Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December 2015

Go down 
+7
Rick Angell
Beech
Rose
cb
Ellen E
Graymare
Indyapp
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

December 2015   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 12:07 am

This indian summer has been nice! but its to rain next couple of days...1 to 3 inches....yuck...mud!

Hubby had pt today and his therapist says he is doing great....time and pt will do the trick. me, I am doing chores, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking and driving and cleaning...whew....my legs now hurt! a lil while ago we heard something that sounded like a tree fell or a small explosion....I went and checked on the critters, but didn't see anything....but the doxies were sure barking up a storm.....now they r settled back down. dunno? hate that!

Well dishes r calling my name....and then my bedchair is wanting me to cuddle with it tonight....for a snooze, but I'm awake everytime he gets up...he ain't very quiet! ClappingHands bouncy wavy

Rose hope ya have a nice ride! ark, nice trailer...now both you gals can load up and come visit and ride. the trails here.
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 12:15 am

Yes, I know Ellen, but I am certainly going to enjoy every darn minute while this gorgeous weather is here, you can bet on that!  Allegedly January will be terrible here!  I'm with you on ice long enough to get the trees down, then it can go completely away! CB, that noise and not seeing anything would sure disturb me! You stay alert my friend. SC had all the heavy rain we can stand back in October, we are still recovering. Little rain showers we can deal with, but no downpours please!
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 8:13 am

Just checking in. George is OK, he just has a torn cartilage between his ribs. OUCH but a lot better than breaking any bones. 2 to 3 weeks Doc says and he will be fine, after of course he poked and prodded saying "does it hurt here? How about here?" It sure hurt after Doc was finished. He is moving slowly and taking great care not to sneeze or cough. He drove the truck yesterday, he is tired of me driving him around, says I give him gray hair with my driving. Well right back at ya buddy...LOL Thanks for all your prayers.

CB: Happy to hear that Harry's surgery went well and he is up and moving. What the heck are we going to do with these guys? They keep us busy praying. WOW I can't believe you ran into the girl who stole your check and she ran from you. Hope the police can find her and arrest her and you find out how she knows you and how she got that check.

ARK: What a great horse trailer. It looks exactly like my Collin-Arndt trailer. We loved it. Lots of room for the BIG horses. Congrats.

ELLEN: We have a bat in the attic, he/she lives there for the last 23 years, don't know how it gets it every winter but has found a place to sneak in. I don't bother it since I spend very little time in the attic.

ROSE: Have fun this weekend on you first trail ride together. The weather is going to be great for a trail ride.

BEECH: Sorry to hear you were having so many heath issues. Gosh this getting older ain't for sissies.

Prayers for Tuzee's Mike.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 10:15 am

The golden years....sigh...I think it means we r happy to see each and every sunrise and know we r still among the living. I hum for all those in need and hope everyone recovers quickly and we all can move forward into a healthy happy new year.

I have to go to town and I'm doing it early...good ol wallymart didn't have harrys blood thinners.....had to order them in.....gave him 3 out of 14. dang store! I want to try and miss the xmas shoppers.....so I will feed and go.....

not much happening today....clean house and play with the neglected puppies....and watch tv. I like the hallmark christmas movies.....

Have a great weekend and ride while yas can whether it has 2 or 4 wheels or 4 feet! get out and enjoy the weather cuz we all know the white stuff will come and the cold temps......not happy about it but it will get the grass growing well for spring.

Later taters....
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 4:20 pm

WOW, prayers for Susan & Mike. We knew he had been previously hospitalized and home and thought he was on his way to better health.
Sure hope they have his internal bleeding figured out and stopped. Ellen, send her hugs from me.

BEECH, heavens, hope you are on the mend now. We've been wondering where you are. I hope your dogs are fine and keeping the home fires burning for you. It's hard to lose a great horse. Hope your breathing is better on your new meds. Keep in touch, we miss you.

ROSE, yes I've had Rex now for about 6 mos. He has settled in really well.
He had big shoes to fill after Addy. He's not Addy but God sent us a good fit
and we love him dearly. He loves us and is devoted to us, protecting us and
building the love that only dogs can do for their owners.

RICK, when you & CAROL travel to Nova Scotia you will LOVE it. Summer brings it to life and it is all so gorgeous and fun. They have so many festivals
it is happy everywhere you turn. Take the ferry from Maine and land in Dartmouth.............and, voila, Ms DONNA. And, when driving in Maine, stop
to meet BEECH in her pretty area. Maine is beautiful,too, with many festivals going on in the summer, also.

ROSE & ARK, you girls need to hit the roads in your new trailers. You & ROBIN have a great ride, ROSE. Give us a report. I hope the mares like each other. I'm guessing that will take 4-5 minutes in the trailer together.

CB, glad HARRY is doing well, it all just takes time. Hope you figure out what your mystery critter or night time marauder is.

TRUDY, glad GEORGE is recovering.

Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 4:40 pm

"Send this to your human friends cuz my dog friends don't give a shit."
Love, Rex

December 2015   - Page 3 411984704

Really bad photo on my part but I think it's funny.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 10:54 pm

hysterical What a nice puppy to put up with silliness. That's soooo funny!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 1:20 am

Now here is a story for ya! driving home from getting hubbys pills today and I noticed at a distance a truck coming toward me what looked like billowing smoke around it and as it came closer lights came on and I realized it was a fire truck and I pulled over to theside and Iit stopped about 100 feet right in the lane of traffic, 2 firemen got out to stop traffic both ways and 2 others were using what water they had left to put the burning firetruck out!....the smoke was terrible! and when they got it under control we were allowed to move on.....and I thought I should have gotten pictures dang it!
Now that was a sight to see!

In dollar tree today, I came around an aisle and some 40 something woman was cussing out this 80/90 yr old woman....they each had their own shopping cart but I didn't know if they were related but I thought she was going to hit the older woman, and I got inbetween them and said " I think I'm a bit closer to your age, do you want to try me on for size?" she started in cussing and screaming at us both. it drew a crowd, the cashier called police, and this younger woman asked me "you and who else, you fing biiitch" and four other women stepped up and said "me....me...me...me....and she stomped off and out of the store while we five old women gave each other high fives! seems the older woman bumped her with her shopping cart when she bent over to look at something.......she was shaking and in tears......police took report but that crazy person was long gone. my word......any of you would have done the same....it was like watching a dog get kicked.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......gosh I don't know how many times I've gotten bumped or that I have bumped someone accidently, and no one has gone off like that......I was proud the way things r in our world today and strangers banded together to help someone.....

Well, ill sleep good tonight....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 9:36 am

Honest to goodness, CB. You can't even go to the Dollar Store and back without having an adventure. Good for you, standing up to the adult bully!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Good for all of us, I think we went home feeling good about ourselves.....we made a bit of a difference in someone's life.

And then blap on the way down our dirt road a good sized bird went smack into my windshield and put a tiny crack in it. scared the bejeebers right out of me! I'm not going to town until AFTER the christmas shopping is done!
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 12:20 pm

Good for all of us, I think we went home feeling good about ourselves.....we made a bit of a difference in someone's life.  

And then blap on the way down our dirt road a good sized bird went smack into my windshield and put a tiny crack in it.  scared the bejeebers right out of me!   I'm not going to town until AFTER the christmas shopping is done!
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 2:12 pm

WOW, CB................YAAAAAAY!!! People really are nuts "out there".
AND, glad they got the firetruck on fire (which is rather funny in it's own way)
put out. Hope it wasn't on it's way to a fire.

Rex still won't have anything to do with his Santa hat.......he pouts and tries to get it off. In his pic yesterday he was trying to get to the bow that holds it on.
I will try one more time tonight to get a decent shot. Seriously, he is one happy (mostly) funny boy.

No other news here. Still working on our family room. Slowly.....I work a bit, get tired of it and go to the barn.

Everyone have a good quiet Sunday.......God bless.

Everyone have a good day.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 2:51 pm

I sold the lil runt puppy, he was ready now to go to his new castle with 2 kids on a small farm. I held onto him until his personality broke thru and he sure has a quirky one! if you point at him and say bang he barks and then runs laps! he is 14 weeks old...but he needed extra time before going into the world and he got it.
We stillhave harrys fat boy pup, he is huge.... and hubby wants him...fine with me. so its been a nice morning and now its laundry and xmas movies.....do some xmas cards to mail....a quiet day......

Does everyone have all their shoppin done? I'm not going back out until the after sale...I always go and buy the lotion/soap gift packs and flannel shirts and doggie stockings.....but not doing it before xmas. no no no.....yesterday was enuf.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 3:20 pm

CB
You are a good woman. Thanks for helping that lady at the store! ClappingHands
Wow, a burning fire truck must have been quite a sight! Too bad you didn't get video of that.

It's a busy day and here I sit. ThunderPuff is in the midst of his PowerPuff nap on my lap and I hate to disturb him. He's so sweet when he is sleeping. Sleep I got the barn done this morning before the rain moved in, oversaw the delivery of a huge dump truck full of nice firewood, and have some packages ready to ship to relatives for Christmas. The farrier, who I thought was supposed to come a week ago, is coming today at 3p.m. He is going to get wet and muddy doing our horses.

Our new horse trailer was delivered Saturday! I don't know what we will do with an actual tack room/ sleeping compartment! Now we have to get our truck beefed up and ready to haul it. With the upcoming holidays, that may take a little time.

Our tree is up and still bare of ornaments, but we put lights up on two sides of the house and inflated Santa. Tonight we will work on that tree. I can see the attraction to pre-lit Christmas trees.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:51 am

Ark, me too....or one made out of horse shoes I would like.
Pt today was a bit rough, hubby came home and took a nap andd jessi called him again tonight.....so he was happy! his new walker started having the screws come out, and I had the store bring him a new one, cuz pt tried to screw them back in and they were stripped and wouldn't. Six day old walker.....harrump!

Rose di you ride? pics?

Ack, tis muddy outside, poor horsies....poor me.....

I think I am ready to crash, all is quiet....sweet dreams.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 10:16 pm

We had an eagle in our tree this morning and saw turkeys a lot of turkeys in the pasture.

Harry has 93% mobility out of 120% pt says he's doing really good...ahead of schedule.

I unloaded 6 bags of grain, pellets, tonight...holy crap I'm out of shape or gettin old.....maybe both!

Then I fell asleep eating my dinner in my recliner and woke up startled and threw my plate and lil bowl with salsa at my poor dog.....he was not amused! scared harry too!

My life is being a tired puppy! sweet dreams y'all.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:29 am

CB, I don't think I've ever known anybody who could have an accident sitting in a recliner. hysterical lol! Yes, I really am laughing out loud.
I'm glad to hear that Harry is making a good recovery.

A couple of years ago, we had a pair of eagles around here. They might still be around, but I haven't seen them for a long time. We have a lot of wild turkeys around here, too. In the last two weeks, I've seen two large flocks.

Geese have been gathering here on the lake, some getting ready to migrate. Usually the lake is close to being frozen by this time of year, but it hasn't been cold enough yet. That is coming soon. There is a channel/stream that stays open, so some of the geese don't leave and just gather in that channel, as do the ducks, and swans.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:34 am

CB
I am glad to hear Harry is doing so well! Pace yourself, you can't get sick right now! Congrats on selling the runt!

We have had wonderful weather....well except for the rain yesterday. It was 62° today with sunshine! sunny sunny I have enjoyed being outside cleaning the barn. The farrier showed up yesterday. He did Daisy, Ivan, and Areion's feet. Donnie had already done the ponies. He was a week late, he neglected to tell me he was taking Thanksgiving week off......hmmmm....The ponies and Daisy were a bit gimpy from long toes, we can't neglect them much.

ELLEN
Got your tree decorated yet? Ours is still bare.

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 8:17 am

Morning everyone..

CB: I'm so proud of you for protecting the little old lady. Way to go my redheaded sister. ClappingHands You get a gold star for that one. It's a good thing you don't live around here any longer, you & I would get in so much trouble. Now take it easy while Harry heals, you don't want to be next on the hospital sign in sheet. Yes, I did laugh at you throwing your food, only you can have an adventure while napping in a recliner.

ARK: You will love that trailer and find lots of stuff to fill the dressing room with. It sure makes life easier having a dressing room. We went to a pre-lit tree a couple of years ago. It makes life easier and saves us from having a PTSD meltdown over the tree. George & I had our biggest fight ever over a Christmas tree years ago. It was ugly and then the stupid tree broke the stand and fell over. Shocked I can laugh about it now but then it was not so funny.

George is doing OK, he is still moving like a snail and has pain when he decided not to listen. I patted his ribs yesterday OOPPPSSSS. He has figured out how to get some sleep without laying on them, which is difficult with his sleep apnea machine.

We had 67 degrees the other day. What a winter. Loving it..I saw a dandelion in bloom out in the yard yesterday.

One of the Christmas gifts I mailed is lost in PO hell. It's been sitting in a PO in WI for 5 days, why it is in WI is beyond me. I fear it is history. I have the receipts for the items inside and it's insured for $50.

Have a great day everyone, we are off to our friends house today to have our little gift exchange before the crazy holiday stuff get started next week.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 10:29 am

Hey Trudy, glad u posted, I was wondering how george was doing. harry can sleep in his recliner with cpap on....it may be more comfy for him not to lay for now. I've had some sore ribs gettin dumped from a horse once....hurt to breath deep...t
hey r ouchy....ill bet y'all thought I was gonna say when I got thrown from my recliner...huh! tongue Rolling Eyes

Stickin up for the older lady wasn't hard to do, like I said it was like watching a lil ol dog get kicked....she flinched and shrunk.....and I was just there between them....it was just a reaction and I though later she could have been a real looney......luckily she was only a beatch bully. but I believe she backed down so quickly when she realized the women behind me were also not going to let her do this.....I'm glad they all felt like I did, not on our watch was this going to happen....proves there r good folks out there still.

Well odie forgave me....he had to have a bath tho. it was peach mango salsa and sticky!

Hubby has pt this morning so guess I better get crackin....later taters
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Trudy, good to hear that George is improving. Being able to sleep should help his mood a little bit.

I finished my Christmas shopping this afternoon, but still have a couple of embroidery projects to do. They don't have to be done right away. Maybe tomorrow I'll finally get motivated to get my tree started.

Peach mango salsa? ROFL
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 11:00 am

Raining, raining......No lesson for me today, but Lori is coming tomorrow. Then she is going to Cancun for a week. I could get into that! Donnie is home today, works tomorrow, then is off until the New Year.

Tuesday is trash day here and Donnie scurries it out the door before sun up to beat the garbage guys, who usually come at 7:15am. He grabbed a bag off the counter thinking it was trash and tossed it out with the rest. This week they were early and went by before Donnie got it to the road, so he tossed the trash bag in the back of his truck and put it in the dumpster at work. Then I discovered the missing bag from the counter and asked where it was, it had containers and my travel cup I carry tea to the barn in. It was in the dumpster....sigh....I really liked that cup. Yesterday Donnie carried a ladder to work and went dumpster diving to find my cup! I didn't ask him to. He snagged the bag, dug thru the weekly garbage, and didn't find my cup. He came home smelling a little rank, looked in the cabinet, and found my cup. What can I say, the man loves me.... The cup had made its way from the counter to the high cabinet I never use, so he must have stuck it there. Hopefully they won't notice him on a security video....

TRUDY
I got one of those big reading pillows to sit up in bed with when I couldn't lie flat to sleep. It really helped. Wal-Mart has them. Did you get your cookies done for Christmas?

ELLEN
No lights on your tree yet? You don't have much time left to hang 3500 lights! affraid Our tree is still standing bare, too. It's tempting to go 'all natural' and leave it that way Laughing .We are mailing our packages today, finally. I hope UPS is in good form....

Still raining. I guess the horses would like to eat anyway....
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:46 pm

Donnie actually went dumpster diving for you?! hysterical You better make him something wonderful for dinner.

I got all my shopping done yesterday, so today is tree day. I'm contemplating trying find a quicker way to put on all the lights instead of wrapping each and every little twig on each and every branch. That's the part that takes 2 or 3 days. Putting on the ornaments is only a couple of hours.

This evening is Little Miss Scarlett's first Christmas program at her preschool. Her mommy invited me to go, so I'll be there, camera in hand. This should be a riot. Fourteen 4 year olds.

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:50 pm

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! About 30 three, four, and five year olds, acting out the Christmas story while the Pastor read it. Then singing and reciting of simple poems. Why is it that the kid who can carry a tune the least is the loudest? hysterical
Scarlett was on her very best behavior. I wasn't able to get any really good pictures because I was in the wrong location. The assistant pastor asked that nobody post photos that had any other children in the picture, and I couldn't get any without other children.
They were very well rehearsed and there were no major catastrophes. It was about 30 minutes of fun for all the parents, grandparents, and friends - enough of those that the pastor would be glad to see that many in the pews on any given Sunday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 10:43 pm

THE VAMPIRES GOT My BLUUUUUUD!

All I want to do is sleep now.....I was so relaxed by time I got there, but they still had problems.....but I took my heating 0pad plugged it in and wrapped my arm up and five minutes later....success. xanax is good stuff.....I had to get this bloodwork done as I am having some probs with kidneys.......ahhhh the golden years.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Omgosh...I just read on facebook that rose got thrown from her horse and is in a bad way........many broken bones....if anyone hears anything please post......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December 2015    December 2015   - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

December 2015
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next