Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2020

Go down 
+3
Graymare
Ellen E
Ark
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Graymare

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptySun May 24, 2020 9:09 pm

Boy, our "hood"was closed today...............everybody has gone somewhere. Our neighbors across the road are home.
We had a BBQ.....that's it. We honored the service men/women we know and watched two memorial services on
TV. Our flag out front needs replacing and we didn't get it done. Maybe tomorrow. Our local memorial services were cancelled.
Everything has changed. To those who served, THANK YOU!!!

We are still social distance knowing the covid virus is still a threat................

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 12:07 am

We stayed home, rented a movie on Prime, never saw another person today. I can't say it was bad, it was a nice day at home.

The movie was fun! It was called "Sweetheart" about a young lady stranded on an island with a monster.... affraid Kind of like Castaway plus Creature from the Black Lagoon. Very Happy

I rode Ivan yesterday, it was actually sunny. Today we had thunderstorms off and on all afternoon. No ride. Ivan seems to be getting back into work. No problems with him.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 12:08 am

There were quite a few pontoons cruising around at idle speed, because of the high water. The loud mouth with the bull horn is back this year. I had hoped that maybe he'd grown up a little, but no. There are about 10 or 12 pontoons that all anchor right in front a house across the lake that happens to have a sand bar. They all tie together and make a lot of noise with the bull horn and the loud music. Sadly, they are on public waters and there is nothing that can be done about them. We'll have to live with that on the weekends this summer.

Last August, I saw a little rowboat floating down the lake. It floated near a neighbors' pier so I tied it to their pier and then eventually we moved it to my jet ski lift, hoping the owner would claim it. There were no registration numbers to be able to identify it. A couple of weeks ago, I called the DNR. They sent a guy to look at it. He was not able to track down an owner. Since it was abandoned, he towed it away today. I was glad to see it go.

We went right from winter straight into mid summer. Monday was in the 50s; today was in the high 80s.

I am forever grateful for all those who gave everything so we can be free. I never take that for granted.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyTue May 26, 2020 1:30 am

Just what you want on the lake................a loudmouth with a bull horn.............There's always one
goofball. With any luck ELLEN, the batteries might give out on his bull horn..............

The news today made it look like America has gone nuts..............Oh, I forgot, it has.

We did enjoy some local memorial ceremonies today........

Still wearing a mask and still distancing.............AND, having fun.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Water is still high. No jet skiing yet. Drat.
Nothing else is happening right now. Double drat.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2020 3:41 pm

Not much happening here either. Have oral surgeon consult tommorrow
Get this sinis thing fixed....im ready.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2020 11:32 pm

Today marks #48 for us ... seems like a short time most of the time.

A quick summary:  Spent week of THANKSGIVING, 2018 in hospital with plumbing problems, and then another 3 days with same difficulty in March 2020.  Still not completely over that, but much better.

On July 29, 2020, I fell (face plant) on edge of driveway and managed to break shoulder joint.  Had surgery for that in October.  Ive got most of my range of motion back, but still somewhat limited in strength.  Doc has done about all he can do without replacing shoulder joint and that AIN'T A GONNA HAPPEN with me.

On Saturday after Valentines Day, 2020, I was out for a bit of exercise on a mile walk on our road...fell in the grass.  After a bit of struggle, I managed to get up on my feet and start on back home.  About a 1/3 mile later, I guess I Was subconsciously in a bit of hurry and my feet couldn't keep up ... bad face plant on rough tar and gravel surface.  This gave me a cut through face from corner of nose to top of lip (Think cleft pallet).  My glasses frame got mangled up and the nose piece got into corner of my eye and severed the tear duct.  had to call Carol to come get me.  Fortunately some folks stopped and helped to get me into car.  I was pleasantly surprised at how little pain was involved from injury. The surgeon who stitched up my face refused to put me to sleep for that and the numbing shots were extremely painful.affraid affraid affraid  I was put to sleep for eye surgery on Sunday morning when a stent was installed to repair torn tear duct.  NO DAMAGE TO EYE ITSELF ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands No scaring on face  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  One more doctor visit and all that will be done. Have in-home Physical Therapy to work on leg strength and balance issues.  That has helped some and will continue for a few more weeks.

This household has avoided catching Covid19 virus, and we dont go anywhere unless absolutely necessity...grocery store, doctor visits, pharmacy. etc.  I'm kinda glad to NOT be driving anymore.  My former boss has indicated he may not go out anymore either.
I do admit I kinda miss the road sometime, but its been nice to sleep in late and to also not deal with crazy traffic and drivers.

Stay safe everyone...!!  Love to all !!  Rick
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 2:27 am

Happy Anniversary!
I hope you dont have any more falls. Stay on soft ground.

Other campers laugh at me and my old bulldogge Odie. We will be walking along...he gets behind me and plops down on the ground...about pulls me down to...i come to a screeching halt. Odie weighs 113. And then he rolls and scratches his back while i stand there cursing him. I cant get him up until he is ready. Ive had cars come by and tbey just drive around us. Talk about a stubborn bulldogge!
Wish me good news at the oral surgeon appt....i see no way around it coming out and having stitches AGAIN. It shifted so much when the bone broke. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 7:35 am

RICK:  Oh my gosh...you certainly have been having a terrible time.  Praying for you and Carol.Things are still crazy here although out county Montour is turning green tomorrow.  Unfortunately for me, everything we do is still in counties of the yellow phase.  We are the smallest county in the state of PA, green surrounded by a sea of yellow counties.  People are out and about anyway.  Still can't get my hair cut or go to church.

Memorial Day was quiet around although we joined in with the Taps Across America, 2,500 buglers played Taps at 3:00 PM and every one was supposed to play Taps on their phones and salute the Flag for our Fallen Veterans.  Quite a moving experience. 

Our garden is coming along nicely.  Finally finished planting the pepper plants yesterday.  Corn, beans and red beets are already popping up outta the ground.  Cukes and cabbage planted.  It's going to a good garden this year, with lots of veggies to share.

Stay safe & healthy...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 9:31 am

Rick, I'm so sorry you've had so much trouble. I hope most of it is behind you and things will get better from here on.

We still have high water. It's going down, slowly. STILL can't get to the jet ski or ride it.

This area is open for most things, with care. By July 4th, we are supposed to be back to normal - sort of.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyThu May 28, 2020 11:42 am

RICK:
 For goodness sake!  affraid  Stay on your feet and stop face planting!!  I hope your eye and shoulder and plumbing and anything else hurting heal up quickly and you get back to RICK normal... hug   It is good to hear from you, but let's do something more fun, like celebrate your upcoming birthday.... :dance:

CB:
 Wow, you have a large doggy paperweight to deal with.  Cattle prod? Very Happy  I hope your surgery heals up quick and you can get back to your normal life, too.  

TRUDY:
 Congrats on getting your garden planted.  We  have two 4x8 foot raised beds planted, but that is it so far.   Stay safe!

ELLEN:
 Sorry about the jerk with the bullhorn.  Those things should be illegal in a quiet area.  I hope he drops it in the lake.

GRAYMARE:
  Good to hear you are doing well in AZ!  Is it hot yet?   How is TL doing?

Well, to distract us from our current woes and foibles, here is how they exercise in Britain during times when the gyms are closed....Enjoy!

May  2020 - Page 3 Exerci11
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 29, 2020 12:56 am

Wowser ARK, cool gymnastics.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY RICKSTER & CAROL. No more face plants, good grief.

This afternoon was hot.........still cooling off in the evenings.

Nothing new in AZ...........people still walking around without masks and crowding around bars.......

Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2020 12:41 am

This surely sounds like something HT would enjoy. I sure miss his shenanigans !!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

An old farmer died leaving his 17 horses to his 3 sons.
When his sons opened up the will it read:
‘My eldest son should get 1/2 (half) of total horses;’
‘My middle son should be given 1/3rd (one-third) of the total horses;’
‘My youngest son should be given 1/9th (one-ninth) of the total horses.’
As it’s impossible to divide 17 into half or 17 by 3 or 17 by 9, the three sons started to fight with each other.
So, they decided to go to a farmer friend who they considered quite smart, to see if he could work it out for them.
The farmer friend read the will patiently, and, after giving due thought, brought one of his own horses over and added it to the 17.
That increased the total to 18 horses.
Now, he divided the horses according to their father’s will.
Half of 18 = 9. So he gave the eldest son 9 horses.
1/3rd of 18 = 6. So he gave the middle son 6 horses.
1/9th of 18 = 2. So he gave the youngest son 2 horses.
Now add up how many horses they have:
Eldest son 9
Middle son 6
Youngest son 2
TOTAL = 17
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2020 1:17 am

That's good RCKSTER, HT would love it...................and I will take the extra horse...........LOL

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2020 1:26 am

RICK:
 Good story, strange math problem, but good ending...Very Happy  
 I totally missed your anniversary announcement!  Sorry about that, I hope it was a happy one!  I thought you meant that you had been in quarantine at home for 48 days! ROFL  Happy Anniversary!

I got a little ride in on Ivan this evening.  He was good.  We ONLY need 92 (plus a little) more miles to go to finish the challenge.  Rolling Eyes   Oh, well, it gives me incentive to get out and ride.   I am hoping to go on a trail ride at the newly re-opened Pandapas Park next Wednesday.  It should be easy to social distance on a horse in the middle of the woods.  I am going with the friend whose horse is 30 years old this year, so we won't be going very fast.  

Donnie plans on cutting hay tomorrow in our upper field... if it isn't too wet.  We may get a little rain overnight, but then it is supposed to be dry for the next 5 days.  I hope so, I have about 2 weeks worth of decent hay left if the horses use their grazing muzzles all day.  That halves the number of hay bales I use daily.  The horses aren't fighting the muzzles much this year, so far no one has gotten one off....knock on wood.... Ivan and Areion are fairly creative about getting them off.   Donnie greased up his hay implements and fixed a flat on one of them.  I think he is ready to mow.  

Today's ride:  1.66 miles in the arena.  Ivan talking to Areion.

May  2020 - Page 3 Ivandi13
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

May  2020 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2020   May  2020 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:05 pm

Time to change the calendar.  Go to:

https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t106-june-2020#12678

Or click on Basket and then "June 2020"

flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower