Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OCTOBER 2019

Go down 
+3
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 27, 2019 6:35 pm

Ohhhh, noooo. Not ready for snow yet! It's pretty, but I don't want any yet. Winter is long enough when it starts in late December. We have had snow in October, frosting the brightly colored leaves with white.
Today started out gloomy and cloudy, but has turned into a beautiful bright fall day. We had a lot of wind yesterday that thinned the leaves on the trees. We have good color this year, lots of reds and oranges. Some years, they just turn brown and fall off.
Tomorrow I'll "mow" leaves again.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 1:25 pm

Oh wow CB..............looks beautiful but obviously too early. I hope it melts
and gives you a brake before real winter..........
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 8:06 am

Holy cow CB...please keep that snow out there away from PA. The contractors should finish the new roof today (hopefully) and get started painting the front of the house where the hail stripped the paint. It's been a long repair nightmare, since April. We took off all the metal on the roof and put on shingles..what a difference when it rains it is so quiet now.

We had Trunk or Treat at church on Friday. Over 1,000 kids went thru the line. WOW...we had a blast.
Son Stacy brought little baby Gemma and the ladies just flipped out over how much she has changed since he adopted her. No longer that little shell of a frightened 2 year old into a friendly bubbly little girl, that had them all wanting to hold her. Thank you Jesus. We let her and Bailee pass out the candy once they went thru the line and got their goodies.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 10:15 am

TRUDY:
 Do the kids wear their costumes for Trunk or Treat?  I have to admit, I have never been to one of those.  I bet Gemma and Bailee were very cute!

We had a beautiful fall day yesterday.  Donnie stayed home to work with our very part time carpenter.  They worked on gates and then started on refurbishing the peacock's dome.  It hasn't had any maintenance since it was built in 2004.  They removed the mesh and prepped the metal struts for painting.  Then the carpenter began painting the top.  It is going to be a pretty blue.  The peacock is locked in his house until it is done.  He has dropped his tail feathers and has room to move around easily now in there.  Five extra feet of feathers makes moving a bit more difficult in an 8x8 house.  

It's cloudy today and will be raining all day tomorrow.  I suspect the pretty leaves will all be gone before our next sunny day.

OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 Donnie14

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 29, 2019 9:27 pm

That peacock dome is really neat, ARK. Well, DONNIE..............

I hope the peacock likes his house for a few days............

Our trees got done today so the trimmers got rich and we got poor.

It's going to be 8 degrees in the mountains tonight................brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
38 here.........it's only going to be 70 here tomorrow..........I'll wear a jacket out to feed tomorrow
morning at 6:30 A.

Everyone have a great evening. Praying for those in bad weather and fires.............

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 6:42 am

ARK:  Everyone wears costumes, the people who give out the candy are not supposed to wear anything scary or gross, but the kids can wear anything they want.  Our church gave out hot dogs & chips this year to the kids and adults that were standing in the line.  It started at 6:30 but people were in line at 5.  We didn't get home until around 9.  Bailee was a bear and Gemma was Minnie Mouse.  So cute but Grammy was so busy she didn't get a photo of them.  Darn it..

OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 20191010

The roof is finished!!!!!  Now onto the painting of the front & side of the house today.  Then a break until spring rolls around.  I'm done with contractors for a few months. Tim & Anthony have become part of the family this year, they have been here so often.  Really nice guys.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2019 8:15 pm

Our snow melted a bunch but turned pur hwys into skating rinks. I lost track of the rollovers and slideoffs...then there was a 30 car and semi pile up...closed I84 down for about 5 hours. No one killed thankfully but lots of injuries.
Crazee arse weather. This snow wasnt forecasted at all....then one was forecasted we never got! Its nutty forecasting.
Horses goat cats and dogs all doing fine.

Soninlaw joey ...jessis husband....his sister passed away last night. They are headed for texas...she was only 39. So sad.

Not much happening here. Hubby is building away...has all kinds of projects hes doing.

Everyone stay warm! Its been cold here! Tank heaters in water tanks. Too early for this deepfreeze!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 5:23 pm

CB, I wish you had kept that snow out there. We are supposed to get some of it tonight and tomorrow. Trick or Treating has been postponed in most local areas until at least tomorrow night. Some places are waiting until Saturday night.

For those of you watching the Breeders Cup, here are a couple of horses to watch - I hope.
British Idiom will run in the Juvenile Fillies tomorrow.
Hog Creek Hustle will run the Dirt Mile on Saturday.
Both horses were bred by the couple we visited in September. Brandi is soooo excited just to be there. They would be over the moon if they got to bring home some extra hardware. She and Steven got there yesterday and got to see both horses' morning works today. To be clear, they do not own either horse, but they are responsible for their existence.
Watch for Hargus and Sandra Sexton, Brandi and Steven Nicholson/Silver Fern Farm.
She told me that she thinks British Idiom has a better shot at winning. Hog Creek Hustle has run some good races, but he's going against tougher company, most of which are Derby prospects.
I will be glued to my TV all day tomorrow and Saturday. Brandi and Steven are such nice people, I would LOVE to see one of those horses lead the way to the finish line.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 10:19 pm

OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 Hallow14

CB:
 I am sorry about Jesse's sister-in-law.  That is very young.  Any news as to what happened to her?

ELLEN:
 Let us know how the race comes out!  Must be very exciting for them.  cheers   Good luck from here!

We have had rain for two days straight.  No rain for months, then plenty for all.  The wind has picked up and it's going to be a windy day Friday, too.  My horses got out to pasture just long enough to get soaked and eat some grass while I cleaned the barn...twice...today.  

When our road gets wet, snowy, leaf covered, icy, etc,  we have wrecks. Today, Halloween, a pair of young ladies dressed as white with black spotted cows, slid off the road at the same place those two young guys did, separately, last summer.  That poor tree that keeps getting hit....At least they didn't run thru our fence.   They were banged up a little, but mostly just shook.  Having two girls dressed as cows was new,  the wrecks are getting old.  The road dept. needs to change the banking of the road so that people don't slide off of it so easily.  That won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2019 10:52 pm

News from SVET:

ARK / DIANE -- I think there are some Foops over on the Over 50 Board that haven't had a chance to join us here yet. Could you please see if anyone there is interested in joining this group or even just sharing contact info so's we can stay in touch?? I can email them an invite from the Group site. I think I posted there about this group back when we opened it, but it's been awhile. And I'm running like crazy lately so don't know if I'll have time to trot over real soon. Thanks bunches!

Sound do-able? My personal email is marknsvet@tds.net .

flower
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 9:39 am

Time to change the calendar! Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t99-november-2019#12207

Or click on "Basket" and then on "November 2019"
bouncy bouncy bouncy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OCTOBER 2019   OCTOBER 2019 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

OCTOBER 2019
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4