Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

APRIL 2019

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Graymare

APRIL 2019 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 5:33 pm

Oh boy, CB, maybe next week. It's still before the heat. Just hope Harry is OK.

So glad for you TRUDY that everything is working out for you with the damage you occurred.
Are your friends getting cleaned up?

Nothing new here. Shoer here for trims this morning. Then on to Mickey D's for the blah blahs.
They were all late........LOL so while I was waiting I talked with an old man that was
really funny. He left when the gals arrived and I got razzed for talking with him. So, I was the fodder for the day.

God bless. Prayers for ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 8:44 am

TRUDY:
Yep, you do have a good insurance guy. I am glad you are able to get things put to order so quickly!

CB:
Sorry about Harry's allergies. I thought the desert was supposed to be a more allergy-free area. The pollen here this year is tremendous, lots of folks with allergies are having problems. I hope Harry feels better quickly!

GRAYMARE:
The Hardees here is the local hangout for the geezer set. They have a big round table that is full of retired guys who meet every day for an hour or two. I never see woman gathering there, I am not sure where their hangout is. Maybe McDonalds... I think it is nice they have a gathering spot.

ELLEN:
My tulips have bloomed and are fading. The dogwoods and redbuds are in full bloom and look so pretty. Spring is my favorite time of year. We have had wonderful weather, other than an occasional stormy day. Tomorrow will be one of those.

My social life is mostly going to medical offices these days. Yesterday, Donnie and I had our yearly physicals. I think we'll live a while longer. All my main medical guys are named Chris. The PT guy, the bone doctor and our regular family doctor are all named that. All cute as buttons, too! Laughing

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 7:42 am

Contractor and insurance guy showed up yesterday.  Of course, they disagree on what should be done with the garage roof.  We are believing the contractor and having the entire roof redone.  We had planned on doing that no matter what the insurance guy said.  We did find a little more damage, all the screens in the front of the house have tiny hail holes in them and the TV antenna is laying on the roof.  Just tiny inconveniences.  Life goes on.

I managed to get a stupid head cold.  Must have got it from that cashier at Walmart who was hacking all over my stuff.  Why do people who are sick go to work with the public and spread their germs everywhere? I went to the doctor yesterday and she said 7 to 10 days and you'll be feeling better. I hope she is right and it doesn't morph into anything else. This is day 4.

Off to church this morning to work out a plan to help my little older lady friend who was scammed.  The church is going to give her $1,000 but they don't want to give her cash they would rather pay it directly on her bills.  Whatever...I'm just glad they are reaching out to help her. I would move the meeting but the pastor who wants to help her is leaving the church next week and it's now or never. I won't breathe on him or anyone else. Unless someone I don't like shows up at the meeting. ROFL

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 11:33 am

Graymare, here's another use for your Instant Pot. Poached eggs. I read an article on Pioneer Woman's website about how to do it.
About a cup of water in the bottom of the pot. Egg in a glass ramekin, or silicone cup. Put them on the rack in the pot. Set for high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release at the end of the 3 minutes. Take them out and put them on the toast.
My toaster is slow, so I started the toast when the eggs came up to pressure.
I am definitely not the world's best cook, and I've never had great success with poached eggs. Dropping into the boiling water doesn't work for me. The microwave works marginally. This WORKED.

Trudy, I hope you start feeling better SOON. A cold is the worst. I have been very lucky and haven't had one for a long long time. A couple of times, I thought I was getting one, but started taking Zi-Cam right away and managed to avoid the cold.
I'm also glad all of you are trying to help the lady who was scammed. I really hope they will find a way to stop the scammers; there are so many of them. They are working on stopping robo calls, but I'm still getting them. I have a list of over 50 numbers I have blocked. Of course, that doesn't matter to the scammers since they just create another number.

Ark, at least you don't have to worry about calling one of your doctors by the wrong name. Laughing
It rained on and off all night, but I am beginning to see small patches of blue sky through the clouds.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 11:57 am

Scammers need to be caught and serve time. I abhor them.
Funniest one we had was when we had our land for sale in tx and they would send domeine to pick it up! 11 acres.....id like to see them pick it up....grrrrrr. Ive been interested in things to buy and they will ship item to you in 5 days but pay first. Always a family member died so they are selling....a camper with a five speed transmission...not a motorhome type a regular travel trailer......some of the ads ya can pick right up on.
Sorry the lady got taken. Its awful to lose money that way.

We are headed out today...its getting hot here....and i just put a bid on buying six starved horses in idaho. Dont know if the owner will sell...but she just may when the state vet pays her a visit to avoid fines and charges. She shouldnt own animals. Make a nice summer project for me....and definately be good for the horses to have a good diet and be fussed over by an old lady that cares. We will see.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Hope you get the horses CB...........if that fails, just advertise you have a horse rescue. I would
guess you would get a lot of horses that way..........get a bunch of volunteers, get a 501 C3 and
get donations to support the horses...........the other thing would be you would probably have to
stay there....................but, you could leave someone in charge for the winter. It just might work.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 5:46 pm

Ive thought about horse rescue...nut im getting to old.
Jaemi...middle daughter and her partner are moving into half the house full time. We...hubby and i will go to az for the winters as long as we can do it. We are trying a different rv park near salome. We stayed there last night. We checked out 3 others i had on my list...but this one has a wood working shop...metal shop...and rockhound shop...lots of atv trails...so we will try it out this winter...if we like it the heavy rv will stay parked year round. Id love to get a small..light camper i feel comfy pulling for shorter trips thru the summer.
State vet is chevking on horses today....we will know something soon. There is a state horse rescue that said they would take them.....i just want them to get some blissfully full bellies...good food...fresh water....vet and farrier care poor horses. They know to bring them back slowly for awhile...jaemi has talked with them.
It makes me want to chew spikes and spit nails at that abuser. Gads.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 3:46 pm

The first three goslings swam by this morning.  I'm expecting to start seeing more Canada goose babies, and mallard babies.  Lately, I've seen a few of the drakes around, but no hens.  So I guess they are busy staying home and tending the eggs.  
Mama Squirrel is still out and about, so I guess she hasn't had her babies yet.  I put some extra crackers and bread crusts, and occasionally some pecans on the deck for her.  The birds are in favor of that too.

Several hours later: Neighbor Pirkko fell and broke her hip today. It's her right one, the side that was affected by the stroke. She'll have surgery tomorrow morning.
This is not good.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 12:44 am

Prayers for Pirrko, Ellen...........

hug hug hug
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 9:26 am

Thanks, Graymare. She and Ron are both going to need a lot of prayers.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 9:52 am

Hope all goes well with the surgery. Sometimes it feels like a person cant catch a break....poor lady.

We are at the grand canyon...have never been....so our friends said lets go and we thought...lets go!
We take the train to the south rim and then a tour and vack on the train. We have been to royal gorge which is beautiful.

Will tell yas all about it.....if i survive....lol heights really bother me.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 2:17 pm

Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day - many many days from now. We are approaching flood stage. The docks aren't floating yet, but it won't be long. We have at least two more days of rain before we get a small break.
I haven't heard anything new about Pirkko yet today. It turned out that she did not have surgery yesterday, but was supposed to have it this morning.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Oh boy, hope your rain slows ELLEN.

I'm inside this afternoon as it's nice out, but direct sun is too bright for me. So, I'm gearing up
for the Derby. Ocean's Beach is the favorite. Bobby Baffert has 3 contending but Ocean's Beach is
not one of them. So, some excitement there. I don't know any of the Oaks contender either.
Hey, it's a big scramble..........
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 6:53 pm

OK, for me it's the favored Bellafina in the OAKS..............she's a big pretty bay, in post position 4.
So, it's all a go in my mind...........we'll see Saturday.

One thing about the races, every owner hope he/she will win......that's the excitement to me.
I just want safety and a good run in all races.............
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 EmptyWed May 01, 2019 10:35 am

Poor Pirkko.  Not good news.  How is she doing today?  Did she have her surgery?
Big hugs for Pirkko ...
hug

I haven't seen any info on the KY Derby horses yet.  If it rains here on Saturday, I'll be indoors and probably get to watch it.  I usually get busy outside and forget it's on.  I hope it is a safe race, too.

CB:
 How did you like the Grand Canyon?

Time to change the calendar. Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t92-may-2019#11682 or to Basket and click on May 2019.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APRIL 2019   APRIL 2019 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

APRIL 2019
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4