Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MARCH 2022

Go down 
+2
Graymare
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Manygatess

MARCH  2022 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 6:01 am

Things have been so crazy here this week, just no time to sit down and even send email.  I HATE plans that change every few hours, it makes me crazy and screws up so many other things that are in place and that has been my life the last week. 

Missy's service is today at 11 for the family greet and 12 for the service, then lunch at church.  Then the family from Pittsburgh and friends will be heading here, some will be staying overnight. 

Pray for us to get thru this day and the rest of the weekend. Thanks my friends...

Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 12:43 pm

TRUDY, prayers from here. I know, I know. You will make it through but will be mentally and
physically exhausted by Monday. ((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 19, 2022 10:36 pm

TRUDY:
 I hope all went well today.  hug hug  

EVERYONE:
 Get ready for the cutest puppy pix ever seen!! GRAYMARE's new pup:  Introducing Nell E. Bell:  

MARCH  2022 - Page 3 Puppy10

MARCH  2022 - Page 3 Nelleb10
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 8:21 am

Good Morning,

Greymare, Nell is beautiful, look at those eyes!!! I bet she keeps you busy as most pups do. They do keep you on your toes though and from getting stagnant, lol.

Another Sunday and it is so foggy and dismal out there but it is the FIRST DAY OF SPRING! Yaaaa Us! We too are considering permanent DST and I would welcome it but feel for those poor little kids that would be leaving home in pitch black dark. We will see.

Tomorrow starts the end of our mask mandate and quantity of people limits, 100% capacity! Now I will still wear my mask when I'm shopping and any place that has a huge amount of people. It's just nice to be able to choose again. So far I have escaped and know it's because I have followed all the rules. I certainly don't stay home and hibernate. The children still have to wear their masks in school till the end of April at least. It will be good to go to hockey and be able to see the players without my glasses being all steamed up.

Nothing much exciting around here the past week. Allison, Andrew and Ava left on Friday for Puta Cana. Ava is being so good, smiling, sleeping and swimming. I'm sure they will have a great week. She sprouted two top teeth, both on the same side. Allison said she will be looking like a redneck with teeth on one side, lol.

Heading to church this a.m. You all have a great day.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 3:44 pm

All went well for the service, luncheon and family visit.  No issues (that I know of anyway), everyone seemed to be able to put aside their little petty issues and celebrate Missy's life.  The service was beautiful, lunch put on by the church was great...Lots of left overs that we brought home and everyone snacked on them here. The weather even cooperated almost all day, right around 4:00 we had a short but severe thunderstorm roll thru, we were all sitting on the enclosed patio and watching it rain. 

George's brother Keith, his wife Sherry & Missy's husband Joel stayed over at our house, so we were up until around 10:30 just talking and relaxing.  They left around noon today.  Now George & I are relaxing and just sitting around.  Tomorrow is another day to straighten things up and put stuff back in place in the spare rooms.  

Thanks for all the prayers, they were answered.

Love & prayers...
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 7:18 am

MANYGATES, I know that I have not kept up on all the happenings of the past couple of years. I did see that there was a funeral for Missy and just now read your post. Who is Missy and what relation to you? Was she very young? I'm very sorry for your loss whatever connection you had to her.

Donna

Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 7:57 am

DONNA: Missy was our oldest daughter. She was 52. She had MS and other health issues and had been hospitalized for a couple weeks before she passed unexpectedly. No Covid just MS, pneumonia and a fall.
She had suffered with the MS diagnosis since 2004, fighting it every step of the way.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 5:02 pm

MANYGATES, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you are feeling. As you may or many not know we lost our Daughter, Tracey, in 2000 to cancer. She was thirty! Actually she would be almost your daughters age right now. There is nothing worse than losing a child no matter the age.

Tracey was always chiming in on the HORSE Over 50 Group and was kind of adopted as the youngest member. I have to say if it wasn't for these long time friends I don't know what I would have done. Her girls are all grown up now and have very successful lives, I know she would be so proud of them. She would also be a Grandmother but I'm convinced she is watching over them all and not missing a thing.

Sincere sympathy to you and your family.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 12:38 pm

Trudy, I'm so glad that things went well so you can all begin to heal.

I went to see the orthopedist this morning. All is well. The x-rays are perfect. The staples are out. Just a matter of time now.
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2022 7:48 am

DONNA: Thanks for the kind words, yes I do remember Tracey. It is hard to believe that Tracey passed so many years ago. Time does fly but I'm sure the hurt of losing a child never goes away. It is the worst kind of pain to deal with.

Thank you all my friends for always being here to lean on in time of trouble.

GRAYMARE: What a sweet puppy. WOW what a grand tea party. I just love tea parties and all the fancy girlie stuff.

ELLEN: Glad you are healing and are getting around.

ARK: We had a couple nicer days but are back to cold and rain. 40 this morning.

Things are slowly returning to "normal" here. My girlfriends will be coming out tomorrow for our semi weekly coffee club. What on earth would we do without our girlfriends????
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:01 pm

Big day today..............Nell E. Belle went to the vet. She got her shot like a big girl, didn't cry
and sat still while in the office. The other clients commented how good she was. We didn't let
on that she was just like any obnoxious puppy. LOL. Anyhow, we were proud of her. The
vet examined her mouth and said her malocclusion is just fine for right now which was very
good news.

Good night all.......Prayers for all and especially those suffering in Ukraine...........

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 11:48 pm

TRUDY:
 Still thinking about you.... hug    What a time you have had these last few years.  

GRAYMARE:
 Congrats on Nell's successful trip to the vet! ClappingHands   Are you going to try to train her for agility or some other doggy activity?  

ELLEN:
 Good news about your new hip! ClappingHands   Now be careful anyway!  No alligator wrestling this summer...

DONNA:
 It's hard to believe it's been that long since Tracy passed away.  Her daughters grew up so fast.   Did one just have a baby recently?  You are a great granny??  Congrats! ClappingHands

INDYAPP:
 So how is your brother doing?  Did all the doctor wrangling get settled?  Did you go back to Chicago?

We took Ivan to the New River Trail on Tuesday.  It was such a pretty day,  70 degrees and sunny.   Ivan was in fire breathing dragon mode, but was controllable.  He just wanted to go way faster than I wanted him to go.  After 3 miles he finally settled down.  Unfortunately, we only went 4 miles.  Rolling Eyes   He never spooked, but the horse we were riding with did.  "Kid" spooked at a weird looking stump, spun around and slammed into Ivan's head.  Ivan spun around to avoid him, but didn't freak out.   Everything settled out pretty quick, and I didn't have Ivan right next to Kid again after that.  We stayed in front.   As hyper as Ivan can be, he isn't spooky.  We seemed to have gotten thru that stage in his life.   He will eye something he thinks is weird, sometimes edge around it, but mostly believes me when I tell him it is okay. It was lucky he wasn't hurt when Kid slammed into Ivan's head.    Overall it was a good ride, hopefully the next time Ivan will be more relaxed.  This was the first time we've been to the New River Trail in 3 years and the first time we have gone alone anywhere with Kid.  We hauled him to Pandapas last fall and rode with others.    At the end of the ride we found a little country store that sold hotdogs and celebrated with a chili dog!  

MARCH  2022 - Page 3 Mar22_10

Ivan watching a boat on the New River. He doesn't seem to approve of boats...
Back to top Go down
Manygatess

Manygatess

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 7:44 am

ARK: Thanks for the big hug. I sure needed it. Just when I thought I could sit back and take a deep breathe and relax, I received a phone call from my dear freind Ashley. She was crying so hard I could hardly understand her. I haven't been able to visit with her because of her precarious health issues and the Covid. We text all the time and she has never let on how ill she really is. She is in the hospital again and the doctor came into her room and announced "you are dying..all your systems are shutting down, you have one to two weeks to live" and causally walked out of her room. OMG!!!!! Needless to say, yesterday I spent the afternoon with her at the hospital. She might weigh 70 pounds soaking wet. She had on makeup and jewelry and was trying to look her best. I'm still in such shock after seeing her. I will be spending my spare time sitting with her and praying that doctor is WRONG... They are trying to get her strong enough to go home so she can pass away there instead of the hospital. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 11:45 am

TRUDY. I don't even have any words for this. This is really bad news
to read. My heart aches for you and I'm sending hugs all around. I can't believe
her doctor could be so cruel........it seems he has no love in his bedside manner.
That was so low a blow for her to hear. She knows what's going on, she didn't
have to hear it from him. I hope she can get home fast and feel the real love
of home & family. (((((((((((((((((((hugs and love))))))))))))))))))
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2022 4:22 pm

Truly, I am sooo sorry for your friend and you.  What an awful way for the doctor to make that terrible announcement. He must have skipped to class on how to relate to patients.
I send you a big cyber hug.

Saturday morning: It is NOT supposed to snow now. Yeah. Right. We have snow covering the ground this morning.
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2022 8:03 am

Good Morning All,

TRUDY, I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend. That certainly is no way for a doc to approach a patient. I understand that they have to know what is taking place but some kindness goes a long way. It's a hard pill to hear this kind of news. Hopefully she gets to go home like she wishes.

Well it's Sunday a.m. and I have been up for a hour or more with FOUR dogs under my feet. My son and GF came yesterday from Hfx. to go to a friends mask burning party and asked me if I would look after their three dogs overnight. They won't drink and drive so were planning on staying put at the friends. One is a Springer spaniel that is way overweight and like all hunting dogs she stinks, a Welsh terrier, Shitzu (sp?) and of course Fergie. They all get along fine but the Shitzu is really busy and chews everything that resembles a toy. I have to hide all Fergies favourites or they will be toast. Next is breakfast for them and the Springer is terrible about eating everyones meals if left unattended for a second. You have to stand guard till they are finished! Oh well its only for a few more hours.

Won't get to church this a.m. so all try to watch on ZOOM.

Nothing much new here. Mandates were lifted last Monday but masks are still used by a lot, me included, especially in stores.

Have a good day all.

Donna
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 11:44 pm

It's raining right now, not pouring but I cancelled the grindings I had ordered for tomorrow as
the truck has to come through the pasture. It can come another day.

I'm SO tired and compared to yesteryear I think I'm actually old. LOL. Part of it is I just
finished dinner and that itself wears me out.

Nell E Belle is a goof ball wanting to play all the time. Maybe that's why I'm so tired. Duh.
She sure keeps us on our toes.............

I hope everyone is feeling well this evening........God bless and pray for Ukraine..........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 10:06 am

Winter is clinging yet another day. Tomorrow will be much better. The flowers are coming up, and the trees are getting "fuzzy" as they get ready to bloom.
Not much other news now. I'm still being a couch potato but moving a little better and more often.
Back to top Go down
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 5:55 pm

Good for you ELLEN.......glad to read you're doing better. Pretty soon you will be jet
skiing on your lake.

Where is everyone else.................See you al soon I hope.

Still pray for Ukraine..............
Back to top Go down
Donna

Donna

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2022 7:22 am

Good Morning All,

It seems pretty quiet in here these days, I'm assuming everyone is busy.

ELLEN, it will take time to heal but Greymare is right, you will soon be skimming over the lake smiling.

I have been fighting a head cold for a week now, finally feel like it is getting better. On the weekend my Son and GF were here with their three dogs. I looked after them when they went to a party on Saturday night, it was a lot of work but got through it. Hockey game last night, our team lost in double overtime with a 1-0 score so you know how good a game it was! Its playoffs and we are the top team in this section but if they don't take the next few games we are out! I'm an avid hockey fan, either live here or NHL on tv. It certainly passes the winter.

Must get moving and get my day going. Going to be another cold one so all light a fire in the wood stove in the basement, it heats the house. I love wood heat.

All have a great day

Donna
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2022 3:15 pm

TRUDY:
 You need many more hugs... hug hug

I hope your friend is at home now and away from that doctor.  How horrible he was to her.   Please let us know how she is doing and that we are thinking good thoughts of her.

Time to change the calendar....

goto: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t129-april-2022#14227

or to Basket then April 2022

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MARCH 2022   MARCH  2022 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MARCH 2022
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3