Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JUNE 2019

Go down 
+3
Graymare
Manygatess
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 12:22 am

June 2019

JUNE 2019 Whiteh10

rear
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 12:28 am

Happy Birthday, RICK!!!

:dance: :dance:

JUNE 2019 Arabhe10  lol!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 7:08 am

Welcome to JUNE. 

Hopefully we will dry out a little now.  2 days of sunshine and no rain in sight.  YIPPEEEEE

RICK: Happy birthday and many more.

ARK:   I have heard of the Thundershirt but I doubt Ace would wear it.  I bought him a nice bright orange vest to wear during hunting season and he just stands like a statue when I put it on him.  Like he is being punished by wearing it.  He is such a weird doggie.  The tornado really did him in.  Once something hurts or scares him, he is finished with whatever it is and reacts like a tortured dog.  So we will sleep in the living room and he can sit on my feet until the storm passes. It's the least I can do for my bestest buddy.

It is weird about the blackberries and how people reacted to the cobbler.  Not the first time I had that reaction from the natives in this area of PA.  One lady insisted they were black raspberries.  NO they are blackberries. Back home, only 200 miles from here, blackberries are the thing in the summertime.  I picked them as a child and sold them door to door for spending money.  

Getting ready for the Purple Heart State Convention, it starts tomorrow and lasts until Weds.  Pray for me to survive the combat wounder veterans and their PTSD attacks and everyone to have a great time and enjoy their time together. Off to iron all the flags and the tablecloth for the MIA/POW table.  Talk to you after the convention.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptySat Jun 01, 2019 6:40 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK.............and many more!!!

Wow, it's June already........here in Az beginning to be hot............98 today, clear blue skies, windy and pleasant.
T & I are in watching TV after a good walk......I later went to WALLY and did monthly supply shopping.
So there you have it. Not much going on.

TRUDY, I hope your event goes well and you have a great time with everybody.

When I was in the barn this morning I was fully aware that the horses are shiny & happy. I just love barn work.........

Everybody have a great afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 12:02 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RICK!!! wavy

I just couldn't make it though another day without some rain. We just had a late evening thunderstorm blow through. Didn't amount to much, but it continues the wet streak.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 1:06 am

Today I rode Ivan. After months of waiting on winter weather and broken leg, today I rode Ivan. My leg didn't hurt, although I was very careful with it, and Ivan seemed to enjoy himself as much as I did. We only walked for about 20 minutes in the arena so I could see if I had any problems with my leg or a rambunctious unexercised horse. No problems! Today I rode Ivan!!

wavy wavy

JUNE 2019 Dianei11
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptySun Jun 02, 2019 10:00 am

YAHOOOO, Ark!!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 2:00 pm

Great pic ARK...........glad you're back at it............

The cat that had the kittens here now eats here. There is only one living kitten. The plan is to trap her and
get her spayed...........daughter's problem, not mine. She has gotten cute though. She now sits
on the front flower stage waiting for me to bring her food. It is cute even though I don't want another
cat here. Rex and the cat have a deal I guess........you don't run, I don't chase. So they just sit and stare.
LOL. They still stay 10-20 ft apart.

Things have been very busy..........T is doing well. We still don't know our schedule this week as no-one has
called. I know he has OT Tues & Thur, just no times set yet. No word yet on PT. So the saga goes.

Meantime, we'll get some rest. Yes,like that will happen.

Everyone have a great day.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2019 10:09 pm

Today was a beautiful day and I got a couple of little outdoor jobs done. I'm hoping for more days like this one.

Graymare, I'm glad to hear that TL is continuing to get better.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2019 Empty

Sorry about the repeated message. My computer was slow to post the message and I kept hitting "Send". When it finally did send, it sent a bunch of them.

Last edited by Ellen E on Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2019 Empty

Today was a beautiful day and I got a couple of little outdoor jobs done. I'm hoping for more days like this one.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2019 Empty

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2019 Empty

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 12:12 pm

ELLEN, computers are fun, eh? I've had that happen, also.............makes you feel like you don't know, when you do..................computers just do their own thing...............

Hey, we're glad to have them...........

Everyone have a super day.........

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 1:06 pm

In the past, there was a delete button, but it is gone now. Yes, I do like my computer and am glad to have it.
A few months ago, I had to add a password to my router, which then kept my thermostat and printer from talking to the network. I tried everything I knew to fix it without success. The other day, a neighbor from down the road came and got the thermostat talking again. He didn't have any luck with the printer, but I wanted the thermostat/phone connection the most, so I was happy. Again. Good neighbors. Smile

I just made a grocery run for Millers and me. It's just a small thing I can do to make their lives a little bit easier. There are now delivery services that are fairly reasonably priced that would do it for them, but I'll do it for them. The other neighbors will do that too. Their next door neighbors are a really nice couple who have helped them out a LOT, and will continue to do so.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 3:21 pm

So ELLEN: How nice was your day? ROFL The delete button is missing on my screen, too. Not sure when that happened. Oh, well. There are worse things.
You definitely have good neighbors.

GRAYMARE:
So glad to hear that TL is home! I bet you are a good nurse for him.

Speaking of electronic things....I lost my key and electronic key fob to our truck. We went to see about getting a replacement. Want to know what they cost??? Just the key is $75 and you can't get them made anywhere besides a dealer. The fob cost almost $300. affraid I have to have a key, but I suspect my days of being able to unlock the truck from across a parking lot days are over. What a ripoff. Our first vehicle only cost us $300. (Of course it was an old-as-the-hills VW bus.) But you could drive the darn thing with a hardware store key.

We did have some good news today. Our cat, Spookette, the 3 legged black cat, has had a breathing problem for weeks. We took her to the vet several times and nothing was working for her: antibiotics, steroids, nothing... She went back to the vet today for x-rays and then they passed a tube up both nostrils. She had a spiked grass seed head (whose name I have forgotten) up in her sinuses that was causing congestion. It was removed and Spookette will get to live another day!! wavy I really thought they would find cancer and she would have to be put down. I am very happy she is going to be okay. She is about 15 years old and was doing well until this happened.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 12:56 pm

I've been watching the news coverage of the invasion of Normandy........Oh brother, what a sacrifice that
was..................I sure have respect for our soldiers through the years. Normandy occurred when I. was very young, but I do remember meeting the trains of soldiers coming home and the cheers at the station in our
town. It's a very fond memory. I also remember when the war was over. I was in the grocery store
in our town with my mom...........everyone was cheering and clapping. I certainly didn't know why,
but felt secure in knowing everything would be better.

It is a good day........and, remember, we still live in the finest country in the world and still
have freedom because soldiers fought for it.

Everyone have a super free day.............

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 12:56 pm

I've been watching the news coverage of the invasion of Normandy........Oh brother, what a sacrifice that
was..................I sure have respect for our soldiers through the years. Normandy occurred when I. was very young, but I do remember meeting the trains of soldiers coming home and the cheers at the station in our
town. It's a very fond memory. I also remember when the war was over. I was in the grocery store
in our town with my mom...........everyone was cheering and clapping. I certainly didn't know why,
but felt secure in knowing everything would be better.

It is a good day........and, remember, we still live in the finest country in the world and still
have freedom because soldiers fought for it.

Everyone have a super free day.............

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 12:57 pm

LOL, oops
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 1:21 pm

I was still occupying the womb when Normandy happened. But, it was still a recent event by the time I was old enough to understand. I was taught to respect and appreciate soldiers from the beginning.
When I taught school, I made sure that my students knew too.
Yes, it was 75 years ago, but students now are not being taught anything about it. They know very little.
"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it."
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 11:31 am

Helllloooo. Everytime i write a longer post it disappears.
Everytime i come i have to log in. A pain.
Glad T is doing well....happy ark is riding...ellen yo are a good neighbor...trudy hope your purple heart event was a nice time.
We are in az picking up storage items. Hoping to get into house by july 1st.
We brought a young man with us to help lift things. Thats been nicer on my back.
Hope all are well!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 9:04 pm

Hey, CB, where did you move to? You sure move a lot. Glad you finally bought a house.

It's hot already but not real hot.............early morning & early evening is the key.

I wonder if TRUDY is fine with her vets...........pray so. I'm sure the guys can be a handful.
I always pray for the American Vets.

Everyone have a good evening.............

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 10:52 pm

Not hot here today. We are back in a rain pattern, which will go on until Monday. I don't mind the cooler weather and the rain will make our hay grow.

I was born 9 years after the end of WWII, but have always thought so highly of how our country came together at that time, the sacrifices on all levels of our society. My grandmother, poor as they came, would send things to England to help out after the war. Three of her sons were in the army during the war, another just after the war when he came of age. We are missing some things that we had in those days. Crying or Very sad

CB:
Is this the house you bought and rented out?

TRUDY:
How did your event go?

I rode Ivan a second time and still haven't had any leg problems. Next time I am going to trot him a little and see how it goes. I want to get back out on a trail ride as soon as I can.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 12:12 am

We just travel a lot...but we still have our house in idaho.
Renters will be out july 1st. We will move in for the summer.
After all we have to keep one step ahead of the bill collecters..... affraid
We enjoy going and meeting people and seeing as much as we can while we can.
We just bought a smaller toyhauler that i can drive and feel comfortable with. The bigger toyhauler will be a permanent az winter destination and we will boogie around in the smaller one.
Hope that clears up the confusion.
And no we aint wanted by the law either!
Lol.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2019 12:50 pm

CB, did your daughter get the starving horses ? I couldn't tackle that at my age..........

The Belmont is tomorrow but there is no excitement after the Derby debacle.

Everyone have a good day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JUNE 2019 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2019   JUNE 2019 Empty

Back to top Go down

JUNE 2019
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next