Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

June 2012...Summer time!

Go down 
+10
silverdancer
Carol W
Manygatess
cb
BarTGila
sunny 57
Ellen E
Rick Angell
Eileen
Ark
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
cb

June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:11 pm

Carol, I need to justify Maggie being used for something...I really can't afford a pasture pet cuz we dry lot...I would love to but just can't. I like her personality with people but she is a witch toward other horses. Getting another mule baby would have been a good idea then we would each have one to work with and show and ride...but I thought I may get one already ridable for me so we could go and do some of the local shows now and we could share the ridableone until Missy Muleytude is big enuf to ride. But if we could get a baby out of her every year and sell it, it would constitute "business" going along with the puppies on my taxes. We have to show "business like practices" so no we probably won't get rich off of selling the babies in this horse market now...hoping it changes now they opened the meat packers back up. Prices here have gone up on good broke horses, but there is still free horses on Craigslist...I am still thihking on it...the vet says its possible it can be passed on, but nothing written in stone says its going to be. I guess we would know with the first offspring ...actually I've seen her first baby, almost bought it...and it wasn't piggy eyed. She was bred to a TWH stud. She is half walker and half appy.

TRUDY, you and George have fun in the parade! and don't let them talk you into full time! There has to be someon out there looking for a full time job to support a family with and make a career on. Hope George's shoulder feels better soon! and of course will send big HUMS Ann/sam's way. I read on FB she was having surgery just didn't know what had happened.

ARK, hope you are feeling better?

INDYAPP, how are you doing?

OL MAN, good seeing you post! come and tell us more of your jokes and whats going on with you and lovely wife!

Rick, safe travels! If you get near Bloomsburg PA Sept 22 thru 29 there is a big state fair that is worth taking in! I use to love that fair when I was younger!
So much fun! I would work all day in a food stand booth and then run around at the fair with friends just doing kid stuff! Those were the days!

Well, here's hoping COLO gets rain or my dance will have been for nothing except scaring the animals! but the weather was really nice and refreshing out there last night...kind of kissed the skin...beautiful night...

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:04 am

CB:
My ribs are feeling much better today. Advil is still my friend, but I can tell it is getting better. I got on Ivan, bareback, this evening for a few minutes to see if I could stand to ride. Walking was fine, but when I asked for a trot, my rib objected a bit. I think with a saddle it would have been much easier. Ivan was so nice, he only had a halter with reins on and did everything I asked, even trotting slowly. Nice guy!

TRUDY:
Ask for a HUGE raise Laughing . That should stop them asking you to work longer hours....or you will get paid better and won't mind it quite so much!

Any news about Sam/ANN today? (((((ANN))))))

Donnie finished trimming Areion's feet this evening and is actually caught up on horse feet for a couple of weeks! He got a little behind and Areion was the last one done. She got a mini-round pen lesson before her trim and has improved her inside turns tremendously since her last lesson! She did every one perfectly in both directions. She had a hard time learning to do inside turns in one direction, but seems to have thought it over and now can do it. Time to move on to the next step in her training. We'll make a riding horse of her yet. Very Happy

Hot here today and going to be hotter tomorrow and Saturday. "They" say it will be 95 here on Saturday. affraid The humidity came back today and just walking outside was enough to raise a sweat. tongue
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:29 pm

I have my swamp cooler on, but I'm still working up a sweat housecleaning....sweatin' some lard off my butt I hope! I have a lady, a repeat customer, coming to see my doxie pups tomorrow...she likes the white one, who is the smallest and most ferocious! She's cute! It's the one i was really worried about when the 3 were just born...she is still small, but cute cute cute! These pups are out of a different line than she bought before so she is anxious to come tomorrow and see...so guess I need to get back at it...too hot to move real fast!

Whats everyones plans for the holiday weekend? I'm just staying home and playing watchdog for travelers on my ditch bank. Hubby won't be home until Monday anyway.
Then he'll have a nice break and maybe get some things done being off for 3 days! YESSSSSSSS!

Rick, how ya doin? INDYAPP, how are you feeling? ARK, can you breathe ok now? Trudy, have fun at the parade.
Everyone else have a great safe weekend.
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:40 pm

ARK: I saw you outside when I went blasting by. I "logged" 684 miles that day out of 730 some actually driven. Went from just east of Nashville, TN to Avondale, PA. I "tried" to stop in Md. at rest area/travel center, but there was NO Truck parking available...all full, so I didn't really have a choice but to press on another hour to my destination. I "logged" as stopping at the rest area/ travel plaza. Total mileage this week was 2342 miles. I do NOT miss trucking, but this will be OK for a few weeks till boss can get another driver. Tim...the driver that got sick...will be back on the job next week. In fact, he went to Darlington, SC today to get loaded (for me to pull) for another PA. run, while I loaded near Raleigh, NC for him to pull to Ohio.

Got in the house about 4:30 this afternoon...and my laundry is already done. I leave out on Sunday...will be home Tuesday evening (hopefully)...don't have a clue about the end of the week yet.

Love to all...Rick and a saddle sore SNOOP
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:07 pm

RICK:
I don't know if this will reach your area,but we just got hit by tremendous winds that has knocked out power all over here. It hit suddenly just at sunset. Trees are down every where. We are sitting in the dark and I am on my Kindle

It looked like a microburst with hurricane force winds making little tornado like dust and sand storms in our barnlot. I hope all the horses' eyes are ok. My eyes feel scratchy from it.

This came out of the north, so watch out, RICK!

ARK in the dark....
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:34 am

WOW ARK! Glad you and horses are alright. Hopeyour power comes on soon, I hate sitting in the dark! Wash your eyes out gently with something....get that grit out.

Rick, nice miles! Hubby does 600 miles a night...but he gets paid hourly on this job.

Got most of the cleaning done, floors are newly swept and mopped! hate that job, its the only thing I don't like about having floor tiles, but much easier to keep clean with all the puppy feet tracking everywhere! Now off to clean my bathroom...I did weed eating abd watered everyone ....it was hot today, so everyone got cold fresh water...which I try to do everyday. Puppies are outside in the big puppy playpen...they seem to like it out there...but can't leave them out after dark...or the hottesst part of the day...they are just too little.

I guess I'd better get the lil bitties in as its 9:30 and starting to get a bit darker out there now...

ARK, hope no one was hurt in the storm...and everyone lets do a rain dance every night for rain for every wildfire burning and sunshine to dry up the floods...we can dance for both. I've been doing naked rain dances every night at 10 for last 2 nights....hope it works!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:30 am

No power here. Huge tree on our fence line in same spot as the one last year. Horses are all okay. Donnie's favorite radio antenna is bent in half. Trees are down all over the roads and the volunteer fire departments are out chainsawing them to clear the roads. Walmart in Dublin is without power and wouldnt sell us ice. McDonalds next door has power and sold us ice. Walmart will have bags of water to sell soon.

Donnie ran out during the wind storm in his house shoes and slipped out of one shoe. It flew away, never to be seen again...

We are hooking up our generator today.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Freaky storm and hard hitting also. I heard on the news they think there are 7 deaths and 20 some injured from it...it hit several states....and now with the heat wave and no power they are worried there may be more deaths becuz of it....

Glad you guys are alright! Donnie shouldhn't have run out in that crap...slap him with a wet noodle for me ok!
Glad it was just his shoe he lost! Dang....
Good you have a generator. That will help.

I want one of those portable spas they are selling on QVC..for 954.00....totally portable, plugs into 110...fits 6 people....I can dream....

Very humid here today...whew....hot and humid, not a good combo...but I got my outside chores done and horses already watered, but I'll go out this afternoon and cool it down for them and the dogs too, altho most of them have a big water tub inside where it stays cool...and a good thing as when its hot those doxies go lay in their water tubs...I took an old roaster, the electric one...that broke, and used both the inside and the outside of it for their lil swimming pools they love it...and even Buffy stands two feet in one and two feet in the other to cool off! Time to hook up the fan in the outside dog pen for Bubba and Splotch..they have lots of shade, but we hook up a fan at the top of their dog room and let it blow on them..keeps them cool and keeps the flies at bay also....they love it. I spoil them a bit...but they are worth it.

Well, I have this huge box of papers etc...I don't know what all is in it...but I need to go thru it...UGH, but since I can't do much outside, good day to do it I guess.
Anyone going anywhere this weekend? Where is everyone//
ELLEN, how is the job goin? Beech, where are you? Indy, how ya feeling? Trudy, what did you decide on the PO? How is Georges' shoulder? ROSE, how ya doing? Nancy Lee and Donna, and PAM L and Pam C we need to hear from y'all...we miss you....OL MAN how's your weather?
Rick are you home for the weekend?

Sunny, are you guys drying out yet? How hi is your humidity?

COME ON EVERYONE....let us know whats going on with ya's
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:32 pm

That's scary ARK...we never had a wimper to my knowledge.

Got my yard mowing done in record time today before it got too hot. Think I'll "cool my heels" for awhile.

Love to all...RICK
Back to top Go down
Rick Angell

Rick Angell

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:40 pm

ARK: Would you be so kind as to "send" me a copy of my old avatar photo...the one with the pickup made in your driveway.??

Thanks...Rick

CB: Home for the weekend...leaving out Sunday afternoon to get a "head start" on next week's work. If you were "here" instead of "there"...my boss would be glad to talk to your hubby about driving for him. He's got to find somebody to take MY PLACE!! .... Home every weekend and occasionally through the week also.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi folks,

Scary weather everywhere, huh? We had a flash storm roar thru yesterday. Rain came down in buckets for a very short time. Lots of tree limbs came down too. Didn't get enough rain to do any good.

I'm still sore, thanks for asking. I still don't dare cough or sneeze, and I'm no where close to getting back on a horse right now, but at least I can stand mostly upright. ClappingHands Oh, well, too darn hot to ride right now anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:38 pm

ARK: WOW girl, you guys sure got hit with some wicked weather. That'll teach Donnie to run outside during a storm. His shoe is probably in the next county by now. LOL People are probably looking for a guy with one shoe. HAHAHAHA Thank God for generators...

George made the mistake of asking for this huge salary at a job and that's how we ended up in Calais Maine, across the river from St Steven, Canada. That was a good lesson, Be careful what you ask for, they just might agree then you are doomed. That's why I'm not asking for any salary increase, they would probably do it to keep me at the PO. They keep offering me different positions, I keep saying "no" but they are not listening.

CB: The parade was wonderful (or so George told me). I had to work and couldn't ride in the truck with the Purple Heart guys anyway, so I went to work. Can't take the heat and today it is 95 degrees and sweltering. Not a day for me to be outside in the sun.
You are right about the job. Give the job to a younger person who needs a full time job. I'm happy just with my little part time duties.

No news on Ann/Sam yet. I've been watching my email closely. I'm sure she is still in the hospital and unable to get to her computer. I'll let you guys know how she is doing as soon as I hear anything.

Have a great weekend everyone. Stay cool and stay safe.

Love & prayers to all...
Back to top Go down
sunny 57

sunny 57

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:58 pm

we are drying out from Debbie but is is very humid out there normal temps but humid well guys I am having to give up my computer I have held on to it as long as I could but can't afford it any more, I can still keep in touch through facebook as it is on my phone and with my phone can do almost everything that I could do on my computer but have to learn how to Clara said she would keep me up on what is going on with all of you so one way or another I will keep in touch, I am going to miss all of you as things are going to be unsettled for awhile not sure how long we will be here but will fight to the end , thamk you for being such good friends and hope to be back in a short time I will be back
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:45 pm

It's been an interesting couple of days, to say the least.
Yesterday, the same storm that Indy was talking about hit here too. 70 mph winds, blowing right in across the lake creating white caps, then flattening them because it was blowing so hard. All the trees are so dry and brittle that many of them broke off high up in the tree. There were many many trees down, taking power lines with them. The electricity went off about 2:20 Friday afternoon, right after my cousin finished setting up their camper.
So we spent the next 22 hours making do. We are all lifelong campers, so we know how to survive. The camper has battery power, and I have candles, so we did fine.
Some people had generators, so we had to listen to those all night. Fortunately, it wasn't too hot through the night, so we were comfortable enough.
About 12:20 today, the power finally came back on, and you could hear the cheers from up and down the shoreline.
Today was spent, waiting for the power to return, and then swimming, cutting down a couple of trees that would never amount to anything, and generally relaxing.
The pizza will be delivered within minutes. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Carol W

Carol W

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Prayers, major hugs, and positive thoughts headed your way Sunny!!!!! We can't fix it, but please know that we CARE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:20 pm

SUNNY
Bookmark the "Basket" or "Log in" page from here to your phone or on your Facebook page. If you can get to Facebook you might be able to get here from your phone. Or open a Gmail account (free) and send yourself an email with our info, then visit us while at the library by clicking on the link in the email. We don't want to lose you!!!

ELLEN
Weird storm. My sister in N.KY got it at 5:30 pm and it hit here 3 hours later. It looks like a hurricane went thru here. They won't say when the power will be restored but say it might take a week. It is 99 degrees here today. Sweat City.

RICK
I will send your avatar as soon as our power is on. Won't be a problem then. Until we have power I won't be able to change the month thread either. June may last a few more days....

TRUDY
You have a point. Make it an extra huge outragious raise! LOL

INDYAPP
I feel your pain. Truly. I think my rib is at least cracked. It is worse now than a couple of days ago. I may have hurt it more by working at the barn. Donnie is off most of this week and will help me. Take care!!

Back to top Go down
Eileen

Eileen

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Hey all..I have not been on here for a while, a few days ago I wrote a long wordy post and it would not post.and so I got in a pout and now am back with my composure.
I heard about the storm that blew most of the land east of the MIssissippi further east yet..the destruction, and deaths, millions they say out of power and will be for weeks...in this heat...prayers and thouht to all involved in this storm.
Rick, keep on truckin guy, this too will pass
Dawn, so sorry to hear that times are still tough hope that you can see a light at the end of a tunnel soon. I will try and give you a call when I get down close to you in Fl this fall...you do have the same # don't you? If it has changed you can send me and e-mail to give me the new one.
Ark, sorry that you are left in the dark too...we really do not know how much we depend on the modern conveniences till they are taken away for a length of time...hang in there girl.
Ellen, it sounds like you do not live all that far away from me as far as weather petterns goes...I live just north of Lake Erie about and hour+ east of the Windsor/Detroit crossing. As luck would have it we did not get even so much as a wind storm or rain when your storm hit, it must have followed the contour of the lake...hope all is well with you in the aftermath.
I must close as I am not even sure it this will post, I already lost some and had to retype...geeesh the fun of computers is more that entertaining at time.s
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Kicked me off again, I had to log back in, is anyone having any problems with this? It's usually always toward the end of the mont it seems...hmmmmmm

RICK, nope, hubby is retiring in september and we are moving to Texas in October...he may work part time, but he can only make so much each month, so it will be only part time...maybe none at all...we are going to raise goats! If we do cattle, goats or sheep our taxes will be figured on agricultural business and lower them from 948 a year to 15 dollars a year...I'l feed a few goats for that savings. Horses do NOT count or dogs....but I will raise a litter or two a year for awhile anyway. When I have the females I have spayed after so many litters, that will be it, no more young un's....just let the gang live out their years on the farm.

I hope everyone on here remains safe and survives the heat wave also without power...I don't want to thnk about not having my swamp cooler on these hot days...I don't know how people are surviving.

Stay safe and cool everyo

ne, we are in for a HOT week here...high 90's and 102

one day....whewwwwwww...
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:18 am

We got back from our trip to pick up my youngest sister, Annie, and discovered we have POWER!!! wavy bouncy bouncy :dance:

Time to change the thread. Go to the Basket and click on July 2012. June is now closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June 2012...Summer time!   June 2012...Summer time! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

June 2012...Summer time!
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7