she is about
12 years younger than I am. A kid.

We sold our camping trailer, not the one we stay in in Greer. We haven't used it in a year so
it's time to go on it's way. Anyhow, I need to shower and be ready when the guy comes for it.
It's really nice and clean so it went fast.

Nothing else new.................

Everyone have a great day. We're now busy getting ready for Easter..........
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 6:32 pm

Super rainy day here today. We are under a tornado watch until 5 pm and there was at least one tornado to the east of us near Smith Mtn Lake that damaged some houses. Donnie and the barn helper kid took care of the barn before the rain hit here, but we'll need to go back down to the barn before dark again. Hopefully we will get a dry patch in the clouds. So far the barn hasn't flooded, but the rain has been very heavy at times.

I went to my bone doctor today and got new x-rays, a new knee brace, and instructions to be careful not to get in a hurry and let my leg heal. It's doing well, but any stupid tricks on my part could damage it before it is done healing. That could lead to some disastrous things. I have another month of wearing a knee brace and can transition to a cane from the crutches at the PT this week. That's good news! You can't do anything on crutches. I am no longer wearing my exoskeleton brace that goes from hip to ankle!! The new knee brace fits under my pants, although is kind of bulky.

Donnie and I had lunch at Macados to celebrate my new knee brace. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 6:41 pm

Pix from CB

APRIL 2019 - Page 3 57395710

APRIL 2019 - Page 3 57240610
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 20, 2019 9:38 am

Great pictures, CB. Love those southwest blue skies.
No blue skies here for the last three days.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 2:07 am

Ty Ark for posting pics. There are so many different kinds of cacti in this park and different colors of bloom...pretty and unique.
Sunny and hot here....phew....gotz to head north.
Night temps are fabulous.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 6:08 am

HE IS RISEN!!!!!  PRAISE THE LORD.HAPPY EASTER everyone. 

Have a wonderful day with friends and family.  I've was preparing food all day yesterday and this morning I'll make the scalloped potatoes and we are ready to cook the ham after church and have a big family dinner.  Amy and the adult grand kids are coming, Kevin & Laura and Stacy will be here to celebrate Easter. 

We have a nice menu full of something for everyone.  Such picky kids and grand kids.  Macaroni salad, deviled eggs, sweet potato casserole, scalloped potatoes, ham and for desert, nut & poppy seed rolls from Buttermaid Bakery.  YUMMMMMMMMM 

No calories in anything on Easter.  No egg hunts anymore since the grand kids are now adults.  I miss that fun time.  I colored eggs anyway.  LOL  Some traditions are just too hard to break.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 8:40 am

Yes, Trudy. He is risen! Happy Easter to all.

After three days of rain and wind, it's going to be a gorgeous day. The lake is like a mirror.
I have two sugar cream pies in the oven. One I will take with me to cousins'. The other will be delivered to neighbors as I leave.
At my cousin's house, there will be 4 generations eating too much, and hunting eggs. The big kids fix up the egg hunt for the little kids. They use hollow plastic eggs. Some of them have candy inside and a few of them have money inside.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 10:52 am

HAPPY EASTER everyone! Have a great day and celebrate life!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 11:16 am

Happy Easter y'all. Safe travels and happy gatherings and special memories and precious thoughts of the this day.

We are packing a lunch and loadng up the dogs and filling the gas tank and off we go sightseeing\for a drive.

Last drive we saw deer...antelope...open range cows everywhere....and a beautiful lake tucked into a canyon.
Saguaro national park is beautiful this time of the year also. Who would have thought cactus could be so awesomely pretty. I saw the biggest roadrunner here at camp....and there is one lonesome wiley coyote that yips his song at night.....

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 2:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 9:51 am

The video shows another of God's miracles. I love seeing foals entering the world.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Our town was/is honored. We're now known as Kindness, USA. And, we can go to the PO
and get the special stamp. Society is such a mess right now, it's so nice seeing
kindness. I've always been happy here and have a lot of great friends here. The kids are selling T shirts
that say "Dude, be nice" It's a nice positive feeling.

So, Dudes & Dudettes, BE NICE.

Have a great day! hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 7:15 am

GRAYMARE:  And a little child shall lead them.  Isaiah 11:6 What ever it takes to gets some civility back into this country that has gone off the rails lately.

We had a nice Easter, 4 kids and 2 grand kids showed up. Ate everything in sight and left early.  Our kinda of holiday dinner.

Found more storm damage, all the window screens in the front of the house have tiny holes made by the hail.  Insurance guy is coming back to look at the house roof for any additional damage.  Still picking up tiny pieces of glass in the yard.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 1:58 pm

Trudy, sounds like you have a good insurance company and agent. They seem to be right on top of things for you.

Some of the neighbors gathered at the hotel for pizza last night. Always good pizza. Always good food of all kinds.

Today, I'll see if I can get my walk-behind mower started. My upper yard has finally reached a point where being smoothed out would be good. I fertilized and reseeded it a couple of weeks ago. Not sure how much good that actually did. A gardener, I am NOT. Some of my tulips have finally bloomed today, reds and yellows, with some dark purple ones yet to open.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Harry is at er.....terrible allergies having hard time breathing......geesh....we were ready to head home to idaho today...but dont think so. We were going to meet up with friends for few days....but now we will miss them.
Dwat.

His nose is like a small stream flowing....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Oh boy, CB, maybe next week. It's still before the heat. Just hope Harry is OK.

So glad for you TRUDY that everything is working out for you with the damage you occurred.
Are your friends getting cleaned up?

Nothing new here. Shoer here for trims this morning. Then on to Mickey D's for the blah blahs.
They were all late........LOL so while I was waiting I talked with an old man that was
really funny. He left when the gals arrived and I got razzed for talking with him. So, I was the fodder for the day.

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2019
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next