Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February 2021

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin
Ark

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 12:27 pm

February 2021

February 2021 16406910

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Ark
Admin
Ark

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 12:33 pm

TRUDY:
 Go over and whack that groundhog today!!  hysterical

Welcome to February!

February 2021 Daisya10

Daisy and Areion watching kids sliding down the hill across the road yesterday.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 1:04 pm

Great picture, ARK......................where did they go?

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 2:22 pm

I did the DNA thing a couple of years ago and found out I have a half brother I never knew about. Come to find out my dad had some kind of illness when he was young and he thought he was sterile. The resulting baby was put up for adoption with him denying being the father because the doctors at the time said he wouldn't be able to have children because of his earlier illness. Years later he marries my mother and years after that she comes up pregnant with my brother and discovered the doctors were wrong. Then I came along 3 years later. So I now have a half brother 13 years older than I am. My father passed away before all of this was discovered. I still don't know how I feel about having another "brother".

We got snow Saturday night. I can live with it. It waited until January 31 to get any measurable snow. Much better than getting it in October. Spring will be here before we know it. I've got a funny story to tell on myself. There is a 88 year old lady who lives a few houses down the street. Not too far to walk down to visit, but not close enough that you can see her house from mine either. When I came home from a quick trip Sunday morning I saw that no one had plowed her driveway. So I filled up my snow blower with gas and walked it down to her house and plowed her out. I have a pretty good size snow blower that has a drive train so I don't push it, I squeeze the handle and it goes. It's pretty heavy. I get her drive way done and turn it off and go in and visit with her a bit. Start it back up and get down her drive way and across the front of her yard and the darn thing runs out of gas. I'm too far from home to just leave it and bring back some gas because if I do, someone is going to see this nice snow blower sitting by the side of the road and stop and pick it up. I end up pushing that darn thing the rest of the way home. I had to stop like 4 or 5 times to catch my breath. I got plenty of exercise yesterday.ROFL

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 3:36 pm

ARK: Love that picture. I'm afraid it's toooooooo late...the snow arrived yesterday, we have about 12 inches so far. You know Phil will see his shadow tomorrow. He almost always does. Just another way to torture us PA people.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 4:16 pm

GRAYMARE:
Where did the kids go? They were sledding on the hillside across the road from us. Pretty far away, but those eagle-eyed horses don't miss much.

INDYAPP:
Well, no good deed goes unpunished! ROFL It was very nice of you to plow her driveway, and then when you got home, you could eat a box of cookies to make up for the exercise!
I just spent 2 1/2 hours at hard labor cleaning the barn that didn't get touched yesterday due to the snow. Donnie was busy trying to get our snowblower going, so missed all my fun in the barn. My 'smart' watch, which keeps track of everything from my heartbeat to my GPS location, says I exercised 6 minutes. I am beginning to wonder just how smart that watch is. Rolling Eyes He doesn't keep track of how many cookies I eat after all that 6 minutes of exercise.... Donnie got the snowblower working just in time for the last load of the wheelbarrow. Good timing on his part.Rolling Eyes

TRUDY:
I hope Phil is unable to get out of his hole due to the snow cover. I am soooo ready for spring!

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 9:36 pm

Ark, that's a great cartoon. ROFL

Indy, that was nice of your to clear your neighbor's driveway. Just think of all the exercise you got pushing the thing home.

I just came home from next door to eat pizza to celebrate a birthday. While I was there, Travis came with the big snow blower and cleared my driveway. He LOVES to do that, and grins the whole time. I had a much easier trip back into the house than when I left.
Right now, I hear the sound of a happy guy on his snowmobile. He'll be zipping down the street to the public easement and then out onto the lake.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 6:08 pm

Today a client of mine brought me a day at a glance calendar with pictures of horses and inspirational quotes. I saved January 20th. The quote is "With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later." Rick Riordan. I don't know who Rick Riordan is, but I love his thought process!!

ARK, I would have loved to have had your watch on Sunday to see my heart rate as I pushed that snow blower home.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 11:35 pm

INDYAPP
I don't know who Rick Riordan is either, but I like him! ClappingHands

The watch does keep track of heart rate. It was actually why Donnie wanted for me to have it. I have had aFib episodes off and on since my illness several years ago. Not often, but enough to be concerning. Of course, I haven't had one since I got the watch! Might be a lucky charm.... Very Happy So I check my heart rate after exercising or walking up the hill. It's interesting.

ELLEN:
I bet Travis is a happy guy after not having much snow and ice last year. I am the opposite, I am happy not to have snow or ice. We have enough right now, but wow, the folks north of us have unbelievable amounts!! I have had to deal with 2 foot snow falls a few times, it wasn't fun. Having three feet, or more, isn't something I can contemplate. affraid

This is the time of year that Florida calls to me. Not going to happen, but dreams of warmer winters occur just about every year during this time. A little place to keep our horses for a couple of months...... Cool ...My dad lived in Florida and we would visit once or twice a year. He's been gone for 10 years now and we haven't been back. If this pandemic is ever over, I'd like to go back for a visit and sit on a veranda in the shade and look at the ocean...

It is so cold and windy tonight. The horses are back in their blankets. They were very happy to have them put on, no one even moved a muscle while I put them on. No halters or ropes, just freezing cold wind.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 12:40 am

Three of my neighbor couples are in warm places now. One sent me a picture of the palm trees on the beach where they are.
When the sun shines, like today, it's not so bad. Indy's perma-gloom is what makes me want to migrate with the birds.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm

This was a boring lovely day..............our part of the year that is beautiful.

I blabbered on the phone to missed friends most of the day.............thank God for good friends. Razz

Daughter's birthday is tomorrow........yummy. Very Happy

No other news............

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm

This was a boring lovely day..............our part of the year that is beautiful.

I blabbered on the phone to missed friends most of the day.............thank God for good friends. Razz

Daughter's birthday is tomorrow........yummy. Very Happy

No other news............

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 8:40 am

Our lovely snow is still hanging around.  It's 24 this morning with NO wind.  What a blessing NO wind is.Today I'm going to venture out to the store for a few things for us and our 83 year old neighbor.  The mailman showed up yesterday (finally) and so did the Schawn's driver & the trash guy so I think I can get to the main road.  

My friends who live in FL sent me some lovely sunshine photos and a invitation to come on down.  I sent them some snow pictures and said "wish you were here".  They are originally from PA..

Our son in law Joel's 52 year old sister was found dead in her house on Tuesday.  No cause of death yet.  She lives alone and had caused so many problems with the family all of the siblings were estranged from her except Danny (who found her).  What a nightmare.

Hang in there everyone.  Keep thinking SPRING is coming... 

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Graymare, eat lots of birthday cake. Smile

We are supposed to get rain and freezing rain later this afternoon. yippee skippee

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2021 3:53 pm

GRAYMARE:
Happy birthday to your daughter! :dance:

INDYAPP:
So did you ever contact your new half brother? Does he know he has other siblings? What a strange situation to be in for him and you.

ELLEN:
If I were the jealous type, I would be jealous of your neighbors spending their winter in Florida.... alien

TRUDY:
I totally agree about the wind. It was windy for days and so cold. Today it is calm and 46 degrees!! wavy I almost feel like I am in Florida. Very Happy Unfortunately, the snow is hanging on except on pathways Donnie made with the snowblower, and those are now slick mud. ewwww..... I hope my now clean looking horses will not roll in the muddy parts of the field. Their blankets knocked all their dirt off apparently. They are out of their blankets and digging thru the snow for grass right now.

The weather guys changed our forecast for Sunday! It was going to be in the single digits, now it is going to 44 degrees. They must have heard my threats.... Very Happy

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: KM Amazing San Peppy (Chetah)   February 2021 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 2:56 am

Sorry to be so late posting about Chetah!!!!  He is truly my dream horse, has a really comfy slow jog that is a total pleasure and finally I have a horse who lopes.
I know that really probably sounds weird to most but being purely a western rider I highly value gaits that I can sit and rein with one hand and Chetah does it all!!!!

Chetah loves to play with anything and everything, so I got him a 40" jolly ball, he truly loved it (note I said "loved" past tense)  evidently he loved too much and earlier this week the ball somehow escaped the pasture fence on one of our wicked windy nights the ball ran away!  I can almost see who helped it over the fence.  He now has my old balance ball (same size) until his new ball gets here.  Chetah loves for you to throw or kick the ball towards him and he will push it with his nose back to you.  We even asked on FB if anyone had seen the escaped big green ball, no response of course.

I don't have any riding pictures of me and Chetah yet because Robin has been working so hard.  No time for us to get to Lee State Park for the trails.  We've only been riding in the arena and around the farm.  Soon we'll get some pics to share.  Got to tell ya'll what my sweet daughter got me for Christmas!  A Troxel helmet with a cowboy hat brim attached.............I absolutely love it!!!!  So darn cute.  And that sweet child also gave me her Tucker Gen II saddle!  Wow, having always heard how great that Tuckers were I can now affirm it.  And it fits my boy very well!  Today we just bonded some more with brushing, grooming and cleaning feet and me learning about the wonders of the rope halter and how to tie a quick release tie.  

Indyapp, Ark, Trudy, Ellen, and anyone else who got snow, I do not envy you nor do I wish to share, love ya'll but just keep the white stuff.  Today was the first time in 5 days without darn cold wind and temp actually reached 59 deg.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 1:25 pm

It's about time, ROSE..You're having way too much fun. I'm thrilled for you. Cetah sounds like
a treasure for sure...........so many things to do with him, you can do it all. Spring is coming. ClappingHands

Graymare and Rose like this post

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 2:37 pm

BBRRR... cold out. We got the snow last night ELLEN was talking about. It was sideways snowing and the wind was howling. The horses were frisking about when I went out to feed last night, but I think they were pretty happy I kept in the barn overnight. This morning it was crispy cold, but no wind. They were quite happy to go out. I even brought Sparkle Kitty the barn cat into the house. She thought that was pretty nice until about 3:00 a.m. when she decided she had enough of being in the house and wanted out. It's amazing how persistent a cat can be when they want something.

ARK, I have been in contact with my half brother and my full brother and I have met him. You're right, it is strange.

Have fun with Chetah Rose! I get what you mean when you talk about western gaits. The little quarter horse mare I rescued a couple of years ago does NOT have pleasant gaits. She's a sweet heart in other ways to make up for it.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 8:22 pm

Rose, I'm so glad you posted about Chetah. You will have a lot of fun with him. A horse with nice gaits is a treasure.

Indy, we better get out all the quilts and comforters for the next week. It's gonna be COLD!!!

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 12:13 pm

I only have one things to say.  BRRRRRRRR  10AM, 0°

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 12:26 pm

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MORE SNOW.... affraid it's snowing to beat the band this morning. Maybe up to 6 more inches today. Darn that Phil anyway. Anyone up for some ground hog stew????? I bet the barn cats would love it.

Stayed home from church this morning and instead spent the morning doing a project with George. Taking the big king size bed apart and moving it all around. Turning the mattress and fixing the bed frame. I should have gone to church and fought the bad roads and snow, It would have been a less stress filled experience.. ROFL

ROSE: You are so blessed to have found the perfect horse for you. It is always a challenge to find that right horse. You are going to have so much fun bonding and wonderful trail rides. Congratulations.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 2:22 pm

This is Punxsutawney Phil's Ex-wife,Phyllis . She now lives in Arizona and said that Phil is a compulsive liar ....

February 2021 Philsw10

TRUDY:
Groundhog hash sounds pretty good. We got 4 inches of snow last night, on top of the dregs of snow from last week. I am over snow for the year.

ROSE:
I am so glad Cheeta has come home to roost! I bet you will have a blast with him. And those trails in the park near you are wonderful. Have lots of fun!

INDYAPP:
Did your new brother seem interested in more family? Did your dad know he had this son?

GRAYMARE:
Are you having a super bowl party today? Very Happy My sister, Annie, is so excited. She lived in St. Petersburg, FL for many years and is a big Tampa Bay fan.

Well, I guess the barn won't clean itself. Donnie is gearing up to run the snowblower to clear paths for the wheelbarrow. Fun, fun.

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptySun Feb 07, 2021 8:29 pm

Yes, ARK, we are a party.............now, it's time to start football.............go guys,
play your hearts out!

For those of you stuck with Phil's bad weather, pretend...............it will get
better soon................it's the way I feel when you can't take any more heat.
This, too, shall pass.

Boy, that fly over brings tears to me eyes every time. I love our star spangled
banner............

ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands ClappingHands

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 11:11 am

Oh boy, what crummy football yesterday. I was not sorry as the Chiefs just couldn't
get in the groove. I was stunned as were many, I'm sure..............

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 11:12 am

Oh boy, what crummy football yesterday. I was not sorry as the Chiefs just couldn't
get in the groove. I was stunned as were many, I'm sure..............

Rose likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

February 2021 Empty
PostSubject: Re: February 2021   February 2021 Empty

Back to top Go down

February 2021
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next