Over 50 Horse Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Over 50 Horse Friends

A place for the old Over 50 Horsenet friends and new friends interested in horses.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AUGUST 2022

Go down 
+2
Ellen E
Ark
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ark
Admin

AUGUST 2022 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2022   AUGUST 2022 - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 11:03 pm

ELLEN:
That was a nice article about Cody's Wish. Very sweet of the owners to do something good for the boy.
Wow, your friends must like that cruise a lot! That's good to hear!

GRAYMARE:
Nellie sounds like a very sensible pup! How old is she now?

Donnie and I washed three horses this evening. Hopefully Trinket and the dog will get a bath tomorrow evening. It's been hot and they were all sweaty yesterday and today. I am taking Ivan to Pandapas Pond tomorrow and hope he decides to stay clean overnight. He lived thru the bath with minimal drowning.
Back to top Go down
https://horsefriends.forumotion.com
Graymare

Graymare

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2022   AUGUST 2022 - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 11:46 pm

ARK, Nellie is now seven months............

All of you in storm country, beware.

Our local pony hero of the neighborhood died today at 30 yrs. He was such a cutie.............sad news.

I'm having company for lunch tomorrow................YUM.

Have a great evening everyone.........
Back to top Go down
Ellen E

Ellen E

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2022   AUGUST 2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 1:22 pm

Ark, my neighbors have been on something like 130 cruises in the last 10 or 12 years. They've been everywhere. When he was still working, they lived in several different countries and traveled a lot then. Now, one of their favorite places is Alaska.
When they go on longer cruises, she will send me e-mails, with photos, describing what they are doing and seeing. It's really fun to get an actual letter. The ships have internet access, some better than others. They also have bridge cams so you can go online and see what is seen from the helm.
One of those cruises was a 46 day trip from Perth around the Indian Ocean. That was when Covid was just getting started and the ship was denied access to a couple of ports. They got home just before everything started shutting down. Whew.
Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2022   AUGUST 2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 2:10 pm

GRAYMARE:
I am sorry about the loss of the neighborhood pony. I bet a lot of kids loved him over the years. hug

ELLEN:
Wow, those folks are dedicated cruisers! ClappingHands Good for them! They seem to be living a great life. They were lucky to get home when Covid hit.
I have heard of people who are traveling cruise to cruise and basically living at sea. I think I would miss living on land, but good for them if they like it!

Donnie and I went on our only cruise back in 2004. We celebrated our 30th anniversary, although a few days early. We had a great time. It lasted for a week and about 4 days into it, I realized I hadn't seen an animal in days and actually missed them. So no living at sea for me unless I can take a cat! Laughing

We applied for new passports yesterday. The local library handles this now, so much more convenient than it used to be. It was fairly easy getting the documents together because we had used the same ones getting the new super/dooper driver licenses we got a couple of years ago. Luckily, we did that just before Covid shut down the DMV offices.

Back to top Go down
Ark
Admin
Ark

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2022   AUGUST 2022 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 11:41 pm

Well here we are, the end of another month. Time to change the calendar.

Go to: https://horsefriends.forumotion.com/t135-september-2022#14555

or click on "basket" and then click on "September 2022"

flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AUGUST 2022   AUGUST 2022 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

AUGUST 2022
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3