Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2020

Go down 
+3
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 1:47 pm

May 2020

May  2020 May-da10

May  2020 Decora10
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 2:05 pm

So here we are in May 2020. Let's hope it is a better month for the world than April was!

Things are still in lock down here in Virginia. No Pandapas Park open for horsey rides. Donnie did do a nice job raking our arena yesterday, so I may just go ride Ivan there this weekend. It's a bit cool and misty here today.

The vet came a couple of days ago to do shots and Coggins. All the horses and donkey behaved very well! The vets we use are from the Virginia Tech veterinary school, and it is basically shut down, so just the vet showed up. No students. It was kind of nice to have time to talk to her without her having to give her attention to her students. I suspect the students aren't too happy, though. They are missing what I would think is the best semester of their vet school experience, the field work.

Then this morning the farrier showed up to trim Ivan, Areion and Daisy. Donnie was there to make sure he didn't over trim Daisy's feet again. She is still limping from when he did it two cycles ago. So the horses are all set to go, and everything is closed. Oh, well.

We are only grocery shopping on Tuesday mornings when senior hour is scheduled at Kroger's. Lots of people there with masks and gloves this last week. We are no longer setting a trend, most folks are wearing protective stuff now there. People are tired of the lock down, but getting the virus seems far worse to me. This area has been lucky so far, very few cases, but I suspect that will change when the lock down is removed and people start gathering again.

ELLEN:
The lake sounds so nice. We have been going down to the river and having lunch occasionally. I do like to watch the water.

GRAYMARE:
How is TL doing? I am sure glad he is home now.

TRUDY:
Congrats on the new kittens! I hope you can tame them up and make nice pets out of them. Both my indoor cats have had a cold or something similar. Kumquat is pretty well over it, but ThunderPuff is still sneezy/coughing, poor guy. The vet says that unless it turns into a bacterial type illness, there isn't anything to do for them. T-Puff seems better in the last two days, but I will be glad when it is gone. He's our baby, you know.... cat

It would be nice if lots of folks would tell how things are going in their area with the virus. How are you doing??
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 2:46 pm

Hooray! I'm back in. Thank you, Ark. I have no idea what happened that I got signed out and the autofill wouldn't work to let me sign back in.

It is a beautiful day here today. After most of a week of clouds and rain, it's nice to see the sun. The guy is supposed to come this evening to put in my dock. Yea! Then, as soon as Travis has time, we'll get the jet ski in the water. I can't wait!
With a nice weather weekend, I expect there will be a lot more boats out and about. Since people are off work, there are already more than usual for this time of year.

Yesterday, I had some errands to run. In each one, the items I wanted were brought to my car. I could get used to that. (I'm lazy.) Around here, the virus is minimal. Only 36 cases in the whole county of 80,000 people, and 19 of those are recovered.

My poor tulips are finally blooming, although they are somewhat worse for the wear of cold weather. Not as many of them are blooming this year. The sturdy ones that made it are bright and pretty.
This fall, I'll add some more into the beds and hope for a better "crop" next year.

I think I'll go join the golf cart parade. No, there isn't a real parade, but there are a LOT of carts running around. It's fun to ride around and see what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyFri May 01, 2020 9:45 pm

Happy May everyone.............It's getting hot here............... Shocked
Mornings are still nice...........late afternoon not so good..................
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptySat May 02, 2020 8:14 am

Happy May everyone!

Our crazy Governor Wolf is starting to reopen the state   Luckily we are in the part he is opening on May 8th.  We can now golf & go camping & boating & have child care, but still can't get a haircut, buy plants at a garden center or go to church.  AMAZING.  Construction can start also.

Me & my girlfriends are having a get together this week so we can make plans for our tea party and we are now planning a cookout since 25 people can now gather.

I'm going to the dentist on Monday, even though she isn't allowed to be opened she is going to see me.  She is a wonderful dentist, she called me in antibiotics for the pain I have been having. Praying it's just a abscess and I don't need a root canal.  I think it's because I have been grinding my teeth a extra lot lately.  My eye doctor called to schedule my lazer surgery next month.

Stay safe & healthy as we try to get our lives back to normal, what ever that means now.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptySat May 02, 2020 11:40 am

Indiana is opening up too.  Gradually, but mostly sensibly.  This area has barely been hit with the virus.  So far, 36 cases, 19 of which have recovered.  Being here at the lake, makes it easy to still have things to do without being too close to other people.

My dock is in, so now as soon as Travis gets a battery for the jet ski I will be off and going.  (He can get it a lot cheaper, and knows what to get.)  YEA!!!

It's a beautiful SUMMER day today. We went right from winter to summer. It's nearly 80°. People are out in the boats wearing bathing suits.

I saw a Baltimore oriole so I got busy and put out the hummingbird feeder. Sure enough, the orioles found it right away.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptySat May 02, 2020 3:21 pm

AZ is still. closed until May 15...............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptySun May 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Our neighbors got home from Florida last night. This afternoon, we all gathered in one of the yards and ordered a pizza. It was a little bit chilly, but the pizza and friendship was warm.
The weekend was just beautiful, but it's going to be colder again for a couple of weeks. No jet ski yet. Too cold. Boo hiss.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptySun May 03, 2020 10:38 pm

This week end was great. My friend is in a prison ministry and she was just talking and I said I'm cleaning out a shed,
and have a bedroom set if anyone needs one. She found someone that needed one so I went to the shed, brought it out
and cleaned it up The mattresses had been covered and even they were OK. So Saturday morning at 7 A the team
came to pick up everything. It made us feel really good. Today I received a thank you from the prison ministry for
the set. I only think I have problems. So far so good.

Pizza, YUMMMMMMMMMM.

Everyone have a good evening. ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 4:45 pm

I hate not be able to log in...sometimes i can read tho.
I guess ill visit when i am able to. Its frustrating.
Idaho is on stage one reopening...
We will see how it goes. We would like to leave idaho and go somewhere else before long. We shall see. Have the wanderlust.
Still getting dental stuff done....woe is I!
Took our oldest bulldog to vet for bloodwork....hes aok....i really thought he might have diabetes...he drinks so much water.
We are hangin in there. Everyone stay healthy.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyMon May 04, 2020 8:55 pm

There you are, CB. I'd been wondering where you were. Glad to know that you are doing okay, and so is the dog.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 11:23 am

Hi . It's a good day here. Sunny, cool, quiet in the hood, joggers out, horses grazing, a few neighbors chatting.
All seems fine except for the covid-19. It's an interesting time, for sure. I ran out to the grocery yesterday got
my items and came home, all without incidence. I got a couple of Wendy's Frosties for a treat. The medium now
costs more than the large did last fall.................So, that's the end of two........I will get one next time and share
it with TL.. That was yesterday. We'll see what today brings..............heat for sure in the late afternoon.

The weatherman looks rainy in the midwest........my SIL said it's rainy and cold at her house. Our weather patterns
have sure changed in recent years............

We have two sheriffs that publicly stated they weren't going to make criminals out of people for
not obeying state isolation rules/laws. Good grief. Both stated the protesters have constitutional rights.
What kind of rights do I have? Oh boy. America at its whits end.

It will be interesting to hear/read your travel reports CB as to what has changed around the country.

There was a mariachi band that went to the fields in California to play for the field workers. I thought
that was super. A bright patch for sure for the workers.

Everyone have a good day.........God bless.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 2:30 pm

This evening a fighter wing will fly over this area, a bit south of here. They are making a tour of northwestern Indiana. They'll probably be about 5 miles south of here, so I might just have to make a little trip to watch them roar by.
Every couple of weeks two warthogs will make very low altitude training runs that go right over my house. I start hearing the roar of them coming, a few seconds later I have to be looking up or they'll be gone. The first few times people hear them, it's rather startling. It isn't a sound you hear everyday. Very loud, very fast, very low. Very neat.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 2:56 pm

I hear the planes flying here everyday...too close to flightline here at fam camp. Rattles things off walls and counters! Hubby use to work on the warthogs....this base is flying F15s tomcats now. Low and right over camp...shakes the ground.
Cloudy today.
We lost a friend who was 91 from heart problems. She was well known in the arabian world awhile back. My daughter use to break her arabs. She raised polish arabs. Beautiful horses. She will be missed by many. Her service was yesterday and her headstone was an arabian horse.
Ill try to make reports as we go if i can log in.
By the time i get logged in i forget what i was going to say. Rolling Eyes
We hope to be on the road shortly...i need fitted with my partial when its done....and hoping it will fit and ill be off.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 4:16 pm

We had an honor flight here, also. It was last week.........right over our house. F15s and 35s, low LOUD, and fast of course.
We all shook as they went over. Every time I see/hear them I tear up with pride.......They went over all the health facilities to
honor the front lines in health care protecting us.................
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 5:36 pm

I thought it was so neat last week when the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds teamed up to do some flyovers.  They were over New York, New Jersey, and eventually places farther south.  Those planes are beautiful.

I did drive a few miles to a good place to watch the flyover.  To be honest, I get a better show here at home when they are on training missions.  There were only two planes at about 3000 feet, heading back to home base.  I hoped there would be 5 or 6 planes. Today is a very low ceiling with light rain, not especially good flying weather.  
When they fly over my house, they are about a thousand feet, rattling the windows.  But, I'm glad I was there.  A number of other people had also decided that was a good place to watch.
The A 10 Thunderbolts, or warthogs, are not a particularly pretty plane, but are known as the tanks of the sky. This group is based about an hour driving time from here. Probably 5 minutes in their flying time.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 7:09 am

In this time of struggle & hardship for everyone here is a reminder, today Thursday May 7 is the National Day Of Prayer for our nation.  Don't forget to pray for healing for the nation.  National Day Of Prayer.Org reminds us to pray for the following.

Government...Federal..State..Local  Pray for your leaders, as well as the judges in our courts.  Ask God to grant them wisdom to act with integrity.  Proverbs 11:3  Romans 13:1-2    1 Timothy 2:1-2

Military...Courage and dependence on God.  Psalm 91

Media...Whatever is is true,whatever is noble, whatever is right.   Philippians 4:8

Business...Christian workers to display Christ-like humility and service to their co-workers.  Philippians 2:3

Education...A return to the truth and Judeo-Christian ethics.   Psalm 1:1-2

Church...A return to the absolutes of God's Word.   Psalm 1:1-3

Family... If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.   Mark 3:25

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." President Ronald Reagan

Why pray for America?  God is sovereign and nothing comes as a surprise to Him. No matter what we face, our Heavenly Father is not caught unaware.  Through prayer, we are able to tap into His wisdom, strength, protection, and peace.

Stay safe and healthy...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 8:48 am

Thank you, Trudy.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 12:47 pm

Thanks TRUDY. I read that to some of my church folks.......via telephone. They, too, enjoyed it lot..........
assurance and comfort for all in these times.............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptySun May 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. Some of you have 2 legged kids, and some have 4 legged kids, and some have both. Enjoy your special day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptySun May 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Yes, HAPPY Mother's Day TO ALL................

God bless.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptySun May 10, 2020 3:18 pm

Wow i didnt even have to fight to log in...unbelievable! Yay!

Happy Moms Day to all mums to 2 legged and 4 legged variety of kids. Have a great day.

Looks like we are taking a load down to storage in az on our flatbed...one of the side by sides and odds and ends that i cant part with. There are just some things you cant let go of....

Getting the few things left in storage unit and packing on the trailer....then back here to finish out my stint with the dentist...then off we go...hoping by end of may.

Hugs to everyone! Have a wunnerful wunnerful day!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptySun May 10, 2020 8:48 pm

Where is everybody?
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 10:27 am

Ark, are you okay? We haven't seen you for most of two weeks.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 11:46 am

I saw a post on facebook two daysa ago....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

May  2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 Empty

Back to top Go down

May 2020
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next