Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MARCH 2022

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ellen E

MARCH  2022 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 5:58 pm

Surgery is done.  Everything went well.  I'll go home tomorrow.  😊
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 8:09 am

ELLEN: Praying for you. Glad the operation went well and you will be on your way home today. Praying for strength for you and your family and freind helpers.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 4:36 pm

i am home and ready to take a good nap in my recliner. (yawwwn) All the people at the hospital were great. They did all they could to help me recover. It's a small town hospital, but they do a great job.
One of the meds is making me sleepy, so I'll kick back in my recliner
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 4:39 pm

i am home and ready to take a good nap in my recliner.  (yawwwn)  All the people at the hospital were great.  They did all they could to help me recover.  It's a small town hospital, but they do a great job.  
One of the meds is making me sleepy, so I'll kick back in my recliner
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 5:17 pm

ELLEN, glad to hear you are home and your surgery went well. I'm a little envious in that I would really like to kick back in a recliner right about now and take a nap. Sleep

ARK I can relate to your dirty horse(s). Miss Lilly is not very white at the moment. In fact, all four of mine are covered in mud as they have been laying around alot lately. While it is not exactly warm out and they have started to shed, they are mostly still wearing their winter coats and finding that they are over-dressed for the weather. Sorry to hear that your riding buddy cancelled at the last moment. I'm hoping to get out and ride soon. The time change is this weekend so maybe I'll be able to ride after work soon as it will be light later.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 1:26 am

ELLEN:
Glad you are home! wavy There is a group on Facebook for equestrians with hip problems. Lots of info and discussions there. Now be careful until you heal!

INDYAPP:
Wish you lived close, I could sure use a riding partner. My usual riding partner just bought a TB gelding and is taking some lessons on him. Her oldest one died last year and her "younger" one is now retired. Strangely all three horses look just alike. Anyway, she should be back in business soon. I'm not sure about my farrier, she has more physical issues than the retired horse.

It was 66 degrees today and will snow tonight. I hope it is winter's last gasp. It's going to be in single digit windchills tomorrow night. Blanket time. My horses are already shedding.

Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 6:41 am

Good Saturday AM everyone.

ELLEN: Praying you have made it home and are being well taken care of after your surgery.

In PA we are hunkering down for a winter snow storm 5-8 inches today although who really knows??? Most of the entire state will be staying home today. Crazy PA weather...It was just 70 the other day and now a winter storm. In 1993 when we were trying to get moved into the farm we had a huge winter storm the same exact week. We had to be moved in by April 1 and couldn't get to the farm for days. We did though and are still here almost 30 yeas later.

Stay safe & healthy (as possible)...
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 12:37 pm

This hip is causing more discomfort than the other one did, but I'm managing. It will get better. Soon, I hope.

It's been cold here for the last two days, but it looks like starting tomorrow it will be in the 40s, 50s, and even 60s. I hope it stays that way because my tulips are coming up and I don't want them to get frost bitten.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 4:32 pm

MARCH  2022 - Page 2 Spring10

ELLEN:
Hope the pain goes away fast. And your tulips don't get frostbitten. I suspect any around here are suffering.

TRUDY:
We have gotten a couple of inches of snow, but the temp drops are brutal this morning. It was too warm to put blankets on last night, in the high 50, so we rushed down to put them on this morning with windchills in the single digits and the wind HOWLING. The horses said "Yes, please!", when we asked if they wanted their blankets on. So watch out for that wind!!

Time change tomorrow...except for GRAYMARE, I think. Having sunshine until 7:30 pm will be great! I really wish they would leave the time on Daylight Saving Time.

Stay warm, people!

Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 9:22 am

Good Morning All you lovely people,

Its Sunday morning, 9a.m. to be exact. I'm late getting around today, blame it on watching tv till really late, losing an hours sleep and a blustery, snowy, windy day out there. I'm opting out of church this a.m., have a bit of a sore throat (I'm sure it is noting bad) but don't want to spread it to my seat mates. I'll watch on zoom.

ELLEN, I'm glad that your surgery went well, now to rest and heal. Take your painkillers and sleep lots. You asked about Oak Island. I believe that there is NOTHING down there except dirt and water, lol. It has been dug up for years and so help me they must be close to China by now. I know that the suspense is carried on to keep the series ongoing. There is a lovely resort built on the property and quite pricey. This area is a coupe of hours away from me, in Lunenburg County, thats where Jack was from. I'm sure the locals think these people are Mad I can't imagine spending that much money for years and years and coming up with nothing. Think about it, just how would they have gotten down to this depth that many years ago? I never watch the series, BTW, lol.

It's March break this week in Nova Scotia. Doesn't mean anything to me anymore, I don't have any grandchildren in school anymore. I was always happy for my kids though, a break from school, but the past two years they have had so much time off from school another week isn't very exciting.

The weather has been not too great, torrential rain and high winds yesterday and today the snow. None of it will last though so thats a plus.

Still having hockey games at our local rink for our Junior A teams. Thats always so much fun. These kids are from 16-20 but when they get on the ice we think we are watching NHL players, lol. We forget that they are just kids. I have season tickets, gave one of them to my friend Nancy for the season. I kept Jack's seat so that I could control who sites beside me. I didn't want someone that hasn't had a bath since their mother washed them sitting there for the season, No

ARK sorry that your ride didn't happen. At least you can get out to ride on your property and enjoy the day.

For those of you that love Scottish music, Cape Breton style (fiddles, guitar, piano) there is a free station out of Mabou, C.B. that is all Scottish music. GREYMARE you will probably like it, I know you like our music. Put CBFM.ca in your search engine. It gets you feet tapping.

Have to get my day going here. Next chore is making a fire in the wood stove downstairs. All have a great day.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 1:01 pm

Oh boy, DONNA, that's GREAT..............I'm signed in and listening right now and, yes, feet tapping.
THANK YOU.

Hope everyone has a good day at church............

Donna likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 3:06 pm

SPRING!!! It's bright and sunny and 57° today. My tulips are starting to show up and the trees are getting "fuzzy".

I am making progress, although a lot slower than last time.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 4:13 pm

Anyone else have to wake up their furbabies to feed them their breakfast now that the time has changed? Laughing

I'm back to needing a flashlight when I go out in the morning to feed. This morning I woke the horses up when I went out to feed. They were all slow coming into their stalls and I swear Monster Monster was yawning and scratching his bum as he wandered in.

Friday I had a bit of excitement I could have done without. I left work to go home and was minding my own business when this Town & Country van came to a stop at a cross street and then decided to go ahead and drive across the road. The only problem was I was right there didn't have time to brake before I smashed right into her side. Fortunately it was right downtown so I wasn't going very fast and no one was hurt. Both cars are still drivable, but mine now has a smooshed face like a Persian cat. Unfortunately, I concerned what this will do to my insurance premiums. I just changed insurance companies last fall. Never had any sort of claim with my old company that I was with 20 years and now this. All I can do is wait and see what happens. I talked to the agent's office on Friday right after it happened and the adjuster this morning. It's a 2012 Nissan Rogue. With the way things are now, it will probably take all summer to get the parts to get it fixed. One of the ironic things about the accident is that it took place Friday afternoon when the roads were clear and the sun had come out and melted the snow versus Friday morning when the roads were a mess because it had snowed overnight and people were driving stupid crazy. I passed two different accidents on my way into work Friday morning and one guy who was using a tractor to plow a factory parking lot decided he had the right of way and came right out into traffic on a busy street without looking or slowing down or anything. I was a few cars back from that one.

Hopefully that was our last attempt at winter. Today is sort of sunny and warmish, and the snow is all gone again.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 6:33 pm

Yikes, INDYAPP! affraid affraid I am so glad you weren't hurt. wavy What a pain car accidents are, and I mean financial pain. No matter who is at fault, it ends up costing everyone. I hope they can find the parts and fix your car soon.

The cold snap seems to have passed us. It was so cold, down to 14 degrees with wind. I hope it is the last blast of winter, too. Today it is 63 degrees! Much better. Our pony/donkey farrier came after lunch and did Trinket and Cactus' feet. Neither one had to even have a rope around their neck, they just stood there and let her trim them. Good little creatures.

We have set up another ride date, next Tuesday. Ivan and her horse, Kid, will go to the New River Trail....unless something cancels us again. Kid is a white/gray QH who has some opinions. He was good when we took him to Pandapas Pond last fall.

ELLEN:
No jumping jacks this week!! bouncy

DONNA:
Donnie loved Nova Scotia that time he went for work. He went to a restaurant on a pier that he talked about for a long time. He said the area was so pretty.

GRAYMARE:
How's that pup? Keeping up??

TRUDY:
Did you get thru the blast from the north? Man, it was cold.....

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 11:40 pm

ARK, no way can I keep up with the pup.  Fortunately, she can't get to the road.  That said she knows
what "come" means and "no".  She's better every day.  So when I walk toward the door and wait
she automatically comes.  I then open the door, she goes in, and receives her cheerio.  LOL
It is so cute.  At night, daughter takes her out twice..........she really is a great pup so far.
She takes a lot of time but what else do I have to do.  We still haven't taken her to the barn
as she is so tiny and only has one shot so far...........Friday is her day for shots

The horses are great and when in front, pup has sniffed them............pup jumps back when they
walk over...........LOL

Sure glad your accident didn't hurt you Indy.......and ELLEN, just keep up the good work.

I went to a tea party Saturday which was really beautifully done.  The gals that put it on went through
a lot of work.  The gal had a grand piano that one of the gals played for us......old common
hymns that we sang along to..One gal read a children's book by Sarah Ferguson called "The Queen Invited
Me To Tea".............instructions as to what gets done properly at a tea.  It was really cute and well done.If I already typed this, I'm sorry.  I wasn't going to check back.

Everyone have a good evening...........God bless.
Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 9:43 am

If you ladies have time on your hands and would like a good read, James Patterson new book The Horsewoman is a fun read in many ways. If anyone decides to read it I would love to know what you think of it. I was able to get it from my library.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 10:32 am

It was an excellent example of the jumping competition work and DACA.....taught me some
things I was unaware of.......a good read.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 8:21 pm

This recovery time is making interesting topics few and far between. I'm here, watching TV and making 20 minute journeys to the bathroom. It takes that long to limp there and back with the walker. Not too much new scenery.
However, I did see a pair of swans fly by and an osprey. The geese are spread out over all the lakes away from the channels where they spent the winter.
Neighbor Karen brought me a delicious dinner of chicken and rice with mushroom gravy. LOVE my neighbors.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 9:50 am

It looks like DST may stay year round..............
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 10:58 am

I've heard they are considering the permanent time thing. I would be in favor of that. However, Indiana is on EST even though we should be on Central time. So in the winter it takes a long time for dawn to break.
It's going to be another nice spring day today. 😊
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 11:33 pm

INDYAPP:
Nope, I don't feed in the dark of early morning. My horses would be in total shock to see me! Of course, I don't usually have to be anywhere after I feed them...like to work. I used to feed horses/goats a million years ago when I was teaching, but all those animals are gone now and none of my present ones ever heard of the good ol' days when breakfast came early. Very Happy And I'll never tell them....

I am on the side of Daylight Saving Time. I like more sunlight in the afternoon.

I'll try to get that book, Horsewoman. Sounds good. Another horse book I read recently and loved was "Perestroika in Paris". Sweet horsey story, a TB in Paris. It's on sale on Kindle now.

ELLEN:
20 minutes! I would never make it there in time.... Rolling Eyes I hope you are feeling better today.

GRAYMARE:
Pup pix?? She does sound rambunctious!

TRUDY:
Are you going to plant a big garden this year? Once again, we are going to try to grow one. I have a bunch of canning jars and was looking at lids at Kroger's. They wanted $6.99 for a dozen lids!!! affraid Not even with rings. I think I will be dehydrating anything we manage to grow instead of canning them.

My sister now has Covid. Not Annie, my other sister. Annie had it before vaccines came out and was hospitalized for a few days. Vicki is vaxxed and boosted, and so far feels like she has a very bad cold. Hopefully it won't get any worse. She said she went into a Burger King and a WalGreens the other day when they weren't busy. She's been very careful with masks, but one little slip up and she has gotten it. So I am the last sibling who hasn't had it on my side of the family. (Knocking fiercely on wood.)

Back to top Go down
Indyapp

Indyapp

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 10:30 am

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Let's toast to a life filled with good fortune and good company.

If we are going to have a permanent time, then I like DST. I like that evening light. But I have to admit, living in Indiana on DLT will make for a rough winter morning. I heard on the radio this morning that at the peak of winter it won't be light here until close to 9:00 a.m.

Sometimes I wonder if all the isolation contributes to catching CoVid. Sounds strange, I know, but if you're totally isolated and don't have any exposure to it, your body doesn't build up any natural resistance to it. I think of it kind of like sending little kids to daycare or kindergarten for the first time. They come home with sniffles and colds all the time the first couple of years, then it mellows out as they get older. Not saying don't get vaccinations, or don't wear masks, just saying total isolation may not me the right answer either. I hope your sister feels better soon ARK.
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 5:12 pm

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I don't own anything green, so I guess lavender will have to do.

I am making slow progress. Impatience is growing. The weather is really nice and I'd like to be outside doin' stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 6:57 pm

INDYAPP:
 You could be right about total isolation, but I am not sure.  I think this is just an opportunistic virus who will sneak into someone's nose if it gets the least little chance.  I wish him gone!!   Happy St. Paddy's Day to you, too!

ELLEN:
 Be careful, don't be impatient!  You don't want a setback.  rake   It sounds like you are doing pretty well!   If I didn't wear green at school on this day,  the pinch would have gotten me!  I am still wearing green today even though Donnie is the only one I have seen.  He is smart, he's wearing green, too.  Very Happy

I rode Ivan a few minutes ago, wearing my green.  It's such a nice day today.  I didn't get a picture except the one I took while riding.  Donnie was in the house on the phone, so no photographer.  It was fun.  Ivan did well.

MARCH  2022 - Page 2 Ivanss10
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2022 8:26 pm

I wish you all good evening and lots of blessings............

ARK, send me your cell tele and I will forward you a picture of the puppy........... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 6:01 am

Things have been so crazy here this week, just no time to sit down and even send email.  I HATE plans that change every few hours, it makes me crazy and screws up so many other things that are in place and that has been my life the last week. 

Missy's service is today at 11 for the family greet and 12 for the service, then lunch at church.  Then the family from Pittsburgh and friends will be heading here, some will be staying overnight. 

Pray for us to get thru this day and the rest of the weekend. Thanks my friends...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MARCH 2022
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next