Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2013....

Go down 
+9
Manygatess
cb
Ol'Man
Graymare
Rick Angell
TallyPam
Ellen E
Indyapp
Ark
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

May 2013.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyFri May 24, 2013 11:50 pm

I didn't see that one, Graymare. Probably a good thing I didn't; I wouldn't be able to sleep. The losses in that tornado were just horrible.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptySat May 25, 2013 1:03 pm

I didn't see it on the news, but am hearing about it .... There seems to be no limit to the devastating effects of our weather. Here, I am wishing it would take a break from raining. We were very dry, but now everything is doing great and I would love the be able to breathe better. LOLOL I can't seem to get a break this year either. Good thing for prednisone, even though I HATE taking it.

Have a happy Memorial Day weekend ... Remember the ones who gave their lives for us.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:31 pm

Plan on rain Sunday!!!!! Biig race in Indy----.

The big for is whether the race moters are Honda or Chevvy???? Who won last yr?

Rolling Eyes

Lots and lots of top drivers-----
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptySat May 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Dario Franchitti, driving a Honda engine, won last year.
If they can get about 2 1/2 hours of rain free time, they'll get the race done. I remember when I was a kid the race took allllll afternoon. Now, at well over 200mph, they can get it done with just a small period of dry weather. IF it doesn't rain, it will be a good day for the fans watching the race - not so many sunburns.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptySun May 26, 2013 9:01 am

OL'MAN
Have fun with the race today!

GRAYMARE
I shudder just thinking about what happened to people and animals during that tornado.....

CAROL
I do hope your weather, and health, improve so you can get back outside with Ice. It has been a strange spring.

Ivan and I went to the local horse show yesterday. We didn't do well with ribbons, but Ivan did fantastic with his attitude and behaviour! He didn't jig or freak or sweat or anything bad for the entire 4 hours we were there. We waded thru many strange horses and he was fine. The only thing that really concerned him was a fancy hackney pony pulling a cart with the driver waving a whip around. Even then he didn't freak, he just sidled away a little. During the three walk/trot classes we did, he did the speed I wanted. All that slow trotting this past year has really has paid off. And speaking of paying off, we won $50 in the last class (a raffle class), and paid for the day!

I was very pleased with Ivan yesterday. He visibly controlled his nerves. I think our goal during our lessons this year will be learning collection.

A good day....
cheers
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:28 am

Ark, Ivan is really turning into the horse you've wanted all along. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptySun May 26, 2013 1:03 pm

SNOOP notes that ARK wrote: " I think our goal during our lessons this year will be learning collection."

You gonna make a Baptist outta him? lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptySun May 26, 2013 4:23 pm

Ol'man, that was a pretty good race, better than most. 68 lead changes and an average speed of 187 miles per hour!
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Down here in south Indy the rain is just now settling in. Maybe next week we will get 4 days for hay----I like an extra day for the horse hay. My cow hay friends cut and rake /bale the next day and say the disc does a good job.

So be it---now that Ark is an 'Ark two tractor' she can go twice as fast not having to re hook up all the time on diff equipment.

Ellen, how did you like the rendition of "back home in indiana" ??? Great, I thought. Boy, that Jim Nabors still has a super voice, plenty good !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:16 pm

RICK
Any denomination will do, says Ivan. He is partial to collecting fifties, though....;-)

ELLEN
Ivan is working hard to be the horse I always wanted! He has been doing a pretty good job of it lately. He still has his opinions on some things, but he has improved tremendously in the past year. Lessons are good!

OL'MAN
I am glad to hear that Jim Nabors is still singing! I haven't seen him in years.
Our new hay implements arrive tomorrow and then we shall see what kind of hay we can make. Surely it won't be any worse than what we have paid so dearly for over the years.

Donnie has been having fun taming his new tractor. He has named it 'Maximus' and the lawn tractor is now called 'Mini Me' since it is a smaller version of the big tractor.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 6:44 am

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Don't forget to fly your flags today.

Winter is back here in PA. BBRRRRRRRR Spring sure has been slow arriving here this year. Last night we covered the garden plants and moved the flowers onto the porch. The weather sure is giving everyone fits around here.

Yesterday we rode in the Montandon Memorial Parade with the Purple Heart Group. It was a lot of fun, after the parade and Memorial Service, there was a BBQ celebration. They had a huge cupcake table with tons of different homemade cupcakes. Wink Heaven to people like me, who have a sweet tooth. YUMMMMM So many choices. Laughing

Saturday we washed the truck (in a wind storm) and decorated it with flags and Purple Hearts. She looked so nice.

Thank a Veteran for their service today, the little "Thank You" makes them feel good.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day.

Love & prayers for all.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:26 pm

God Bless all our soldiers past and present .....

Gloomy here again ... just can't catch a break it seems.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:54 pm

It's sounds rather dorky, but everytime I see someobody in uniform, I look them in the eye and tell them thank you for their service. One of the girls I work with is 23, very pretty, feminine, and is in Air National Guard. She got a little embarrassed when I thanked her for what she is doing. She's been to Iraq. She's been there done that.
One bit of humor was when the manager was training her. Part of the instruction was to be watchful when going to her car at night. She simply told the manager, "I could probably rough 'em up pretty good." And without a doubt, she could, and would then check her make-up and hair.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 5:10 pm

a big thankyou to all our veterans past and present...you are appreciated!

Ellen, yep, she probably could give them what for! They are trained, not just shooting, marching, books, but hand to hand combat also. Jessi got her hubby down one day when they were practicing at the gym...she had him! He cried uncle! HE WAS surprised! I wasn't...my girls could do that when they were growing up without military training, course their DAD was military so he did teach them a few rather good moves! just in case! My girls were muscular and healthy looking, not these scrawny skinny only eat veggies girls of today. Honestly Joeys' girls are like toothpicks! The youngest who is 6 is putting on some muscle power now...Jessi got hold of her before she started growing much! She eats just about everything! and is active and rides great. She idolizes Jessi too which helps.

Ol Man, tell your Grandson, thankyou!

Lazy weekend...Jessi rode Maximus and he did great! There isn't any breaking to this colt..he is so willing. Hubby has been working on the ditch to lay the power line and water line into the camper so it won't short out anymore! whewwwwwww.... affraid that could have been ver scary and dangerous!

live and learn....

have a great weekend y'all. Trudy, hope your weather clears up soon and is nice! Its quite hot here, running the a/c a lot It's only getting down to high 60's at nightime and in the 90's days...I have a tan! rabbit Cool
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:32 pm

We had a Memorial Day picnic here and the little kids carried little flags and marched to Americana songs and we sang the National Anthem......the kids were SO cute. Then we each talked about our sons & daughters that served. Then those present that served spoke.

It was a really nice special day.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:04 pm

Snoop here reporting that psychologists have discovered that the manner in which people eat Oreo cookies provides great insight into their personalities. Choose which method best describes your favorite method of eating Oreos:

1. The whole thing all at once.
2. One bite at a time
3. Slow and methodical nibbles examining the results of each bite afterwards.
4. In little feverous nibbles.
5. Dunked in some liquid (milk, coffee...).
6. Twisted apart, the inside, then the cookie.
7. Twisted apart, the inside, and toss the cookie.
8. Just the cookie, not the inside.
9. I just like to lick them, not eat them.
10.I don't have a favorite way because I don't like Oreos.

Your Personality:

1. The whole thing:
This means you consume life with abandon, you are fun to be with, exciting, carefree with some hint of recklessness. You are totally irresponsible. No one should trust you with his or her children.

2. One bite at a time:
You are lucky to be one of the 5.4 billion other people who eat their Oreos this very same way. Just like them, you lack imagination, but that's okay, not to worry, you're normal.

3. Slow and Methodical:
You follow the rules. You're very tidy and orderly. You're very meticulous in every detail with every thing you do to the point of being anal retentive and irritating to others. Stay out of the fast lane if you're only going to go the speed limit.

4. Feverous Nibbles:
Your boss likes you because you get your work done quickly. You always have a million things to do and never enough time to do them. Mental breakdowns and suicides run in your family. Valium and Ritalin would do you good.

5. Dunked:
Every one likes you because you are always up beat. You like to sugar coat unpleasant experiences and rationalize bad situations into good ones. You are in total denial about the shambles you call a life. You have a propensity towards narcotic addiction.

6. Twisted apart, the inside, and then the cookie:
You have a highly curious nature. You take pleasure in breaking things apart to find out how they work, though not always able to put them back together, so you destroy all the evidence of your activities. You deny your involvement when things go wrong. You are a compulsive liar and exhibit deviant, if not criminal, behavior.

7. Twisted apart, the inside, and then toss the cookie:
You are good at business and take risk that pay off. You take what you want and throw the rest away. You are greedy, selfish, mean, and lack feelings for others. You should be ashamed of yourself. But that's ok, you don't care, you got yours.

8. Just the cookie, not the inside:
You enjoy pain.

9. I just like to lick them, not eat them:
Stay away from small furry animals and seek professional medical help - immediately.

10. I don't have a favorite way, I don't like Oreos:
You probably come from a rich family, and like to wear nice things, and go to upscale restaurants. You are particular and fussy about the things you buy, own, and wear. Things have to be just right. You like to be pampered. You are a prissy
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:28 am

After all the assessments of ways to eat Oreos, I don't think I'll admit to whether or not I like them. Either way, it seems to have major personality faults attached. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:54 am

Well now I have an official diagnosis. I am a Number 6. Better watch out when I am around!....;-)

We are making hay while the sun is shining. I will let you know if we survive. I think they call this WORK.
Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:25 am

Good Luck Ark ..... hard work baling hay .......
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Ark, are you going to find a couple of high school boys to help you handle the bales? Loading and stacking is the hardest part.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 9:42 pm

ACK...under tornado watch until midnight....lets hope and hum our best! Those poor folks in the midlands are in trouble spots again....I'll hum for them also.

Quiet couple of days here at our lil mini ranch...not much going on, hubby is keeping busy tho. He finds things to get into trouble doing all the time! Razz He finished shoeing Rocky this morning...he had done the front, and finished the back feet up. He is working on ditches whenever the urge strikes him....I work on diggng out the cactus...its not rooted very deep and is easy to get up, just don't get into the spines! They hurt!

Am hoping to ride this weekend... tongue
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Prayers for your safety CB aand that no tornados show up...............

God bless, prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:46 pm

thanks GM! The weather station cancelled our watch last night earlier than they had posted...yay...we are having wind and gusts today....shake rattle and roll.... No Rolling Eyes Mad

Hope the tornados are few and far between and no one is harmed!

95 here today and WINDEEEEEEEEE!

I saw the Citibikes today on the weather station..I'm not impressed...but some may like them a lot. i think it would be cheaper to just buy your own bike if you do it for so many months....I don't know....I'd want my OWN! Mine can carry my fat butt just fine! tongue

Have a great last few days of May...wow...days are going fast....
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Hay, hay, hay!
It's going well today. All fields are mowed and Donnie is 'fluffer-upping' the last field as I type. He has already done it twice in the upper fields and baled the little barnlot field last night. We have nine cute little round bales from that. They weigh about what a regular square bale does, around 40 to 50 pounds. The great thing is: I can roll them to where I want them! Then I can tip them end to end to stack them up.

This afternoon we are baling the upper fields and I go into action movng them to the barn. Our little lawn tractor's wagon can cart three bales at a time right into the barn. we are using two ground level stalls for the upper fields and will put the lower field's timothy/clover hay into the loft of the barn. That will be the hardest area to get hay up to...and no, we don't have any young muscle men to help...alas.

The weather is perfect for hay. Donnie seems to be enjoying the process so far.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Way to go, Ark. Wasn't there a younger girl who used to ride with you once in a while? Does she have any male friends who would like to make a few bucks?

CB, I'm sure glad to hear that your place didn't wind up in Kansas.

This afternoon, we've had a few little pop-up storms that last about 5 minutes. No big deal.
Back to top Go down
Ol'Man

Ol'Man

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:45 am

tongue tongue

It is just a light drizzel here. We decided not ,not Razz Razz , to cut and so we will see next week if we make hay Very Happy Cool Cool.

sorry bout all the storms; I am going to just sit and have another cup (coffee) in a spot of mine under the garage door. Virginia has gone for a serius "snooze". We had our morning (review of thigs) , ---after 51 yrs it sure is nice . Two together seem to get a lot more done. Isn't that right CB pirat Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 2013....   May 2013.... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

May 2013....
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next