Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March 2020

Go down 
+3
Ellen E
Graymare
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: March 2020   March 2020 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 2:36 pm

March 2020

March 2020 Goodby10
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptySun Mar 01, 2020 2:41 pm

Congrats, ELLEN, on the new jet ski!! :dance: Now we need pix when you get your ride home! Sounds like a lot of fun.... ClappingHands

We are having a warm day in between cold and then rainy days coming. I might just drag Ivan out of retirement and have a little ride this afternoon. flower
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 11:00 am

Hi everyone,

Things are going well here so far.................and am I glad.

I sure am behind in chores so I've got a lot to do....................

Congrats on your jet ski ELLEN...................

Godbless.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2020 11:41 pm

Graymare, I'm so happy that TL is home! I'll bet Rex was sure glad to see him.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 1:48 pm

GRAYMARE:
wavy TL is home!! wavy I'm sure he is a happier guy today! And he has his own private nurse to take care of him.... Very Happy

ELLEN:
Why is the new jetski better than the old one? Faster? Lighter? Prettier??

It's rainy here today. We just got home from Donnie's PT, then breakfast at Hardees, then a fast trip to WalMart. We went into the pharmacy and were a bit taken aback by the almost empty shelves for some flu related items. We went to pick up some Benedryl to put into our safety cabinet for the summer. They had that. Apparently folks are taking this virus scare seriously.

Then we went to vote in the primary. We were the only voters there at 11 a.m., but they said there had been 49 folks to come in so far. I hope people take that seriously, too. We are a small precinct, but there should be more voters.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2020 9:58 pm

Ark, that's a legitimate question. The old jet ski would run fine, really good, in fact. But, that model year produced jet skis that were HARD TO START. It got to where I was having to get Travis to help me get it started almost every time. It was burning through batteries too. It was a 2 stroke engine and was also 21 years old.
This jet ski has a completely different 4 stroke engine and fuel injection that will make it start every time. There are some other features that hadn't been invented yet when the old one was built.
The new one will go faster. I like faster. LOL
I'm getting old; if I want to play, I have to do it now.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 9:52 am

Ellen....thats how we feel...play while we can! We got a faster side by side...pick it up saturday to take with us on our travels.

GM glad TL is home!

Trudy...yuck on the skunk. Recipe for baths is dawn dish soap...baking soda and peroxide.....been there...but nit my dog...my grandson!!!!! Lol

Ark...harrys knee is still swollen....but fr says normal. Out of pt but may go back for 2 weeks more to help get full range. Barrel horses will finish a pattern even if rider falls off...you just have to hang on! If they love what they do..they will finish the run without the rider.....voice of experience. She must not have trained the horse...she just rode the trained horse.

Hi to everyone else...happy March! Hoping for warmer temps....am so tired of winter! Shoot that dang varmit! Cant trust anything nowadays.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 9:22 pm

CB:
I think you are right about the barrel racer, she must have just hung on for dear life and doesn't really know how to ride. It didn't make her a rider. Too bad, but Ivan will kill her accidentally, so I don't think I am going to invite her back.
By the way, what exactly is a side by side? Have fun with it!

Donnie is getting in the kitchen remodel mood! I hope it lasts. We cobbled our kitchen together and never have made it nice. I'd like it nice. Very Happy He is installing a new outlet box today that has six outlets and in a better place. It will be very helpful.

Cooler today, around 50, but cloudy. No rain though! The night before last we had a tremendous thunderstorm. It was the night the tornadoes went thru TN.
Both cats were on the bed with us and the dog kept circling the bed, said Donnie. I slept right thru it. Sleep

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Ark, I would suggest that you put in LOTS of outlets in the kitchen. I have them 5 of them, one every three feet of 15 feet of backsplash. All of them get used at different times.

I am a very happy camper this evening. I went to Ohio to pick up the jet ski. For the seller it seemed to be a Murphy's Law day. He had done everything he could to make sure that it was ready to go. We both backed the trailers into the water, anticipating that he would back off his trailer and then run right back up onto mine. He started the jet ski, but it wasn't quite far enough in the water so he had to get off to push it off. He got back on, it floated off the trailer and died. There just wasn't enough left in a 5 year old battery to restart it. This was on a river, so the current started floating him towards Lake Erie. LOL He managed to hand paddle to the opposite shore where he could stop. He called his wife who brought him a battery charger box. It was dead. So, he called a buddy who finally brought him another one that did work. Once it was started, I made sure my trailer was ready so he could run right up on it without stopping.
He was upset and I think felt a little embarrassed that things didn't go to plan. But, it didn't bother me at all. I knew we would eventually work it out, and did. He and his wife own a restaurant, so they treated me to lunch before I headed home.
The trip home was uneventful and the jet ski is now happily sitting in Travis' barn for the night.
Now, I just have to wait a couple of months before we can get it in the water to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 12:36 am

ELLEN:
ROFL Poor guy! The only thing that didn't happen was it didn't rain on him! ROFL Congrats on finally getting the jetski home and getting a free lunch! ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 5:24 am

Ark...a side by side is a faster version of a ute ehich is a two seat side by side....comes in 500 cc and up. Its bigger than an atv. A popular brand are called rzrs by polaris. We got an 800 cc by cf moto...cheaper than rzr...goes 55 mph and is street legal with horn..lights...mirrors...and turn signals. Can be ridden on secondary roads and in town...not on interstates. AZ and NM And ID have blm lands and you can ride anywhere on them. Off road vehicle since we dont have horses to get out and explore anymore. We had a honda pioneer...had a little truck box on the back and is great for moving things on the farm.
Kids have to have their toys....lol
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 7:17 am

Happy Spring Ahead Morning.  I HATE this stupid time change crap.  It drives me NUTS.  The moon was so full this morning I kept waking and thinking I left the outdoor lights on.  Ace was giving me the evil "what on earth are you doing up this early" dog eye.  LOL

ARK:  Unless that woman actually trained the horse to barrel race she is probably just a hang on by the seat of your pants rider without any real riding skills.  My barrel horse Maxx would run the pattern no matter who was riding him, I put plenty hours on training him and he LOVED his job.  He was smart about the rider too, I could run a blistering pattern and then put my friends little girl on him for the pee wee class and he would just adjust his speed to her riding ability.  You are smart to keep her off of Ivan before she gets hurt.  

Have a blessed Sunday everyone.  I'm off to church.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Ark, how is Donnie getting along now?

Graymare, how is TL doing now?

CB, are you having a ball with the side by side?

So far, the only water my jet ski has seen is at the car wash. The lake ice is gone, but it's going to be quite a while before I'll be ready to test the cold water.

I don't like the time change thing either. Indiana is on "double daylight time". We should be on the same time as Chicago, not New York. By late June, it is still daylight at 10:30 at night. For years, Indiana didn't change time at all, and I liked it that way. The ruling business people wanted to be on the same time as New York, complaining that they were missing out on business because they weren't open at New York's 9 AM. My thought for them was to get up earlier and answer the phones.
Oh well.....
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2020 2:07 pm

Ellen...we pick it up thursday...their service dept is putting on our street legal stuff.
You will enjoy your jet ski soon....patience...lol i dont have any patience.

Trudy...yep i agree with you on the barrel lady...every once onn awhile...once....i went off and finished pattern alone...hubby went off several times and Bitty bit finished alone...perfectly....

Helloooooooo to y'all.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 2:05 am

Oh gosh:

I'm already sick of politics, c/o daylight savings time, corona virus, empty stores, gasoline prices, oh yes, no testing kits
for corona virus..............all this reminds me of

Oh gads.......corona virus...............I remember clearly my microbiology professor stating in 196l "the bugs are
going to get us"...............maybe so, maybe not. Because there 's nothing I can really do to assure I won't get
it, I'll just have to get a bubble to live in..............it'a serious issue but there's nothing I can do. What a mess...............
obviously there are precautions but I'm tired of hearing about it..........

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 7:28 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CB :dance: Praying you have a wonderful day.

Graymare: I too, am sick of everything on the news. Don't even bother to turn it on any longer. People have lost their minds. Back to living on the farm walking Ace and enjoying our life in the country.
Thank God I'm a country girl and can avoid all the insanity. Wish I had a horse to ride into the woods on.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 9:40 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CB!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and get to pick up your new side by side and take a ride.

Graymare and Trudy, I'm with you. Politicians are so single minded they would argue about what to have for breakfast and what's wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 12:05 pm

Happy Birthday CB.............and many more. Eat chocolate................

I.m convinced the entire country has gone nuts.............except for us of course.

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 1:54 pm

To quote my mother: "Everybody is crazy but me and thee. And sometimes I wonder about thee."
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 7:24 pm

Image-1.jpeg  

Don't know if this will come up but it's for corona virus control..........a dog cone worn over your face so you can't touch
it........

Sorry it won't come up.....................
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Hello all!

♫•*¨*•.¸¸happy birthday to you¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ HAppy BIRTHday TO YOU ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

HAAAPPPYYY BBBIIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYYY Dear Ceee Beeee …!!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸ hApPy BiRtHdAy TO YOU! ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 10:24 pm

Nice to read everyone’s reports, new jet ski, new side by side, etc. People planning for spring, sounds like.

And tell me about TL’s health, and Donnie’s knee.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 11:07 pm

Happy Birthday, CB!!! :dance: wavy :dance:

March 2020 Breakf10

Eat something tasty!! No calories today!! Drool
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 11:18 pm

NANCY LEE:
I was so sorry to hear about your mother.... hug hug I hope you are okay....

Donnie is doing very well, thanks, ahead of schedule according to his PT people. He goes tomorrow for a check-up with his surgeon and next week he starts PT for 2 days a week instead of 3. That will help. I suspect the doctor will allow him to drive now, too. He planned on having his other knee done this coming fall, but with the coronavirus filling hospitals, it probably won't happen for awhile. He says now his new knee has less pain than his other knee. His new knee's leg is now straight, which hasn't been true for a dozen years.

The coronavirus is sure going to change summer plans for everyone. There are no acknowledged cases on this side of Virginia, yet, but since they are testing so few people, no one knows for sure. Donnie and I are about as ready for isolation as possible. We have stocked up on all animal feeds and have enough food and meds for us if we have to stay home for several weeks. We should be okay. Luckily we live out in the country, not in a town, so are already somewhat isolated. Donnie's upcoming retirement is very timely.

Stay healthy folks.

Back to top Go down
NancyLee

NancyLee

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 11:36 pm

Thank you Ark, I am fine. She is free now. I am relieved for her sake. I really lost her slowly for a long time.
So good to hear that Donnie is doing so well. Glad he got at least one knee done before the SHTF. Sounds like you are well prepped.

Well one thing about isolating yourselves out there, it’s like being on a resort holiday. What more could you ask for, a lovely spot, your favourite person and animals, and you can still ride without breaking quarantine

When we had the big SARS outbreak, i had to quarantine while living at the farm. What a hardship!!! Lol. I went out riding, took my mask in case something happened and I got into contact with anyone. Rough, I tell you. I was feeling so sorry for those who had to quarantine in an apartment in Toronto or somewhere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

March 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March 2020   March 2020 Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2020
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next