Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JUNE 2020

Go down 
+2
Ellen E
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:04 pm

June 2020

JUNE 2020 40029710
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:10 pm

Happy Birthday, RICK!!!

Have you had some cake, yet?   Drool

JUNE 2020 Unicor13

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 1:16 pm

Donnie is busy with the upper hayfield, we will probably bale it tomorrow (Tuesday). The weather is perfect for hay making, not too hot, very sunny and low humidity. Very Happy

We have two fawns in our upper hayfield, so Donnie left a nice, shady area unmowed for them to hide in. It's nice to see the deer return, we hadn't seen any on our property in almost a year. rendeer

I rode Ivan again yesterday, two days in a row! He seems to be accepting his lot as a working horse again. He did great! All the horses are back in grazing muzzles all day. Fat little piggies..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 3:01 pm

I wish I could get a good dose of Vitamin H.  

Rick, I hope you had a wonderful day.

Our neighborhood handyman is hard at work on my deck today.  He's power washing it, making it look like new.  After it's had a few days to dry thoroughly, he'll paint or stain it.  Then that job will be done for a few years.  
He has one of those disks for his pressure washer that covers about a foot at a time.  Sooooo much better than one little inch wide swath at a time.
Can't wait to see it all done.  Smile
He is a retired fire chief.  After retiring, he was working as a night janitor at one of the local schools and hated it.  He helped me with some leftover winter leaves, then another neighbor asked him to pressure wash their house, then another neighbor.....  And he has backed right into as much work as he wants to do.

Last edited by Ellen E on Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2020 8:59 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICKSTER........eat fudge!!!

Nothing new here............Terry got a new phone, I did not as mine is still good for a long time.

I had a marshmallow sundae at Culvers' today................YUM. I still see the blah blahs and today was fun.
We sat at two tables pushed together and sat approximately 6 feet apart. There were only 5 of us..........

Hope your deck comes out nice, ELLEN.

Everyone have a good evening.

Back to top Go down
cb

cb

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 am

Well oral surgeon sliced that toother out and didnt break any mire bone....but my nose where he flushed my sinus cavity with antibiotic solution has said i will run like a leaky faucette. I will need a couple of points that hit filed down and a cleaning and im hoping we can kiss this town goodbye....he had to cut the whole gum area where the teeth were removed open to flush the sinus cavity out and restitched it....but i cat eat with less pain already....not that i want to gain my 30 lbs back that i lost altho now i have to buy smaller sized clothes....i dont reccommend losing it that fast tho...i feel tired and need naps now...course may be just old age too. But i had lots of jello and bouillion yesterday.....by last night i moved up to mashed taters and gravy...yum.
We didnt make a summer reservation because didnt know how long this would take.....we have made out 6 month winter reservation in elephant butte at cedar cove rv park in new mexico. So now need to find a higher elevation rv park for a few cooler months this summer. Im beginning to feel more human ad i can pronounciate my words a whole lot better. When other dentist pulled back molar he also shifted one next to it where the roots were exposed...it was sitting liwer and my tongue was bumping into it messing my prounciation of most words up...and it was a painful toothache for 3 months. Not good...i hurt and was embarrassed becuz people couldnt understand me. I will take extra consuderation of people with speech problems from now on. So now we see if the antibiotics im on take care of the infection so i wont have to have a bone graft yet. Wish me luck please.

Rick happy late birthday

Ellen bet your deck will look super!

GM..glad you are getting back with your friends...thats important. I really worry all these protestors that stayed at home can now be in a mob next to each other that we will see an uprise of virus....

Ark...you and Ivan will reach your goal...i have faith!
Did you see on the news about the people and horse trailer were attacked. Ive heard reports that they are ok...to horses and driver were killed...malls and stores and people being destoyed. How do they feel its ok to do that.

Everyone ve careful.

My daughter bought back a mare that was very skinny and ribby....went out one morning to a foal next to her. Pretty baby. Mare is putting on weight now also. I wonder how they have anything to give their babies the shape she was in. She was up nursing in an hour and mare is a good momma. Both doing fine.

To everyone else...stay safe and enjoy summer...we are still getting snow on our mountains!...and lots of rain in the valley.

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 11:55 am

I'm glad you have a plan CB...............The time is coming up and you'll be on the road..................
have fun, for sure.

We have PT today so have to get jumping.

Everyone have a good day................

Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 9:00 pm

FINALLY!  The water has gone down, my pier is back in place, and I took a little ride around the lake.  It's still idle speed only, so I wasn't able to really ride.  However, I did squeeze on that handle just a little bit for a few seconds.  Wooooeeee!  That thing is QUICK!  Color me happy.  Very Happy

One day later:
They lifted the idle speed restrictions today. I took the jet ski to the big lake where I could really try it out. Ohhhh, my gosh! This thing is FAST. When it got to 55mph with a lot of throttle left, I chickened out - for now. I LOVE IT!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 9:15 pm

I guess I'm talking to myself now. Everybody is gone.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptySat Jun 06, 2020 10:22 pm

Checking in....Ellen you sound like me on my sxs...i started out a coward...slow and easy....then i was cutting donuts in the sand washes by rv park....now im racing and doing up hills and down hills cutting off the hubby. And yippy ky ayein. Second childhood is fun.
Its raining and thunder and lightning...dark out...have lights on early.
Not much going on today....all inside at the park. Dogs enjoyed the patio for awhile today...but not long.
Tomorrow going to see kiddo...grand kiddoes...and great grand kiddo....which another great grand kiddo will arrive in december. I feel old but glad i will see these babies cuz Harper...granddaughter... is only 5 and i doubt ill be around when she has kids....this old age stuff is sad. Rain and no sun doesnt help...having a sore mouth doesnt either. I used the rinse that was prescribed but im allergic to it and it made my mouth get ulcers and sores....back to eating soft and liquids. Ugh. Been over 3 months of work...stitches...stitches out...soreness. Im ready to get all better....but now talking bone graft....darn....i wonder who i pissed off. Want to hit the road and sightsee....but here we still are. Bah Humbug.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 12:24 pm

CB, I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble with your teeth and mouth. I hope they can get that all fixed soon. It's good to lose weight, but not that way.

We've had a couple of really nice days, and everybody is out in their boats, pontoons, and all the other water toys.
Yesterday, it was just a coincidence, but several of us were out on golf carts and met in the middle of an intersection. We sat and visited for several minutes before a truck came along and wanted to go through. Two of us adjourned to my driveway to continue the visit.

I hope everybody is having a good early part of the summer.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 3:41 pm

ELLEN:
I am happy your new jetski is working out so well!! wavy It does sound like scary fun! I bet the lake is pretty in the good weather. How is the guy with the bullhorn?

CB:
Yikes, your mouth problems sound terrible. I hope you heal up quicker than quick. Have fun visiting all the kids!

We have been busy. Donnie put up the hay in the upper field on Tuesday, we stacked it in the new hay building. Then Wednesday we took Ivan to Pandapas Pond park and I rode 7.5 miles.... wonderful weather, a nice breeze, beautiful Mountain Laurel blooming everywhere, cicadas singing the song of their people, and Ivan in the absolute best mood ever! I buzzed with happiness! It was the perfect day.

We debated over cutting the lower field on Saturday, but then the tropical storm made up our minds. We may get some rain off of it. The lower field has much more hay growing than the upper field did, and will take longer to dry. We need at least 5 days to dry and stack it. So the hay is going to be longer and stemmy, but if it is dried well, will be good for fat horses like ours.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Ark, I am becoming less leery of it. I did open it up the last time I had it out on the big lake. It's very stable and predictable, so apprehension was worse than reality. I'm in love with the maneuverability.
We've had a couple of really great weather days that would be ideal for making hay. I hope that's what you have.
Bullhorn boy hasn't shown up this weekend - thank goodness.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 6:36 am

Today is National Friends Day.  I wanted to check in and say hello to everyone and thank you for being my friends for so many years thru the Internet as we walk thru this journey called life.

CB:  Gosh girlfriend, I am so sorry to hear about your teeth issues.  Mouth pain is the worst pain there for us gingers.  What a nightmare for you to be going thru.

ARK:  I love those horse pictures you put up.  I capture them and send to my other horse friends.

ELLEN:  Keep having fun with your new jet ski.  

GRAYMARE:  Enjoy your time with the blah blahs.  My friends and I do the driveway visits too.

Things are quiet here in our part of PA.  We have been working in the garden and the veggies are looking good.  We will have a lot of fresh veggies to share this year.  Still doing the egg distribution for my freind Jeff, his chickens have been working overtime.  Our church resumes services on the 21st.  Can't wait to get back into church.

I've been spending a lot of time with my freind Karen, her brain cancer is back and she is not doing well at all.  Tomorrow she makes the dreaded decision to continue the chemo nightmare or just stop all meds and try to live out her life in a semi normal state.  What a horrific decision to have to make.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 11:12 am

Trudy...your friend Karen has a tough decision....ill be sending her good vibes. Sorry she has to be going thru this with this virus and now protesting times. Hugs for you and her.
Our churches are open here now. I fear with the close proximity of protesters and beach goers in large crowds that its going to get worse instead of better.
I am so ready to get done with mouth pain. Bad part of it is its mostly the dentists fault. Hes very rough. The oral surgeon...my verdict is still out. I just want to get better. I want to talk normally...with no pain. I have no patience.
Ark...yep id wait on making the hay too...we have had so much rain here....my dogs are growing web feet.
Is anywhere nice and dry? With warm winters...not damp and clammy.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 11:14 am

We have fresh snow on the closest mts in town...winter is hangin on. Heater is running in daytime in june....going to be a short summertime
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2020 10:21 pm

CB, I sure hope your dentist or surgeon or whatever gets your mouth straightened out and FAST.

TRUDY, prayers for your friend to do well through this stage her life. It's very sad to say the least.
(((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 12:20 am

TRUDY:
What did Karen decide? Poor lady...... hug
Also, how is the older lady you ran into at the bank who lost so much money to the Nigerian scammer last year. Did she get any of her money back?

CB:
I don't know how you've gone so long with this mouth pain. The abscessed tooth I had removed after 12 days of horrid pain was way more than I could stand. I hope they have at least given you some kind of pain killers that work. hug
Churches are open here, too, and it worries me that there is going to be a huge increase in Covid 19. We've been pretty lucky so far in our area of the state, not many cases, but I bet that changes with all the places opening up. Our governor did insist that everyone wear a mask inside public places, but not everyone is doing it. I guess they will believe it is real when people start catching it here.

We did a grocery run to Kroger's this morning then had a hotdog for lunch in the Hardee's parking lot. Rolling Eyes I didn't have to cook it. It tasted better because of that....

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 1:50 pm

Trudy, I pray for your friend. Either way, it's a sad decision.

This morning, I stayed with the girls and a friend while their moms went to get some landscaping plants. It's the hottest day we've had, and they are going to dig holes in the sun. It will all look very pretty when it's done. The two older girls are pretty self-sufficient and require little attention. Not-quite-three year old Nora does require a bit more supervision. She's a sweet little girl and doesn't intentionally cause any problems, but one does need to know where she is.
All the little girls were playing with a waterpark toy in the driveway. It is a small pool and I put water in it for them. It was soooo very normal for little girls to be playing in the water on a summer day. They all played in the lake yesterday afternoon - alllll afternoon. They had a ball. Travis took them for a pontoon ride, a ride in the rowboat, and a ride in the speedboat.
I don't know how much of that they will remember, but I hope they all remember how much fun it was. And, I hope they have lots more days like that.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 1:43 am

Oral surgeon didnt get all the stitches out yesterday....geewhiz....how long do they go to school anyway. Icant take pain pills...extra strength tylenol. He gave me a script for zophran which is on my allergic to list....its been a bad rodeo.
Someones dogs are barking its almost 11...really no rules here and being on base it should be run better. We walked the dogs and almost got hit two nights ago. When sbe got out of her car i told her she needed to go slower...she screamed you talkin to me bitch....lt col lives next to us he is in base security....he told her she isnt anymore i am airman. Should have seen her salute and apologize. He taljed to her and she has been creeping around about 5 mph..
Her dad is camped here and she is stationed here.
Thats all the excitement here.
Did get to play with great grandson and number two great grand be here in december. Guess thats exciting!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 9:27 am

CB, it is nice to see that someone who deserves a reprimand get it, and then change her behavior. She may hate doing it, but at least she is following orders.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2020 10:17 pm

CB:
How are you feeling? I hope better. What a nightmare.

ELLEN:
Weekend's coming. I hope bullhorn creep doesn't show up, or at least lost his bullhorn. It's going to be pretty here tomorrow, Saturday, but then we have a week of thunderstorms coming. No hay making for us until we have at least 4 or 5 good dry days predicted.

RICK:
Healing up? Any more face splats? Hope not!

TRUDY:
Any news about your friend's decision?

GRAYMARE:
How's the Blah Blah crowd doing? Did the two who broke shoulders/arms get better?

Donnie took our red truck, that hauls the horse trailer, to be inspected today. It failed....sigh....Whatever the part is that it needs won't get here until mid-week next week. So no trail rides at Pandapas for me this week. I have been having Ivan and Areion run around the arena every evening to get in better shape. Ivan rarely breaks a sweat, but Areion makes up for it by sweating fast. She isn't in good shape. They are getting better already, and getting used to the idea of making laps at different gaits. They look so pretty running together.

Today Ivan turned on the flashing lights on the tractor. Rolling Eyes He used the tractor to catch his grazing muzzle on to pull it off. It worked great. I looked up the hill where it was parked while exercising the horses and saw the lights flashing. Donnie found the knob for the flashers in the grass, next to Ivan's grazing muzzle. The tractor is no longer parked where Ivan can reach it. Areion broke her new muzzle today, but didn't get it off. This makes four she has damaged in some way. We glue them, sew them, velcro them to death, or buy new ones, and Areion figures out how to destroy each one. My horses are too clever.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 6:59 am

Good morning everyone.Busy time here on the farm, working in the garden..darn those stupid weeds.  Getting a load of stone today to fix the place where the contractors tore up the yard with the big lift. 

Our church groups started up this week.  So excited to be back among my friends.  Our church opens up on the 21st, can't wait for that day to arrive, our state is still under the thumb of crazy Wolf who thinks he is the KING.  Still can't get my hair cut.  I'm starting to look like my Auntie Edna.  LOL

ARK:  My friend Loretta the one who was scammed passed away a couple months ago.  She never recovered any of her money and it just wore her down.

My friend Karen is still torn between stopping all drugs, her doctor friend told her she needs to get more info from the brain surgeon before she makes the decision to stop altogether.  That's a great idea, but the surgeon never shows up for any appointments just sends the PA in her place. So she can't get any answers.  She did stop getting the infusions, they really make her sick.  It's a terrible decision to have to make.  I see her slipping away with each passing day.  My heart breaks for her and her hubby Rick.  Thanks for the prayers for them.

I had eye lazer surgery on Tuesday to blast away the film that was covering the lens put in during the cataract surgery a couple years ago.  Who knew there would be more eye surgery.  Some people develop a film and of course it would be me...I can see a lot better now.  One more eye to go on the 23.

Stay safe & healthy.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 4:11 pm

Trudy, I think about your friend. Has she considered getting a second opinion from a different surgeon who will give her the attention she deserves?
So sadly, Loretta is just one of many who get sucked into scams like that. Many of the scammers are based in Nigeria, so the odds of getting to any of them is extremely difficult, if not impossible. Older people are their primary targets.

CB, I hope your mouth is getting better and will be healed soon.

Ark, we've had a couple of chilly days, but the next week looks very promising for some really nice days.
It's been chilly enough out on the water that bullhorn boy hasn't appeared. I have no doubt he'll be back with the first hot weekend.

The weekenders will be going home in the next couple of hours, so I might have to take a little ride.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2020 7:58 am

ELLEN:  Karen did speak with a second doctor at Slone Kettering and they told her the procedures her doctor was doing was correct.  No word about not bothering to speak to her though.  Doctors never talk about other doctors bed side manners.  Her doctor did finally call her and told there that the new treatments "may or may not work for you".  She has no answers.  Karen is still torn about what to do.  Heartbreaking decision.

Poor Loretta was so scammed by a "poor Veteran", who took her money & drove her into bankruptcy.  We just couldn't stop her from sending them money and she refused to go to the police.  We did all she would allow us to do to try to help her.  She is at peace now.

CB:  Good luck with your teeth, what a nightmare you are going thru.  There is nothing worse than a nasty dentist that causes pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JUNE 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JUNE 2020   JUNE 2020 Empty

Back to top Go down

JUNE 2020
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next